MFB: Limited :: Ban List Discussion (v1.5 - 9/20/16)

(Aug. 28, 2015  2:55 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote: You realize banning Libra is literally such a big blow to defense. The meta would be out of control with attack. I don't think of any other wheel that would be decent enough for defense that could actually put up a fight against attack.

Also I don't see the "hype" surrounding RSF and RB attack. I feel they are completely lack luster compared to RF/R2F/LRF based Attack Types. I will try to get some tests up tomorrow, but I won't be using the best of string launchers (if I even find any decent ones left that I have laying around). I don't see the advantage of it what so ever. If someone could do some comparison tests that would be quite nice.

Omega is very debatable imo, I think the argument could go either way. It is heavy, although right spin attack will more than likely take a drastic hit if it's banned. There's not to much good to go to next honestly. A few options such as Pegasus (the Metal Wheel) aren't bad but it is just not nearly as good. Also I think some people like Wyvang but from what I've done it seems really inconsistent.

Also any reason exactly why you want to ban all left spin metal wheels?

I do realize that it could be which is why I mentioned being hesitant about it!

RSF/RB Attack are deadly because they are easy to use and are capable of KOing pretty much anything an Attack type can in Limited. It's Attack with significantly less risk than RF/R2F/LRF, which makes them an easy choice for players in Stalling Clause since they know it has the ability to defeat much of what could potentially be put up against it. Maybe the win rate would not be as high as a master Attack type user in a testing environment, but that same Attack type might not be as successful for everyone in the pressure-filled environments found at tournaments anyways.

The left-spin ban idea is from a while ago in this thread:

Kei Wrote:Ban the most powerful Attack Wheels: Omega & Lightning. Omega because it is the heaviest and one of the most cleanly-hitting Metal Wheels, and Lightning because it is also incredibly cleanly-hitting, low recoil, agile without feeling too light, and because it is left-spin.

And here's the crazy part ... maybe all left-spinning Wheels too: L Drago, Meteo, VariAres, Dark Knight or Dragooon, L Drago Guardian, and L Drago Destroy. I think people underestimate the dimension having a left-spin Attacker (especially one covered in plastic, as is the case with Lightning) brings to a game filled with right-spin Beyblades and poor to average defensive options. The ability to intercept an opposing Beyblade with powerful head-on collisions and to destabilize/spin-equalize them by spinning the opposite direction is I think more valuable than the idea of 'chasing' and pushing with a same spin direction Attacker in many situations.

The problem with this is that while left-spin Attack is maybe too powerful on a fundamental level in a format with primarily right-spin Beyblades and no great defensive Bottoms or Tracks, I don't think using them in Stamina or Defense combos is a problem. But at the same time, we can't do a complicated ban like Left-Spin Wheels + Aggressive Bottoms. That said, maybe we wouldn't have to go as far as banning all left-spin Wheels; maybe VariAres, L Drago, etc. aren't as great against Libra RB/RSF as Lightning is.

The question is whether all of them would need to be banned. They have a fundamental advantage against things like RS on right-spin Defense types (the only kind that exist) because of their ability to destabilize it when for right-spin Attack types, RS is a pretty huge wall to come up against. Same thing for when they play against anything in right-spin (230 Stamina types especially. It's amazing how easily Lightning can decimate 230RS as well).

The problem I see right now with Limited is that the absolute top tier of parts (Libra, Omega, Lightning) are on a level beyond everything else. There's so many great Wheels out there that are usable (Pegasis, Cosmic, Screw, Beat, Phoenic, etc), but not commonly seen because of parts like these. I want to try and find that balance where more parts can become legitimately competitive. If we were in a format where Pegasis, Cosmic, Screw, Beat, Phoenic, etc. were legitimately competitive, I might not be so scared for Defense if Libra were banned. I'd be pretty confident with things like Bakushin RS, Earth RS, etc. But it would be great if we could get/find some tests for things like that to see what it might be like.
Can I just say how crazy it is to be reading a thread about banning Libra in 2015
(Aug. 28, 2015  3:34 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Can I just say how crazy it is to be reading a thread about banning Libra in 2015

Libruhhh
(Aug. 28, 2015  3:28 AM)Kei Wrote: I do realize that it could be which is why I mentioned being hesitant about it!

RSF/RB Attack are deadly because they are easy to use and are capable of KOing pretty much anything an Attack type can in Limited. It's Attack with significantly less risk than RF/R2F/LRF, which makes them an easy choice for players in Stalling Clause since they know it has the ability to defeat much of what could potentially be put up against it. Maybe the win rate would not be as high as a master Attack type user in a testing environment, but that same Attack type might not be as successful for everyone in the pressure-filled environments found at tournaments anyways.
Sorry I do apologize for coming off quite rude when talking about Libra, I just really wanted to get my point across and got a little to carried away

As for RB/RSF Attack I honestly feel they are to inconsistent at knocking other beyblades out, but that's me. I will admit having the extra stamina is quite nifty in the defensive match up, but from what I've seen and tested it just doesn't seem that good to warrant a ban if you are banning it for attack. Although you guys are having some decent success with it so I don't know. Some comparisons of RB/RSF attack and RF/R2F/LRF would be nice later on. Has there been many Limited Events out side of Toronto, Canada lately? I know we haven't had any lately in North Carolina and I was curious to how other regions Limited events went down. Like if they used RF/R2F/LRF attack or RSF/RB.

The left-spin ban idea is from a while ago in this thread:

Kei Wrote:Ban the most powerful Attack Wheels: Omega & Lightning. Omega because it is the heaviest and one of the most cleanly-hitting Metal Wheels, and Lightning because it is also incredibly cleanly-hitting, low recoil, agile without feeling too light, and because it is left-spin.

And here's the crazy part ... maybe all left-spinning Wheels too: L Drago, Meteo, VariAres, Dark Knight or Dragooon, L Drago Guardian, and L Drago Destroy. I think people underestimate the dimension having a left-spin Attacker (especially one covered in plastic, as is the case with Lightning) brings to a game filled with right-spin Beyblades and poor to average defensive options. The ability to intercept an opposing Beyblade with powerful head-on collisions and to destabilize/spin-equalize them by spinning the opposite direction is I think more valuable than the idea of 'chasing' and pushing with a same spin direction Attacker in many situations.

The problem with this is that while left-spin Attack is maybe too powerful on a fundamental level in a format with primarily right-spin Beyblades and no great defensive Bottoms or Tracks, I don't think using them in Stamina or Defense combos is a problem. But at the same time, we can't do a complicated ban like Left-Spin Wheels + Aggressive Bottoms. That said, maybe we wouldn't have to go as far as banning all left-spin Wheels; maybe VariAres, L Drago, etc. aren't as great against Libra RB/RSF as Lightning is.

The question is whether all of them would need to be banned. They have a fundamental advantage against things like RS on right-spin Defense types (the only kind that exist) because of their ability to destabilize it when for right-spin Attack types, RS is a pretty huge wall to come up against. Same thing for when they play against anything in right-spin (230 Stamina types especially. It's amazing how easily Lightning can decimate 230RS as well).

The problem I see right now with Limited is that the absolute top tier of parts (Libra, Omega, Lightning) are on a level beyond everything else. There's so many great Wheels out there that are usable (Pegasis, Cosmic, Screw, Beat, Phoenic, etc), but not commonly seen because of parts like these. I want to try and find that balance where more parts can become legitimately competitive. If we were in a format where Pegasis, Cosmic, Screw, Beat, Phoenic, etc. were legitimately competitive, I might not be so scared for Defense if Libra were banned. I'd be pretty confident with things like Bakushin RS, Earth RS, etc. But it would be great if we could get/find some tests for things like that to see what it might be like.
That was actually quite interesting and I see where the idea about banning left spin came from. Although no left spin would probably see a rise in 230 combinations. I personally get scared of using 230 combinations due to the fact that left spin is a thing and if it's not that fear is gone. Right spin attack can KO 230 combinations but some tips actually have enough movement to them (such as MB when it is worn down a bit) and they end up beating attack. I don't know though. Although I really do like the idea.

I think Dark Knight attack would also need to get banned if you really wanted to have all attack wheels that are similar in terms of strength. Dark Knight from what I've tested and seen from others is actually quite ridiculous. If Omega and Lightning were banned I think a lot of people would flock to Dark Knight.
mmmhh... for what I was reading there are huge reasons to not ban the most bannable parts, and really good ones

Libra: Best Defensive Wheel, really necessary for defensive customs for current attack meta <-> Too versatible to it's own good, sometimes it sounds like if you have libra you have half tournament done
Omega: It's not THAT good to be bannable, it's beatable but powerful at the same time <-> Has customizations with RSF and RB that make it really versatible for an attack wheel
RSF/RB: Good for defense, better stamina than RS and give better handling of left-spin <-> May overpower some customizations in the current metagame
Left Spin: Part of the idea of Limited is being a fun game, if libra (a banned wheel at it's time for being overpowered) is unbanned, it should not be that necessary to ban Left-Spin <-> Limitates ALL right-spin combos due spin equalization

I have some doubts: Before 4D, there was a left spin based metagame? How Libra countered Lightning at it's time?

also, in the banned parts, isn't there anything to help improve the metagame if it's unbanned?

NOTE: I didn't test this or anything, my combo more similar to Limited Metagame uses SA165 (MF Meteo L-Drago SA165EWD), which means is what I understand that happens on the current metagame and I'm trying to give a different option because it appears that banning something would be worst than not to

EDIT: bolding important things....
Honestly, I think shifting stuff in and out of Limited is something that should be considered. I know that a ton of people want to "standardize" the metagame, though I am not super-sure why: the day you stop learning things about the game is the day you'll start to lose interest in it.

If you think something should be banned, why not ban it and try it out? If the game was better with it, bring it back later. There's no consequences for making such impermanent decisions.

Quote:But at the same time, we can't do a complicated ban like Left-Spin Wheels + Aggressive Bottoms.

Well, I mean, you could. Limited is already a format that's pretty much inaccessible to beginner players, and I'm sure intermediate-and-higher players could understand such a ruling.
(Aug. 28, 2015  1:36 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Honestly, I think shifting stuff in and out of Limited is something that should be considered. I know that a ton of people want to "standardize" the metagame, though I am not super-sure why: the day you stop learning things about the game is the day you'll start to lose interest in it.

If you think something should be banned, why not ban it and try it out? If the game was better with it, bring it back later. There's no consequences for making such impermanent decisions.

Agree with that, the community seems to be more cheerful and motivated when the meta changes, some really curious combos may come with that (which already happen in standard and zero g when synchroms appear), and, has brad said, if it was better before banning, you could bring it back Smile
I agree with Brad 100%, I think that test baning parts would be a great idea, because no matter how much testing is done. An actual event is a lot different from a testing environment and if a part seems really good in testing it could do terrible in tournament play.
I'm thinking that, if we're going to ban anything, ban Libra and Omega together. Lightning may be included in there, but weak launching against left-spin attack helps quite a bit, so it may not quite qualify. Otherwise, it's definitely in the same boat as Omega.

Assuming we ban Libra and Omega, and Lightning is also in question, our lineup for Defense and Stamina looks like this:

Defense:
Earth
Scythe
Bakushin

Attack:
Pegasis
Wyvang
Dark Knight

With this list, the meta would probably look like this:
-LTDC beats Attack
-Low-track Pegasis becomes a thing because it can handle LTDC better than most other options available
-MTDC are useful only for beating low-track Pegasis, Dark Knight is king until it bumps into something that isn't 145 height
-Stamina > LTDC > MTAC > Stamina
-Pegasis LTAC > LTDC > Pegasis MTAC / Dark Knight > MTDC > Pegasis LTAC

With Libra, Omega, and Lightning gone, you don't have to worry about Libra being Libra and doing great at everything, Omega being Omega and KOing everything, or Lightning being super awesome left-spin attack master and KOing or OSing everything. Dark Knight combos can theoretically win by spin-stealing, but Girago and Gryph don't have Lightning's relatively smooth underside, which really hurts LAD and makes them less effective at OSing Defense. What's left of our Attack lineup doesn't do so well against really short stuff (except maybe Wyvang) so I'm expecting a grand migration to lower-track Defense combos to avoid getting clobbered by all the mid-height Attackers around.

This is all speculation off the top of my head, so please tell me if there's something blatantly wrong with what I'm guessing here. As far as I can tell, banning Omega, Libra, and Lightning is the way to go. RB/RSF won't be as much of a problem with them gone, though Wyvang can still make use of it.
Kei Wrote:RSF/RB Attack are deadly because they are easy to use and are capable of KOing pretty much anything an Attack type can in Limited. It's Attack with significantly less risk than RF/R2F/LRF, which makes them an easy choice for players in Stalling Clause since they know it has the ability to defeat much of what could potentially be put up against it. Maybe the win rate would not be as high as a master Attack type user in a testing environment, but that same Attack type might not be as successful for everyone in the pressure-filled environments found at tournaments anyways.

I wouldn't consider them deadly. I don't, nor do others find them to be that insane. I've been playing around with RSF a bit more lately and noticed that it has a hard time catching the Tornado Ridge. If anything, because of that, I'd say it may only be RB that's worth considering for a ban. RSF has arguably more stamina, but still, less aggression.

RB definitely has aggression, but really only seems to have a good amount and probably only enough to KO when it catches the Toronado Ridge. After it goes back to being ingressive and not so capable of KO'ing anymore.

Cake Wrote:Dark Knight combos can theoretically win by spin-stealing, but Girago and Gryph don't have Lightning's relatively smooth underside, which really hurts LAD and makes them less effective at OSing Defense.

Off-topic, but I don't know. Personally, even with LAD, I found Dark Knight Gryph, Girago and Bahamdia to be much more capable of out-spinning defense than Lightning.
I think it's pretty deadly, RSF with a really good launch while banking results in an aggro attacker. After it loses its aggression it's able to OS. Omega 90RSF is way too safe of a combination and beats most things other than Libra 85RS. Lightning can do the same damage as well with RSF/RB. The meta is way more balanced without RSF and RB, Libra isn't too OP as well as Omega.
The only thing that i think that should be banned is Omega because if Libra is banned Attack will be too powerful. I feel if you ban only Omega, RB and RSF wouldn't need to be banned anymore.
Libra defense can easily beat Omega, so if RB and RSF are banned there's no need to ban Omega. It can go back to being Omega RF/R2F/LRF again, which is amazing yet very beatable.
Man, me posting that Omega thread a long time ago caused a lot of mixed feelings today, haha!

I was too happy when it was unbanned which is bad because I knew it was good. I knew it had potential more than I was thinking of how overpowering it really is. Some tests weren't great in its favor, but being able to KO with not-so aggressive bottoms seems a bit much (and honestly it seems to do better on RSF, RB, and such). So I'm leaning more in favor of a re-ban.

Libra on the other hand is easily defeatable in my opinion. I liked it better for spin equalization than defense. Bakushin 1UP's it for pure defense and pretty much everything else for any other type of combination.
Okay I did some comparison tests between RB/RSF and RF. Before anyone says anything yes I did use Screw, I do not currently own an Omega so I couldn't test that. Although this still should give a pretty good comparison between RB, RSF and RF. Libra was launched first in every test.

Part Breakdown

MF-H Libra GB145 CS Wrote:MF-H Screw Horuseus 85 RB vs MF-H Libra GB145 CS
Screw: 7 (7 KO, 0 OS)
Libra: 13 (13 OS, 0 KO)
RB Win Percentage: 35%
Detailed Results

Okay RB did alright I guess. Still it wasn't very consistent though and just couldn't get the knock out's some times. I think it might've got one late game knock out, but for the most part if it didn't KO it within the first few hits it was over.

MF-H Screw Horuseus 85 RSF vs MF-H Libra GB145 CS
Screw: 4 (3 KO, 1 OS)
Libra: 16 (15 OS, 1 KO)
RSF Win Percentage: 20%
Detailed Results

Not very impressed by these results, it lacked the power to get consistent KO's most of the time.

MF-H Screw Horuseus 85 RF vs MF-H Libra GB145 CS
Screw:13 (13 KO, 0 OS)
Libra:7 (7 OS, 0 KO)
Screw Win Percentage: 65%
Detailed Results

So far RF looked Completely superior to RB and RSF. It was able to easily KO Libra, while the others did struggle a bit. Honestly if Libra didn't hit the wall so many times and my RF was in a bit better condition RF would've completed smoked it.

MF-H Libra 230 RS Wrote:MF-H Screw Horuseus 85 RB vs MF-H Libra 230 RS
Screw: 2 (2 KO, 0 OS)
Libra: 18 (18 OS, 0 KO)
RB Win Percentage: 10%
Detailed Results

Not even a chance. Not much else to say really. It just got completely destroyed, hardly ever had a chance of out spinning.

MF-H Screw Horuseus 85 RSF vs MF-H Libra 230 RS
Screw: 1 (1 KO, 0 OS)
Libra: 19 (19 OS, 0 KO)
RSF Win Percentage: 5%
Detailed Results

This was actual really painful to watch. RSF couldn't do anything. Couldn't move it and couldn't out spin it. It got one lucky knock out and that was it.

MF-H Screw Horuseus 85 RF vs MF-H Libra 230 RS
Screw: 3 (3 KO, 0 OS)
Libra: 17 (17 OS, 0 OS)
RF Win Percentage: 15%
Detailed Results

At least it could move 230 RS just a bit even if it only got one more win than RB. Although end the end Libra 230 RS destroyed all of these although it wasn't to surprising considering everything was on 85.

Win Percentage Comparison Wrote:Okay here is the comparison of win percentages after the tests
RB: 22.5 %
RSF: 12.5%
RF: 40%
RF definitely did the best almost doubling RB and almost quadrupling RSF.

Okay so after my testing my final thought is that RSF and RB don't really deserve a ban. I felt RF completely shredded both in terms of results and I feel that if anything RSF and RB seem quite over hyped considering the results. Hope everyone liked this post and hopefully this information helps in determining the limited ban list.
Hey I just posted this, it has some comparisons done with RF and RB.
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-LTD-RB-RF-Comparison
(Aug. 29, 2015  5:36 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Okay I did some comparison tests between RB/RSF and RF. Before anyone says anything yes I did use Screw, I do not currently own an Omega so I couldn't test that. Although this still should give a pretty good comparison between RB, RSF and RF. Libra was launched first in every test.

Part Breakdown

MF-H Libra GB145 CS Wrote:MF-H Screw Horuseus 85 RB vs MF-H Libra GB145 CS
Screw: 7 (7 KO, 0 OS)
Libra: 13 (13 OS, 0 KO)
RB Win Percentage: 35%
Detailed Results

Okay RB did alright I guess. Still it wasn't very consistent though and just couldn't get the knock out's some times. I think it might've got one late game knock out, but for the most part if it didn't KO it within the first few hits it was over.

MF-H Screw Horuseus 85 RSF vs MF-H Libra GB145 CS
Screw: 4 (3 KO, 1 OS)
Libra: 16 (15 OS, 1 KO)
RSF Win Percentage: 20%
Detailed Results

Not very impressed by these results, it lacked the power to get consistent KO's most of the time.

MF-H Screw Horuseus 85 RF vs MF-H Libra GB145 CS
Screw:13 (13 KO, 0 OS)
Libra:7 (7 OS, 0 KO)
Screw Win Percentage: 65%
Detailed Results

So far RF looked Completely superior to RB and RSF. It was able to easily KO Libra, while the others did struggle a bit. Honestly if Libra didn't hit the wall so many times and my RF was in a bit better condition RF would've completed smoked it.

MF-H Libra 230 RS Wrote:MF-H Screw Horuseus 85 RB vs MF-H Libra 230 RS
Screw: 2 (2 KO, 0 OS)
Libra: 18 (18 OS, 0 KO)
RB Win Percentage: 10%
Detailed Results

Not even a chance. Not much else to say really. It just got completely destroyed, hardly ever had a chance of out spinning.

MF-H Screw Horuseus 85 RSF vs MF-H Libra 230 RS
Screw: 1 (1 KO, 0 OS)
Libra: 19 (19 OS, 0 KO)
RSF Win Percentage: 5%
Detailed Results

This was actual really painful to watch. RSF couldn't do anything. Couldn't move it and couldn't out spin it. It got one lucky knock out and that was it.

MF-H Screw Horuseus 85 RF vs MF-H Libra 230 RS
Screw: 3 (3 KO, 0 OS)
Libra: 17 (17 OS, 0 OS)
RF Win Percentage: 15%
Detailed Results

At least it could move 230 RS just a bit even if it only got one more win than RB. Although end the end Libra 230 RS destroyed all of these although it wasn't to surprising considering everything was on 85.

Win Percentage Comparison Wrote:Okay here is the comparison of win percentages after the tests
RB: 22.5 %
RSF: 12.5%
RF: 40%
RF definitely did the best almost doubling RB and almost quadrupling RSF.

Okay so after my testing my final thought is that RSF and RB don't really deserve a ban. I felt RF completely shredded both in terms of results and I feel that if anything RSF and RB seem quite over hyped considering the results. Hope everyone liked this post and hopefully this information helps in determining the limited ban list.

Not really too good of evidence. there should be a variety of combos that defeat rsf, not just one.
I don't actually understand your post to well. I tested RSF twice in that post (and it lost both times). Also I don't want to sound rude but I honestly took your post slightly offensive when you said "not to good evidence". I feel every test supports something in some way and it was very blatant of you just to come out and say that.
Well, I never got the appeal of RSF or RB and I still don't get it.

Either way, interesting tests! Though for some reason I thought RSF would be as good as if not better than RB for attack.
(Aug. 29, 2015  5:36 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Okay I did some comparison tests between RB/RSF and RF. Before anyone says anything yes I did use Screw, I do not currently own an Omega so I couldn't test that. Although this still should give a pretty good comparison between RB, RSF and RF. Libra was launched first in every test.

My first impression of you using Screw was, 'Yeah, that's fine. After all, if we're trying to figure out whether RB and RSF are as good as RF-series Bottoms on Attack types from an objective point of view, then Screw's not a bad choice.' But then I realized that it's not due in any part to RB and RSF's behavior or performance when compared directly to RF that makes them seem OP in tournaments, but rather what they're paired with, most typically Omega and Lightning. So if Attack Wheels like those can retain their potency on such tame Bottoms, maybe we should primarily be looking at those Wheels instead...

Thanks for testing, though. Smile
(Aug. 30, 2015  4:19 AM)Angry Face Wrote:

My first impression of you using Screw was, 'Yeah, that's fine. After all, if we're trying to figure out whether RB and RSF are as good as RF-series Bottoms on Attack types from an objective point of view, then Screw's not a bad choice.' But then I realized that it's not due in any part to RB and RSF's behavior or performance when compared directly to RF that makes them seem OP in tournaments, but rather what they're paired with, most typically Omega and Lightning. So if Attack Wheels like those can retain their potency on such tame Bottoms, maybe we should primarily be looking at those Wheels instead...

If only I had gotten an Omega, sorry I just wanted to try to get some tests out there for the comparison and that's the best I could do at the moment only having a Beylauncher R. Your definitely right though about that its probably what it's paired up with that makes it so good. Stormscorpio1 actually posted some tests earlier on it here using Omega instead of Screw (and you would definitely see Omega more than Screw in an actual tournament situation).
(Aug. 28, 2015  1:36 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Honestly, I think shifting stuff in and out of Limited is something that should be considered. I know that a ton of people want to "standardize" the metagame, though I am not super-sure why: the day you stop learning things about the game is the day you'll start to lose interest in it.

Yeah, I absolutely agree. But I still think it's good to have some discussion before we go ahead with any bans. Smile

(Aug. 28, 2015  1:36 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
Quote:But at the same time, we can't do a complicated ban like Left-Spin Wheels + Aggressive Bottoms.

Well, I mean, you could. Limited is already a format that's pretty much inaccessible to beginner players, and I'm sure intermediate-and-higher players could understand such a ruling.

Ha, even to myself a ban like that seems too complicated. Personally, while Limited is somewhat complicated I think in many ways it is more accessible to beginner players than Standard or Zero-G. In those formats you need things like Synchroms to be successful, and I've found that the vast majority of new players who come to our tournaments do not have those ... so it's easier for them to be successful at Limited.

(Aug. 28, 2015  5:50 PM)Mitsu Wrote: I wouldn't consider them deadly. I don't, nor do others find them to be that insane. I've been playing around with RSF a bit more lately and noticed that it has a hard time catching the Tornado Ridge. If anything, because of that, I'd say it may only be RB that's worth considering for a ban. RSF has arguably more stamina, but still, less aggression.

RB definitely has aggression, but really only seems to have a good amount and probably only enough to KO when it catches the Toronado Ridge. After it goes back to being ingressive and not so capable of KO'ing anymore.

In all 11 Limited Format events I've placed in, I've used an aggressive RSF/RB winning combo multiple times throughout the tournament. It's deadly. Wink

And I've actually found that RB has a greater chance of self-KOing than RSF does.

(Aug. 28, 2015  5:29 PM)Cake Wrote: This is all speculation off the top of my head, so please tell me if there's something blatantly wrong with what I'm guessing here. As far as I can tell, banning Omega, Libra, and Lightning is the way to go. RB/RSF won't be as much of a problem with them gone, though Wyvang can still make use of it.

Wyvang is very good with RB/RSF, so it would still be an issue.

(Aug. 30, 2015  4:19 AM)Angry Face Wrote: My first impression of you using Screw was, 'Yeah, that's fine. After all, if we're trying to figure out whether RB and RSF are as good as RF-series Bottoms on Attack types from an objective point of view, then Screw's not a bad choice.' But then I realized that it's not due in any part to RB and RSF's behavior or performance when compared directly to RF that makes them seem OP in tournaments, but rather what they're paired with, most typically Omega and Lightning. So if Attack Wheels like those can retain their potency on such tame Bottoms, maybe we should primarily be looking at those Wheels instead...

Agreed. I also think it's important to consider not only it's performance against Defense (which should be good, but not as great as an Attack type with a master user), but against Stamina of all kinds too. Even against Attack it stands a chance of winning if you use Omega. The reason why it is so good is because of how versatile and easy it is to use. Not because it will produce the best win rates, but because it will produce good to great win rates against a lot of things. RF is not easy to use.

In Stormscorpio1's tests, Omega CH120RB had a better win rate against 230RS than RF did. The results against GB145CS seemed lopsided in favour of RF though, which is odd to me.
Don't ban bae RSF DJ - Sad.

Anyway I've been working on tests myself, it will take me a while to actually finish them because from calculations it will be around 800 rounds of testing. So far I have the RF benchmark tests for Omega 90RF and Pegasus 90RF against Libra 90RS Earth 90RS Scythe 90RS and Bakushin 90RS. I will be testing how changing the bottoms to RSF or RB effects the Beyblade, obviously for all six of those combos. Since this will only test LTDC's, Omega should not do too well due to those being counters to omega.
Kei Wrote:In Stormscorpio1's tests, Omega CH120RB had a better win rate against 230RS than RF did. The results against GB145CS seemed lopsided in favour of RF though, which is odd to me.
I can assure you that those results are not fabricated, I banked both RF and RB and RB simply couldn't get the KOs where RF could. As for the 230 RS test, I think that while yes it did get a higher win rate against that particular combo, the amount of wins that RB recived over RF is not enough to justify losing that much KO power IMO.
Well I was able to get a few tests in before my string launcher bit the dust. The string does go back in anymore after you launch so if anyone knows how to fix that and could message me about it that would be awesome!

Okay so Stormscorpio1 gave me the Omega Mitsu sent with him for Canada to give me today so I was able to get some Omega testing in which was quite nice. So let's get on with the tests!

RB Wrote:MF-H Omega Horuseus 90 RB vs MF-H Libra GB145 CS
RB: 7 (7 KO)
Libra: 13 (13 OS)
RB win rate: 35%
Detailed Results

The tests were about what I expected since I was assuming Omega would do better than Screw, but still not have a positive win rate. My prediction came out true. I was just having trouble some times getting the KO (it didn't feel to consistent to me personally) and due to Omega's shape it could never really out spin since it could get off balance quite easy and just auto lose at that point.

RSF Wrote:MF-H Omega Horuseus 90 RSF vs MF-H Libra GB145 CS
RSF: 4 (4 KO)
Libra: (16 OS)
RSF win rate: 20%
Detailed Results

Whoah was not expecting that. Omega RSF got the same results as Screw RSF. Definitely did not see that one coming. RSF performed quite terrible. It's KO's were quite rare and hardly was able to move Libra at all. I didn't like it all.

RF Wrote:MF-H Omega Horuseus 90 RF vs MF-H Libra GB145 CS
RF: 16 (16 KO)
Libra: 4 (4 OS)
RF win rate: 80%
Detailed results

Complete destruction. Omega threw it around like a rag doll. Libra got some ridiculous wall saves in the times when it was able to get an out spin. If I wasn't using a pretty worn RF Omega could've easily got a few more KO's.

So yeah I still haven't found RB or RSF to be that effective for attack types. RF always gets way higher results for me, but maybe that's just me. I just don't find RB or RSF that effective or consistent. Way riskier to me than using RF attack. Sadly I only got a few rounds in against MF-H Libra 230 RS before my string launcher messed up so I don't think posting 5 rounds would be and I can't really continue right now unless I figure out how to fix a string launcher. But yeah hope you guys liked the tests!