Make your suggestions!

(Sep. 11, 2019  12:24 AM)Nate the Blader Wrote:
(Sep. 06, 2019  1:29 AM)BoogietheBlader Wrote: A few days ago, I had an idea. The idea was that the WBO got together all of their organizers to host a tournament in their area. The winner of each tournament gets a free spot in the finals at Anime North (or some other really big beyblade event). CitrusNinja3 had a similar idea to mine and I said that we should get planning. If there are any other organizers interested please PM me. We can make this happen!

That's a godly a idea. So like a wbo world championship right? Who would pay for the winners trip to anime north tho?

A go found me should be started. The money would go to the organizers for stadiums and the tickets for anime north. Also, since it is a championship, the fee could be raised to 10$ or there will be no prizes for the tournamen tournaments that the organizers hold and the fee would go to the tickets.
(Sep. 11, 2019  12:32 AM)BoogietheBlader Wrote:
(Sep. 11, 2019  12:24 AM)Nate the Blader Wrote: That's a godly a idea. So like a wbo world championship right? Who would pay for the winners trip to anime north tho?

A go found me should be started. The money would go to the organizers for stadiums and the tickets for anime north. Also, since it is a championship, the fee could be raised to 10$ or there will be no prizes for the tournamen tournaments that the organizers hold and the fee would go to the tickets.

That's a good idea. Once I become an organizer I'll definitely help out.
I think there should be an option to block out certain threads under certain tags or whatever you want to call them (FanFic, Answered, etc.). Specifically, CBTs. In order for this to work we’d need a CBT tag, which should be something easy (I think? I dunno, you were just able to add FanFic, Blog, etc. as available tags in Your Creations).

Then of course, there’d have to be something to block out the certain prefixes.

To make sure people use the correct tags when they should, I think a written warning for the first week or two would be good, then actual warnings could get handed out for those who don’t follow the theoretical rules.
(Apr. 29, 2020  12:43 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I think there should be an option to block out certain threads under certain tags or whatever you want to call them (FanFic, Answered, etc.). Specifically, CBTs. In order for this to work we’d need a CBT tag, which should be something easy (I think? I dunno, you were just able to add FanFic, Blog, etc. as available tags in Your Creations).

To make sure people use the correct tags when they should, I think a written warning for the first week or two would be good, then actual warnings could get handed out for those who don’t follow the theoretical rules.

A good feature along the lines of this would be new members would get a message in their WBO explaining tags and rules, etc.
(Apr. 29, 2020  10:48 PM)YishYash Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2020  12:43 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I think there should be an option to block out certain threads under certain tags or whatever you want to call them (FanFic, Answered, etc.). Specifically, CBTs. In order for this to work we’d need a CBT tag, which should be something easy (I think? I dunno, you were just able to add FanFic, Blog, etc. as available tags in Your Creations).

A good feature along the lines of this would be new members would get a message in their WBO explaining tags and rules, etc.
Yeah. Maybe it could be put in the community rules?
(Apr. 29, 2020  10:50 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2020  10:48 PM)YishYash Wrote: A good feature along the lines of this would be new members would get a message in their WBO explaining tags and rules, etc.
Yeah. Maybe it could be put in the community rules?

Yeah that would be a good decision.
Maybe we could expand the moderation team? The only two people that I see moderating are Mage and Crab, and Mage isn’t too active. So it’s pretty much just Crab. Sure, some might delete spam bot threads, and ban them, but Crab is really the only one moderating. So maybe more mods would help the forum posts look a little better and take some of the moderation responsibilities off of Crab.

These are just my thoughts, but if there’s something that I’m missing, please enlighten me.
Taking in mind all of these suggestions: Not sure if Im misunderstanding something here, but I do agree that new users should receive a personal message explaining rules and functions. Since the WBO website works with the forums code, may I ask if its possible to create bots whose jobs are to send automated welcome messages (with rules, etc.) to users? Other than that, I also agree that there should be an expansion in the mod team
(Aug. 07, 2020  8:31 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Maybe we could expand the moderation team? The only two people that I see moderating are Mage and Crab, and Mage isn’t too active. So it’s pretty much just Crab. Sure, some might delete spam bot threads, and ban them, but Crab is really the only one moderating. So maybe more mods would help the forum posts look a little better and take some of the moderation responsibilities off of Crab.

These are just my thoughts, but if there’s something that I’m missing, please enlighten me.

We can consider this! I'm curious to know how DeceasedCrab feels though. In terms of work load, do you feel like it would be a great benefit to have another moderator at this point?

(Aug. 07, 2020  9:47 PM)XSabxManiacX Wrote: Taking in mind all of these suggestions: Not sure if Im misunderstanding something here, but I do agree that new users should receive a personal message explaining rules and functions. Since the WBO website works with the forums code, may I ask if its possible to create bots whose jobs are to send automated welcome messages (with rules, etc.) to users? Other than that, I also agree that there should be an expansion in the mod team

WBO users do get an automatic welcome PM with various helpful links when they join.

In terms of explaining functions, I agree. We had a Help section before which included a page explaining things like this, but we never got around to updating it when we re-launched the site with a brand new design a few years ago. So it's something we need to–and will–look at updating and implementing again.
(Aug. 08, 2020  1:10 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Aug. 07, 2020  8:31 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Maybe we could expand the moderation team? The only two people that I see moderating are Mage and Crab, and Mage isn’t too active. So it’s pretty much just Crab. Sure, some might delete spam bot threads, and ban them, but Crab is really the only one moderating. So maybe more mods would help the forum posts look a little better and take some of the moderation responsibilities off of Crab.

We can consider this! I'm curious to know how DeceasedCrab feels though. In terms of work load, do you feel like it would be a great benefit to have another moderator at this point?
Yes. Especially with all of the new members, and how some of them can be a handful. I have a few people in mind who I think would be a great fit.
(Aug. 08, 2020  1:10 AM)Kei Wrote: We can consider this! I'm curious to know how DeceasedCrab feels though. In terms of work load, do you feel like it would be a great benefit to have another moderator at this point?

Yes. Cleaning up after redundant threads, rudeness, and all sorts of chaos is really more than I can or should handle myself. It would be great if more staff took care of that sort of thing. I occasionally see ~Mana~ delete a thread or two, and kj take action on spammers, but the vast majority of the more nuanced cleanup is being handled by me. And honestly, I'm not sure anyone's happy about that.
My suggestion would be that there should be a shift basis for moderators. Like one moderator should handle one timezone. It's not possible that a single moderator stays awake the whole day and cleans out the posts . Kudos to DeceasedCrab for whatever he has managed.
We're not really a 24 hour support organization. There are WBO members in Asia and Europe and Australia and such, but the vast majority aren't. And there's enough waking hours overlap. Shifts denote mandatory responsibility, and that just seems like overkill.
My suggestion is for a delete reply button. This could be useful because people commonly misplace replies in the wrong thread.
(Aug. 25, 2020  12:22 AM)6Jupiter5 Wrote: My suggestion is for a delete reply button. This could be useful because people commonly misplace replies in the wrong thread.

Yeah, that would be extremely useful.
A sub search or a search feature to only look in a certain area/forum. That would be both convenient and help for moderators to see if threads are in the wrong place and stuff like that.
(Aug. 30, 2020  4:10 PM)Master_chanter0 Wrote: A sub search or a search feature to only look in a certain area/forum.  That would be both convenient and help for moderators to see if threads are in the wrong place and stuff like that.

There’s already a filter for the search feature. But, it’s not like any of the newer members use it anyways.
Automatic delete for posts that are dormant for at least 9 months it should resolve the necroposting question
(Sep. 10, 2020  5:27 PM)Ali Baba Wrote: Automatic delete for posts that are dormant for at least 9 months it should resolve the necroposting question

I wouldn’t say delete but maybe a close is a better idea, but there are some threads in which I think necroposting should be allowed.
(Sep. 10, 2020  5:27 PM)Ali Baba Wrote: Automatic delete for posts that are dormant for at least 9 months it should resolve the necroposting question

But sometimes, I’ve been told, it’s better to necropost than to make a new thread. My suggestion: could the rules on that be a bit more clear? It seems sometimes you can sometimes you can’t, and I’ve seen people get yelled at for making a new thread or necroposting an old one
This goes without saying, but we need new mods.
(Sep. 10, 2020  5:56 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: This goes without saying, but we need new mods.

I totally agree with you on that one
(Sep. 10, 2020  5:56 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: This goes without saying, but we need new mods.

yeah i can totally agree with this. is Crab not a mod anymore? i noticed he didn't have the "Staff" tag anymore.

Edit: nvm i understand why Crab isnt a mod anymore.
Honestly i think that  superrobotkings gonna be a perfect persn to make a Staff he done so much for cominity g2_ can agree with me!  :)
(Sep. 26, 2020  11:51 PM)SunBlader98 Wrote: Honestly i think that  superrobotkings gonna be a perfect persn to make a Staff he done so much for cominity g2_ can agree with me!  Smile
I definitely agree.