Poison Serpent SW145SD Article Rough Draft [100% Completed. Just needs Approval]

Quote:Face: Serpent

The Face depicts Serpens, one of the 88 constellations in space.

Clear Wheel: Serpent

Weight: 2.9g

The original release of Serpent is a translucent green. It features several notches and protrusions, representing many snakes overlapping each other.

Metal Wheel: Poison

Weight: 29.6g

Poison is surrounded by fifteen spikes. Each spike curves in a counterclockwise direction, and produces a significant amount of recoil. Unlike usual signs of recoil, Poison loses an extensive amount of Stamina from being hit, similar to the Dark Metal Wheel. Poison is relatively thin throughout, due to a raised perimeter, similar to the Flame Metal Wheel. Poison suffers from many flaws and performs badly in all aspects of Beyblade.

Track: Switch 145

Weight: 4.2g

SW145 has three wings which can be removed and "switched" to have either defensive or offensive properties. It is switched by removing the bottom and pulling the wings down. After the first few times of changing the modes, the wings may start to rattle, causing a loss in Stamina and Defense. The wings on this Track are shaped in a random pattern that is similar to the blades of a fan. Circular shapes seem to work much better for defense Tracks. When in Attack mode, the tip of the wings face counterclockwise. When in Defense mode, the tips face clockwise. Although this seems like a good concept, it performs badly in both areas and the difference in performance is negligible. The reason behind this terrible performance is that the "wings" are approximately 1 mm thick, and do not provide enough protection against low attackers, due to a considerable gap between them and the Metal Wheel. Better choices for Attack would be would be 85, 90, 100, 145, or CH120, and better choices for Defense would be, GB145, BD145, ED145, R145 or 230.

Bottom: Semi-Defense

Weight: 0.5 grams

SD is the smallest of the "Defense" series of Bottoms, and has exceptional Stamina properties. Although the name suggests it is a Defense bottom, it is oriented from the "Sharp" series of bottoms, and the little contact it has with the stadium is only useful for Stamina.
SD is not able to wobble as much as D, but SD has proven to outclass D in terms of Stamina. Compared to WD, SD is able to wobble at greater angles, and has a higher spin rate near the end of a battle. Many Bladers prefer WD though, due to added stability, slightly better spin times, and it can take hits better than SD.
Use in Stamina Customization
SD is a current top-tier Stamina Bottom, which is often used in the combo Burn Bull AD145SD. It has high spin times and is difficult for many to outspin.

Other Versions

* Burn Serpent WA130ES - Random Booster Vol. 5 Grand Ketos (Red)
* Storm Serpent T125HF - Random Booster Vol. 5 Grand Ketos (Purple)

Overall

Poison Serpent's only competitive part is SD, which can be obtained from the infinitely more useful Dark Bull H145SD. There is little to no reason to buy this Beyblade aside from collection purposes.
I don't see why you included tests.. The text sounds a bit too informal to me.. :Y
huh didnt know about the track thing anyways sounds good,though the face could use a little bit more description
Quote:Virgo DF145D vs. Virgo DF145SD

* Balance Stadium
* Alternating Shots
* Beylauncher
* 20 Battles

Results:

* Virgo DF145SD: 18 wins
* Virgo DF145D: 2 wins
* SD win percentage: 90%
off-topic, but could these old results have been skewed due to varying Virgo molds?

anyways, spell out the word 'fifteen', and your writing is awkward.
(Dec. 18, 2010  5:04 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: off-topic, but could these old results have been skewed due to varying Virgo molds?

anyways, spell out the word 'fifteen', and your writing is awkward.

I believe Kei did those testings with the same mold of Virgos.
I wonder if they're actual molds though, or just an inconsistent gradient?
(Dec. 18, 2010  7:48 PM)Jacksonian Wrote: how did sd manage to beat d?

because D has a wider surface area than SD, it goes like this: SD can't woble as much as D but has a higher spin time, but if you want to woble you want WD, dso D is merly a balance of the two therefor it is outclassed :\
Bump
Does anybody know what the Serpent constellation is called? Also, could somebody else who owns Poison Serpent possibly weigh the parts for me?
(Dec. 18, 2010  8:18 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote: Does anybody know what the Serpent constellation is called?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_constellations
(Dec. 18, 2010  8:24 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Dec. 18, 2010  8:18 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote: Does anybody know what the Serpent constellation is called?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_constellations
Well, looks like it's called "Serpens". Thanks Kai-V
article is to informal...some syntax errprs i think

its a decent start though
(Dec. 18, 2010  8:50 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: article is to informal...some syntax errprs i think

its a decent start though
Than you for the bold. What are Syntax Errors? (As you can tell I do not major in English)
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I was beaten, LOLWUT?
Anyway, I might still make mine.
(Dec. 18, 2010  10:51 PM)Wraith Wrote: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I was beaten, LOLWUT?
Anyway, I might still make mine.
Please, make yours. If all fails, we could combine our articles to make a better one. Joyful_3
don't forget to change "gimick" to gimmick. quotes aren't necessary. But either way, great job! Smile
deleed
(Dec. 22, 2010  9:57 PM)Ra Wrote: u missed spelt gimmick in the sw145 artickle

i just said that....
oops sorry
SD is a reason to buy it, but Dark Bull is a better option.
Bump

Thank you everybody for you input! Joyful_3

When I purchased this Beyblade I made sure I took pictures of it Straight out of the box. So I got that covered.
i bought dark bull days ago.it says its balance but its more like stamina. will sd have same effect on poison serpent? i hope not.XD
(Dec. 23, 2010  9:29 PM)PoisonSerpent=) Wrote: i bought dark bull days ago.it says its balance but its more like stamina. will sd have same effect on poison serpent? i hope not.XD
STAMINA... it is a stamina tip but only useful with stamina parts Tired
Anything else that could be improved? Lol.
I think you should compare yours and Wraith's draft, they are both good but someone should compare them too see which one is at par :\