Performance Tip/Driver - Reboot

Quote:Reboot is a Performance Tip released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B- Starter God Valkyrie 6Vortex Reboot on

==Description==
Reboot is a plastic flat tipped Performance Tip that features an automatic tip change gimmick, akin to Metal Fight Beyblade's Final Drive, with a round tip like a smaller Accel and an eight pointed star tip like a larger Jaggy.

Early in battle, the centripetal force of the Beyblade's spin will force two spring loaded tabs outward which will in turn force the round tip out. As the tip's diameter is smaller than Blow's, the resulting movement pattern is only mildly aggressive, having trouble reaching the Tornado Ridge, but very controllable in a Sliding Shoot.

Later in battle, the drop in centripetal force will allow the tabs to retract along with the round tip, creating contact with the wider, Jaggy style tip. In theory this tip change is meant to create a last minute burst of attack power, but in practice the low spin velocity will make poor hits and reduce stamina when it is most important.

While poor in attack potential, Reboot has potential in Staller combinations as the tip change will keep a Beyblade away from the center for longer periods of time, allowing Reboot to act as a counter against stationary combinations that rely on weak launches.

However, Reboot has a history of being "sticky" where the tips do not transition properly, sometimes the center tip stays extended for the entire battle, retracts too late into the battle or failing to extend at all. It is recommended to use Reboot heavily in order to make the mechanism action smooth.

==Overall==
Reboot suffers from slow speeds and lower than average stamina compared to other plastic flat Performance Tips, which makes this Tip outclassed by Accel and Zephyr for Attack/Stamina combinations. While Reboot can be used for Staller combinations, such usefulness is niche and Accel and Zephyr can perform comparably or better. Reboot is further hampered by the commonly "sticky" action which hampers its gimmick. As such, Reboot is recommended for collection purposes only.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-73 God Valkyrie 6Vortex Reboot (translucent blue)
  • B-00 Premium Set (translucent purple)
==Hasbro==

==Trivia==
  • Unlike in real life, the Anime's rendition of Reboot is shown to be able to switch between tips only on the Blader's command and staying on that tip throughout the entire battle.
i dont think reboot can stall.it wont reach the tornado ridge and also make contact with opponent.reboot weighs 7.7 g.its heavier than weight and atomic.
(Jul. 20, 2017  6:20 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: i dont think reboot can stall.it wont reach the tornado ridge and also make contact with opponent.reboot weighs 7.7 g.its heavier than weight and atomic.

I believe Mitsu has said it can, I could be wrong though
valkyrie heavy/4/6/7/8 cross/vorex/flow reboot sounds interesting since valkyrie aggressive designs can deliver many hits early in battle and then the aggressive movement provided by the mode change can finish the opponent.someone should test this combo
(Jul. 20, 2017  1:58 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Jul. 20, 2017  6:20 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: i dont think reboot can stall.it wont reach the tornado ridge and also make contact with opponent.reboot weighs 7.7 g.its heavier than weight and atomic.

I believe Mitsu has said it can, I could be wrong though

I'm pretty sure most of the Toranto bladers has op launch lol. Which is reason why gV works there well. They can make it at speed of accel and due to small tip and fast speed, it can deliver massive blows.

V_Rb sounds like good idea but tbh I think it wouldn't give much advantage over lets say Variable (hasbro) or Needle. It would be sort of semi-mobile
Reboot is really bad since it scrapes the stadium floor a lot, and hardly retracts until it's far too late. It's slow when retracted, incredibly imbalanced when extended, just not worth using.
is there a problem with mine it literally changes modes in 10 seconds flat
(Jul. 25, 2017  4:15 PM)Legendgod1234 Wrote: is there a problem with mine it literally changes modes in 10 seconds flat

If you ask me. Reboot works best if it changes early....

Also I hope they release a tip that's the reverse of reboot ... meaning it's aggressive at launch then as the stamina goes down it changes to a sharper tip to converse spin power ..

I think that'll be awesome. What do you all think?
(Let me know if this doesn't belong here... let me know where I should post this)
(Jul. 25, 2017  2:14 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Jul. 20, 2017  1:58 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: I believe Mitsu has said it can, I could be wrong though

I'm pretty sure most of the Toranto bladers has op launch lol. Which is reason why gV works there well. They can make it at speed of accel and due to small tip and fast speed, it can deliver massive blows.

V_Rb sounds like good idea but tbh I think it wouldn't give much advantage over lets say Variable (hasbro) or Needle. It would be sort of semi-mobile

yea thats what i thought but it can be a nice alternative maybe better than V+unite.
(Jul. 25, 2017  2:14 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:
(Jul. 20, 2017  1:58 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: I believe Mitsu has said it can, I could be wrong though

IMO I like gV's attack power, I find that gV.8.X can burst N.K.R quite often. My semi stuck Reboot is probably already messed up cause the spring compression is quite low. When I first launch Reboot in a flower pattern it goes at a slow but intimidating pace towards the middle, I find that it can deliver decently heavy blows in that time but due to the decreased friction it can get destabilized kinda easily.
(Jul. 20, 2017  12:30 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Reboot is a Performance Tip released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-73 Starter God Valkyrie 6Vortex Reboot on March 18th, 2017.

==Description==
Reboot is a plastic flat tipped Performance Tip that features an automatic tip change gimmick, akin to Metal Fight Beyblade's Final Drive, with a round tip like a smaller Accel and an eight pointed star tip like an upsized Jaggy.

Early in battle, the centripetal force of the Beyblade's spin will force two spring loaded tabs outward which will in turn force the round tip out. As the tip's diameter is smaller than Blow's, the resulting movement pattern is only mildly aggressive, having trouble reaching the Tornado Ridge. While a small diameter would imply ease of control, the height of the tip means that a Reboot becomes easily destabilized like Blow in this state

Later in battle, the drop in centripetal force will allow the tabs to retract along with the round tip, creating contact with the wider, Jaggy style tip. In theory this tip change is meant to create a last minute burst of attack power, but in practice the low spin velocity will make poor hits and reduce stamina when it is most important.

While poor in attack potential, Reboot has potential in Staller combinations as the tip change will keep a Beyblade away from the center for longer periods of time, allowing Reboot to act as a counter against stationary combinations that rely on weak launches.

However, Reboot has a history of being "sticky" where the tips do not transition properly, sometimes the center tip stays extended for the entire battle, retracts too late into the battle or failing to extend at all. It is recommended to use Reboot heavily in order to make the mechanism action smooth.

==Overall==
Reboot suffers from slow speeds and lower than average stamina compared to other plastic flat Performance Tips, which makes this Tip outclassed by Accel and Zephyr for Attack/Stamina combinations. While Reboot can be used for Staller combinations, such usefulness is niche and Accel and Zephyr can perform comparably or better. Reboot is further hampered by the commonly "sticky" action which hampers its gimmick. As such, Reboot is recommended for collection purposes only.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-73 God Valkyrie 6Vortex Reboot (translucent blue)
  • B-00 Premium Set (translucent purple)
==Hasbro==

==Trivia==
  • Unlike in real life, the Anime's rendition of Reboot is shown to be able to switch between tips on the Blader's command.

Some small edits
Maybe different molds exist? My rebbot retracts a few seconds (usually less than 5 seconds if it's alone in the stadium, if anyone is interested I can post a vid) after the launch and becomes really fast, even when launching really hard. I've had it for some time and it was never "sticky".
Article Skeleton is up. Here's the link: http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/Performance_Tip_-_Reboot
[DELETED, WRONG TOPIC]
Reboot looks like a fun gimmick but it is basically useless
I've used reboot against MG and it got it off balance some times. In my opinion reboot is a super-risky-but-if-it-works-its-op-as-hell driver
Add that the upgrade, Ultimate Reboot, works much better due to the rubber tip.
(Oct. 25, 2017  11:08 PM)dt1000 Wrote: Add that the upgrade, Ultimate Reboot, works much better due to the rubber tip.

I'll give Ultimate Reboot its own draft once it comes out. Unlike Strike God Valkyrie, it isn't an add-on to Reboot, it's its own separate Driver

Also, I don't think the rubber would work well, Burst is too light for that.
(Oct. 25, 2017  11:16 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Oct. 25, 2017  11:08 PM)dt1000 Wrote: Add that the upgrade, Ultimate Reboot, works much better due to the rubber tip.

I'll give Ultimate Reboot its own draft once it comes out. Unlike Strike God Valkyrie, it isn't an add-on to Reboot, it's its own separate Driver

I saw it in a CoroCoro video, it started slow but when it changed modes it got to the tornado ridge.
(Oct. 26, 2017  1:35 AM)dt1000 Wrote:
(Oct. 25, 2017  11:16 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: I'll give Ultimate Reboot its own draft once it comes out. Unlike Strike God Valkyrie, it isn't an add-on to Reboot, it's its own separate Driver

I saw it in a CoroCoro video, it started slow but when it changed modes it got to the tornado ridge.

Yes but is a CoroCoro video the best judge of a part's performance? No, they rig this carp.
(Oct. 26, 2017  1:54 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Oct. 26, 2017  1:35 AM)dt1000 Wrote: I saw it in a CoroCoro video, it started slow but when it changed modes it got to the tornado ridge.

Yes but is a CoroCoro video the best judge of a part's performance? No, they rig this carp.

Oh. I didn't know. I am new.
(Oct. 26, 2017  1:55 AM)dt1000 Wrote:
(Oct. 26, 2017  1:54 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Yes but is a CoroCoro video the best judge of a part's performance? No, they rig this carp.

Oh. I didn't know. I am new.

Fair enough, but these are meant to advertise the products, so they have to make them look good to sell them. That's why they rig battles.
(Oct. 26, 2017  1:56 AM)Suzaku-X Wrote:
(Oct. 26, 2017  1:55 AM)dt1000 Wrote: Oh. I didn't know. I am new.

Fair enough, but these are meant to advertise the products, so they have to make them look good to sell them. That's why they rig battles.

Oh. It was pretty fast though.
Ignoring the sticking issue, I don't think this driver would be half bad if it was similar to F:S rather than Jaggy and had a quicker retract
(Nov. 01, 2017  4:37 AM)KingSchwarzer Wrote: Ignoring the sticking issue, I don't think this driver would be half bad if it was similar to F:S rather than Jaggy and had a quicker retract

I completely agree for the quicker retract... but I think the jaggy part is fine