MSF-L Balro Balro BD145MF

~~~~~MSF-L Balro Balro BD145MF~~~~~

[Image: 5a9PzhqofH_Ds8xAujpXdslfdFdzdG18YHjgy2la...46-h152-no]

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Hey guys! I haven't made a combination thread in like a month and a half... Um... Awkward. XD

Well, I spent a great deal of time and thought on this one, so I hope you like it!

The Concept:

Parts Choice:

The Launch:

Testing:

Counters:

Overall, I'd say this custom is extremely effective, and, as testing hopefully confirms, top-tier worthy. The versatility is just insane! I'm gonna be using this a lot from now on. Grin

HUGE props to Ingulit for his Beytest app. The thing is totally off the hook. It makes this all sooooo much easier.

Thanks for reading guys! TEST STUFF!
This sure seems like an interesting combo. Once I get my Attack & Balance DX set, I'll be sure to try this out.

I actually would've figured this could defeat Wyvang Dragooon BD145RDF. I figured it'd have enough stall time to OS, but I guess not :\.

carp, just remembered my Metal Flat has been missing for like months Tired. I guess I will have to get another one of them as well.
LOL, trust me, it'll be more than worth it.

I'd be really confident going into a tournament with this combo. It covers quite a range of the meta (as long as your region isn't absurdly Dragooon heavy, which is unfortunately the case where I am XD).
Hey, could you test against that combo I came up with to beat Bahamida Dragooon BD145R2F (Revizer Genbull E230 (boost) GCF)? You made this so you could make a tornado staller thread before me, didn't you? XD get out
EDIT: Can you also test against Dragooon BD145GF?
Impressive results! I don't have a second Wyvang, so I can't do Wyvang^2 Attack testing, but I'll try a few other things. My Balros don't like each other much though, iirc they got horrendous solo times. I'll have to check again.
(Jan. 19, 2014  12:15 AM)Cake Wrote: Impressive results! I don't have a second Wyvang, so I can't do Wyvang^2 Attack testing, but I'll try a few other things. My Balros don't like each other much though, iirc they got horrendous solo times. I'll have to check again.

You might have to flip BD145 around and see if it balanced out. That's what I did a couple times, and it worked.

If you have Dragoon and SA165, do testing against Wyvang Dragooon SA165R2F! That's just as important. Smile
Cool, it doesn't even get super bad results against its counter XD. I'd like to see this versus thee Genbull genbull e230MB, MF-L phantom Cygnus 85MF and some LTSC.
(Jan. 20, 2014  5:09 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote: Cool, it doesn't even get super bad results against its counter XD. I'd like to see this versus thee Genbull genbull e230MB, MF-L phantom Cygnus 85MF and some LTSC.

Well, LTSC aren't exactly the most competitive type of combination in the Standard format setting.

I can definitely do those Phantom staller tests, though. I'll have 'em up later tonight!
He actually used this combo agaonst my Genbull^2 E230 MB, but he lost Uncertain
did anybody used reviser Dragoon Bearing drive here...
(Jan. 23, 2014  2:27 AM)DrPepsidew Wrote: He actually used this combo agaonst my Genbull^2 E230 MB, but he lost Uncertain

You also had an insane launch, and I self-KOed once. I'm gonna try to get that done as well if I can.

Anyway, testing!

MSF-L Balro Balro BD145MF vs. MF-L Phantom [Attack Mode] Cancer 85MF
Cancer always launched first.
Detail Results (Click to View)
Balro: 10 (3 OS, 7 KO)
Cancer: 10 (7 OS, 3 KO)
Balro Win %: 50.0%

There were tons of wall saves going on here. I think this could've been 70% easily, but Phantom just kept a bouncing' off the walls. You need to bank with this to make it work. Stalling just doesn't work nearly as well.
Seems like it would definitely beat Phantom MF ._.
I apologize for my launch, I'll tone it down the next time I beat you ;D
Just kidding, but I really like the way this combo feels. There's just something about it 0-0
Well, that's the thing. If you can get a good hit on it, you'll win just about every time, IF your opponent doesn't get saved by the wall, which happened at an unusually frequent rate during these tests.

Again, if anybody can try to reproduce these Attack results, try! That's the most crucial testing to be done at the moment.
Nice testings !! Can you test in against Gryph Begirados 100RF or any Low Track attacker ?
Just a note guys, I'm busy ATM so I can't post formal tests, buy I tried this thing against Genbull Genbull E230MB and it was something like 5 KO and 2 OS to 0 in favor of Balro.

Genbull^2 honestly isn't much better than Girago Genbull on E230M for pure Stamina TBH. It was impossible to tell which one Balro out-spun by more.

Guess your launch was just way too hard Pepsi. I shoulda flippin' banked!! AAAARRGGHHH! Tongue_out
I also have a keen eye, I dare you to try and bank next time Wink
I do apologize for being an outlier, to ruin your tests makes me upset. (Giggle)
But you most likely would have won if it weren't me.or someone like Ingulit Smile
Haha I remember using this combo ages ago when I really started to like the Balro Balro BD145 setup. Unfortunately I didnt really get around to testing this combo much because my BD145's are really loose on MF. :\
Really? You liked it, huh? Awesome! It would be kinda cool if you could give us some commentary, y'know, to get multiple peoples' perspective.

Is anybody able to do Benchmarked Attack tests with Wyvang ___145/Wyvang Dragooon SA165? That would be utterly amazing ATM. Relatively high-recoil wheels on MF usually can't take that stuff down. XD
I tested against Balro^2 BD145 MF, and Wyvang TRASHED this Uncertain
(Jan. 27, 2014  6:11 PM)DrPepsidew Wrote: I tested against Balro^2 BD145 MF, and Wyvang TRASHED this Uncertain

Ah, the SA165 variant did.

Balro has high angular recoil, meaning that it's far easier to KO if you're higher/lower than it. I tested against SA165 and it did, indeed, get trashed, but the far more prevalent 145-height variants aren't so effective.
I know what that means brah. Don't be frontin' on my cool, calm, colloquial vocabulareh.
I really do like this combo though XD
Just in case though, you want me to test against Wyvang?
(Jan. 27, 2014  4:05 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: Really? You liked it, huh? Awesome! It would be kinda cool if you could give us some commentary, y'know, to get multiple peoples' perspective.

Is anybody able to do Benchmarked Attack tests with Wyvang ___145/Wyvang Dragooon SA165? That would be utterly amazing ATM. Relatively high-recoil wheels on MF usually can't take that stuff down. XD
Well I'll see what I can do since my MF tends to fly off my BD145's. XD Its difficult for me to use this combo.
It's been a while since I've tested but did anybody say Wyvang tests?
Wyvang Wyvang GB145RF vs Balro Balro BD145MF
Alternating launches. RF in prime condition.
Balro wins: 11/20(5 KO, 6 OS)
Wyvang wins: 9/20(all KO)
3 ties
Balro Win Percentage: 55%
Yup... you better believe it.