[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

(Jun. 02, 2016  8:15 PM)Ultra Wrote: Anyone looking for a Bound Defenser:

http://page24.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/au...q119034147

That would be really cool to have, looks like the colors are still nice too. I find the light blue plastic doesn't age very well.
how well does the dranzer G AR perform?

also how does dark wing + dragon saucer perform?

does anyone know how the AR's of these blades perform
galeon 2
trygles 2
trygator
killer eagle
death gargoyle
rock bisons AR
(Jun. 05, 2016  3:23 PM)NEET no Kami Wrote: how well does the dranzer G AR perform?

also how does dark wing + dragon saucer perform?

does anyone know how the AR's of these blades perform
galeon 2
trygles 2
trygator
killer eagle
death gargoyle
rock bisons AR

Trygle 2's is largely innefective because it's spikes don't protrude past the BB enough to have any decent smash and it has immense recoil. It has the same problem as Orca Diver, but worse because of the recoil. It's also pretty light IIRC.
Wing Survivor (Dranzer G) is kind of lame. Some smash, no left zombie potential. In some ways a downgrade from Flame Wing.
I don't think Dark Wing is any better for zombie AR than the cheaper alternative of War Lion. Plus that would be abysmal in right gear.
Rock Bisons is just mediocre multi direction smash. Nothing great, recoily. Lame.
My turn to answer a couple. Lol. Trygator and Galeon 2 are both decently shaped, but too small to deliver the blows needed to be effective. Death Gargoyleseemed ok, nothing that great. Killer Eagle has too many stickers to knock off. Lol. I need a junk one ti beat on, but i cant see it being that great at anything. Maybe at deflecting? Like Wyvern? Can't see it being Twin Saucer caliber tho either way
how well does mirage goddess (venus AR) work as a defensive zombie AR?
It's not on the tier list under that section for Defensive Zombies so I assume not as well as the things listed there.
Stupid question: Is it legal to use beyblades without the Blade Base attached?
Not so stupid question: In general, is it better to wind up the engine gears or leave them as is?
(Jun. 07, 2016  11:19 PM)earthwolf1404 Wrote: Stupid question: Is it legal to use beyblades without the Blade Base attached?
Not so stupid question: In general, is it better to wind up the engine gears or leave them as is?

You need the blade base.

I personally don't, not even on Circle Survivor.
(Jun. 07, 2016  10:24 PM)NEET no Kami Wrote: how well does mirage goddess (venus AR) work as a defensive zombie AR?

It doesn't look like it had any potential, other than some mediocre smash attack.

(Jun. 07, 2016  11:26 PM)Shirayuki Wrote:
(Jun. 07, 2016  11:19 PM)earthwolf1404 Wrote: Stupid question: Is it legal to use beyblades without the Blade Base attached?

You need the blade base.

I personally don't, not even on Circle Survivor.

As do I, for Circle Survivor.
Even if I only had an EG Top, I probably wouldn't use that feature in a tournament. It's gimmicky, and probably hinders more than it helps.
Um you should be. The spinning nature helps it not hinders it... Like massively.

The argument that you don't like it because it's a gimmick is ridiculous. That gimmick is what makes it top tier. You might as well not even use it if you're not going to wind the engine gear.
Circle Survivor? I mean, it doesn't even lock in place because of the normal base. Sometimes it stays in place, but it isn't like any base with a clutch.

The other EGs are just bad comparatively to anything else..
So I have a couple questions. Why has Driger V2 gotten so cheap since I was last here...and is it still the best stock plastic?
(Jun. 09, 2016  6:32 PM)Driger_Guy Wrote: So I have a couple questions. Why has Driger V2 gotten so cheap since I was last here...and is it still the best stock plastic?

Still wouldn't say they're cheap; no where near that Dragoon G $8 range from a few years back.

Pretty much. Upper Attack. Good Endurance, chips away at most combos. Solid.
Neo, last time i was here and checked beyblades on ebay Driger V2 was $40 at cheapest, and now its around 20-30 thats cheap to me. Especially since the red one is around $30
(Jun. 09, 2016  11:09 PM)Driger_Guy Wrote: Neo, last time i was here and checked beyblades on ebay Driger V2 was $40 at cheapest, and now its around 20-30 thats cheap to me. Especially since the red one is around $30

Yeah, I remember buying mine NIB for $60 or so. It's gone down a bit I suppose.
is poseidon's AR any good for smash attack?
(Jun. 11, 2016  8:33 PM)NEET no Kami Wrote: is poseidon's AR any good for smash attack?

According to Zoroaste, it's too wide and too light to put any force in its attacks.
I heard in plastics. Zombie types used to have zero recoil [by making maximum contact with Wide Survivor WD].

So how could a bey that has no recoil points to latch can spin steal from other beys?

In MFB most of spin-equalize loose to Duo/Death as they have no recoil points to latch on to spin-steal.

so how it's differ in PLA?

I will really appreciate replys
(Jun. 11, 2016  9:20 PM)FIREFIRE Wrote: I heard in plastics. Zombie types used to have zero recoil [by making maximum contact with Wide Survivor WD].

So how could a bey that has no recoil points to latch can spin steal from other beys?

In MFB most of spin-equalize loose to Duo/Death as they have no recoil points to latch on to spin-steal.

Plastic zombies have contact points, but try to keep recoil at a MINIMUM. Thats why parts like Dragon saucer are used.
is it worth buying killer eagle?

how much does a killer eagle cost; new and used?
(Jun. 11, 2016  10:19 PM)Shirayuki Wrote:
(Jun. 11, 2016  9:20 PM)FIREFIRE Wrote: I heard in plastics. Zombie types used to have zero recoil [by making maximum contact with Wide Survivor WD].
Plastic zombies have contact points, but try to keep recoil at a MINIMUM. Thats why parts like Dragon saucer are used.

To be clear, the best grip for spin stealing in any generation is acquired when you have high friction and high contact time. For friction, rubber is the best material, followed by plastic and then metal. However, surface area also produces friction and contact points increase surface area.

Contact points, however, produce recoil, which reduces contact time. This may seem odd because beyblades rarely make contact for more than a fraction of a second anyway but, by reducing recoil you can both increase the size of this fraction of a second and reduce the time between contacts.

Producing the ultimate spin stealer requires careful balance of these two factors and, because MFB generally uses metal contact points, parts lacking friction is far more of a concern than it is for plastics.
(Jun. 11, 2016  10:45 PM)NEET no Kami Wrote: is it worth buying killer eagle?

how much does a killer eagle cost; new and used?

Pretty sure it's just an outclassed AR.
considering most defense combo's are left spin would it be better to:
use a right spin attack combo
use a left spin attack combo

example
defense combo
AR-Twin horn
WD-wide defense
SG-left sg+bearing version 2
BB-defense grip base 2

right
attack combo