[Product]  B-117 Starter Revive Phoenix 10 Friction

(Jun. 23, 2018  6:55 AM)Suhasini Wrote: 10 is 24 grams!? Awesome! Wondering which will be better... 0 or 10..

I think 0 should have it's stand... Also, this one appears to be heavy but as we said earlier, the Red one has the 10 hollow... So we don't know yet...
from what I saw phoenix is very powerful ....
(Jun. 23, 2018  9:53 AM)ThePheonix Wrote:
(Jun. 23, 2018  6:55 AM)Suhasini Wrote: 10 is 24 grams!? Awesome! Wondering which will be better... 0 or 10..

I think 0 should have it's stand... Also, this one appears to be heavy but as we said earlier, the Red one has the 10 hollow... So we don't know yet...

Takara Tomy already proved that the Disc is the same between the two versions of rP. The more pointier version does not exist.
(Mar. 25, 2018  3:38 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: July New here introduces "Supreme Gimmicks" or "Superior Gimmicks" or whatever we end up calling it.

(Mar. 25, 2018  1:21 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Alright, image! Mystery bey, I dub thee temporarily "July New" in English!

[Image: TPBMumc.png]

The interesting thing to note is that it's called a "超絶ギミック", or "Chouzetsu Gimmick" instead of "ChouZ Gimmick". This is 超絶, not 超Z being used, so they're going with the literal meaning of transcendence, excellence, superiority, etc.

I wanted to show this in English as best as possible, and I think "Superior" or "Supreme" would fit the bill. But I thought "Superior" better conveyed the "above gods" aspect that I think the phrase is trying to put out, as it's supposed to be better than the God Layer System, right?

I imagine these might end up just getting called "Super Gimmicks" or "Super Z Gimmicks", but I figured I'd try to keep the meaning intact as best as I could.

(Also, if it's not already known, you can write "Chou" as "Chō", which some may simplify to "Cho". If you're wondering about the spelling that's going around.)

I am not sure if the "Not Actual" is referring to just giving a temporary name, or if everything here is temporary. I guess it can go either way, we'll have to see. I'm not fluent in Japanese or familiar with how companies there usually go about these sorts of things.

Below is Google Translate's take, and that's the end of my notes.

That shadow kinda looks like wyvern
(Jun. 24, 2018  4:08 AM)bladekid Wrote: That shadow kinda looks like wyvern

You're about 15 pages behind. To explain, that was a filler image from before it was actually revealed. Now it seems like a few people have gotten the "Silver Wing" version, which you can see a few posts above. The main release will be a bright red, although there will also be a golden version as well.
(Jun. 24, 2018  5:08 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2018  4:08 AM)bladekid Wrote: That shadow kinda looks like wyvern

You're about 15 pages behind. To explain, that was a filler image from before it was actually revealed. Now it seems like a few people have gotten the "Silver Wing" version, which you can see a few posts above. The main release will be a bright red, although there will also be a golden version as well.
Was that revive pheonix?
(Jun. 24, 2018  5:17 AM)bladekid Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2018  5:08 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: You're about 15 pages behind. To explain, that was a filler image from before it was actually revealed. Now it seems like a few people have gotten the "Silver Wing" version, which you can see a few posts above. The main release will be a bright red, although there will also be a golden version as well.
Was that revive pheonix?

That silhouette was of Hell Salamander
(Jun. 24, 2018  5:19 AM)BeyCrafter Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2018  5:17 AM)bladekid Wrote: Was that revive pheonix?

Oh ok, that makes sense.
(Jun. 24, 2018  5:19 AM)BeyCrafter Wrote:
(Jun. 24, 2018  5:17 AM)bladekid Wrote: Was that revive pheonix?

No it's not. hS is a left spin bey... And the design is the exact reverse.
Oh, I don't know then
(Jun. 24, 2018  5:59 AM)BeyCrafter Wrote: Oh, I don't know then

My guess is they used tW as a template silhouette to represent a beyblade...
Regardless of what Beyblade it was in the shadow, it was just meant to be mysterious/misleading filler for Revive Phoenix. But now we actually know what it looks like and what the gimmick does, we're just waiting for it to be released for further details.

@[bladekid], you might want to check these out:

CoroCoro from last month (Click to View)

New video (Click to View)
(Jun. 24, 2018  7:08 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Regardless of what Beyblade it was in the shadow, it was just meant to be mysterious/misleading filler for Revive Phoenix. But now we actually know what it looks like and what the gimmick does, we're just waiting for it to be released for further details.

@[bladekid], you might want to check these out:

CoroCoro from last month (Click to View)

New video (Click to View)

I've seen the video before, but thanks for the pictures.
Anyone found the png of Phi (The Owner of Revive Phoenix) and Lavant (Owner of Vise Leopard) their PNGS? They are available in beyblade.jp but somehow I can't download them.
(Jun. 25, 2018  4:16 PM)Legend Red Eye Wrote: Anyone found the png of Phi (The Owner of Revive Phoenix) and Lavant (Owner of Vise Leopard) their PNGS? They are available in beyblade.jp but somehow I can't download them.

These images? With Phi and Laban on the background? They're JPGs though: https://imgur.com/a/jcsqZDo

No transparent PNG images that I see, unless I'm missing something.
(Jun. 25, 2018  4:26 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2018  4:16 PM)Legend Red Eye Wrote: Anyone found the png of Phi (The Owner of Revive Phoenix) and Lavant (Owner of Vise Leopard) their PNGS? They are available in beyblade.jp but somehow I can't download them.

These images? With Phi and Laban on the background? They're JPGs though: https://imgur.com/a/jcsqZDo

No transparent PNG images that I see, unless I'm missing something.

Thanks anyways bro, it's the matter of time.

the PNGs will probably appear in the Tv Tokyo website when their beys appear in the anime
(Jun. 23, 2018  3:14 AM)ayggdrasilgy Wrote:

Thanks to marutii 
An 10 is same as heavy as zero finally a heavy chouzetsu disk

Buuuuut is regular Revive Phoenix's 10 in the same boat? Probably not, I'm thinking. Can't wait to see a comparison!

Silver version's 10 looks much bulkier (Click to View)
The old design of 10 is likely just a prototype that made it unusually far along in the development stages, and they didn't feel like retaking the promo pictures when they did decide to change it. Though since the Silver Wing version has the final version of 10 for it's promo pic, they must not have realized they could just use the same pic for both, haha.

I doubt the hollowed-out version of 10 will be released. (which it a bit of a shame i feel, since the prototype looked a lot better, but thats just how it be sometimes lol)
(Jun. 25, 2018  9:29 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: The old design of 10 is likely just a prototype that made it unusually far along in the development stages, and they didn't feel like retaking the promo pictures when they did decide to change it. Though since the Silver Wing version has the final version of 10 for it's promo pic, they must not have realized they could just use the same pic for both, haha.

I doubt the hollowed-out version of 10 will be released. (which it a bit of a shamr i feel, since the prototype looked a lot better, but thats just how it be sometimes lol)

Thanks for pointing that out! I rewatched the WBBA video, and I must've just skipped seeing 10 there or something. You're right, it's the same as Silver Wing's.

I'm thinking they changed it more last minute then. Last month's CoroCoro has the hollowed-out version. They have only been doing really light discs for Cho-Z, sans Emperor Forneus having 0. Maybe they realized that was a goof on their part.
(Jun. 25, 2018  9:43 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I'm thinking they changed it more last minute then. Last month's CoroCoro has the hollowed-out version. They have only been doing really light discs for Cho-Z, sans Emperor Forneus having 0. Maybe they realized that was a goof on their part.

If it was a last minute change, I'm thankful for that. I'm really hoping they realized these light discs have offered nothing thus far (except for 12's destructive properties...). It's about time we got a disc to hopefully match 0 and 7 and provide us with more viable options. 

I'd love to know what 10 can do beyond substantial weight and if it can rival 0's usefulness. I won't be able to ship my Silver Wing rP until next Monday, so here's hoping others get theirs in the meantime for some quicker initial feedback.
My guess is that 0 will still reign supreme for Defense due to its solid central weight distribution, but I can't help but wonder if 10 might have better Stamina with so much metal towards the outside. 7 might have a rival here for Stamina, but even then 7 isn't just going to disappear either. The slight weight reduction of 7 still helps with burst resistance after all.

Best case, 10 becomes the go-to Stamina disk and makes 7 a still useful backup that trades a little defense potential for a little more burst resistance. Worst case, 10 finds itself slightly outclassed by 0's circular weight distribution but still finds use as an alternative disk. Overall, I'm guessing that it'll land somewhere in the middle, with slightly less Stamina and slightly more Defense than 7 and more Stamina but slightly less Defense than 0, but that's just a guess from looking at the design.

At least we're not getting the cruddy hollow version, that's for sure.
rp's gimmick completely nerfs the beyblade. Sorry to quote super beyblade family, but when they got stock rP (which actually seems competitive in of itself,) the fake burse threw the beyblade into a stadium out pocket. I fear this can be a common occurrence.
(Jun. 28, 2018  3:34 PM)Siⱺn Wrote: rp's gimmick completely nerfs the beyblade. Sorry to quote super beyblade family, but when they got stock rP (which actually seems competitive in of itself,) the fake burse threw the beyblade into a stadium out pocket. I fear this can be  a common occurrence.

Dug up the video to see for myself. I believe you're referring to the 11:19 part? No, I wouldn't say it threw it into the pocket, as it hit the wall, shed the armor, and then flew back into Z Achilles, and then it went out. So no, it wasn't the armor came off and it went right out of pocket.

Unless I'm missing something? I skipped through the video to watch and see what happened. All other times, rP faired well that I saw.

But the gimmick is a risky move in its idea, because the armor can ricochet and hit the rP bey itself. It might cause it to lose stamina or get knocked out, I don't think that's impossible. But it seems to be fairing pretty well overall.