Post Requirements on the Organizer's Quiz

(Jun. 25, 2021  12:44 AM)Kana Wrote: I do not know what 2 posts or 50 posts has anything to do with running a tournament. I simply don't have the time to sit around and talk to little boys about things that are meaningless. I am sorry I don't live in my parent's basement and have the leisure to be on the computer at anytime of the day. It's called adulting and all you should try it. I travel far distances taking my children to tournaments in the area and would like to not travel as far on some occasions. It seems the only way to do this is to run a  tournament myself. Simply put, I think my time would be used more wisely trying to figure out how to put on a tournament the best way possible instead of engaging in conversations that do not help me learn anything about putting on a tournament.

To me, the 50 posts requirement is to demonstrate interactivity in the community, which is important since a responsibility of being an organizer is to help and communicate with newer players and parents. Generalizing the community as little kids and people who live in their parent’s basement and saying that you do not care about Beyblade shows that you are the antithesis of what an organizer should be.
(Jun. 25, 2021  1:44 AM)Friedpasta Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2021  12:44 AM)Kana Wrote: I do not know what 2 posts or 50 posts has anything to do with running a tournament. I simply don't have the time to sit around and talk to little boys about things that are meaningless. I am sorry I don't live in my parent's basement and have the leisure to be on the computer at anytime of the day. It's called adulting and all you should try it. I travel far distances taking my children to tournaments in the area and would like to not travel as far on some occasions. It seems the only way to do this is to run a  tournament myself. Simply put, I think my time would be used more wisely trying to figure out how to put on a tournament the best way possible instead of engaging in conversations that do not help me learn anything about putting on a tournament.

To me, the 50 posts requirement is to demonstrate interactivity in the community, which is important since a responsibility of being an organizer is to help and communicate with newer players and parents. Generalizing the community as little kids and people who live in their parent’s basement and saying that you do not care about Beyblade shows that you are the antithesis of what an organizer should be.

^TRUE!!!!! Also, a lot of us have jobs and or kids, not just you, lady. Kana

"What do you mean I have to exert a minimum amount of effort? Waaaaaaah!"

Grow up please, you're acting even more childish than the people you are generalizing.

The post requirement is to help give staff an idea on if you’re ready to host or not. And judging by this post, you are clearly not. You are making 50 posts a huge deal, you’re not getting the point of 50 posts (despite supposedly having a degree in education), and saying that the community is little boys and basement dwellers. 

50 posts is not a marathon, and yes, it can help you figure out the best way to host and run a tournament. It’s called asking questions and discussing them with experienced people. Also it can help you build a good reputation. 

The point of 50 posts is to show that you want to be part of the community, it shows that you know your stuff, and that you’re a good person to have host tournaments for all ages.

And calling the community little boys and basement dwellers is a bad thing to do, and shows that you’re not a good person to have run a tournament. All guys, gals, and non-binary pals are here on the site, all ages. And there are no basement dwellers here, sure there might be adults, but they’re all very responsible and kind. More than you.

If you really think you’re that qualified for the organizer role, start proving it.
Let’s all try to be courteous with our posts. This is a topic worth discussing.

Once upon a time I struggled with 50 posts, and this can be more difficult than some may think. I had kids, was lecturing at 2 places, and had a full time+ Job on top of that. I wanted to make tournaments fit my family’s schedule rather than the other way around. It really wasn’t easy to come up with 50 meaningful posts. I eventually solved that problem by just loving Beyblade as much as, if not more, than my kids. However, I don’t know that all parents who want to host for their kids can/should do that. This is a legitimate and recurrent complaint that I have heard several times now.

All I am saying is let’s all work at keeping the discussion polite so that it remains a discussion.
(Jun. 25, 2021  1:19 AM)HakaishinLDrago Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2021  1:10 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote: (Just wanted to point out some of us are girls) and again it shows your dedication to WBO and how mature you are then it will let you take the test, the reason you need 50 posts is that they don't want just anyone taking the quiz they want responsible people that are dedicated to WBO and besides you also need to pass the quiz which is a challenge it's self if you don't want to become an organizer you could get some people around your neighborhood to come and hang out and if you think it's meaningless to talk about Beyblade here that's fine but still you need 50 posts to do the quiz and I don't think they're planning on changing it also the person DeseacedCrab is actually an adult (As far as I know) so I'm pretty sure he showed dedication to WBO and proved himself to become an awesome organizer and if you can't find a tournament in ur area that's why you should become an organizer but you need to prove your ready to become one and you have experience with Beyblade if you don't have any experience with beyblade then running a tournament will almost be Impossiable and if you can't get 50 posts then I'm sorry but you can't become an organizer (I did not mean any offense I was just awnsering your question) A wise person once said [font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Part of the reason there's a 50 post requirement is to see if each user that takes the Quiz is responsible and mature enough to be a good Organizer.-CircusNinja3[/font]

Hate to say it but if I were you I'd stay out of this since you don't entirely understand how this whole pre-organizer stuff works.
Hate to say it, but if I were you, I'd be a little nicer to him. He understands plenty, as he has been trying to become an organizer for a while.
(Jun. 25, 2021  3:49 AM)JCE_13 Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2021  1:19 AM)HakaishinLDrago Wrote: Hate to say it but if I were you I'd stay out of this since you don't entirely understand how this whole pre-organizer stuff works.
Hate to say it, but if I were you, I'd be a little nicer to him. He understands plenty, as he has been trying to become an organizer for a while.

Perks to having people that want u to exist Smile
(Jun. 25, 2021  2:42 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:

The post requirement is to help give staff an idea on if you’re ready to host or not. And judging by this post, you are clearly not. You are making 50 posts a huge deal, you’re not getting the point of 50 posts (despite supposedly having a degree in education), and saying that the community is little boys and basement dwellers. 

50 posts is not a marathon, and yes, it can help you figure out the best way to host and run a tournament. It’s called asking questions and discussing them with experienced people. Also it can help you build a good reputation. 

The point of 50 posts is to show that you want to be part of the community, it shows that you know your stuff, and that you’re a good person to have host tournaments for all ages.

And calling the community little boys and basement dwellers is a bad thing to do, and shows that you’re not a good person to have run a tournament. All guys, gals, and non-binary pals are here on the site, all ages. And there are no basement dwellers here, sure there might be adults, but they’re all very responsible and kind. More than you.

If you really think you’re that qualified for the organizer role, start proving it.

dang thats crazy

(Jun. 25, 2021  4:09 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2021  3:49 AM)JCE_13 Wrote: Hate to say it, but if I were you, I'd be a little nicer to him. He understands plenty, as he has been trying to become an organizer for a while.

Perks to having people that want u to exist Smile

you love to see it Grin
(Jun. 25, 2021  4:13 AM)BladeKingX Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2021  2:42 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: The post requirement is to help give staff an idea on if you’re ready to host or not. And judging by this post, you are clearly not. You are making 50 posts a huge deal, you’re not getting the point of 50 posts (despite supposedly having a degree in education), and saying that the community is little boys and basement dwellers. 

dang thats crazy

Ikr
Well this went in directions. Kana, here's an idea: why don't you review the organizer and tournament guidelines I linked earlier in the thread, and when you have questions, ask them in appropriate threads. That is a reasonable path to becoming a WBO tournament organizer.

Pursuing this current strategy of contumely will not lead to becoming a WBO organizer. I haven't lived in my parents basement since 16 years ago, and you don't need to make assumptions about anyone's living conditions.
(Jun. 25, 2021  1:41 AM)Vtryuga Wrote:
 I would like to make a suggestion, why don't you lend this account to your son? He has the time on his hand and can easily reach the 50 post limit target. After that you can apply for that role

"Accounts are to be used by only one person, and not shared between family members, friends or any other people. Registration is free, so there is no reason not to create a unique account for each person. You are responsible for any posts made with your account."

(Source: WBO Community Rules & Warning)

Well, It's not thing we do here
(Jun. 25, 2021  4:47 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Well this went in directions. Kana, here's an idea: why don't you review the organizer and tournament guidelines I linked earlier in the thread, and when you have questions, ask them in appropriate threads. That is a reasonable path to becoming a WBO tournament organizer.

Pursuing this current strategy of contumely will not lead to becoming a WBO organizer. I haven't lived in my parents basement since 16 years ago, and you don't need to make assumptions about anyone's living conditions.

I will do that. Thank you

I am glad there are people that have found a community of people where they can share their thoughts and passions about beyblades. My original posts was only expressing my opinion that there are different types of people that would like to host tournaments. some are less passionate about posting on a forum that does not hold interest to them. I am passionate about watching and hosting tournaments where people of all ages can get together and play a game they love to play.
(Jun. 25, 2021  12:49 PM)Kana Wrote:
(Jun. 25, 2021  4:47 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Well this went in directions. Kana, here's an idea: why don't you review the organizer and tournament guidelines I linked earlier in the thread, and when you have questions, ask them in appropriate threads. That is a reasonable path to becoming a WBO tournament organizer.

I will do that. Thank you

I am glad there are people that have found a community of people where they can share their thoughts and passions about beyblades. My original posts was only expressing my opinion that there are different types of people that would like to host tournaments. some are less passionate about posting on a forum that does not hold interest to them. I am passionate about watching and hosting tournaments where people of all ages can get together and play a game they love to play.

While I agree that this rule can be a burden on adults. It's the only feasible way in my opinion to ensure a a person's commitment to the WBO as a whole. I don't think the site can allow every newcomer to organize a tournament, as there are a lot of factors that go behind one. The main idea behind this rule is ( in my opinion) a test to see how committed a person is to the site. 

You do put up valid concerns regarding the rule, however, I don't really see a way to remove this rule and ensure the quality of the tournaments being held as there are children who use this site too.
dang i wanna become a tournament organizer hitting 50 posts should be no problem
(Jun. 25, 2021  1:16 PM)BladeKingX Wrote: dang i wanna become a tournament organizer hitting 50 posts should be no problem

Except it's clear from your posting habits that you're just spamming up a bunch of threads to hit the 50 post threshold. You realize they check for that sort of thing? Ease up on the posting, the quiz is down for repairs anyway.
(Jun. 16, 2021  4:53 AM)The Blacknight Wrote:
(Jun. 16, 2021  3:46 AM)Orbit Wrote: It’s not that hard to get 50 posts. I got it in about 3 days of entering the site without spamming or having any intent of becoming an organiser. If it’s 50 threads not posts, then that’s an entirely different story.

As long as you have the will to hold conversation on beyblade it’s easy. If you don’t, why are you on the site?
It doesn’t seem too hard. I got it in like a week, and I normally don’t post carp, and if I do, it’s in random thoughts. I’m not even old enough to be an organizer, so it surprises me the people my age and the age of some of my siblings can’t get the count without a bunch of lol’s and yea’s. I do think a lot of people are pretty overwhelmed by the unnecessary complexity of such a simple kids toy, and instead of trying to understand and grow their knowledge about the metagame, they try to apply their knowledge to a much more complicated game, leading to confusion and eventually,boredom. I e personally exposed myself gradually, with the anime, toys, YT vids, and wiki before joint the wbo so I wasn’t completely lost. I sound like a psychologist lol
Gosh, same. I was like: hey! Now I can become an organizer because I have 50 posts! But then I forgot about the age restriction and whatnot-