[Takara Tomy]  Maximum Garuda Testing/Discussion

(Aug. 10, 2017  2:36 PM)Bastillon Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2017  2:26 PM)Kai-V Wrote: ~Mana~ posted some highly contrasting results in the Legend Spriggan topic, from what I recall. Always look at all tests posted in a topic, not just those in the first message.
This would be terribly inefficient for test results with way too many messages, and is also the reason why I try to gather all test results posted in my own threads into the OP. No one likes to scroll through multiple pages just to scramble for one critical test result, and this is exactly the problem with the competitive burst combo thread.
Back on topic, I'm a bit skeptical about lS now, although this is kind of expected given mG's apparently superior position so far. Still, can someone post test results against gK? Although I personally don't have it (and a lot of other people probably don't either), I'm still a bit curious.

Mana's test results were literally 3 posts below the OP on the first and only page of that thread.
(Aug. 11, 2017  12:24 AM)Shaady Wrote: Mana's test results were literally 3 posts below the OP on the first and only page of that thread.
I know, and I guess I had pretty high hopes on the OP. Apparently, I've overlooked the test result. Still, it's generally not a good arrangement if test results are always separated by multiple messages. It's fine currently, but eventually it'll get really messy.
And as I was looking at the test result, there seems to be two major factors in play here, namely the mold of the chip and the condition of the Xtreme driver. Maybe the launcher has a slight influence, but I doubt it though. Also, it was mentioned in the OP that lS7VX had been successful in tournaments and presumably scoring a lot of good hits against mG. Judging from the video from 1234beyblade and Mana's test results, the main problem seems to be a worn Xtreme driver. They'll have to try a different launch angle if they want to score good hits against mG. Not sure if TrainiacJ's chip mold is especially weak or anything, but I'd say that this is the only solid test result available. However, for tournament play, I think the other two test results would be better, since not everyone has the best launch angles and there are a lot of other factors in play.
(Aug. 11, 2017  2:05 AM)Bastillon Wrote:
(Aug. 11, 2017  12:24 AM)Shaady Wrote: Mana's test results were literally 3 posts below the OP on the first and only page of that thread.
I know, and I guess I had pretty high hopes on the OP. Apparently, I've overlooked the test result. Still, it's generally not a good arrangement if test results are always separated by multiple messages. It's fine currently, but eventually it'll get really messy.
And as I was looking at the test result, there seems to be two major factors in play here, namely the mold of the chip and the condition of the Xtreme driver. Maybe the launcher has a slight influence, but I doubt it though. Also, it was mentioned in the OP that lS7VX had been successful in tournaments and presumably scoring a lot of good hits against mG. Judging from the video from 1234beyblade and Mana's test results, the main problem seems to be a worn Xtreme driver. They'll have to try a different launch angle if they want to score good hits against mG. Not sure if TrainiacJ's chip mold is especially weak or anything, but I'd say that this is the only solid test result available. However, for tournament play, I think the other two test results would be better, since not everyone has the best launch angles and there are a lot of other factors in play.

I'm sorry but it is not the responsibility of the thread creator to go through and list the test results of other contributors in their OP. If you don't want to be bothered reading through all the contributions to a thread then you have no right to complain about missing information. BTW the mold of the chip was not a factor affecting Mana's test results as she was using the stock mG god chip as was TraniacJ.
(Aug. 11, 2017  4:30 AM)Shaady Wrote: I'm sorry but it is not the responsibility of the thread creator to go through and list the test results of other contributors in their OP. If you don't want to be bothered reading through all the contributions to a thread then you have no right to complain about missing information. BTW the mold of the chip was not a factor affecting Mana's test results as she was using the stock mG god chip as was TraniacJ.
First, I've already acknowledged the fact that I overlooked the test result, and that is not something I want to start an argument on. I merely suggested an alternative option in organizing test results in a more user-friendly manner. It's up to the thread creators themselves to decide how to organize their own threads.
Also, no one actually knows what is wrong with these test results, and the only other factor that I found was mold difference besides Xtreme issues. The reason why I think this could be a potential factor is the fact that Xtreme launches wouldn't normally have too much of an impact. If the driver is the culprit, then there shouldn't be a 50% win rate difference. There has to be something else. Assuming that everyone has a good launch, then the only plausible reason I can come up with would be a bad Atomic driver (since the evasion can avoid a lot of good hits), and a bad mold. Since there is an entire video demonstrating mold difference,  and considering the possibility that identical beys can be made from different molds (I got two D2s with one A3 mold and one A1 mold), I went with that idea.
For what it’s worth, the Xtreme I used wasn’t overly worn (I didn’t use the same one I use in events), and I didn’t swap God Chips out at all.

I’m happy to redo that test with a fresh Xtreme as I still have two of them unused but I’m somewhat confident that the result would just be more of the same honestly. I’ll do them tomorrow regardless.

And to throw it out there, I don’t think it’s any overcomplicated reason like mold differences either...
To recap my first test of this matchup:

(Aug. 03, 2017  8:28 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: Legend Spriggan 7Vortex Xtreme (Right) vs Maximum Garuda 4Glaive Atomic
lS: 0OS, 3KO, 1 BF (4 total wins)
mG: 15OS, 0KO, 1 BF (16 total wins)
lS Winning Percentage: 20%
(Bursts caused by KOs have been marked as KOs)

And this test...

Legend Spriggan 7Vortex Xtreme (Right) VS Maximum Garuda 4Glaive Atomic
lS: 6 (0OS, 4KO, 2 BF)
mG: 14 (10OS, 3KO, 1 BF)
Combo Winning Percentage: 30%
(Bursts caused by KOs have been marked as KOs)

I don't really know what more I can say. For the record, mG was always launched first, both combos had their stock God Chips, all parts used were brand new and previously unused with exception to the Layers. Sliding Shoots were performed, and most were derailed after one or two hits.

Combos with Xtreme are still what I'd do with against mG, but I don't think lS is anything special against mG in this case. Would I use lS against mG? Maybe, but I'd much sooner hop over to L2_X or VKN for attacking it right now.
I'll rek that thing with my god valkrie we have been training
Can somebody please test Maximum Garuda and Alter Chronos with Guard?
I've gone back and done a couple rounds of I27VX against mG4GAt, and I've found I2 is capable of bursting mG consistantly. I'll post a proper scored test some time soon, but I figured I should man up and test I2 despite the breakage risk, haha.

(Aug. 11, 2017  11:48 PM)TL14 Wrote: Can somebody please test Maximum Garuda and Alter Chronos with Guard?

I am planning on doing tests for Guard and the rest of the new August parts, it's just a matter of when they arrive here. I think Guard would work well for them though...
Hopefully mG being super rounded means less likely to break I2.
(Aug. 11, 2017  11:58 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: I've gone back and done a couple rounds of I27VX against mG4GAt, and I've found I2 is capable of bursting mG consistantly. I'll post a proper scored test some time soon, but I figured I should man up and test I2 despite the breakage risk, haha.

(Aug. 11, 2017  11:48 PM)TL14 Wrote: Can somebody please test Maximum Garuda and Alter Chronos with Guard?

I am planning on doing tests for Guard and the rest of the new August parts, it's just a matter of when they arrive here. I think Guard would work well for them though...

I think guard will be good for spin equalizing as for garuda i think atomic also plays a big role in making it op
(Jul. 29, 2017  7:59 PM)Kai-V Wrote: For sure, whoever disliked Zero-G for the supposed "power creeps" it had, this is clearly way worse. It makes you want to already not buy Maximum Garuda because you know it will have to be banned anyway. So, worse interest in the game, and stupidity in the creation process...

I would buy it if I could but neither in ebay or toys r us are selling it, ah, I do not want it for competitive, just for playing with my brother but I cant!!!
JESUS CRACKERS!!! The metagame is sooooo broken right now. Seriously. I just found out the most metagame breaking combo ever. It's Maximum Garuda 4-Glaive Guard. I wanted to try Guard out on MG since its leak and here you go. It won 20 to 0 against Alter Chronos 7-Meteor Atomic and there was only one double spin finish. I didn't even have to weak launch or use a different God Chip on Maximum Garuda. It never bursted... ever!!! Maximum Garuda is soo op. I will be posting more battle results soon.
(Aug. 18, 2017  6:33 PM)TL14 Wrote: JESUS CRACKERS!!! The metagame is sooooo broken right now. Seriously. I just found out the most metagame breaking combo ever. It's Maximum Garuda 4-Glaive Guard. I wanted to try Guard out on MG since its leak and here you go. It won 20 to 0 against Alter Chronos 7-Meteor Atomic and there was only one double spin finish. I didn't even have to weak launch or use a different God Chip on Maximum Garuda. It never bursted... ever!!! Maximum Garuda is soo op. I will be posting more battle results soon.

I don't have Guard yet, but I can't imagine Guardian Kerbeus Heavy Revolve losing to Maximum Garuda 4 Glaive Guard.

7 Meteor also isn't the best disk for Alter Chronos (I would say 4 Glaive or 2 Cross is), but in any case, mG is known to be able to OS aC.
(Aug. 18, 2017  6:41 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Aug. 18, 2017  6:33 PM)TL14 Wrote: JESUS CRACKERS!!! The metagame is sooooo broken right now. Seriously. I just found out the most metagame breaking combo ever. It's Maximum Garuda 4-Glaive Guard. I wanted to try Guard out on MG since its leak and here you go. It won 20 to 0 against Alter Chronos 7-Meteor Atomic and there was only one double spin finish. I didn't even have to weak launch or use a different God Chip on Maximum Garuda. It never bursted... ever!!! Maximum Garuda is soo op. I will be posting more battle results soon.

I don't have Guard yet, but I can't imagine Guardian Kerbeus Heavy Revolve losing to Maximum Garuda 4 Glaive Guard.

7 Meteor also isn't the best disk for Alter Chronos (I would say 4 Glaive or 2 Cross is), but in any case, mG is known to be able to OS aC.

I will probably get Guardian Kerbeus next month so I can do tests then. I'll test Maximum Garuda .4G.Gr against Drain Fafnir .4G.At and Legend Spriggan .7M.X soon when I have enough time. I'll upload a raw testing video of Maximum Garuda 4-Glaive Guard as soon as possible.
(Aug. 18, 2017  6:41 PM)Kei Wrote:

Yeah, Guardian Kerbeus on Revolve can very easily outspin Maximum Garuda on Guard, especially considering Guard isn't too great to begin with...
(Aug. 18, 2017  8:46 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote:
(Aug. 18, 2017  6:41 PM)Kei Wrote: I don't have Guard yet, but I can't imagine Guardian Kerbeus Heavy Revolve losing to Maximum Garuda 4 Glaive Guard.

Yeah, Guardian Kerbeus on Revolve can very easily outspin Maximum Garuda on Guard, especially considering Guard isn't too great to begin with...

I think it might be due to his launch (which is really fast and a Circle bey + Ball tip at fast speed is destablization monster).
Exceed Evileye 2Vortex Trans vs. Maximum Garuda 7Glaive Atomic

Exceed Evileye 2Vortex Iron vs. Maximum Garuda 7Glaive Atomic

Notes:
  • After seeing that Nashizoku video, I knew this had to be tested with actual competitive parts as opposed to the stock combos used in that video.
  • I used Trans in the first test because I had aC disassembled at the time and I think it worked alright. I used Iron because I needed to test it anyway. TBH I think these results could be replicated with Accel, Zephyr, or maybe even Reboot too.
  • I used 2 because... actually I didn't have a reason, lol. Vortex I felt would work better than Meteor here because Vortex is three-sided. I'm sure you could get better results with 7Vortex, but I only have one 7, so... :^).
  • I made sure to weak launch mG, too. Also, I'm not sure if this is public knowledge yet, but 7 is better than 4 for stamina. So that's one for the Wikis, I guess...
  • E2 being a hard counter to mG feels like a cosmic joke.
so yeah
what do you mean by Cosmic joke? though thanks for test. does E2 works against aC too?
(Oct. 09, 2017  5:38 PM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: what do you mean by Cosmic joke? though thanks for test. does E2 works against aC too?

Honestly I don't think anyone should even consider using E2 against anything but mG. The shape is just right to latch on and burst mG, but not much else. E2's teeth are a huge hinderance to it's performance at anything else, so if you put E2 up against anything with even a shred of Burst Resistance, it's practically forfeit.
This is literally not possible, what magic does E2 have?
(Oct. 09, 2017  5:15 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: [*]I made sure to weak launch mG, too, just in case you're a tryhard and care about that. Also, I'm not sure if this is public knowledge yet, but 7 is better than 4 for stamina. So that's one for the Wikis, I guess...
[*]
this is a huge shock till now i thought and also wrote in some drafts that stamina wise 4/8 is superior to 7.could u test 4 8 and 7 for stamina to compare the,m and tell us which disk is best for pure stamina.
(Oct. 09, 2017  5:52 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2017  5:15 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: [*]I made sure to weak launch mG, too, just in case you're a tryhard and care about that. Also, I'm not sure if this is public knowledge yet, but 7 is better than 4 for stamina. So that's one for the Wikis, I guess...
[*]
this is a huge shock till now i thought and also wrote in some drafts that stamina wise 4/8 is superior to 7.could u test 4 8 and 7 for stamina to compare the,m and tell us which disk is best for pure stamina.
[*]

7 > 4 > 8. I don't think 8 is worth testing since it bursts more than 4 and 7, but 7 outclasses 4 for spin time and also has good burst resistance. So not only is 7 the best disc for attack, but also the best for everything else. It's basically a Heavy that can wear a hat.

what a balanced metagame
(Oct. 09, 2017  7:00 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: [*]7 > 4 > 8. I don't think 8 is worth testing since it bursts more than 4 and 7, but 7 outclasses 4 for spin time and also has good burst resistance. So not only is 7 the best disc for attack, but also the best for everything else. It's basically a Heavy that can wear a hat.

what a balanced metagame
[*]

Yea but this case is worse heavy was outclaswed by spread knuckle and gravity for stamina but 7 is just too op.does 7 has better stamina due to the fact it has more owd?also i heard that 7 bursts more than 4 is it true?
(Oct. 09, 2017  7:10 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote:
(Oct. 09, 2017  7:00 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: [*]7 > 4 > 8. I don't think 8 is worth testing since it bursts more than 4 and 7, but 7 outclasses 4 for spin time and also has good burst resistance. So not only is 7 the best disc for attack, but also the best for everything else. It's basically a Heavy that can wear a hat.

what a balanced metagame
[*]

Yea but this case is worse heavy was outclaswed by spread knuckle and gravity for stamina but 7 is just too op.does 7 has better stamina due to the fact it has more owd?also i heard that 7 bursts more than 4 is it true?

even I would really like to know these answers but make sure that this is mG thread and we are getting kinda off-topic