[Product]  B-130 Random Booster Vol. 13

I just noticed it seems like they made Gold Hazard Kerbeus as a reference or something like that to Hell Kebrecs... hmmm
(Nov. 15, 2018  1:40 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: That's a purple Cho- Z Spriggan
I remembered this comment when I said there was a purple rP. Hindsight is 20/20, eh Citrus?

Honestly, this collection is just amazing. Air Knight looks defendable while still having enough texture to potentially harm it unlike Maximum Garuda's intense smoothness. Expand looks like a fan in frame form, with enough smoothness to maybe have some LAD power too, along with Eternal and all the power that comes with that. 12 is basically the one thing limiting it tbh, as everything else looks solid.

It's interesting to see so many outclassed "prime" parts, like Fusion', Merge', and Blow'. Out of that lineup Merge' is probably the strongest, but they're all outclassed by other prime parts so they're not actually good. I mean, Fusion' is basically 1/3 of a Zeta', Blow' is weaker and less useful than Zephyr', and Merge' is just not all that impressive when Xtreme' and Hunter' both exist.

The level chip with Emperor Forneus has my attention though. I'd like to think they actually want to make level chips more available at this point without resorting to making them wholesale, and this is a good way to do that.

Overall, I like the colors of every single layer in the set except for Dranzer Flame, which is the big disappointment for me barring the 10 disk it comes with. I am getting a bit sick of Emperor Forneus at this point along with everyone else, but the transparent blue looks good on it and it comes with that level chip, so I'll tolerate its existence. Interestingly enough, there are no God layers in the set, so the remake layers are really the only two true flops here, and Wolborg at least has good parts with it that make up for the weak layer with a top-tier disk and driver and a potentially usable frame.

The real disappointment I have is in the sheer amount of 11, 12, and 13 disks released in this set, with 5/8 of the whole set having one of those disks. I'm not sour on 4 like a comment I saw above since 4 is a second-tier disk, but beyond 10 and 0 nothing stands out on the disk front.

Fun fact: If you get Revive Phoenix, the white Aero Knight, and Dranzer Flame you can make Revive Phoenix's stock combo just out of this random booster. I find that neat.
(Dec. 15, 2018  9:41 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Nov. 15, 2018  1:40 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: That's a purple Cho- Z Spriggan
I remembered this comment when I said there was a purple rP. Hindsight is 20/20, eh Citrus?

Honestly, this collection is just amazing. Air Knight looks defendable while still having enough texture to potentially harm it unlike Maximum Garuda's intense smoothness. Expand looks like a fan in frame form, with enough smoothness to maybe have some LAD power too, along with Eternal and all the power that comes with that. 12 is basically the one thing limiting it tbh, as everything else looks solid.

It's interesting to see so many outclassed "prime" parts, like Fusion', Merge', and Blow'. Out of that lineup Merge' is probably the strongest, but they're all outclassed by other prime parts so they're not actually good. I mean, Fusion' is basically 1/3 of a Zeta', Blow' is weaker and less useful than Zephyr', and Merge' is just not all that impressive when Xtreme' and Hunter' both exist.

The level chip with Emperor Forneus has my attention though. I'd like to think they actually want to make level chips more available at this point without resorting to making them wholesale, and this is a good way to do that.

Overall, I like the colors of every single layer in the set except for Dranzer Flame, which is the big disappointment for me barring the 10 disk it comes with. I am getting a bit sick of Emperor Forneus at this point along with everyone else, but the transparent blue looks good on it and it comes with that level chip, so I'll tolerate its existence. Interestingly enough, there are no God layers in the set, so the remake layers are really the only two true flops here, and Wolborg at least has good parts with it that make up for the weak layer with a top-tier disk and driver and a potentially usable frame.

The real disappointment I have is in the sheer amount of 11, 12, and 13 disks released in this set, with 5/8 of the whole set having one of those disks. I'm not sour on 4 like a comment I saw above since 4 is a second-tier disk, but beyond 10 and 0 nothing stands out on the disk front.

Fun fact: If you get Revive Phoenix, the white Aero Knight, and Dranzer Flame you can make Revive Phoenix's stock combo just out of this random booster. I find that neat.
I blame low res leaked pictures. Maybe the leak had a different pictures...
To be honest...
This random booster had much more potential!

- Black Dranzer F with black/red Zeta'
-Two level chips instead of one
-Xtreme' needed to be here... it's just too good, too expensive, and wears down too quickly
-Needed a second eternal... something with a more neutral color like grey/black/white etc
-Absorb in a new color would have been great
-Octa ftw
(Dec. 15, 2018  10:43 PM)Ultragunner Wrote: To be honest...

-Xtreme' needed to be here... it's just too good, too expensive, and wears down too quickly
-Needed a second eternal... something with a  more neutral color like grey/black/white etc
-Octa ftw

I agree with you on everything except Octa. I think that Octa would be to heavy for a booster, and would lead to people weighing the boosters to try to either get this part or avoid it.
(Dec. 16, 2018  12:52 AM)BurstMaster Wrote:
(Dec. 15, 2018  10:43 PM)Ultragunner Wrote: To be honest...

-Needed a second eternal... something with a  more neutral color like grey/black/white etc
-Octa ftw

I agree with you on everything except Octa. I think that Octa would be to heavy for a booster, and would lead to people weighing the boosters to try to either get this part or avoid it.

All they'd need to do is balance out the weight with a lighter disk or layer and not include a frame, which should be easy.
(Dec. 16, 2018  1:39 AM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Dec. 16, 2018  12:52 AM)BurstMaster Wrote: I agree with you on everything except Octa. I think that Octa would be to heavy for a booster, and would lead to people weighing the boosters to try to either get this part or avoid it.

All they'd need to do is balance out the weight with a lighter disk or layer and not include a frame, which should be easy.
That would still be heavier than most booster beys
(Dec. 16, 2018  1:46 AM)BurstMaster Wrote:
(Dec. 16, 2018  1:39 AM)Jinbee Wrote: All they'd need to do is balance out the weight with a lighter disk or layer and not include a frame, which should be easy.
That would still be heavier than most booster beys

Except that it doesn't have to be. Let's take one beyblade from this booster, let's say hS.13.B', which is roughly 46-47 grams, hS is about 21 grams, 13 is 20 grams and Blow' is probably around 5 or 6 grams. Octa is about 14 grams, add a 12 disk which is a little over 16 grams and... say the bX layer which is almost around 20 grams. In total that's about 46 grams, around the same as the hS combo in this set.
(Dec. 16, 2018  1:56 AM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Dec. 16, 2018  1:46 AM)BurstMaster Wrote: That would still be heavier than most booster beys

Except that it doesn't have to be. Let's take one beyblade from this booster, let's say hS.13.B', which is roughly 46-47 grams, hS is about 21 grams, 13 is 20 grams and Blow' is probably around 5 or 6 grams. Octa is about 14 grams, add a 12 disk which is a little over 16 grams and... say the bX layer which is almost around 20 grams. In total that's about 46 grams, around the same as the hS combo in this set.

That makes sense from a logic standpoint, but then again TT likes to make some combos as illogical and heavy as possible. Like in RBV 10. sX 5B At was heavier than most at the time of release. RBV 11. nL planet. nL is heavier than most of the layers in that set, and planet is the 2nd or 3rd heaviest driver in the game (The first being Octa).
(Dec. 15, 2018  9:57 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: I blame low res leaked pictures. Maybe the leak had a different pictures...

Looking back, the beys pictured in the leak are pretty clearly the same that we're getting, so that's out. Can't blame you due to the resolution though.

Meh, I dunno. Kind of feels like an "I told ya so" moment to me, but hey, terrible, terrible pixelation obscuring anything.

(Dec. 16, 2018  2:10 AM)BurstMaster Wrote: nL is heavier than most of the layers in that set
That's because Nightmare Longinus is heavier than any other layer due to its inability to have a disk equipped with it. It's the heaviest disk by a sizable margin, but when you're missing ~16-22 grams of weight from the disk you can give it a weighty driver like Planet and still not weigh as much as other combos. Saying nL.Pl is meant to be "as heavy as possible" seems like quite a stretch there when it's still lighter than the stock Bloody Longinus. Illogical? Definitely, no argument there. Heavy? Not really.
(Dec. 16, 2018  2:10 AM)BurstMaster Wrote: That makes sense from a logic standpoint, but then again TT likes to make some combos as illogical and heavy as possible. Like in RBV 10. sX 5B At was heavier than most at the time of release. RBV 11. nL planet. nL is heavier than most of the layers in that set, and planet is the 2nd or 3rd heaviest driver in the game (The first being Octa).

But then... by that logic, Octa making one of the random beys heavier than the rest shouldn't be an issue since TT does this kind of stuff anyway? It really counters your own point of Octa being too heavy for an RBV, even with my whole "balancing weight with lighter disk and layer" solution not withstanding. 

Octa being heavy isn't a good reason not to be absent from an RBV, the only reason it wouldn't be there is because it's a Rare Get Bey part and even then Outer on oE broke that formula.

And nL isn't heavier than other Cho Z layers in RBV11 such as wV, vL, bL, even eF. nL being a disk + layer combo gives the illusion of that. In reality, nL is 37 grams which is the equivalent to a 13g layer + 0, the heaviest disk. With Planet, the nL.P pull is 46 grams which sounds heavy, but then wV.3.Y is around that weight too. And nL.P definitely isn't heavier than most of the RBV11 selection.

But this is getting off topic now.