March of the Bladers [London, UK 26/03/11] - Regents Park

on
Hosted by
  Blitz
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

This tournament is now over.

The Videos -
Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjTyahXlXzU
Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AwEhgASd...ure=fvwrel

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's that time again -

Specific info:

When: 26th of March 11.30am until it finishes. (Tournament will start by 12.30 - 13:00pm) If you do turn up after 12.30 there is a chance you won't be able to take part!

Where: At Regents Park's bandstand
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=re...4&t=h&z=19
ControL_'s Guide

Directions to the bandstand:

OK heads up guys, you want to be taking the following buses that pass by (or are close): 13, 46, 82, 113, 187. The 13 and 46 are one stop away so walk around the edge of St Johns Wood high street. From here on, you wil lwant to enter the park via the entrance by the mosque. The Mosque is labelled on the linked map added on the OP.

Now train wise, you guys want to get the Jubilee line somewhat and get off at Bakers street (Jubilee, metropolitain, bakerloo and some more?). From bakers street station you want to walk down the road on the right of the entrance/exit for 50 metres, cross the small road and enter through the main of the parks entrances, you can't miss it! At this stage you will be at a duck/swan feeding area and on your immediate right is a big bridge. You want to go cross that bridge and when your across the 30 metre long bridge, you want to turn left and walk up that path. For about 100 metres walking straight following the path, you will reach the bandstand - easy! For this route you should use this map. (Bandstand at top middle, bridge is at the direct bottom : Route A

The other route, to get here you can get off at St Johns Wood station, get the bus 113/82/13 outside and take it for 2 stops to the mosque (then walk down hangover road to entrance). Enter through the hangover road entrance. From the entance you will see a largish playground, a pond; there are many kids yellow paddling boats here in this small pond, and across this pond is the boathouse cafe, a cafe. Route B map Looking at the map, you can see the pond. Walk down the outlined path hugging the lake. You should aim to walk all the way down that path till you reach the bridge as described in route A. Again walk up 100metres up the straight path and your there. - The bandstand is the small white circle in the bottom right of the link. Hangover road entrance is in the top right, to the right of that is the playground and the pond.

These are two easiest ways to get there via public transport and walking!

Tournament Format: Double Elimination - (Event Guide - http://worldbeyblade.org/eventguide.pdf )
(Due to having so many people turning up to the UK events we now have to use this format as battles take a long time to process and tournaments take far too long)

This is the WBO Standard format rule book(READ IT) - http://worldbeyblade.org/standardrules.pdf

Prices:
The regular price is £3
Or free If you have purchased a Blader Passport.
Which is available to buy on the day for £6
(Thanks to N for the template)

March of the Bladers Raffle!
Control_ and BladeStorm will be doing a raffle on the day to raise extra funds for the WBO.
Prices:
1 Raffle Ticket: £1
3 Raffle Tickets: £2
Time: Around 12.30pm
Prizes: ?

Remember if a parent/s is bringing you to the tournament to let them know that the times may vary! If you are only able to stay till a certain time, it's best that you only take part in the free battles!

Confirmed Attendees -
  • Blitz
  • LeeDraciel
  • Lihn004
  • Black Phoenix
  • Cor28
  • ShizzyShea
  • JJSonicKid
  • aron101
  • ThePokeBlader
  • Eclipse
  • Phantom_Blader
  • -Ksb-Uchiha-
  • Control_
  • Beyjun
  • hell kid
  • Raijin
  • Tarik125
  • Tormented
  • Madmuppet98
  • Vamp69
  • Bladestorm
  • a.k.a jake
  • kasiscool
  • killergeminos
  • flymewmincrew
  • Blader5691
  • RockL-Drago2866
  • BLAZING DRAGON
  • smg4life01
  • Wolf Typhoon
  • pamorlai
  • rentao
  • ultimate zero
  • hasan125
  • flamewolf
  • Golden Blade
  • TINY SPARKZ
  • beyblade247
  • Small
  • nine
  • phsyco
  • theBlader2011
  • AKStormT
  • Robloboy
  • DropoutBear
  • basalt77
  • KillerkidChaos7
  • Killerkidchaos
  • Cyber Kerberous
  • enzoxs
  • stormdragon
  • Ahmed
  • Kerbex Hero
  • Flamestorm96

Unconfirmed Attendees –
  • ROCK KID 125
  • Mephiles Dark
  • xHB SAUCEx
  • EpelepticTofu
  • RAW
  • oops I farted
  • EvilRyanBey

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Great weather here in Regents Park today - As you might know, i live very close to the area. No sign of rain, cloudy with bits of sun.

There won't be as much mud, it should be dry due to no rain for the past week or so.
Goody Grin

At 15:00 is when the weather climaxes at 14 degrees - When we're in the heat of the tournament itself.
I'm chillin on q bench by da bandstand, watchin sum ti chi by the bandstand, pls can dum1 come entertain me
(Mar. 26, 2011  11:14 AM)oops i farted Wrote: I'm chillin on q bench by da bandstand, watchin sum ti chi by the bandstand, pls can dum1 come entertain me
That's what you get for coming over an hour too early.

:s
Tourney finished 45 mins ago. ↲No second- third instead this time. Well done Blitz. ↲First - Blitz↲Second LeeDraciel↲Third - Me
That's Great, Too Bad you did not win Control_ Maybe next time!!
Also what were the Prizes??
You all have to keep us updated on how many participants came, at this point we are always on the border of another record-breaking number.
Thanks for the organisation team for this tournament! It couldn't have been done without you. I had a great time as always even though I didn't win any matches.

Congratulations to oops i farted for winning the raffle: Basalt Horogium NIB + Midnight Bull NIB. A very charitable man indeed!

Also a shout out to Beyblade247 who won Torch Aries in the raffle.

Aww poor Beyjun had a scratch on his cute face and still managed 2nd in his group.

Hope to see you soon!
thx blitz & lee for another awsome tourney, look 4ward to next tourney.

also a big thanx to control_ and bladestorm for a great raffle, i cant belive i wun a basalt horogium, lol

i look forward to next tourney and another cool raffle which i will win again, lol and i will be using my new basalt from 2day, also another thx to bladestorm and kevin for the good bey marketplace, lol

well done to all the participants of 2day, i look forward 2 beating u all at next tourney,

ps, kevin, u fail at beyblade (i won fair and square Tired) u had how many unfair rulings against me??? and wen u called draw against me, u really didnt want 2 face me, rofl, looooool, mabye it will be a fair game next time
We might have 4D beyblades in time for the next raffle. Eee
the tourney was great as always
i came third in my group
i could have beaten that guy (sorry dont know your name)
the weather was nice a bit of rain but it was nothing against our beyspirits XD
michael, im gunna buy like £20 of raffles, loooool
tournament was sweet
Im missing a Meteo L-Drago (With a 100 Track) If You Have It Please Pm Me. You Will Be Rewarded Thanks
@ oops I farted
How could you say this? Why the hell are you raging on a matter which includes you being completely wrong in every way. We even discussed to 2 more judges, Lee and Blitz both agreed you are only allowed one reshoot clause so get over it. You contacted someone elsee during launch = 1 reshoot early on. Your bey fell off at launch = round to me. You are only allowed one reshoot clause
- Furthermore I won 3-0 by a huge OS gap and you kept arguing with me as judge stalling for ages.

Get over it.

---------------------------
Low turnout of about 35 bladers - Which is still enough for double elimination (to keep Kai-V happy). I was happy to be able to judge double elimination. Luckily no bladers backed out so the situation was relatively easy for me and I hope despite some double losses (which were very few) ever had fun.

I guess third place and judging gets me 2 new faces for my repetoir.

Finals was done redone twice, we kept ending up with the same one loss one win situation haha Grin
Darn I had a chance to win it but too bad, i guess i'm still too new for tournaments to win one.
I had a a good time today! Managed to place first again after having to do the finals like three times haha. Also Raijin gave me a run for my money, managed to knock me into the losers block with his MF-H? Hell Kerbecs, but I bought it back again luckily haha.

Also well done to Lee for 2nd place and Kevin for 3rd. Can't forget Cyber Kerberous either who manged to come 4th. (Will have to send the prizes to Lee & Kevin when they arrive, PM me your addresses please!)

We didn't have as bigger turn out this time, we had 40 people take part today, which was a nice number to be honest haha.

Anyway Thanks to everyone that came, hope you all had a good time and hope to see you at the next one!
any one know when the next tournament and wat its rules example tag team tournament limited people tournament.............
(Mar. 26, 2011  9:23 PM)stormdragon Wrote: any one know when the next tournament and wat its rules example tag team tournament limited people tournament.............
One is being planned for the 14th which is limited, then an unlimited at the end of the month - If i have got this wrong, find Blitz/Lee.

Haha blitz; I too dropped into the losers bracket via my first game! Luckily I clawed it back. Beyjun was the one to give me the run for my money.
i had a great day even tough i lost long before the tourney finished i was so close to beating someone but i lost by a nano second
(Mar. 26, 2011  9:38 PM)ControL_ Wrote:
(Mar. 26, 2011  9:23 PM)stormdragon Wrote: any one know when the next tournament and wat its rules example tag team tournament limited people tournament.............
One is being planned for the 14th which is limited, then an unlimited at the end of the month - If i have got this wrong, find Blitz/Lee.

Haha blitz; I too dropped into the losers bracket via my first game! Luckily I clawed it back. Beyjun was the one to give me the run for my money.

The 16th actually. That would be in 20 days.
@ kevin
its kl, dnt take it 2 heart, its over, just kno ill beat u next time, lol, nd blitz did say re shoot but u disallowed it, but its koolio, loooool

also mabye block rond robin would b nice so we can rank up those all important points. i understand that isnt always possible because of turnout, Unhappy lol
@oops i farted
I had to correct him. Nothing unfair is getting past an official tournament. Don't ruin the calm fun atmosphere.
if u wanna hav a conversation bout dis pm me, this thread is gunna get clogged up, ,lol
its kl. no hard feelings
I was so close to qualifying to the finals! Oh yeah and the explosion of Flame Byxis was funny. Everybody cheered me after.
(Mar. 27, 2011  10:15 AM)Raijin Wrote: I was so close to qualifying to the finals! Oh yeah and the explosion of Flame Byxis was funny. Everybody cheered me after.

The Way The Crowed Shouted XD
(Mar. 27, 2011  10:15 AM)Raijin Wrote: I was so close to qualifying to the finals! Oh yeah and the explosion of Flame Byxis was funny. Everybody cheered me after.

Most of the people that shouted didn't even know what happened they just started shouting XD