New Rule Proposal: Beyblade Inspection

Poll: Beyblade Inspection Ruleset Poll

No: I do not think this rule should be applied
65.00%
Yes I do think this rule should be applied, bladers should be able to disassemble opponents bey
15.00%
Yes I do think this rule should be applied, I agree with the current ruleset
0%
Yes I do think this rule should be applied, I would like to add more details
20.00%
Total: 100% 20 vote(s)
(Nov. 06, 2021  9:18 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2021  8:59 PM)Shindog Wrote: What do you mean by different?
You said in older formats separation counts as bursting and is worth points. So maybe for other formats you can feel the separation of each part? We should probably keep in mind that this is 30 seconds max, so they won’t have much time to specifically feel every single piece.
I don’t know the answer, but I also didn’t propose this.  I do think a thoughtful and meaningful proposal should include and cover these areas.  That is why I am asking.
(Nov. 06, 2021  9:31 PM)Shindog Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2021  9:18 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: You said in older formats separation counts as bursting and is worth points. So maybe for other formats you can feel the separation of each part? We should probably keep in mind that this is 30 seconds max, so they won’t have much time to specifically feel every single piece.
I don’t know the answer, but I also didn’t propose this.  I do think a thoughtful and meaningful proposal should include and cover these areas.  That is why I am asking.
I’m confused again, don’t propose what? Do you mean that you don’t propose the separation part? Or the 30 second part? Or…
(Nov. 06, 2021  9:43 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2021  9:31 PM)Shindog Wrote: I don’t know the answer, but I also didn’t propose this.  I do think a thoughtful and meaningful proposal should include and cover these areas.  That is why I am asking.
I’m confused again, don’t propose what? Do you mean that you don’t propose the separation part? Or the 30 second part? Or…
I just mean this isn’t my proposal, so I don’t have the answers.  I am asking questions, not really answering them.
(Nov. 06, 2021  9:44 PM)Shindog Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2021  9:43 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I’m confused again, don’t propose what? Do you mean that you don’t propose the separation part? Or the 30 second part? Or…
I just mean this isn’t my proposal, so I don’t have the answers.

I know. I was just asking if you agreed in that quote.
(Nov. 06, 2021  9:44 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2021  9:44 PM)Shindog Wrote: I just mean this isn’t my proposal, so I don’t have the answers.

I know. I was just asking if you agreed in that quote.

I am talking about your proposal in general.  In my experience, it is usually good to look at other games or sports to see if we can find similar rules.  Can you think of any?  Like in baseball, hockey, tennis, basketball and etc, do player/teams examine each other’s gear before play?
(Nov. 06, 2021  9:47 PM)Shindog Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2021  9:44 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: I know. I was just asking if you agreed in that quote.

I am talking about your proposal in general.  In my experience, it is usually good to look at other games or sports to see if we can find similar rules.  Can you think of any?  Like in baseball, hockey, tennis, basketball and etc, do teams examine each other’s gear before play?
Well that’s different. For the sports you listed, and other things in general it’s people running around and scoring goals or hitting balls, there’s no need to examine gear 
But in beyblade it’s about 2 bladers who selected combinations made up of parts, choosing launch angles and what not, letting it tip into a stadium. There is not a need to examine parts but the reason I made this proposal is that examining your opponents bey could be useful in finding out how far their driver is awakened, their mode, and other things I listed in the first post which I forgot as of now.
(Nov. 06, 2021  9:49 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2021  9:47 PM)Shindog Wrote: I am talking about your proposal in general.  In my experience, it is usually good to look at other games or sports to see if we can find similar rules.  Can you think of any?  Like in baseball, hockey, tennis, basketball and etc, do teams examine each other’s gear before play?
Well that’s different. For the sports you listed, and other things in general it’s people running around and scoring goals or hitting balls, there’s no need to examine gear 
But in beyblade it’s about 2 bladers who selected combinations made up of parts, choosing launch angles and what not, letting it tip into a stadium. There is not a need to examine parts but the reason I made this proposal is that examining your opponents bey could be useful in finding out how far their driver is awakened, their mode, and other things I listed in the first post which I forgot as of now.

How about racing cars, bikes, or boats then?
(Nov. 06, 2021  9:50 PM)Shindog Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2021  9:49 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Well that’s different. For the sports you listed, and other things in general it’s people running around and scoring goals or hitting balls, there’s no need to examine gear 

How about racing cars, bikes, or boats then?
That’s also different, but more similiar than the ones listed before. These sports do require vehicles which could be represented as combos, and each of those vehicles have parts. But in those sports the racer which in this case is the Blader is still in control of the vehicle. In beyblade you are in control of everything up until the moment your bey falls off your launcher. I’m not saying bladers don’t contribute anything because everything before pulling the string is important, just that you are no longer in control after pulling the string so it’s helpful to be able to confirm your strategy if that makes sense.
I don't get it. The judge is already supposed to inspect the Beyblade of both bladers for problems and issues. Why does the opponent need to inspect it? They don't. If they have a question about modes or condition of the opponents bey, they can ask. The last thing I want is for an opponent to intentionally grind down my layer's teeth, and I don't intend to give them the opportunity. Keep your hands off your opponent's bey, leave the judge to figure out whether or not everything is fine.
(Nov. 06, 2021  9:53 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2021  9:50 PM)Shindog Wrote: How about racing cars, bikes, or boats then?
That’s also different, but more similiar than the ones listed before. These sports do require vehicles which could be represented as combos, and each of those vehicles have parts. But in those sports the racer which in this case is the Blader is still in control of the vehicle. In beyblade you are in control of everything up until the moment your bey falls off your launcher. I’m not saying bladers don’t contribute anything because everything before pulling the string is important, just that you are no longer in control after pulling the string so it’s helpful to be able to confirm your strategy if that makes sense.

I fail to see the difference here to be honest.  But okay, how about archery and sport shooting?  Is that close enough?

Also, you don’t think footwear can affect how players might be able move/stop?

I mentioned this earlier too:  Some early beys can be so fragile that they can literally break on disassembly and assembly if not done correctly.  It is one thing if they break in battle, but should they break during this player inspection, who is responsible financially?
(Nov. 06, 2021  9:58 PM)Shindog Wrote:
(Nov. 06, 2021  9:53 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: That’s also different, but more similiar than the ones listed before. These sports do require vehicles which could be represented as combos, and each of those vehicles have parts. But in those sports the racer which in this case is the Blader is still in control of the vehicle. In beyblade you are in control of everything up until the moment your bey falls off your launcher. I’m not saying bladers don’t contribute anything because everything before pulling the string is important, just that you are no longer in control after pulling the string so it’s helpful to be able to confirm your strategy if that makes sense.

I fail to see the difference here to be honest.  But okay, how about archery and sport shooting?  Is that close enough?

Also, you don’t think footwear can affect how players might be able move/stop?

I mentioned this earlier too:  Some early beys can be so fragile that they can literally break on disassembly and assembly if not done correctly.  It is one thing if they break in battle, but should they break during this player inspection, who is responsible financially?
Good point, and after reading DeceasedCrabs post I am starting to doubt wether this should be a rule. I personally still think it should be, but there’s also a part of me on the other side of that perspective now.
So from reading all of this I think I see what TheRogueBlader is trying to say, but it’s not coming out correctly. I think he was mostly thinking that he wants to see the opponents combo more than anything else and then it all got to complicated with the disassemble part of his rule.

As DeceasedCrab said I wouldn’t want someone clicking the teeth to my bey and putting more wear and tear on them than they already get. However, if this rule was a standard inspection where you give the opponent a little time to just see what parts you are using and maybe even get a feel of the overall weight of the bey. Sure I can agree with that. It would be a lot more interesting to look at the bey you are gonna go against (not disassemble it) and see the exact parts they are using. Maybe event take notes on how worn down their driver tip is or maybe notice weather their 2D or Savior blade is awakened, and even see what modes they are in.

And as for comparing this to other games as Shindog said. I do know in most card games you are allowed to know things like how many cards are in your opponents deck, side deck, extra deck (for yugioh). Also you always get to shuffle and cut your opponents deck.

And if it was just a quick inspection without disassembling the bey, that can easily be used through all formats.
I agree a quick look can be easily done without actually handling the Opponent’s bey very much at all.  The players do reveal the beys to each other anyway.  However, the initial proposal sounds to me more like taking your opponent’s TCG deck and counting how copies of what cards are in the deck and sideboard.
(Nov. 07, 2021  3:11 AM)CrisisCrusher07 Wrote: So from reading all of this I think I see what TheRogueBlader is trying to say, but it’s not coming out correctly. I think he was mostly thinking that he wants to see the opponents combo more than anything else and then it all got to complicated with the disassemble part of his rule.

As DeceasedCrab said I wouldn’t want someone clicking the teeth to my bey and putting more wear and tear on them than they already get. However, if this rule was a standard inspection where you give the opponent a little time to just see what parts you are using and maybe even get a feel of the overall weight of the bey. Sure I can agree with that. It would be a lot more interesting to look at the bey you are gonna go against (not disassemble it) and see the exact parts they are using. Maybe event take notes on how worn down their driver tip is or maybe notice weather their 2D or Savior blade is awakened, and even see what modes they are in.

And as for comparing this to other games as Shindog said. I do know in most card games you are allowed to know things like how many cards are in your opponents deck, side deck, extra deck (for yugioh). Also you always get to shuffle and cut your opponents deck.

And if it was just a quick inspection without disassembling the bey, that can easily be used through all formats.
I agree. I guess the disassembly part just makes the beys get more worn then they already do, plus for different generations bursting/separation of parts is different. I’ll edit the Ruleset in the first post to make disassembly unallowed, but yeah you could definitely still see the armor and whatnot without disassembly.
Two of my plastics combos contain parts that I could potentially sell for up to $1000 each. I will present them to a judge, my opponent will not touch them. Sorry.

We already have judge inspection. In addition, I use a Metal driver on my guilty combo. I don't want it to be mashed by someone disassembling and reassembling unnecessarily. We already have judges inspect it and we can trust our judges to do so in a fair and thorough manner. I don't see the point. If you think there is something wrong with your opponents beyblade (which has happened) you can even ask a judge to check it out.

If we are not disassembling, then what are you hoping to see?
I do not see the point of this proposal. Doesn't the WBO already have a rule regarding this? As far as I am aware there is a rule that the Judge has to inspect the beys. So I cant possibly see the value of the opponent also checking the beys ( unless you want to just copy the anime?).
(Nov. 07, 2021  4:23 AM)th!nk Wrote: If we are not disassembling, then what are you hoping to see?
I know we can just ask “what mode are you in again?” but maybe by examining your opponents bey you could see other things like their driver state of wear, maybe they’re using a lord base and their stoppers are worn, other small details that can’t really be answered by just asking questions. 
An argument to this could be made by a Blader just asking, “can I see your bey for a second”? And they don’t have to ask if they don’t feel the need to. 
I created this proposal just out of an idea I thought about, I’m not 100% expecting it to be applied or anything, I just wanted to see what everyone thought about it. And if you read my post earlier I said this “[font="Source Sans Pro", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]after reading DeceasedCrabs post I am starting to doubt wether this should be a rule. I personally still think it should be, but there’s also a part of me on the other side of that perspective now”[/font]
You really don't need that level of information to blade effectively. Goodness, back in the day people used to hide their Beyblade to obscure view until it left the launcher. People really seem to want way too much help these days. For me, figuring out what my opponent was doing and what their setup is then launching to counter it round 2 was one of the most interesting parts of competitive play.
(Nov. 07, 2021  5:47 AM)th!nk Wrote: You really don't need that level of information to blade effectively. Goodness, back in the day people used to hide their Beyblade to obscure view until it left the launcher. People really seem to want way too much help these days. For me, figuring out what my opponent was doing and what their setup is then launching to counter it round 2 was one of the most interesting parts of competitive play.
I’m not saying you need it to blade effectively. I’m merely considering it as an option for people who like to strategize more early on. That’s why I said earlier that I’m starting to doubt wether it should be a rule as well. I just made this proposal out of a thought that came to mind and wanted to se how people liked or didn’t like it.
As I see it disassembling the bey is pointless. The only thing hidden there is tooth status, which isn't much of a concern in Standard where bursts are rare to begin with. In older formats it could cause damage to your opponents equipment, especially Classic where some beys have particularly fragile teeth already. No, these are formats where you have to figure that out.

For everything else, just ask. Is your opponent using Variable? No harm in asking for them to flip their bey over to take a look, but you don't need to touch it to tell how worn it is. Forget a bey your opponent has in their deck? Once again, just ask.
(Nov. 07, 2021  4:51 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: As I see it disassembling the bey is pointless. The only thing hidden there is tooth status, which isn't much of a concern in Standard where bursts are rare to begin with. In older formats it could cause damage to your opponents equipment, especially Classic where some beys have particularly fragile teeth already. No, these are formats where you have to figure that out.

For everything else, just ask. Is your opponent using Variable? No harm in asking for them to flip their bey over to take a look, but you don't need to touch it to tell how worn it is. Forget a bey your opponent has in their deck? Once again, just ask.
Please read through the thread and you’ll find where we already came to the conclusion that dissasembly shoulndt be allowed. If you did read through the thread you would’ve also found that I said I was doubting wether it should be a rule too. Wow, whenever someone makes a proposal about something some people just immediately shut it down and don’t even look through the thread to see what has already been concluded.
A compromise to this rule may be, (excluding deck format) to inspect your opponent's Beyblade without disassembly. I'm just thinking out loud.
(Nov. 07, 2021  5:09 PM)JCE_13 Wrote: A compromise to this rule may be, (excluding deck format) to inspect your opponent's Beyblade without disassembly. I'm just thinking out loud.

Yeah that’s the conclusion we came to earlier in the thread. I think that could work out pretty well, but others don’t seem to agree.
(Nov. 07, 2021  5:09 PM)JCE_13 Wrote: A compromise to this rule may be, (excluding deck format) to inspect your opponent's Beyblade without disassembly. I'm just thinking out loud.

Not necessarily saying I agree with myself (I know, I know) but this would just be a compromise since it seems like not everyone agrees with disassembly.
(Nov. 07, 2021  5:19 PM)JCE_13 Wrote:

Not necessarily saying I agree with myself (I know, I know) but this would just be a compromise since it seems like not everyone agrees with disassembly.
Isn’t that what is happening though? I’m confused. What compromise do you mean?