PD [POLISHED DEFENCE] DRAFT

FIREFIRE Wrote:[Image: 185?cb=20110407102206]
measurements:- TBA

Polish Defense is a Performance Tip that was[/b released with the [[BB-90 LED Sight]]. It is a slightly wider version of [[Performance Tip - Defense|Defense]]. As its name suggests, Polish Defence is polished, giving it a glossy and glazed look. It uses a different plastic than all other plastic Performance Tips, polyoxymethylene, which provides lower friction than normal. It only comes in a pearl gray color.

It has great use in Stamina customizations due to the decreased friction and width, especially with 160- or 170-height Spin Tracks. However, at a competitive standpoint, this Performance Tip falls behind to [[Performance Tip - Wide Defense|Wide Defense]] at the 145 and lower Track range, and also falls short at the 170 and above Track range to options like [[Performance Tip - Defense|Defense]], leaving its expertise to be around 160. Even at its preferred height, it still ends up being outclassed in Stamina in comparison to options like [[Performance Tip - Eternal Wide Defense|Eternal Wide Defense]].

[b]Use In Stamina Customizations:-

Duo (Cancer/Cygnus/Hades) 160/LW160/SA165 PD

Overall, while being a rather interesting addition to the Defense Tip family, its performance is sub-par and is edged out by most other options in the line, even at its preferred height. The fact that it's only found with a rare and rather useless accessory makes this tip a decent alternative at best.
The grammer and spelling is bad, the way it is organized looks unprofessional (Look at Beywiki articles to get familiar with how it should be organized), and that custom isn't competitive.

This is the hard truth.
The content itself is not that bad, except that all of your "which may make it bounce and may [...]" make it sound like you do not own PD and never tried it. Someone who does own it would need to come and confirm this information. @[Kei] ?

I would definitely have to reword several things before it could get published, and as DRAGON KING EX mentioned, we do not separate information in those categories, especially since it makes you repeat things from one section to another.
Note: it comes with BB-90 LED Sight.
The "two edges on the side" don't make it hop. It doesn't really do anything.
Clean it up saying that it's size it inbetween D and WD.
You don't need to mention every D-Series Bottom, either.
I've never seen it Tornado Stall, either.
And that Combo isn't very good.

Keep in mind I used this at a tournament so, take that as you will.
(Dec. 20, 2015  4:27 PM)Kai-V Wrote: The content itself is not that bad, except that all of your "which may make it bounce and may [...]" make it sound like you do not own PD and never tried it. Someone who does own it would need to come and confirm this information. @[Kei] ?

I would definitely have to reword several things before it could get published, and as DRAGON KING EX mentioned, we do not separate information in those categories, especially since it makes you repeat things from one section to another.
@[Kai-V], i have PD [ask ashton pinto he sold me] and sorry for bad grammer i'll soon improve this draft soon and join grammer classes too lol. anyway i created this draft because therre isn't any articale on beywik or beyblade wiki and PD is really competitive in stamina so it deserve an article so aall new bladers could know about this unpopular tip
how is it now? i'll add measurements soon
Neo, who owns PD as well, stated that the holes or the edges created by the holes do nothing ...
i'll add mesurements today
@[Kai-V] how it is now?
The Use In Stamina Customization section should be left out. We've never actually seen testings on any of the combos you've listed, so including them would only be sharing information that can't be backed up.

Also, PD only comes in Pearl Gray, not usually, haha.
(Dec. 20, 2015  1:06 PM)FIREFIRE Wrote: [quote=FIREFIRE]
measurements:- TBA
Design:-
PD [POLISHED DEFENCE] is basically a slightly wider version of D, it's part of defence series of bottom [BWD, WD, EWD, SWD, D, DS, EDS, PD, SD] and it's size is between WD and D. As its (This is possessive) name suggest it's polished[rounded], unlike other bottoms in the defence series which are sharp. PD is made of POM that makes it generate less friction. It have 2 holes on its edge.

it usually come in pearl gray colour, and it has found to have only 1 mold

Performance:-
it has great use in stamina customization due to less friction and width, especially with 160-170 height spin tracks. but it's outclassed in terms of stamina by EDS and EWD

Use In Stamina Customization:-

Duo Hades/Kerbecs/Cancer LW160PD
Gembu Gembu SA165PD [normal mode] Test these !!
Girago Dragooon SA165PD

Availability
it come with BB-90 LED SIGHT

As a general rule of thumb, when referencing the part that article is based off of, I wouldn't really want to use the abbreviation the entire way through. I would take something like:

Quote:Polished Defense is a performance tip that released with the [BB-90 LED Sight]. The tip is a slightly wider version of [Defense] and is part of the Defense Family of Performance Tips. As its name suggests, Polished Defense is polished giving it a glossy and glazed look. Other attributes that separate the tip from the others in the Defense family is the plastic, polyoxymethylene, which is a very low friction plastic. Despite these rather interesting features, the performance tip is very lackluster in comparison to other tips in the Defense Family.

Overall, while being a rather interesting addition to the Defense Tip Family, its performance is lackluster and is edged out by most other options in the line. The fact that it's only found in a difficult to find and rather useless accessory makes this tip For Collection Purpose Only
Shirayuki's reworded version looks good, but I would really want to get someone like @[Kei] to come and confirm some of the competitive information.

By the way, you have to remember that there will be a portion of the part-specific article that will be imported in every article of a Beyblade that has it. Therefore, the part of the description about how it is or is not recommended should really be apart from the rest of the description, in an actual "Overall" section at the bottom.
Honestly, I've only ever had one PD and I've been afraid to wear it down too much ... so I'm not the best person to ask about it's competitive value. What I do know is that it's performance is (unsurprisingly) quite close to other members of the D-series family; as a result, I don't know if it is fair to make a sweeping generalization that "the performance tip is very lackluster in comparison to other tips in the Defense Family".

I would be inclined to agree with Ingulit's assessment of PD:

Ingulit Wrote:PD deserves some love. I've done a lot of testing with PD, and as I've mentioned before it performs splendidly but just isn't as good as WD on 145-height and lower and not as good as D on 170-height and higher. This led me to believe that PD's magic height lies somewhere in between, and now that I have 160 I can finally say that this is the case.

But that said, in my experience, 160 is a very uncommon Track height to see in a competitive situation (in fact, it appears just nine times on the Standard/Zero-G/Limited Format Winning Combos lists on the WBO Organized Play Tournament Data Archive, and there might be as little information about this as there is about PD itself. SA165 is popular, but I've never seen anyone use PD on it; things like EWD seem to always be the choice. It's just really tough to verify because so little testing has been done with the part due to the limited way in which it was made available ...
(Dec. 26, 2015  9:53 AM)Kei Wrote: Honestly, I've only ever had one PD and I've been afraid to wear it down too much ... so I'm not the best person to ask about it's competitive value. What I do know is that it's performance is (unsurprisingly) quite close to other members of the D-series family; as a result, I don't know if it is fair to make a sweeping generalization that "the performance tip is very lackluster in comparison to other tips in the Defense Family".

I would be inclined to agree with Ingulit's assessment of PD:

Ingulit Wrote:PD deserves some love. I've done a lot of testing with PD, and as I've mentioned before it performs splendidly but just isn't as good as WD on 145-height and lower and not as good as D on 170-height and higher. This led me to believe that PD's magic height lies somewhere in between, and now that I have 160 I can finally say that this is the case.

But that said, in my experience, 160 is a very uncommon Track height to see in a competitive situation (in fact, it appears just nine times on the Standard/Zero-G/Limited Format Winning Combos lists on the WBO Organized Play Tournament Data Archive, and there might be as little information about this as there is about PD itself. SA165 is popular, but I've never seen anyone use PD on it; things like EWD seem to always be the choice. It's just really tough to verify because so little testing has been done with the part due to the limited way in which it was made available ...

Quote:Polished Defense is a performance tip that released with the [BB-90 LED Sight]. The tip is a slightly wider version of [Defense] and is part of the Defense Family of Performance Tips. As its name suggests, Polished Defense is polished giving it a glossy and glazed look. Other attributes that separate the tip from the others in the Defense family is the plastic, polyoxymethylene, which is a very low friction plastic. However, at a competitive standpoint, the performance tip falls behind to [Performance tip - Wide Defense] at the 145 and lower track range, and also falls short at the 170 and above track range to options like [Performance Tip - Defense], leaving it's perfect sweet spot to be around 160. Even at it's preferred height, it still ends up being outclassed in the stamina department in comparison to options like [Performance Tip - Eternal Wide Defense].

Overall, while being a rather interesting addition to the Defense Tip Family, its performance is mediocre and is edged out by most other options in the line, even at it's preferred height. The fact that it's only found in a difficult to find and rather useless accessory makes this tip For Collection Purpose Only

Would something like this be any better? As you and plenty of others have said, it's really hard to write an accurate article based on how little information we have.
It should be "its", not "it's", on those two occasions. I also sort of disagree with how the last portion was written : with 160, PD is probably the best Bottom from what we know, but what really needs to be made clear is that 160 actually sees no competitive use because the bulkier version, SA165, is way better and prefered.

Also Kei, thank you for the quote from Ingulit. Since PD has less than four characters, it makes it almost impossible to find topics about it with our Search feature, so I am glad that you remembered that Ingulit had written about it specifically hah.
THANKS @[Shirayuki] FOR YOUR HELP!!! I'LL SOON EDIT MY DRAFT BASED ON YOU INFO.

Edit:- @[Kai-V] i have edited draft based on Shirayuki's information

Also anyone has suggestion for USE IN STAMINA CUSTOMIZATION?
Personally, I don't think PD is mediocre at all; from my experience, it performs quite similarly to WD when used on 145, and in some cases I've used the two interchangeably (I've only tested it relative to WD for the most part, so I can't speak for D). Considering that it's one of the choice performance tip for Duo 160, I would mention that it does have some competitive value, instead of saying that it should be bought for collection purposes only.
(Dec. 28, 2015  5:34 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Personally, I don't think PD is mediocre at all; from my experience, it performs quite similarly to WD when used on 145, and in some cases I've used the two interchangeably (I've only tested it relative to WD for the most part, so I can't speak for D). Considering that it's one of the choice performance tip for Duo 160, I would mention that it does have some competitive value, instead of saying that it should be bought for collection purposes only.

yeah i agree, i'll soon edit it again. but my PD cause recoil when tilted on mid-height tracks, also i think PD perform almost same as D but on ultra-low height [Phantom Aqurio W105PD/D] when bey get strong hit, D move aggressively and lose lots of stamina where PD recoil and return to centre without loo tell which losing much stamina so it's really hard tell which is better. but i think WD and EDS outclasses both of tips in almost everywhere
hey anyone have measurements?

and @[Kai-V] how it is now?
Well, you can see all the modifications I had to make :

(Dec. 20, 2015  1:06 PM)FIREFIRE Wrote: measurements:- TBA

Polish Defense is a Performance Tip that was[/b released with the [[BB-90 LED Sight]]. [b]It is a slightly wider version of [[Performance Tip - Defense|Defense]]. As its name suggests, Polish Defence is polished, giving it a glossy and glazed look. It uses a different plastic than all other plastic Performance Tips, polyoxymethylene, which provides lower friction than normal. It only comes in a pearl gray color.

It has great use in Stamina customizations due to the decreased friction and width, especially with 160- or 170-height Spin Tracks. However, at a competitive standpoint, this Performance Tip falls behind to [[Performance Tip - Wide Defense|Wide Defense]] at the 145 and lower Track range, and also falls short at the 170 and above Track range to options like [[Performance Tip - Defense|Defense]], leaving its expertise to be around 160. Even at its preferred height, it still ends up being outclassed in Stamina in comparison to options like [[Performance Tip - Eternal Wide Defense|Eternal Wide Defense]].

Use In Stamina Customizations:-
TBA

Overall, while being a rather interesting addition to the Defense Tip family, its performance is sub-par and is edged out by most other options in the line, even at its preferred height. The fact that it's only found with a rare and rather useless accessory makes this tip a decent alternative at best.

But I think the content is OK, so just add a Use in Stamina Customizations section and it could be good to publish ?
EWD being better than PD on SA165 is more the exception rather than the rule; EWD sees use on SA165 because EWD is great for opposite-spin matchups, which is also where SA165 sees a lot of use. On LW160 or 160, PD is better than D and better than WD-sized variants (though ofc this is a super-niche use that doesn't see much competitive play).

Also, I would suggest using the words "optimum height" in place of "its expertise".
@@[Kai-V] how is it now, i did lots of editing and added links and a pic.

i will add correct measurement soon [i have ordered tools like weight scale to measure]
But why did you not just copy and paste what I had corrected ... Now you force me to try and find out which corrections you took and which ones I would need to add again, which I will not do. Copy exactly my revised version and just add the Use in Stamina Customizations sub-section. There does not need to be links because they will be done automatically when this gets published on Beyblade Wiki.
@@[Kai-V] done [copyed and pasted]
The formatting looks very unprofessional.