[Product]  B-130 Random Booster Vol. 13

Well, I don't know if anybody has seen this, but the video comes from a JP channel that runs competitive combos (or at least mostly). It is showing off aK's performance against a few different top-tier combos and it doesn't seem half bad!

(Dec. 27, 2018  12:08 AM)Dragunix Wrote: Well, I don't know if anybody has seen this, but the video comes from a JP channel that runs competitive combos (or at least mostly). It is showing off aK's performance against a few different top-tier combos and it doesn't seem half bad!

It's good. Good same spin stamina, and good opposite spin stamina...Could replace aH?
I hope it's design will at least make it susceptible to attack combos

pl0x TT
(Dec. 27, 2018  12:37 AM)Infinite.Zero Wrote:
(Dec. 27, 2018  12:08 AM)Dragunix Wrote: Well, I don't know if anybody has seen this, but the video comes from a JP channel that runs competitive combos (or at least mostly). It is showing off aK's performance against a few different top-tier combos and it doesn't seem half bad!

It's good. Good same spin stamina, and good opposite spin stamina...Could replace aH?

I think aH is still a good and versatile Layer. aK is only obtainable through RBV, so in terms of ease of acquisition, aH is the better alternative. I've yet to see how heavy they are in comparison though.

aK Layer gimmick is probably exactly like mG except with more metal for weight as a ChouZ Bey, and as expected the Expand Frame is a hindrance to Eternal Driver (like Lift to Destroy on vL). 

Bearing might work with Expand, but the teeth might not be as great as Sr nor have the ChouZ Kakusei ability of CZ-Spriggan to be useful and competitive. 

Nonetheless, I think aK is a welcome addition to any Blader's arsenal, though aH is probably a more cost-efficient option for Stamina and Burst resistance.
Just a heads up there’s this one sticker which is really hard to stick on aK
(Dec. 27, 2018  4:40 AM)GodGaia Wrote: Just a heads up there’s this one sticker which is really hard to stick on aK

As long as it's not as irritating as the eye stickers on Bloody Longinus. Those things have never been cooperative with me.
Could expand be used with aH to act as a shield to prevent layer to layer impacts?

Could aH/hS.00E.Br be the next big thing for stamina and defense?
Expand is absolutely beautiful

Orb aegis is a good counter to ak
(Dec. 27, 2018  7:20 AM)MWF Wrote: Could expand be used with aH to act as a shield to prevent layer to layer impacts?

No. I really don't think frames will stop layer-to-layer impact, since they're generally too low. I don't know exactly how wide Expand is, but I seriously doubt it'll stop layer to layer contact.

Also, let's wait and see how much stamina 00 has before assuming it'll be good for Stamina.
(Dec. 27, 2018  8:57 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Dec. 27, 2018  7:20 AM)MWF Wrote: Could expand be used with aH to act as a shield to prevent layer to layer impacts?

No. I really don't think frames will stop layer-to-layer impact, since they're generally too low. I don't know exactly how wide Expand is, but I seriously doubt it'll stop layer to layer contact.

Also, let's wait and see how much stamina 00 has before assuming it'll be good for Stamina.

it's around as wide as Z Achilles
but yeah I agree, it won't help much unless we get a 230 height driver
So after watching this, it's safe to say aK at least seems good. Hades may be usable as a counter with its upper attack at the least.

oh a counter, always a plus. Hopefully there's some more, while it also can counter other top-tier stamina combos
(Dec. 27, 2018  8:57 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:

Coz of the warps on aK, it makes the contact points on the layer pretty high and the bey in general is quite tall so when paired with expand, layer to frame contact is not that unusual
We can expect the ban hammer to come down on this thing. It's probably better than Garuda.
After watching the LeoBurst video, I think it's safe to say it probably won't be banned. It did pretty bad against Cho-Z Achilles constantly attacking it. Granted, he was using the stock combos, but I think it gives a general idea of how aK is
I mean, it doesn't really. Stock combo Hell Salamander doesn't perform well either and it was/is Top Tier. I know Eternal is a top tier part, but it might not work well with aK and the frame, in combination with aK seems like it has no LAD.

We need lots of testing.
(Dec. 28, 2018  5:07 PM)ultra destinus Wrote: We can expect the ban hammer to come down on this thing. It's probably better than Garuda.

I expect not. Its design, while powerful, also comes with a few weaknesses that allow for counterplay. Any decent form of Upper Attacker will always cause problems for a wide bey, and that means Dead Hades is an easy choice to stop it from being too powerful. I suspect that that isn't its only weakness either.

It's definitely better than Garuda because it's significantly heavier, and given that one is a God layer and the other a much heavier Zuper-Z layer this seems like stating the obvious to me, but Garuda was easier to take out that its ban would make you think, so the comparison falls a bit flat given that it's already got counterplay.
(Dec. 28, 2018  10:53 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Dec. 28, 2018  5:07 PM)ultra destinus Wrote: We can expect the ban hammer to come down on this thing. It's probably better than Garuda.

I expect not. Its design, while powerful, also comes with a few weaknesses that allow for counterplay. Any decent form of Upper Attacker will always cause problems for a wide bey, and that means Dead Hades is an easy choice to stop it from being too powerful. I suspect that that isn't its only weakness either.

It's definitely better than Garuda because it's significantly heavier, and given that one is a God layer and the other a much heavier Zuper-Z layer this seems like stating the obvious to me, but Garuda was easier to take out that its ban would make you think, so the comparison falls a bit flat given that it's already got counterplay.

It does have its own strength and weaknesses, tbh. And mG wasn't that hard to push out of the stadium (but still had ban imposed) with consistent and heavy attackers. aK might have more use as a mobile defense type due to its sheer size (I think it is the same size as the pocket gap or even larger) that can allow it to tornado stall. I would suggest Bearing if Eternal is too weak for it, but more testing will ensue once I do get mine (probably by next month)...
(Dec. 27, 2018  4:43 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Dec. 27, 2018  4:40 AM)GodGaia Wrote: Just a heads up there’s this one sticker which is really hard to stick on aK

As long as it's not as irritating as the eye stickers on Bloody Longinus. Those things have never been cooperative with me.

AAAnd they peel off quickly tooo... darn stickers ...
About Air Knight.
Caution!
Don't ware level chip because It's very hard to take it off
(Dec. 30, 2018  5:42 AM)marutti Wrote: About Air Knight.
Caution!

Pretty sure you mean "wear", which isn't necessarily the right word. "Use" is probably a better word here.

Even then, being difficult to remove shouldn't really be a problem. I know I've had some difficulties removing chips from a few Super-Z layers before, but they can't really get stuck in there for good, and unless you do it really carelessly shouldn't cause any damage to either the layer or chip. All you should reasonably need is a disk to pop it through, which is actually the easiest way to remove a stubborn level chip I know of.
Well wed need to get the red chip 1st. Cant wait to test this baby out.
(Dec. 30, 2018  6:22 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2018  5:42 AM)marutti Wrote: About Air Knight.
Caution!

Pretty sure you mean "wear", which isn't necessarily the right word. "Use" is probably a better word here.

Even then, being difficult to remove shouldn't really be a problem. I know I've had some difficulties removing chips from a few Super-Z layers before, but they can't really get stuck in there for good, and unless you do it really carelessly shouldn't cause any damage to either the layer or chip. All you should reasonably need is a disk to pop it through, which is actually the easiest way to remove a stubborn level chip I know of.
 Exactly !
Removing level chips are not hard using disk is the best Smile

(Dec. 30, 2018  9:27 AM)Dodgest Wrote: Well wed need to get the red chip 1st. Cant wait to test this baby out.

I already have the red chip and its Ok.
Im actually interested in the freen one which comes in this random booster.
I hope one day hasbro makes level chips, that would be the 1st RIGHT thing they did with these beys. They would sell like hot cakes. I bet TT will make lots of money for the 1 bey with the level chip. I dont need anymore EF layers but ill buy 3-5 just for the chip.