[Product]  B-120 Starter Buster Xcalibur 1' Sword

(Jul. 01, 2018  7:35 AM)DragonicMeister Wrote: Just imagine the driver being a metal version of Impact or being r2F

Metal version of Impact is the worst idea ever. Impact's rubber barely touches the stadium and doesn't work. I cannot see how a metal version of Impact would be better.
(Jul. 01, 2018  7:37 AM)BeyCrafter Wrote:
(Jul. 01, 2018  7:35 AM)DragonicMeister Wrote: Just imagine the driver being a metal version of Impact or being r2F

Metal version of Impact is the worst idea ever. Impact's rubber barely touches the stadium and doesn't work. I cannot see how a metal version of Impact would be better.

I see what you are saying but I think about a Impact that has rubber outside and metal inside. It'll hold a nice flower pattern...
I just hope it has good teeth and a new and meta dominator driver .

Also this and Vise Leopard have the metal in kinda the same area. They also have a similar shape . Hope this has good teeth. And has no breaking issues. Does anyone know the launcher that comes with it.
(Jul. 01, 2018  9:41 AM)team CYAN Wrote: how does a Giga Flat driver sound?

I think Variable is similar to the Giga Flat when all its spikes are worn out.
(Jul. 01, 2018  1:00 PM)CrazyAries Wrote:

A bit more towards a GigaRubberFlat like demonstrated in a video by @[1234beyblade].
(Jul. 01, 2018  7:37 AM)BeyCrafter Wrote:

I actually meant the shape of impact, the the mold itself?????
Impact was a terrible idea. Any two materials you use will result in one having more grip than the other, making the driver constantly gain and lose its grip on the stadium, speeding up and slowing down all the while. Plastic and rubber, metal and rubber, it's all fails the same way as it skids along flipping between two different materials with reckless abandon. Even if it was all one material, you'd be better off copying the designs of Right Flat and Left Flat than Impact's more sloped and bouncy edges.

I'd honestly expecting something with metal in the driver though. Maybe a Right Metal Flat type driver? Would that even be good?
What about a POM flat? Xcaliber has been losing grip going from full rubber tip to half and half to metal.

Would a POM flat even work?
POM flat would have less grip than Accel, and would be weaker entirely at the same diameter. If you compensate and make it wider, then it'll run into issues of having no grip and a high top speed, becoming incredibly fast and being impossible to control, essentially a weaker αssault.

Xcaliber as a general rule needs to hit hard and fast, something which Iron did fairly well with its sizable diameter and consistent flower pattern. A plastic or POM tip just wouldn't be able to keep up.
What about a Xtreme-like tip with a magnum-shaped disk? the Xcalibur line was always kinda focused in lining up the layer and the disc...Lining up the layer,disc AND driver would be a nice evolution to it :p
If there is a new Disc, and there might be, I'd expect something more like 1 that's designed to line up with just the sword point. A heavier 1 might be interesting to see.

A new Xtreme might be interesting, as long as it could be controlled.
(Jul. 01, 2018  9:40 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: If there is a new Disc, and there might be, I'd expect something more like 1 that's designed to line up with just the sword point. A heavier 1 might be interesting to see.

A new Xtreme might be interesting, as long as it could be controlled.
I would not be surprised if it used jolt
Well, it's a starter, so it'll include two brand new parts asides from the Layer. The precedent has already been set really;

(May. 02, 2018  7:55 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: The lack of Frames in general is a little jarring really.

Like, generally TT sticks to this;
  • Starters include a new Layer and two other new parts.
  • Boosters include a new Layer and one other new part.
  • If a new Disk is included in a release, it will not have a Frame (Blast Jinnius defied this one).
  • Initial starters/boosters at the beginning of a system are normally exempt from these guidelines.

Just very weird to see lack of focus on any Frames, outside of Reach really. It's almost as if they're trying to phase them out? Or they're simply running out of ideas?

Even since that post, TT hasn't defied this formula at all. I'd say it's a safe bet that this'll have a new Driver entirely and not reuse Jolt. Giving us R2F instead of the LRF that Jolt is based on isn't off the cards though...
A metal flat surrounded by rubber could be cool. It'd hit the ridge and speed up
(Jul. 02, 2018  4:42 AM)K1D Wrote: A metal flat surrounded by rubber could be cool. It'd hit the ridge and speed up

that's How we imagine Unltimate Unite
I still don't see how R2F/LRF is faster than regular RF. Solid shape = more stadium contact = more friction = more acceleration?

What I'd like to see is a wide rubber flat/rubber assault driver. nothing as big and crazy as variable, but bigger than Xtreme/Jolt
bx could have gone with a fully metal sword and for a new driver it could be like a new extreme like how jolt was an upgrade of spiral.
(Jul. 01, 2018  1:00 PM)CrazyAries Wrote:

Sooo .... it's a bad idea?
(Jul. 02, 2018  12:47 PM)team CYAN Wrote:
(Jul. 01, 2018  1:00 PM)CrazyAries Wrote: I think Variable is similar to the Giga Flat when all its spikes are worn out.

Sooo .... it's a bad idea?

Not really, it could be a Tornado Staller if used correctly but the reason that Variable is bad is that it's kind of rubber so it won't even do what people use GFs for.
(Jul. 02, 2018  12:57 PM)ThePheonix Wrote:
(Jul. 02, 2018  12:47 PM)team CYAN Wrote: Sooo .... it's a bad idea?

Not really, it could be a Tornado Staller if used correctly but the reason that Variable is bad is that it's kind of rubber so it won't even do what people use GFs for.

If the driver was plastic like the GF tip back at the MF/ZG era?
You know.... the more i look at it, i feel like it won't have one major contact point but two. The top looks identical to the bottom where the sword ends
(Jul. 03, 2018  1:28 AM)team CYAN Wrote:
(Jul. 02, 2018  12:57 PM)ThePheonix Wrote: Not really, it could be a Tornado Staller if used correctly but the reason that Variable is bad is that it's kind of rubber so it won't even do what people use GFs for.

If the driver was plastic like the GF tip back at the MF/ZG era?

That’d be sweet for TornadoStalling. And maybe packing a punch or two...
(Jul. 03, 2018  7:41 AM)ThePheonix Wrote:
(Jul. 03, 2018  1:28 AM)team CYAN Wrote: If the driver was plastic like the GF tip back at the MF/ZG era?

That’d be sweet for TornadoStalling. And maybe packing a punch or two...

Imma be blunt, i need some insight on those terms like Stationary atk, Mobile atk, Tornadostall and stuff
GF is horrible for really anything. Too unstable and way too fast. it loses stamina about a little faster than volcanic (yeah.)

It would be good on Drain Fafnir for spin stealing. I always experimented with lightweight super-slow spin-steal combos as a methods for winning. Tips with large and flat bases were one of my favorites because they are harder to tilt.

dF B Gf would be decent for spin stealing I guess.