Performance Tip/Driver - Planet

Quote:Planet is a Performance Tip released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-90 3 on 3 Booster Set Galaxy Zeus 4Meteor Planet on

==Description==
Planet features a ball shaped tip made of metal, akin to Metal Fight Beyblade's Metal Ball Performance Tip, which rotates freely, akin to Orbit, and with two tracks which also contain metal balls, akin to Metal Fight Beyblade's GB145 Track.

Like its predecessor Weight, the metal tip is meant to decrease friction with the stadium floor and provide stability and Knock-Out resistance by lowering the center of balance with its weight while the free spinning nature of the ball is meant to further improve stamina. The two metal balls in the tracks are meant to move outwards due to Centripetal Force and increase stamina and stability with the greater Outward-Weight-Distribution.

In practice however, the use of circular tracks instead of straight tracks means that the metal balls will shift to one side and throw the Beyblade off balance which drains stamina.
Furthermore the free spinning nature of the primary ball does little to improve upon what Weight can accomplish.
Finally, while Planet also has the plastic ridge surrounding the tip, the shape of the tracks nullifies the Life-After-Death the ridge provides and that ridge has the same weakness as the ridge on Weight as it can create aggressive movement patterns when the Beyblade is knocked off balance which drains stamina and creates a risk of Knock-Outs.

While Planet's sheer weight can improve Knock-Out resistance, it's mitigated by the low friction of metal and rarity of Knock-Outs in the Burst metagame.

==Overall==
There is little to nothing Planet can do that Weight cannot, in fact the unbalanced nature and lack of Life-After-Death means that Planet is outclassed by Weight, an already only average part. As such Planet is for collection purposes only.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-90 Galaxy Zeus 4Meteor Planet (3 on 3 Booster Set) (translucent yellow orange)
==Hasbro==

Those tracks man. Could have been good.
I think planet might be good with L2 like how weight was good with L2
(Sep. 13, 2017  9:07 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: I think planet might be good with L2 like how weight was good with L2

Problem is the balance
It's kinda hard to believe that two small metal balls could add such an imbalance.
(Sep. 13, 2017  3:14 PM)Jinbee Wrote: It's kinda hard to believe that two small metal balls could add such an imbalance.

When it's as something as small as a Beyblade and as light as the plastic Burst System, a little can do a lot
(Sep. 13, 2017  3:52 PM)MonoDragon Wrote:
(Sep. 13, 2017  3:14 PM)Jinbee Wrote: It's kinda hard to believe that two small metal balls could add such an imbalance.

When it's as something as small as a Beyblade and as light as the plastic Burst System, a little can do a lot

If the balls went outwards more and the driver was wider, I'd believe it. I feel like something such as GB145 had less imbalance than Burst. Even though GB145 was made for a heavier system, MFB's are around the same size and the GB145 is wider. That said, this driver is meant to be nine grams while GB145 and a tip would probably just be 5 grams. I have witnessed how unbalanced Planet is, I just find it weird it could be so effective.
(Sep. 13, 2017  4:21 PM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Sep. 13, 2017  3:52 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: When it's as something as small as a Beyblade and as light as the plastic Burst System, a little can do a lot

If the balls went outwards more and the driver was wider, I'd believe it. I feel like something such as GB145 had less imbalance than Burst. Even though GB145 was made for a heavier system, MFB's are around the same size and the GB145 is wider. That said, this driver is meant to be nine grams while GB145 and a tip would probably just be 5 grams. I have witnessed how unbalanced Planet is, I just find it weird it could be so effective.

The free spinning nature probably makes it worse. Perhaps allows more tilting?
Imagine X2.Q.Pl dominating comboes like the unbalanced beast it could be
Do you think kD with this could work?
(Sep. 14, 2017  9:12 PM)DaJetsnake Wrote: Do you think kD with this could work?

Don't think so. If I remember right kD is unbalanced so with planet it would randomly switch between balanced and unbalanced in battle
(Sep. 14, 2017  9:12 PM)DaJetsnake Wrote: Do you think kD with this could work?

Also kD already has piss poor stamina and mediocre attack, this won't fix it.
Article Skeleton is up. Here's the link: http://beyblade.wikia.com/wiki/Performance_Tip_-_Planet
I really want planet because I want to test it with my destableizer combo
I would like to point out that Centrifugal force tends to push an object away from an attached rotating center(In this case the center is the large free spinning ball while the objects are the small balls ) and in contrast centripetal force tends to pull an object towards the same center.That said, it is clear that none of these forces have any NET effect on the balls due to the plastic ridge delimiting them so the movement of the small balls is in fact around(orbiting) not away or towards . Naturally for an object to orbit another, gravity is needed but since the central ball doesn't exert any gravity-like force(obviously) we'll have to borrow the earth's and here's how....
The plastic ridge forms two cresents that meet(or don't meet) at their ends , draw a line connecting these  2 "meeting points" and now when the bey tilts along this plane(to touch the line),the balls move due to GRAVITY, and when they move they collide with the end points of their cresent-fragments providing more force for rotation.(Fidget spinners work on the same principle)
So try :
1. Launching at an angles when staying at the center
2. Launching so it spins on the ridge and not the ball(hypothetically)
3. Tornado stalling to use the slant and the farther parts of the stadium(probably combine this with 2 or 4)
4. Use an imbalanced layer or diver(e.g quake) this should be enough
(Sep. 13, 2017  1:34 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Planet is a Performance Tip released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-90 3 on 3 Booster Set Galaxy Zeus 4Meteor Planet on

==Description==
Planet features a ball shaped tip made of metal, akin to Metal Fight Beyblade's Metal Ball Performance Tip, which rotates freely, akin to Orbit, and with two upward angled tracks which also contain metal balls, akin to Metal Fight Beyblade's GB145 Track.

Like its predecessor Weight, the metal tip is meant to decrease friction with the stadium floor and provide stability and Knock-Out resistance by lowering the center of balance with its weight while the free spinning nature of the ball is meant to further improve stamina. The two metal balls in the tracks are meant to move outwards due to Centrifugal Force and increase stamina and stability with the greater Outward-Weight-Distribution when spin velocity is high. When spin velocity is low, the angled tracks bring the balls closer to the center to increase Centralized-Weight-Distribution and spin speed.

In practice however, the use of circular tracks instead of straight tracks means that the metal balls will shift to one side and throw the Beyblade off balance which drains stamina. Furthermore the free spinning nature of the primary ball does little to improve upon what Weight can accomplish. Finally, the shallow angle of the tracks and the short distance traveled means that there is no discernible change in weight distribution.

While Planet's sheer weight can improve Knock-Out resistance, it's mitigated by the low friction of metal and rarity of Knock-Outs in the Burst metagame.

==Overall==
There is little to nothing Planet can do that Weight cannot, in fact the unbalanced nature and lack of Life-After-Death means that Planet is outclassed by Weight, an already only average part. As such Planet is for collection purposes only.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-90 Galaxy Zeus 4Meteor Planet (3 on 3 Booster Set) (translucent yellow orange)
==Hasbro==
I didn't think Planet was that good of a driver and it looks like my suspicions were correct. Very sad how such a cool concept failed.