[North East, UK] Beydays Event. Nothern Brawl @ Moving Image 28/05/11

on
Hosted by
  Newt
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Name: Northern Brawl @ Moving Image

Date: Saturday 28th May 2011 ( 28/05/11)
Time: 12pm

Venue: NEW VENUE Loacted at Moving Image Toys in North Shields.

Please note that the venue is no longer in Newcastle town centre. It is now located in North Shields. For anybody unfamiliar with the Tyne & Wear metro system you will need to buy a 3 zone ticket and travel towards the coast from Monument station this journey takes 20minutes.

Address:
MOVING IMAGE TOYS
52A NILE STREET
NORTH SHIELDS
TYNE & WEAR
NE29 0BG

Directions from North Shields Metro
[Image: directionsz.th.jpg]
If you are Traveling via Metro the venue is really easy to get to. When you walk out of the station turn left and walk up the street. The shop is on the left hand side opposite the post office. It only takes a minute.

Entry Fee:
Without Passport £4 (Extra £1 for venue rental)
Passport £1 (Extra £1 for venue rental)

Prizes: Mystery Takara Import Bey + Hasbro stadium to be given out
Prize is a mystery and will be unveiled at the tourney.

Atendees:
Myself
Scurry
Black_Rose
Trace Kaiser
Spoonigan

poseidon
omre94
theblayder
kaiser

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

The god of sea is defo coming . Finally a newcastle tornament. This is gonna be fun !
Bloody hell an indoor venue, well it's way better then that park in town and within conveniant walking distance. So yeah I'll be going to this one for sure.
Probably will go what's the prize do I bring an arena?
Aww yeh! Ill be coming fo sure.
(May. 06, 2011  8:16 PM)poseidon Wrote:
(May. 06, 2011  5:42 PM)Ultimate Zero Wrote: I'm not coming.

why post then ?
The 28th or 29th because on the beydays thread it says twenty nine

Agreed, i dont know which date, on official topic its 29th, but here its 28th.
Newt, I think it's best you make an attendees list on the OP to keep track and show everyone else what the turnout will be like easily.
poseidon Wrote:The 28th or 29th because on the beydays thread it says twenty nine

It is indeed on the 28th as this thread states. Putting it on the 29th in the announcement was my fault. Sorry for any confusion.
(May. 06, 2011  4:25 PM)xXUnicornoXx- Wrote: I can come up again for sure, I can bring the attack stadium again if it helps.
(May. 06, 2011  4:45 PM)poseidon Wrote: likewise ill bring my attack staduim
That would be awesome if you guys could bring those stadiums. I have the balance one but I know most people prefer the attack one.

Updated the OP as it was a carbon copy of my proposal and needed a few details changed.

Also please try to keep the spam down. Use the report button if a 10 year old from London says he cant make it to the event.
Newt
I still need to get an attack type stadium, stuck with my thunder whip crappy one. So yeh, the tournament is in north shields? Only half an hour away in the car! :3
Hehehe im posidon's sister so this means ill be at the tornament but WONT be playin this oughta be fun |-)
wize gal
(May. 07, 2011  9:03 AM)TheBlayder Wrote: Newt
I still need to get an attack type stadium, stuck with my thunder whip crappy one. So yeh, the tournament is in north shields? Only half an hour away in the car! :3
We will Have 2 Attack stadiums and a Balance one so no need to worry. Also I would reccomend using the metro because parking can be quite expensive.
(May. 07, 2011  9:48 AM)poseidon Wrote: Can i buy a passport at the tornament
Yes! Yes you can Smile

(May. 07, 2011  4:09 PM)Ballax Wrote: Hehehe im posidon's sister so this means ill be at the tornament but WONT be playin this oughta be fun |-)
wize gal
Aww you should play. You won't be the only girl there Spoonigan is coming Smile
(May. 07, 2011  6:55 PM)Newt Wrote: We will Have 2 Attack stadiums and a Balance one so no need to worry. Also I would reccomend using the metro because parking can be quite expensive.
Ah i know, but my mother will insist on me taking the car, also i dont really know if i should buy a passport, i mean there arent many NE tourneys Uncertain
(May. 07, 2011  9:51 PM)TheBlayder Wrote: Ah i know, but my mother will insist on me taking the car, also i dont really know if i should buy a passport, i mean there arent many NE tourneys Uncertain
Thats because I seem to be the only person in the North East capable of hosting a tourney. In actual fact there has been 4 touneys in the last year. The last was a failure due to the weather and I wasn't planning on doing anymore till it got warmer. Now I have a venue I could probably run 1 a month but i'm a busy guy and sometimes I can't afford to take time off.

If you want to get your moneys worth out of a passport you only have to play in 1 more tournament for it to pay itself off. If your concerned about the frequency of tournaments you can always go to London or make your own nothing stopping you.
Suddenly getting the urge just to use one ridiculously bad combo on the day and see how well I do with it. This could either be the most amazing thing ever or the poorest performance on beyday by anybody member of wbo.
(May. 10, 2011  9:46 AM)Black_Rose Wrote: Suddenly getting the urge just to use one ridiculously bad combo on the day and see how well I do with it. This could either be the most amazing thing ever or the poorest performance on beyday by anybody member of wbo.

That males me thing you underestimate us !
(May. 11, 2011  8:07 AM)poseidon Wrote:
(May. 10, 2011  9:46 AM)Black_Rose Wrote: Suddenly getting the urge just to use one ridiculously bad combo on the day and see how well I do with it. This could either be the most amazing thing ever or the poorest performance on beyday by anybody member of wbo.

*cough* He won Spinoff on Sunday *cough*

Anything he does is for the lulz tho.

And on another note. I just Ordfered the Prize for the tourney and the next tourney. I just hope they get here in time.
(May. 11, 2011  8:07 AM)poseidon Wrote:

I'd say it was more of a challange to myself and yeah like newt said mostly for the giggles.
Awesome, can't wait for this!

Wonder if I'll come second... again. Hahaha

Indoor venue.. madness. REAL BLADERS BLADE IN THE SNOW. I really should upload the video I took haha
Got my combos sorted I don't know why though because i'm still considering bribing that really bad combo or just bringing a Storm Pegasus the result will probably be the same. I've also got a stadium guard near completed, ever since the last tournament and the amount of times blades would hit concrete I decided to build a floor and cage out of cardboard so it wouldn't happen again.