[Product]  B-120 Starter Buster Xcalibur 1' Sword

well,the text in the side,wich generally tells what the gimmick is (in the teaser of hS,it was saying "layer with two modes!" and in the aH one,it says "metal that opens and closes!"),is just saying "the holy sword bey appears!",wich makes me think that bX won't have a gimmick...
(Jun. 30, 2018  10:11 PM)Grey Bey Wrote: well,the text in the side,wich generally tells what the gimmick is (in the teaser of hS,it was saying "layer with two modes!" and in the aH one,it says "metal that opens and closes!"),is just saying "the holy sword bey appears!",wich makes me think that bX won't have a gimmick...

Good point, and it wouldn't be surprising if they focused on a more practical aspect rather than something weird and gimmicky for a starter like Xcalibur.
(Jun. 30, 2018  10:13 PM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Jun. 30, 2018  10:11 PM)Grey Bey Wrote: well,the text in the side,wich generally tells what the gimmick is (in the teaser of hS,it was saying "layer with two modes!" and in the aH one,it says "metal that opens and closes!"),is just saying "the holy sword bey appears!",wich makes me think that bX won't have a gimmick...

Good point, and it wouldn't be surprising if they focused on a more practical aspect rather than something weird and gimmicky for a starter like Xcalibur.

Wow I did not know there was a teaser for it
(Jun. 30, 2018  9:51 PM)bigdaddyjoe Wrote: [Image: 2rnvol5.png]
B-120 is officially confirmed to be Buster Xcalibur

i just noticed, maybe the gimmick is that:
sieg xcalibur - the metal sword is not really one connected piece of metal because there is god chip in the middle, its just two separated metal pieces
whereas
buster xcalibur - since there is no more god chips in the middle, the metal sword is now one long metal piece, giving it more greater spin & attack power?
aside from that, can't see other any gimmick, other that it look like it still has a painted plastic blade that going to come off when you use it in battle
(Jun. 30, 2018  11:54 PM)beysze Wrote:

sieg xcalibur - the metal sword is not really one connected piece of metal because there is god chip in the middle, its just two separated metal pieces
whereas
buster xcalibur - since there is no more god chips in the middle, the metal sword is now one long metal piece, giving it more greater spin & attack power?
aside from that, can't see other any gimmick, other that it look like it still has a painted plastic blade that going to come off when you use it in battle

Do you see the black markings on the sword? I think those aren't markings, but rather gaps. Some people have mentioned that this thing resembles Z2, so it might have metal balls in the swords!

(Jun. 30, 2018  10:10 PM)Jinbee Wrote: Well except for Xeno Xcalibur, and I don't count Magnum. Sieg Xcalibur and Xcalibur definitely.
Xeno Xcalibur is the first layer to consist of more than two parts. The blue, the red, and the sword in the case of the normal coloration
(Jul. 01, 2018  12:07 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
whereas

Do you see the black markings on the sword? I think those aren't markings, but rather gaps. Some people have mentioned that this thing resembles Z2, so it might have metal balls in the swords!

(Jun. 30, 2018  10:10 PM)Jinbee Wrote: Well except for Xeno Xcalibur, and I don't count Magnum. Sieg Xcalibur and Xcalibur definitely.
Xeno Xcalibur is the first layer to consist of more than two parts. The blue, the red, and the sword in the case of the normal coloration
(Jul. 01, 2018  12:07 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
whereas

Technically, Zillion Zeus and Longinus comes with more than two parts too, not counting screws of course.
i hope you're wrong on the metal balls because i'am still holding out hope that zac and galaxy zeus makes an appearance on the super-z anime, can't have another bey steal galaxy zeus' gimmick when it makes it anime debut
(Jul. 01, 2018  12:29 AM)beysze Wrote: i hope you're wrong on the metal balls because i'am still holding out hope that zac and galaxy zeus makes an appearance on the super-z anime, can't have another bey steal galaxy zeus' gimmick when it makes it anime debut

It'll likely not be the metal ball gimmick idea, I'm thinking the black parts of the sword are stickers.
(Jul. 01, 2018  12:24 AM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Jul. 01, 2018  12:07 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Do you see the black markings on the sword? I think those aren't markings, but rather gaps. Some people have mentioned that this thing resembles Z2, so it might have metal balls in the swords!

Technically, Zillion Zeus and Longinus comes with more than two parts too, not counting screws of course.
I'm pretty sure Xcalibur came way before they did
(Jul. 01, 2018  12:31 AM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Jul. 01, 2018  12:29 AM)beysze Wrote: i hope you're wrong on the metal balls because i'am still holding out hope that zac and galaxy zeus makes an appearance on the super-z anime, can't have another bey steal galaxy zeus' gimmick when it makes it anime debut

It'll likely not be the metal ball gimmick idea, I'm thinking the black parts of the sword are stickers.

If you look closely, they actually have depth and a small valley leading to it
(Jul. 01, 2018  12:34 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Jul. 01, 2018  12:24 AM)Jinbee Wrote: Technically, Zillion Zeus and Longinus comes with more than two parts too, not counting screws of course.
I'm pretty sure Xcalibur came way before they did

But Xeno Xcaliburs layer doesn't indicate anything for the God series, it's not as if it has an actual god ability, whereas Longinus comes closer to being that.

As for the black stickers situation, I'm not seeing the depth on it.

whereas

Yeah that doesn't tell me anything. The darker grey line around the black sticker could easily just be the details of the sword sticking out. Notice how the side of the metal blade elevates up gradually more and more?
I bet the hole for a level chip (like one could balance a chouzetsu Xcaliber.) Being the pummel of the sword.
just wanted to elaborate a little more:
since the buster xcalibur look like have one long connected piece of metal, that the way it spins more its much more powerful, kinda like a normal electric fan versus a heavy duty electric fan
a normal fan' blade has a plastic center that holds plastic blades together (just imagine a fan with a plastic center with metal blades, my analogy here is sieg xcalibur's sword is not one combined metal piece because it is seperated by a god chip in the middle whereas,
a heavy duty fan, basically those big ones that have a metal center & metal blade & they all molded together & much more stronger than normal ones (buster xcalibur has one combined piece of metal in the center, no more god chip in the middle)
i think that the gist of what i'am thinking buster xcalibur's gimmick is going to be, probably others in this communitywho know a lot more of beyblade physics can probably explain this better than i do
(Jul. 01, 2018  1:04 AM)beysze Wrote: just wanted to elaborate a little more:
since the buster xcalibur look like have one long connected piece of metal, that the way it spins more its much more powerful, kinda like a normal electric fan versus a heavy duty electric fan
a normal fan' blade has a plastic center that holds plastic blades together (just imagine a fan with a plastic center with metal blades, my analogy here is sieg xcalibur's sword is not one combined metal piece because it is seperated by a god chip in the middle whereas,
a heavy duty fan, basically those big ones that have a metal center & metal blade & they all molded together & much more stronger than normal ones (buster xcalibur has one combined piece of metal in the center, no more god chip in the middle)
i think that the gist of what i'am thinking buster xcalibur's gimmick is going to be, probably others in this communitywho know a lot more of beyblade physics can probably explain this better than i do
ok,I got it,but this isn't exactly a Gimmick
yeah, you maybe right, TT might give this bey a new gimmick, but i just wanted to highlight the difference between sX & bX' metal swords, one separated, the other combined might just give bX a little more physical power than sX (i think...)
Now I am hyped for the new sword launcher ⚔️ ?
WHY does this beyblade looks like it has TWO SWORDS ( one thick/long sword and another thin/small sword )
Looks pretty good from what I say, even as similar as it is to Sieg. More of note, there's now a big bump at the very top of the blade. Maybe the grip of the sword is now a contact instead of ending short and leaving a valley at the top?

Saying it now: the metal ball idea is a joke. That's exclusively a defensive gimmick on what is clearly an Attack layer. The two don't coincide on a basic level, and that's even before I took a closer look at it and failed to see anything that might indicate a gap there. I'm about 99% sure that's just a sticker or painted decal, not a hole.

The idea of the LC diamond being a gem in the crossguard is an interesting and plausible idea, since there's been a diamond-shaped gem there in every other Xcaliber bey so why not incorporate it into the design?

I do have to wonder if an LC will actually balance it out, or if it'll still be unbalanced like the other Xcalibers but to a lesser degree. Only time will tell of LCs help Buster Xcaliber out very much or not too. Could be a tradeoff of attack power for burst resistance and Stamina, but it's just theorizing at this point until we know more.

As to the people bickering above worrying that Buster Xcaliber being lopsided will be a big issue: it won't be. Stamina for an Attack type that's likely probably just going to be used on Xtreme isn't really a consideration as long as it can score consistent bursts or knockouts against the meta. As a general rule, Attack is the type that just doesn't care about its own longevity as much as beating down opponents and ending them quickly, and being lopsided helped out Xeno Xcaliber and Sieg Xcaliber greatly.

Overall, hoping that Buster Xcaliber doesn't have any complicated gimmicks. It just doesn't need it, and I fear any gimmicks on it will only hinder its performance. As a wise man once said, "Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away", so why add a bunch of clutter to a solid design?

(Jul. 01, 2018  5:09 AM)GOD CHIPS Wrote: WHY does this beyblade looks like it has TWO SWORDS ( one thick/long sword and another thin/small sword )

Because it's got a prominent fuller. The fuller is that long groove or set of grooves cut along most of the sword blade, often thought to be a channel for blood to flow but really just being a way to lighten the blade while keeping it strong, like a modern steel I-beam if it was actually a sword.
Just imagine the driver being a metal version of Impact or being r2F