[Newcastle, UK] Beyblade Northern Brawl 09/10/10 MAJOR UPDATE

on
Hosted by
  Newt
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

NORTHERN BRAWL BEYBLADE

Welcome one and all to the first official beyblade event to be held in the north, Located in the heart of Newcastles Leasez park.

Date: Saturday 9th October 2010 ( 9/10/10)
Time: 12pm UPDATED
(Oct. 08, 2010  9:47 PM)Newt Wrote: MAJOR UPDATE

Early this morning my grandma suffered a stroke. Due to this Im moving the tournament forward 1 hour to it now starts at 12PM it will not go past 2PM. This is so I can visit my grandma tomorrow afternoon with Spoonigan.

Ive been in 2 minds on deciding to pospone this but if we start an hour earlier it will allow enough time for the tourney before the visiting hours open.

Venue: Leazes Park (Band Stand Area) Newcastle (NE, UK).
Direction from St James Park
Directions from St Jamses Park metro station.

If anyone is travelling from out of the area I would reccomend using the tye and wear metro service to get to st james park metro station.

We will be under the band stand if it decides to drizzle. If anyone has an umbrella I would sujest bringing it just incase Smile

Format: Block round robin MFB only. (HMS plastics will be allowed in free
battles)

Entry Fee:
Without Passport £3
Blader Passport holder Free

Banned parts:
Standard WBO rules apply, no worn parts, no Libra wheel, your parts will be checked if they're behaving in an unconventional way.

Judges: Newt, Black_Rose

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Sep. 25, 2010  10:03 PM)klonoalunar Wrote: this aint my day

ok i now know there is no superglued parts but whatt about a super glued string launcher? the handle bit you pull snapped into 3 pieces?

BeyLauncher
Condition
It is widely accepted that the BeyLauncher -- the Metal Fight Beyblade Launcher that has a
self-rewinding string -- has design flaws that can cause it to break or otherwise perform
undesirably. The following rulings apply to the BeyLauncher:
• You may use a BeyLauncher with a broken handle.
• You may attach an elastic between the BeyLauncher's handle and your wrist in order to
prevent it from snapping back.
• You may not use a BeyLauncher which has a broken prong (the piece that connects to
the Beyblade).

Would you please read the rules..............
http://worldbeyblade.org/universalrules.pdf
http://worldbeyblade.org/eventguide.pdf
thanks newt but due to me moving im not going now but ill try to get to the next one again thanks
Sigh, I wish I could go... but Glasgow isn't exactly the closest place to Newcastle...

Maybe, I should hold my own tournament here... and call it 'KIZU'S SUPER AWESOME HYPER BEYBLADE BASH!!!' and it would start like..... Now!
And seeing as I'm sure I'm the only player here.... I WIN!
YAYAYAY! GO MEEEEEEE! And my prize? A hug....
Mmmmmmmmmmm......
Grin
/imaginary tournament.
(Sep. 27, 2010  1:40 PM)klonoalunar Wrote: thanks newt but due to me moving im not going now but ill try to get to the next one again thanks
No probs bud. If this event is a sucess I will definately run more.

(Sep. 27, 2010  2:05 PM)Kizu-Eien Wrote: Sigh, I wish I could go... but Glasgow isn't exactly the closest place to Newcastle...

Maybe, I should hold my own tournament here... and call it 'KIZU'S SUPER AWESOME HYPER BEYBLADE BASH!!!' and it would start like..... Now!
And seeing as I'm sure I'm the only player here.... I WIN!
YAYAYAY! GO MEEEEEEE! And my prize? A hug....
Mmmmmmmmmmm......
Grin
/imaginary tournament.

Its a lot closer than London Grin

Im sure if you create a properly prefixed thread in organised play you'll find bladers in your area.
(Sep. 28, 2010  8:19 PM)storm_hydra08 Wrote: why
Add more content to your posts. I have almost no idea what you are referring to.
why in newcastle, bring it back to london
Because not everybody can afford a trip to London, the reason this event is being held in Newcastle is to drum up intrerest in the area and it's easier to get to for people who live in the north of England.
(Sep. 29, 2010  10:01 AM)smg4life01 Wrote: why in newcastle, bring it back to london

Tournaments in London are already well established, it's a much better idea to get some going up North so the people [like myself] that find it much harder to make it to London can much easier enter tournaments hosted in northern England, hopefully by next year we can get good blading communities in the Newcastle area and be able to host more tournaments here Smile
(Sep. 28, 2010  12:00 AM)Newt Wrote: It's a lot closer than London Grin

Im sure if you create a properly prefixed thread in organised play you'll find bladers in your area.

I already posted a thread looking for local bladers. Unhappy
No replies. *Whimper*

BUT! I'm gonna try drum up interest through local advertising, By this, I mean advertising the WBO and this website. I've been wondering actually...
Kai-V IF HE'S READING SOMEWHERE?! Tongue_out
If creating a advert of sorts, leaflets and fliers, whatever.. And distributing them throughout Glasgow & Edinburgh. Would that be cool?

I could even get more copies of them and send them to other locations in the UK if anyone else feels the need to try drum up interest of the WBO.

*Runs to post new thread in WBO discussion!* xD
EDIT: Link to my topic on the idea.. >Smile
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Raising-...-in-the-UK
I wish i had bladers in my area i only know 1 other blader in all of Peterborough Unhappy

plz challenge e if u live any where near.
dang i cant make it anymore to close to my moving house and it is about 400 miles from me but can someone perhaps host a tournement in somerset or whiltshire? id love to attend one of them
what do you mean by blader pasport
can someone please start a big tornament in london I was thinking about making one in greenwich park but they are doing something
(Oct. 03, 2010  12:56 PM)Team Taurus Wrote: what do you mean by blader pasport

A Blader Passport is something that you can buy at a WBO verified tournament (or from the site at any time for $10) and basically allows you to have free tournament entry for a year when you've purchased it. You also get a 'face' under your username/avatar on the site to show that you have one. (:
so is this still gona happen or has it been stopped.
Why the hell would it be cancelled?
(Oct. 03, 2010  2:04 PM)storm_hydra08 Wrote: so is this still gona happen or has it been stopped.

Ofcourse the event is still going ahead. If there was any problems with venue or anything major it would have been posted by now and since the event is so close I don't see it being cancelled last minute.
k thanks, just that heard nothing about it for couple of days
(Oct. 03, 2010  8:01 PM)storm_hydra08 Wrote: k thanks, just that heard nothing about it for couple of days

....And that would clearly mean it had been cancelled...
(Oct. 03, 2010  8:01 PM)storm_hydra08 Wrote: k thanks, just that heard nothing about it for couple of days

If I had to cancel I would put it up in the thread and explain why. Im committed to this i've passed up overtime that would have had me earning £60+

Due to the weather being as bad as it has been for the last week id reccomend everybody bring an umbrella. If the weather is terrible and we cant have the bandstand we will all meet there and wait for any stragglers. Then we can move on to somewhere more sheltered to do the tourney. Also if anyone can bring a picknick blanket that would be awesome : D
Chances are I can bring one along but I'm not gonna make any promises until I can find a spare blanket lying around. Hopefully we don't have to buy one on the day because what will we do with it when we're finished?
If we're desperate for a place to sit if the weather is bad on the day, I went to a meet in August and sat under some shelter near Heaton park, I don't know if any of you know it? It's like a cafe type thing as far as I'm aware - about a minute walk away from the park. Not sure about accessibility though, it's just an idea. (:
(Oct. 04, 2010  3:36 PM)Spoonigan Wrote: If we're desperate for a place to sit if the weather is bad on the day, I went to a meet in August and sat under some shelter near Heaton park, I don't know if any of you know it? It's like a cafe type thing as far as I'm aware - about a minute walk away from the park. Not sure about accessibility though, it's just an idea. (:

Could try that. for now I have 2 fairly big brollys Smile