[Takara Tomy]  Maximum Garuda Testing/Discussion

Maximum Garuda Testing

So yeah...

You know how people on on the B-87 and Tournament Winning Combos threads talked about how mG was a beast? Well, I decided to put it through proper testing, and, well...

oh my god valkyrie

Maximum Garuda 4Glaive Atomic vs. Drain Fafnir Polish Atomic

Maximum Garuda 4Glaive Atomic vs. Drain Fafnir 4Glaive Atomic

Maximum Garuda 4Glaive Atomic vs. Alter Chronos 2Cross Atomic

Maximum Garuda 4Glaive Atomic vs. Blaze Ragnaruk 4Glaive Atomic

Maximum Garuda 4Glaive Atomic vs. Lost Longinus 7Glaive Hold

Maximum Garuda 4Glaive Atomic vs. Dark Deathscyther Spread Defense

In conclusion, everyone is right and Maximum Garuda is a monster. It's like an Odin with better stamina that you don't have to weak-launch. It's crazy.
I would have also done proper testing with A2 or gK, but I only own A2 and my Revolve is ancient, so... rip me

I also ran some tests on Legend Spriggan, but that'll have to wait for now. Just lower your expectations for now, I guess.
TJ, your awesome. Well I expected that mG destory stamina types completely but D2SD . If it now beats attackers, #BanIt

If possible, can you try doing a quick test of mG on other drivers? Especially Yeilding and Revolve and Defence? Seeing its so wide I expect it to able to absorb hits more effectively so it won't be problem to put this on Yelding. It can get under and above other layers too using it

How it does against Odin? And bR (In theory it might hold up well)
(Jul. 29, 2017  6:43 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: If possible, can you try doing a quick test of mG on other drivers? Especially Yeilding and Revolve and Defence? Seeing its so wide I expect it to able to absorb hits more effectively so it won't be problem to put this on Yelding. It can get under and above other layers too using it

I don't actually own an Odin (odin and wyvern have evaded my shopping list for some reason, haha), but since Odin's stamina is around dF's, then through the transitive property it makes sense for mG to have better stamina, I guess? I need to actually test the two. As for bR, i did test it in the original post and it got destroyed every round stamina-wise.

Idk if testing it on other drivers would be worth it unless Atomic is banned, it's too good for every situation. I assume it's performance would still be good on Revolve and Orbit, though.
Yikes... this thing is a beast. I'm pretty sure this is TT's solution to dF.
(Jul. 29, 2017  7:11 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Yikes... this thing is a beast. I'm pretty sure this is TT's solution to dF.

It is never a solution when you just introduce another problem by doing so, especially such a bigger problem, in this case. 

I was in Japan until yesterday and in the only store I found that carried Beyblades from Burst, a Toys "R" Us, they only had up to Alter Chronos for some reason. However, seeing those results, I do not even regret not trying harder to find other shops, because there is just no way this does not get banned...
(Jul. 29, 2017  7:54 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2017  7:11 PM)Suzaku-X Wrote: Yikes... this thing is a beast. I'm pretty sure this is TT's solution to dF.

It is never a solution when you just introduce another problem by doing so, especially such a bigger problem, in this case. 

I was in Japan until yesterday and in the only store I found that carried Beyblades from Burst, a Toys "R" Us, they only had up to Alter Chronos for some reason. However, seeing those results, I do not even regret not trying harder to find other shops, because there is just no way this does not get banned...

I'm not saying this is a foolproof solution hah... TT has this power creep going on that I really don't like. If this thing destroys D2, dF, AND bR, we have a problem
For sure, whoever disliked Zero-G for the supposed "power creeps" it had, this is clearly way worse. It makes you want to already not buy Maximum Garuda because you know it will have to be banned anyway. So, worse interest in the game, and stupidity in the creation process...
(Jul. 29, 2017  7:59 PM)Kai-V Wrote: For sure, whoever disliked Zero-G for the supposed "power creeps" it had, this is clearly way worse. It makes you want to already not buy Maximum Garuda because you know it will have to be banned anyway. So, worse interest in the game, and stupidity in the creation process...

Exactly. Unlike Zero-G, attack here is flat out worthless. mG is a perfect Trypio, and Atomic is also part of the problem in this meta. Burst is just going down a sinkhole. What's worse, this and RBV 6 are gonna be steep in price for a bit, but 7 will be near worthless after this is banned.
(Jul. 29, 2017  6:56 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2017  6:43 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: If possible, can you try doing a quick test of mG on other drivers? Especially Yeilding and Revolve and Defence? Seeing its so wide I expect it to able to absorb hits more effectively so it won't be problem to put this on Yelding. It can get under and above other layers too using it

I don't actually own an Odin (odin and wyvern have evaded my shopping list for some reason, haha), but since Odin's stamina is around dF's, then through the transitive property it makes sense for mG to have better stamina, I guess? I need to actually test the two. As for bR, i did test it in the original post and it got destroyed every round stamina-wise.

Idk if testing it on other drivers would be worth it unless Atomic is banned, it's too good for every situation. I assume it's performance would still be good on Revolve and Orbit, though.

Oh no problem. Thats true as its so good on At it might not need any other dirver. But who knows due to using Yelding instead, it would resist bursting better (L2) or can be launched at faster speed safely.

BTW how it does against lS if you tried against it? And other attacker?
i heard mG can be bursted by round layers which rub more against it so theory wise K2 or wyvern on a calm driver should be good against it
(Jul. 29, 2017  11:34 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Oh no problem. Thats true as its so good on At it might not need any other dirver. But who knows due to using Yelding instead, it would resist bursting better (L2) or can be launched at faster speed safely.

BTW how it does against lS if you tried against it? And other attacker?

Honestly mG doesn't need the help. It does fine resisting burst as-is and L2 isn't that big of a problem for it.

I did test lS against it and it was, well... lower your expectations for when that thread drops. The only other good attack layers I have are I2 and Roktavor, but Roktavor does pretty poorly and i don't want it to break my only I2. :^)

mG/atomic ban wen
i have a feeling that chaos might do good against it
I'm so done with this trash meta game. There's always something else that's broken after one thing has been fixed.
Thanks for the testing, TrainiacJ!

I am certainly concerned after seeing these results, but I'm excited to get mine this week finally and do some tests of my own. I'll be more concerned if it can beat something like gK.H.R.
Trust me when nightmare Longinus comes out of seig xclabur this stanmina rules beyblade will all be over
(Jul. 30, 2017  4:23 AM)Red Eye Wrote: Trust me when nightmare Longinus comes out of seig xclabur this stanmina rules beyblade will all be over

Don't we literally have no idea what those Beyblades look like yet? (I was in Japan enjoying life, so I might be wrong hah.) In any case, Xeno Xcalibur and several other Attack Layers were disappointments and did not exactly create a precedent for you to use as rule.
One other thing I wanted to mention: I know the situation with Maximum Garudas appears bleak at the moment–and maybe it really is–but we all need to be more careful with jumping immediately to conclusions and throwing the word "ban" around so lightly before many tournaments with it have been played, or before even key testing match-ups like it versus Revolve combos have been posted. This exact same thing happened with Drain Fafnir a few months ago, and while it certainly is still powerful, we are progressively finding more counters to it (not even including mG itself).
(Jul. 29, 2017  7:54 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It is never a solution when you just introduce another problem by doing so, especially such a bigger problem, in this case. 
I think it was possibly meant to be a solution to dF, since they made it near toothless in an attempt to balance it out. Obviously it didn't work so well.
(Jul. 29, 2017  7:59 PM)Kai-V Wrote: For sure, whoever disliked Zero-G for the supposed "power creeps" it had, this is clearly way worse. It makes you want to already not buy Maximum Garuda because you know it will have to be banned anyway. So, worse interest in the game, and stupidity in the creation process...
I think Drain Fafnir and Maximum Garuda might be worse because it ruins the fun of Burst beyblade, though Zero G's powerful synchromes still weren't that fun either.

I think A2 or gK might be the only chance of being mG counters and while I've heard they did okay against mG, they are also not reliable. But we'll have to see once someone tests it out.
(Jul. 30, 2017  5:32 AM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2017  7:54 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It is never a solution when you just introduce another problem by doing so, especially such a bigger problem, in this case. 
I think it was possibly meant to be a solution to dF, since they made it near toothless in an attempt to balance it out. Obviously it didn't work so well.
I think Drain Fafnir and Maximum Garuda might be worse because it ruins the fun of Burst beyblade, though Zero G's powerful synchromes still weren't that fun either.

I think A2 or gK might be the only chance of being mG counters and while I've heard they did okay against mG, they are also not reliable. But we'll have to see once someone tests it out.

i would say Other round layers such as wyvern,K2 and chaos migh also have a chance
(Jul. 30, 2017  5:50 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: i would say Other round layers such as wyvern,K2 and chaos migh also have a chance
Well, this might not mean too much but I saw stock mG get bursted a lot by K2GR, and gKLP bursted stock mG twice in Maruttis video. Also a quick video of gK4CAt vs mG4CAt, both won once by outspin and drew once. Again it's not a reliable enough source but I thought it was all worth noting. I'm hoping the tests show the performances better.
(Jul. 30, 2017  3:35 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: I'm so done with this trash meta game. There's always something else that's broken after one thing has been fixed.

Honestly, I do not blame you for that.

Thinking about it, we have dominating parts in both brands, and neither of which give attack-types a chance, to my knowledge.
(Jul. 30, 2017  6:52 AM)MystMotone101 Wrote:
(Jul. 30, 2017  3:35 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: I'm so done with this trash meta game. There's always something else that's broken after one thing has been fixed.

Honestly, I do not blame you for that.

Thinking about it, we have dominating parts in both brands, and neither of which give attack-types a chance, to my knowledge.

I recall MFB having two or three banned parts by the end of it's run, but Burst hasn't even reached the end of it's run yet and it had Odin, D2, Deathscyther (I think?) and potentially dF and mG. MFB if I recall had Libra and F230.
Explain to me how mG is a problem and atomic is not
(Jul. 30, 2017  9:53 AM)Limetka Wrote: Explain to me how mG is a problem and atomic is not

Maybe the fact is the layer is COMPLETELY CIRCULAR
(Jul. 30, 2017  9:53 AM)Limetka Wrote: Explain to me how mG is a problem and atomic is not

both are big problems