Plastics General Discussion

Turns out bad molding isn't limited to sonokong. I bought two takara Wolborg IV's, one for a tourney prize for broken ripcord cup (which is basically not going to happen sadly), and one for myself to replace my current EG which is making some bad noises.

I opened them up to make sure everything was intact (Don't want to give out broken beys as prizes, and I assume this is standard practice right?) and I noticed one of the wolborg AR's had a messed up paintjob, looked like the spraypaint hadn't been shaken properly and therefore the distribution of silver pigment wasn't even or whatever, dark outlines on the inside of details, and both had a rather messy underside. Being a rather moral chap, I took that one and left the good one for the prize.

Then I went to put mine together, lamenting that I'd managed to scratch my other two mint wolborg 4 AR's and therefore had no perfect ones for display (seeing as I was going to throw a spare EG in one and use the mint other parts of my new one for display or as backup). Went to put on the CEW part and... It didn't fit.

It did not go on. I tried another CEW part, it went on half way with some force. I tried the new CEW part on another Circle Survive EG, it was a little tight but it went on without much trouble.

I managed to push the new EG and CEW together, as soon as I removed my fingers the CEW popped right back off. I managed to get the clip on but I know it'd be a disassembly risk, seeing as the clip design Wolborg 4 and co use isn't a particularly reliable one.

Also, it takes a lot of effort to get the base clip to sit down with the engine gear in, an issue I had with my sonokong draciel G.

Obviously, I own two other takara wolborgs that are fine but yeah. It's annoying, because I was hoping to sell the second one if the tournament didn't happen to recoup the money I spent on them and hopefully give someone in Perth the ability to buy their first plastic or whatever (and wolborg 4 is cheap to customize into a highly competitive combo so it'd be nice for having good competition at any possible future tourneys), though I guess I still have Driger G and Dragoon G to sell and I can leave this new, faulty EG one the display wolborg 4, but really I'd rather have the money, a proper fitting engine gear, and not have five bloody star wolf AR's (or maybe six, I may have another lying around somewhere). Uncertain I mean, I guess I could have someone give it to me as a birthday present, but that's still $10 out of that budget, haha.

I could also replace the prongs with those from my broken hasbro wolborg 4 eg but doing that runs a big risk of ruining the engine gear entirely.
Guess this is interesting enough to warrant a new post:
I was looking through my spin up guide book and noticed that it calls "Blizzard Orthrus" "ORuToRoSu" (absolutely sure those are the Katakana characters).
Both in the beyblade list and the section on it. The writing on the bit chip looks like it only has ORuToRoSu on it, from the length, too.
I hoenstly think at this point the name might be Orthros.

I guess we will find out for sure once I get mine, haha.
If it was Orthrus, it would be pronounced the same way though, in Japanese. It is not an indicator.
Yes, well the main thing is the lack of the Blizzard prefix, haha.

I wish there was some way to know for sure which is intended (if there is even a possibility of "intention" there).
Where does "Blizzard" comes from otherwise ?
The AR Stickers say "Blizzard", I guess. I mean perhaps they messed it up in the Guide Book, they didn't translate Ariel at all, but yeah.
(Mar. 13, 2012  12:05 PM)th!nk Wrote: Okay, here's the image of
Extremely Poorly Hidden Spirit Bakuten Dragon Zeo (Click to View)
Top to bottom: AR, WD, BB, Legs, Body, Arms.

I can do up full instructions with pictures if anyone wants (it's no trouble, just that dinner is soon so yeah), of this setup. Might just add pics to this later, haha.
Basically,
1. Remove the legs and arms, flip all the claws over on the arms twist the hands around 180 degrees, and connect them to each other.

2. Take the legs fold the claws up awkwardly, push the little sticks into the holes on the base. I think it fits on both ways but IDK. The claws fall off pretty easy though.
3.Fold the tail up so it becomes a spine.
4. Fold the body into a circle (all the sections rotate), attach it to the bottom of the legs on the base.
5. Then attach the arm part you made earlier to the bottom of that.
6. ????
7. PROFIT! With a big ugly tower thing.

The hasbro ones go on the AR, IIRC. Or at least some of them do, I actually dunno about the original hayate/raiden/zinrai, the box images don't have poles on the AR, but yeah idk whatever.

Interesting thing: The "chest gem" or missile or whatever that is on the chest of the figure is actual the tail-tip and BB tip of Hayate and co. It serves absolutely no use to Zeo so IDK why it was included, it doesn't even fit in well.

I'll take a photo of the instructions soon to show you how little space is given to the assembly part of this thing that has like 50 tiny parts.
As for Gigars, well, as I said, I think people already know how it works, the EG is just a rehash of driger f's gimmick which was never that useful, the useful part was the shaft, not the base. With First Clutch/No Clutch it spins freely but with too much friction to be useful (definitely no shielded ball bearings in this SG, metal or plastic if anything), and with Final Clutch it's like Driger F's gimmick, fixed in place at high rpm and free spinning at low RPM.
The AR might have some Force Smash but that's pretty much useless in plastics, the contact points aren't exposed enough and the slopes are too short. It also looks dumb with the slopes all facing the same way. Metal Change CEW is nice enough but there's nothing to use it on, EG stuff is too tall and all horrible. The base for some reason reminds me of gravity perseus, if I were going to make a plastic homage to it, I'd use this base, but yeah.

Also, my tornado attack set rocked up half an hour ago (1.5hrs after post is supposed to stop lol). Still no HMS though. Hopefully will be making the reinforced stadium thing tomorrow tho.

I like your "Extremely Poorly Hidden Spirit Bakuten Dragon Zeo" joke!
Are you SURE you don't want to sell your Gigars? To me, he kinda seems like a mash-up of ALL of Driger's gimmics (metal change, full auto clutch,etc.) and that makes me want to get him more cause I am a BIG Driger fan!
(Driger and Wolborg are my favorite plastic/HMS beys)
I'm glad someone found it funny Smile
Nah, I'll be keeping it, especially as we don't have an article on it yet, and also because I want to complete my GT collection eventually (just a turbo left EG and Light Sharp CEW away).

They aren't *too* hard to come accross usually, though.
(Mar. 12, 2012  5:09 AM)th!nk Wrote: One of the few upsides of getting the gold driger s I was hoping for a refund for was this absolute GEM of an advertisement for Metal Change on the box: Yes, this is supposed to make people WANT Driger S:

[Image: drigerscropps.png]

Sonokong's half-assed attitude towards plastics is always hilarious.

(added to watch list on ebay)
BTW, does it show Driger S LOOSING??? Is that the half-assed attitude?
(presses buy it now)
I'm starting to like Plastic beyblades, I might really get myself pretty soon.

(Aug. 02, 2012  6:40 AM)UltimateFantasy Wrote:
(Mar. 12, 2012  5:09 AM)th!nk Wrote: One of the few upsides of getting the gold driger s I was hoping for a refund for was this absolute GEM of an advertisement for Metal Change on the box: Yes, this is supposed to make people WANT Driger S:

[IMG removed]

(presses buy it now)

They didn't even bother to show their version of the tip on the box (i.e. the sucky version). yet they apparently remade those shots with gold beyblades and everything... I really don't understand toy companies.

(Aug. 02, 2012  7:20 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Aug. 02, 2012  6:40 AM)UltimateFantasy Wrote:

[IMG removed]

(presses buy it now)

They didn't even bother to show their version of the tip on the box (i.e. the sucky version). yet they apparently remade those shots with gold beyblades and everything... I really don't understand toy companies.

Oh... I understand now...
(buys another)
For anyone interested in why Driger V's base is called SG Metal Flat Base, I've just worked out what happened form the guide books. It looks like, originally, it was planned to have an open tip, and a shaft of metal protruding from the spin gear (similar to Dranzer V's Base, but only the shaft, and only the flat end). In fact, the next volume even has a few shots of this, and in the parts layout it's covered up poorly by the base, which is much less shaded than the rest, indicating that this was a very late change. The reason would probably be health and safety, looking at the size of that shaft. This may also explain why it was called SG Metal Flat Base despite the very obviously semi-flat tip.

And of course, hasbro then released it with a sharp tip initially, which didn't help things.
That's actually really interesting. If you could, can we see some of the pictures from the guidebooks? I'd be interested to really see what you're describing.
Yeah, sure, I'll try and get a few tonight. I really need to get around to scanning all of them fully, but now I've finally gotten over my motivational issues, I just haven't had the time!

Also, if anyone is interested (and all beywiki plastics writers should be), I've fixed beywiki's parts list to have the correct names for parts, or at least fixed all the ones that were incorrect according to the guide books (though even in those, there are some errors on the consolidated parts list in V4 lol). I've removed the three nonexistant beys and added "Ultimate Dragoon V", a black ultimate dragoon with a Magne WD, which had an official name, like the bakuten henkei gaia dragoon and such. I'll add Bakutenryuu ZEO/Avairon and Hayate etc when I get back from an appointment I wasn't aware of that I'm about to leave for, but their parts never had names, hence why I didn't add them right away.

Here's a diff that'll show the changes: http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php?...oldid=8991

Will be fixing up articles to correct names later today.
Just found another overlooked lower-tier zombie base, Voltaic Ape's customize metal sharp base uses the LAD of the plastic surrounds of its tip to outspin stuff. I was on my way to looking at it when I wrote the article but I guess I overlooked it. I'll add a combo to the article when I've done more testing but it looks to be about as good in terms of stamina as Volcano Change (roughly equal to wolborg's base+sg), maybe a little better, but obviously it's also far less versatile and has poorer defense than VCB from what I can tell (though the plastic surrounds, again, provide some defense).

Oh and I just thought I'd mention that Zombie is just a fancy way of saying Spin Stealer with Good Life After Death (as life after death is a quantity, basically the number of rotations a beyblade can make once it goes off its central line of whateveritis, not a quality (i.e. yes or no), just in case anyone was wondering. I considered suggesting we lose the term but having spoken to Zain about it, I'm convinced that as it can be explained simply, and has so much historical significance, there's no point attempting to "remove" the word, hah. This does mean you can very much have a zombie without wide defense/survivor, it'll just not be a good one because it won't steal spin well.

Aaaand here are the scans. Sorry if they're not super great quality, short of time. Also remember, it's Japanese so the reading order is right to left, not left to right.

This is from Volume 3, Driger V got barely any coverage in it, and was mostly covered in vol 4 (and then they covered both V2 and G in vol 5, lol).
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b267/A.../Vol31.jpg
As you can see there's a sillhouette of the SG with a shaft and a picture of the base with a flat metal tip at the bottom, poking through the gap in it. It's not as large as I'd like so it's hard to see but yeah.

Here's the first pages of the driger v section of volume 4
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b267/A.../Vol41.jpg
There you see the SG with the shaft in it.

And here's the other two pages:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b267/A.../Vol42.jpg
As I said, if you look at the parts list, the base is much brighter, and covers the old SG's shaft.

Again all the pictures are much larger than that, photobucket shrunk them. I'll have to find another host or upload a zip when I do the full scans.
Thanks. It looks like the shaft in the original design really resembles the design for the Driger F shaft. I guess the safety hazard would be that it's a little metal piece and can easily be swallowed by any small child or whatever (And besides, losing that piece would be a pain in the you-know-what).

I have a question on plastics, Is a dragoon galaxy worth $10?
(Aug. 10, 2012  2:34 AM)BeyBWithClass Wrote: I have a question on plastics, Is a dragoon galaxy worth $10?

This thread is the Plastics General Discussion thread. You don't discuss that topic here. Sorry if I'm coming off mean or something, but the correct place to put that question is here:
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Plastics...MS?page=84

But to answer your question, it's worth around $5-$8 in used condition, and $10-$15 new in box or mint.
(Aug. 10, 2012  2:20 AM)Sparta Wrote: Thanks. It looks like the shaft in the original design really resembles the design for the Driger F shaft. I guess the safety hazard would be that it's a little metal piece and can easily be swallowed by any small child or whatever (And besides, losing that piece would be a pain in the you-know-what).
Yes, that was my belief but then Dranzer S and Driger F both came with metal shafts that could be removed from the tip so I dunno.

Speaking of Driger F, I've been playing around with the spin stealing upper combo, and decided I prefer Upper Dragoon to Triangle Wing. Triangle Wing has more recoil and I dunno, it seems slightly better for standard left spin upper, but generally Upper Dragoon just works a whole lot better for any common application.
BUT IT LOOKS SO MUCH WORSE :C
So what? It costs like $40 more so most people who want a spin stealing upper combo probably won't mind too much using Upper Dragoon.
Yes well it's good for them but I'm talking about myself, and I love how triangle wing looks. Let a guy indulge a little would ya?

Anyway I think I accidentally found the strongest AR setup. While trying to make the heaviest combo I could (fun fact, unless you use large base clips like wyborgs, SG Metal Ball Base can at best be slightly lighter than Zeus's Base, Rock bisons EG and Wolborg 4's CEW) I managed to combine Dragon Breaker (Gaia Dragoon V's SAR) with Screw Zeus (Zeus's SAR) - the heaviest AR combo I can make. This obviously fixes screw zeus in place. I then thought to try it on my attacker... The power output is just tremendous... I may try right spin later but man, this is incredible.
Pic here, with bonus poorly cut custom stickers because I suck with scissors: http://thinkblargh.wordpress.com/2012/08/12/aww-yeah/

Also, really liking Dranzer GT's base with Wolborg 4 combos, seems to do a lot better at least against my zombie. Other bases, including draciel g's, make no noticeable difference unless like Zeus's they fix it in place (not really that bad, though, and extremely heavy as mentioned above).

Such an economical post this lol.
Is it possible to use Woborg 4's CEW with Zeus' Customise Gear, I didn't find an answer on the compatibility chart. If so, how good is it?
Shouldn't have deleted that, I'd have liked to ramble. I only got the first sentence from my email, and you asked about attaching the Circle Survivor part to Zeus's CG. It's a darned shame you can't, IMO. One of the many missed opportunities for greatness strewn accross the barren landscape that is the G and GT Series.
I had a wolborg 4 EG break a while back and took out parts and made it spin freely, and man it was amazingly good, even without bearings. I mean I can understand that maybe they didn't do it because wolborg 4 and rock bison were released before the first cew bey (flame pegasus) but a later adapted version would've been nice.

I'm also permanently annoyed that they didn't make left spin casings for zeus's CG. What I'd give for a left spin version of it with the Rock Bison EG prongs instead of the CEW ones on the shaft to have been made.

OH AND ALSO, I think we should call "wolborg 4" combos Circle Survivor Defense. Right EG (Circle Survivor) is too long and wolborg 4 combo is too innaccurate and no other part is called circle survivor so that's what I'll be calling them as long as I remember so deal with it.
Too bad, if they were compatible, it would have exellent LAD, even better Defence against Upper Attack, and great endurance. Now that I think about it, it would have also been cool if you can attack Circle Survivor to Flame Pegasus' base. All the great possibilities if they used the same dang (tried to stay away from using damn) prongs.