Our New WBO Organizer Quiz is LIVE!

If you try to take the WBO Organizer’s Quiz today, you might notice a few changes. We’re thrilled to announce that we have officially completed a long overdue overhaul of the Organizer’s Quiz. From now on, the quiz will be multiple choice and part of a two-step Organizer application process. This means that there will be less time-consuming back-and-forth on responses, and you will not be required to explain your answer.

This does not mean that the Organizer’s Quiz will be any less meaningful or easier to pass than it was before. Going forward, prospective Organizers will be required to score 100% on our 10-question quiz in order to move on to the second stage in our new two-step onboarding process. Similarly, in order to encourage applicants to take the quiz only when they're ready, quizzes may only be submitted once every 30 days, so be sure to read up on the Organizer’s Guide and other official WBO documentation before submitting your first quiz!

What is the second step in the new organizer onboarding process?

Over time, we’ve observed that our Organizer’s Quiz is great at assessing the technical knowledge of candidates, but not always the ability to think critically both under pressure and on-the-fly, which has become increasingly important over the years. We feel that being a WBO Organizer is a big responsibility and not something to be taken lightly. Our Organizers represent us around the globe, and should be prepared to not only be a role-model to prospective Bladers, but also be equipped to think quickly to address any complications that could arise at their events.

As such, in order to help us learn more about our candidates - their knowledge, personalities and ability to react to unconventional scenarios - we’ve now added an interview component to the Organizer’s Quiz process. This takes the form of a 10-15 minute interview, in which the Organized Play team will talk to you to both learn more about you, but also quiz you on some quick-fire scenarios to hear your approach to various issues that could arise at your events. WBO Organized Play staff will be notified when users pass the Organizer’s Quiz, and will reach out to applicants within 1 week of their quiz submission to schedule this brief interview over Discord. Discord is our primary mode of communication between Organizers and Staff, and we highly encourage all prospective Organizers to make an account, even if it’s for the temporary purpose of onboarding.

No Discord? No worries! We understand that there may be other factors preventing a hopeful organizer from creating an account, and are willing to make accommodations, such as conducting the interview on an alternative platform (Google Hangouts), if need be.

Finally, we want to take a moment to acknowledge the substantial changes to event organization and tournament rulings that have taken place in recent years. In light of these updates, Organizers who have not hosted a tournament in over two years will be required to reapply for Organizer status by taking the new Organizer’s Quiz. Previous Organizers will not be required to schedule an interview with WBO staff to retain their Organizer status, even if they haven’t hosted in over two years.

As part of our push to make tournament organization easier than ever before, we’ll  also be releasing in-depth video guides for our new organizers to aid in the process and help answer potential questions along the way. The first of these videos will be available soon on our YouTube channel, and we are excited to announce that three more will be posted later this month. We’re thrilled to share these updates with you, and we believe that they will make the organizer on-boarding process better for everyone. As always we look forward to hearing your thoughts and feedback as we transition to this new process.
I just wanna say that you Staff did a great job the quiz looks awesome shout out to all of you!!
I have a question. Is it required for new organizers to take an interview after passing, and is it available to organizers who have passed before this change?
Great work to all of you staff!
I would take the quiz but I'm not eligible to do it yet but when I am I will try and I'll try becoming a good Organizer in my area but till then I'll be studying
JCE_13 Thank you for asking! All organizers going forward will be required to complete both parts of the application process - the quiz and the interview.
Although Im not a Blader myself, I want to give massive kudos for adding the interview process. Me being a shy person myself, interviews for whatever (be it job or school clubs/activities) reason are pretty nerve-wracking and can be quite a challenge to pull through. But nevertheless, they exist for a reason: to check and see who you are and see if youre qualified for whatever youre applying for. Again, massive kudos for adding an interview component. I hope that makes people think twice about spamming on here and ask themselves if theyre sure about applying
(Jul. 07, 2021  12:04 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: JCE_13 Thank you for asking! All organizers going forward will be required to complete both parts of the application process - the quiz and the interview.

Okay, I see. Is it available for any organizer to take, or just going forward?
(Jul. 07, 2021  12:06 AM)JCE_13 Wrote:
(Jul. 07, 2021  12:04 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: JCE_13 Thank you for asking! All organizers going forward will be required to complete both parts of the application process - the quiz and the interview.

Okay, I see. Is it available for any organizer to take, or just going forward?

If you are an Organizer who has either passed the Quiz or hosted since July 2019, you do not need to do an interview and your existing Organizer status will be honoured.

This is largely just a step for new applicants going forward.
(Jul. 07, 2021  12:05 AM)BurningSands Wrote: Although Im not a Blader myself, I want to give massive kudos for adding the interview process. Me being a shy person myself, interviews for whatever (be it job or school clubs/activities) reason are pretty nerve-wracking and can be quite a challenge to pull through. But nevertheless, they exist for a reason: to check and see who you are and see if youre qualified for whatever youre applying for. Again, massive kudos for adding an interview component. I hope that makes people think twice about spamming on here and ask themselves if theyre sure about applying

So happy to hear that others see the need for this too! Hopefully it will lead to more thoughtful applications and on the organizer's end, feeling better equipped to handle the types of situations that arise when hosting an event Smile
One more question:

Are previously accepted organizers allowed to take the quiz again to prove we've still got it?

I read something about an organizers quiz #2 in the guide.
(Jul. 07, 2021  12:33 AM)JCE_13 Wrote: One more question:

Are previously accepted organizers allowed to take the quiz again to prove we've still got it?

Looks like someone wants to prove himself lol
(Jul. 07, 2021  12:34 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Jul. 07, 2021  12:33 AM)JCE_13 Wrote: One more question:

Looks like someone wants to prove himself lol

Confused ...Maybe...
(Jul. 07, 2021  12:37 AM)JCE_13 Wrote:
(Jul. 07, 2021  12:34 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote: Looks like someone wants to prove himself lol

Confused ...Maybe...

I was messing with you lol
Hmm 🤔 maybe I’ll take the quiz I don’t know for sure.
(Jul. 07, 2021  12:40 AM)LegendJustice Wrote: Hmm 🤔 maybe I’ll take the quiz I don’t know for sure.

You need to be 13+
(Jul. 07, 2021  12:42 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote:
(Jul. 07, 2021  12:40 AM)LegendJustice Wrote: Hmm 🤔 maybe I’ll take the quiz I don’t know for sure.

You need to be 13+

You don’t know my age for sure!
(Jul. 07, 2021  12:43 AM)LegendJustice Wrote:
(Jul. 07, 2021  12:42 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote: You need to be 13+

I know I was just saying
(Jul. 07, 2021  12:43 AM)LegendJustice Wrote:
(Jul. 07, 2021  12:42 AM)UnseenBurst Wrote: You need to be 13+

From what I heard, you were underage (hence your removal from the WBO Discord server, in which you are required to be 13+). From the conversation here, its quite implied that you might loophole and try to lie about your age. Regardless, try being honest — maybe wait a few years or if youre actually of-age, you should study hard and prepare for the quiz/interview
(Jul. 07, 2021  12:45 AM)BurningSands Wrote:
(Jul. 07, 2021  12:43 AM)LegendJustice Wrote: You don’t know my age for sure!

From what I heard, you were underage (hence your removal from the WBO Discord server, in which you are required to be 13+). From the conversation, its quite implied that you might loophole and try to lie about your age. Regardless, try being honest — maybe wait a few years or if youre actually of-age, you should study hard and prepare for the quiz/interview

I was just joking

From what I heard, you were underage (hence your removal from the WBO Discord server, in which you are required to be 13+). From the conversation here, its quite implied that you might loophole and try to lie about your age. Regardless, try being honest — maybe wait a few years or if youre actually of-age, you should study hard and prepare for the quiz/interview

This is correct, their age requirement (and any of their requirements) is not a suggestion.

Thanks for the heads up and when I meant like take the quiz I just meant like study for it
The Supreme One I have a question, will the interview be optional or something you have to do to become an Organizer
(Jul. 07, 2021  4:42 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote: The Supreme One I have a question, will the interview be optional or something you have to do to become an Organizer

The post is fairly clear. The interview is NOT optional. To become an organizer, you will need to pass both the quiz with 100% (it's multiple choice now) AND pass the interview.
(Jul. 07, 2021  5:13 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Jul. 07, 2021  4:42 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote: The Supreme One I have a question, will the interview be optional or something you have to do to become an Organizer

The post is fairly clear. The interview is NOT optional. To become an organizer, you will need to pass both the quiz with 100% (it's multiple choice now) AND pass the interview.

Ok thank you!