Phantom Discussion

BeyCenter was wrong utterly in the first place, Phantom weighs 42 Grams.

Where in the slightest peek did you find it low weight?
(Sep. 25, 2011  2:18 AM)cangjieuser Wrote:
(Sep. 24, 2011  10:21 PM)BeyCenter Wrote: Defense and Stamina...... I didn't think Orion to have any defense at all due to its weight.

Well, won't the PC core absorb some of the hits?
Didn't the tests all over the post suggests that Phantom have some defense potential?

The PC Frame is underneath the Metal Frame, hidden from any contact with the opposing Beyblade.
That is what he was referring to, underneath hits..
Exactly what I meant, if B:D is hit on an angle, the other metal wheel will edge the PC Frame..
I'm pretty sure it's too far under for that to even happen. Someone should confirm this though.
I mean something like Flame Libra, I would think though BGrin would cancel that, oh well.
(Sep. 25, 2011  2:28 AM)BeybladeStation Wrote: BeyCenter was wrong utterly in the first place, Phantom weighs 42 Grams.

Where in the slightest peek did you find it low weight?

I can confirm a weight measurement of 42.28 grams for the Phantom wheel (with PC frame)
Unless you have a bey which specifically hits close to the center from below, I doubt it will receive any direct hits (PC frame)

I dont see any real defensive traits from Phatom other than in stamina mode where the recoil points are below. Even then, with a tall track, anything which creeps below will still make contact with that.
I think due to the weight it can have some defensive abilitys.
Phantoms recoil isn't to big either , so with it's weight plus MF-H ; BD145 ; CS ; MB ( ?Maybe?) to reduce recoil I think it would give a nice Defence type wheel .
MF-L Phantom Orion BD145MB is something worth testing ..
(Sep. 25, 2011  6:05 PM)Vamasco_ Wrote: Phantoms recoil isn't to big either , so with it's weight plus MF-H ; BD145 ; CS ; MB ( ?Maybe?) to reduce recoil I think it would give a nice Defence type wheel .
MF-L Phantom Orion BD145MB is something worth testing ..
I disagree, Phantom heavily reminds me of Burn, incredible stamina but heavy on recoil. Phantom on Phantom = rare chance to find outspinning, just KOing eachother, whereas Earth on Earth, you'll see the outcome to be one outspinning the other.

IMO TT did well on Phantom, it's not overpowered in two categories, however it is heavily superior in stamina.
Since no one's really tested it for defence I think it's a little to soon to say that it's not good at defence.
i have tested it a little. it has minimal recoil so it is decent for defence. i prefer basalt but this is an good back up
(Sep. 25, 2011  6:38 PM)ControL_ Wrote: I disagree, Phantom heavily reminds me of Burn, incredible stamina but heavy on recoil. Phantom on Phantom = rare chance to find outspinning, just KOing eachother, whereas Earth on Earth, you'll see the outcome to be one outspinning the other.

IMO TT did well on Phantom, it's not overpowered in two categories, however it is heavily superior in stamina.

In that case, could I have some tests of MF-H Burn Bull GB145WD vs. MF-H Basalt Bull GB145WD?

Just to see how it compared to my earlier request with Phantom.
(Sep. 25, 2011  6:56 PM)Fury Wrote: i have tested it a little. it has minimal recoil so it is decent for defence. i prefer basalt but this is an good back up
What combo did you use to test Phantom for defence ?
(Sep. 25, 2011  7:02 PM)Dan Wrote:
(Sep. 25, 2011  6:38 PM)ControL_ Wrote: I disagree, Phantom heavily reminds me of Burn, incredible stamina but heavy on recoil. Phantom on Phantom = rare chance to find outspinning, just KOing eachother, whereas Earth on Earth, you'll see the outcome to be one outspinning the other.

In that case, could I have some tests of MF-H Burn Bull GB145WD vs. MF-H Basalt Bull GB145WD?

Just to see how it compared to my earlier request with Phantom.
Unfortunately I do not have 2 x GB145. The reason why I say this, is due to the fact that in tournaments, what I see to see continuously is Phantom on Phantom KOing eachother.

Phantom v Basalt, a huge number of KOs, which does not happen with Basalt v Earth/Libra.

Therefore it may just be another combo that does decent with BD145, which boosts Defence, but as Dan's words say to me: slapping stuff to BD145 doesn't necessarily mean that part is now a hybrid of stamina/defence.

Similar to Scythe, without BD145 it gets KOed relatively easily.
(Sep. 25, 2011  5:36 PM)Pcyborg Wrote: Unless you have a bey which specifically hits close to the center from below, I doubt it will receive any direct hits (PC frame)

I dont see any real defensive traits from Phatom other than in stamina mode where the recoil points are below. Even then, with a tall track, anything which creeps below will still make contact with that.
Then it would be good to try an LTDC..

SOmething, as perhaps even: MF-H Phantom Orion [Stamina Mode] 100RB

Actually, I could test that quite myself, I have all of those parts, my stadium is broke so my new BB-10 is coming in soon..

Control_: The request was directed at Fury since he did my original request. Getting it from the same person is best for comparative results.
I tried Phantom for Attack.

Phantom Orion S130RF VS MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145RB
Standard Procedures
Phantom Orion Win Rate – 85% (4KO, 13OS)
Basalt Kerbecs Win Rate – 15% (3KO)

This is probably because of RB's carp stamina but Phantom did get a decent win rate. Even on RF it can out spin things.
I had this planned out already:

MF-H Phantom Orion 90R2F VS. MF-H Basalt Aquario GB145CS
Phantom Orion Wins: 8
Basalt Aquario Wins: 2
KO or OS? Also, what do you mean you had this "planned out" already?
Great tests Mr. N!
Could you try out Phantom Kerbecs AD145EWD or Phantom Kerbecs BD145EDS VS L-Drago Destroy B : D please
(Oct. 02, 2011  8:07 PM)BeybladeStation Wrote: I had this planned out already:

MF-H Phantom Orion 90R2F VS. MF-H Basalt Aquario GB145CS
Phantom Orion Wins: 8
Basalt Aquario Wins: 2
This wasn't surprising after my results.

MF Phantom Horogium R145RF v MF Basalt Pegasis TH170CS (220)

Phantom wins 14 (12 KO 2 OS)
Basalt wins 6 (5 OS 1 KO)

Phantom Win percentage: 70%

CS is slightly aggro. RF is mintish/prime.

Phantom did slightly better than I expected actually. It's beastly if your RF is fast enough, I don't think a slowish RF will cut it.

-
Visually, Phantom is extremely similar to Burn, it mimics the two bumps on the sides that act as the prime contact points, but Phantom has better weight distribution around the outside.
(Oct. 02, 2011  8:31 PM)Mr. N Wrote: KO or OS? Also, what do you mean you had this "planned out" already?
I had that test done the first day I got it. I thought everyone would not appreciate it seeing we were focusing on Stamina.