MF-H Phantom Cancer (Aquario) E230 (upper mode) EWD/TB

This combo was formed at the last MD tournament by nightwing247 and I. I had access to a friend's zero-g stadiums collection for a little while (don't have any of my own) and got to testing it.

This combo launches first at all times.

Procedure:
Beylauncher R
Beylauncher L
Zero G Attack Stadium, Balance Stadium, Defense Stadium

First things to consider:
In the attack stadium MB is used for sway resistance, in the balance stadium BWD is used because of less risk of being swayed out and in the defense stadium EWD is used for pure endurance.

Attack Stadium testing:

MF-H Phantom Aquario E230 (upper mode) MB vs. Ifraid Begirados E230GCF
Phantom: 14 wins (13 OS, 1 KO)
Ifraid: 6 wins (6 KO)

MF-H Phantom Aquario E230 (upper mode) EWD vs. Death Quetzalcoatl AD145MB
Phantom: 14 Wins (13 OS, 1 KO)
Death: 6 wins (1 OS (phantom got knocked really off-balance), 5 KO)

Defense stadium
MF-H Phantom Aquario E230 (upper mode) EWDvs. Duo Aquario BGrin
Phantom: 19 wins (18 OS, 1 KO)
Duo: 1 win (1 OS)

MF-H Phantom Aquario E230 (upper mode) EWDvs. Phantom Aquario BGrin
E230: 18 wins (17 OS, 1 KO)
BGrin: 2 wins

MF-H Phantom Aquario E230 (upper mode) Ewdvs. Revizer Dragoon BGrin
Phantom: 4 wins (4 OS)
Dragoon: 16 wins (15 OS, 1 KO)

Balance stadium:
MF-H Phantom Aquario E230 (upper mode) BWd vs. Duo Aquario W145 WD
Phantom: 13 wins (12 OS, 1 Crazy KO)
Duo: 7 wins (7 OS)
Nice tests! Question though, can I replace BWD with BSF in the balance stadium?
I only have one e230 and can no longer test as I do not own a stadium, I was using a friend's
Nice tests. How does this do against MSF-H Revizer Dragooon SA165EWD?

EDIT: Never mind, I didn't notice the post above.
LMAO he said he cannot test anymore because he was using his friends stadium.

Also can BWD be replaced with BSF?
I highly doubt it. The two are very different.
I was messing around with an E230 stamina (and later balance) combo in BB-10 a while back (also using phantom IIRC), I found it did really well against certain heights (IIRC this was as much as "beating MB a fair amount of the time with RSF" well lol), but when its disk could be hit downwards/from above (opposing wheels had to be at a pretty particular height anyway), I think it was, it was quite easily outspun. I guess with the lower match time in ZG stadia, and the other relevant properties, it wouldn't be as much of a problem, but I would strongly suggest testing be done to check for this with combos that have similar stamina, even in zero-g.

Also, Time, is BWD the only tip that can beat B: D? I think you should look at doing more tests, to compare the performance of each tip - especially as a big part of posting combinations is finding their weaknesses.
I use ewd frequently as well and wd is not bad and yes it only works well against things e230 will be even with or be able to be knocked above, it has serious problems against things taller than 170, I like to think of it as an anti-right spin b:d
I have seen Duo BGrin lose by OS to plenty of 230 combos for some reason. IDK why, but when I see it, 230MB combos can usually just beat it... It's really wierd. Tongue_out I would think that this would work better with Duo, but I haven't actually tried it yet.
We tried Duo to less success at the tournament actually and it had less success because of its smaller diameter making it irrelevant in the actual battle leading to more difficulty against taller things.
(May. 17, 2013  2:35 AM)Time Wrote: We tried Duo to less success at the tournament actually and it had less success because of its smaller diameter making it irrelevant in the actual battle leading to more difficulty against taller things.

Ummm... What? Tongue_out sorry, I didn't quite get what you meant. Smile
What mode is Phantom in? You never stated that.
I mean it's pretty much implied to be in endurance mode or whatever the technical name for the one which spins longer is...
can we replace de E230 for 230 or it's a major difference in results.

I have a zero g attack stadium so the combo with MB or EWD I can make it but I don't have the E230 so...
It makes a huge difference

@theblackdragon
Phantom is signicantly wider than Duo and therefore is actually involved in contact during the battle while Duo just sits there and makes e230 do all the work.
Exactly how did this beat BGrin? I just can't fathom a horribly balanced track with pitiful stamina and what is basically a sharper, taller WD(from what I've heard) beating the bottom with bearings and the most pure stamina 90% of the time.

Who launched Phantom? Who has the stronger launch? Did you swap metal wheels?
I Could Help you with testing thou I don't have Defense and Balnce Zero G stadium
It's night now i could do it tommorow maybe
Anyways I'm also confused.How could a track with so much recoil has so much stamina (The same question as ShinobuXD)and E230 Can win against BGrin ? Is it because of grinding or something.I guess i'll test it myself tommorow
(May. 18, 2013  12:24 AM)Time Wrote: It makes a huge difference

@theblackdragon
Phantom is signicantly wider than Duo and therefore is actually involved in contact during the battle while Duo just sits there and makes e230 do all the work.

Wait, so you want the metal wheel to make contact? Huh... When I use phantom, it seems that it is able to OS better when there is no metal-to-metal contact, but it could be different at such a tall height. Smile I also agree with shinobu XD. I have BWD, and it has awful balance on anything, let alone E230. I don't think this would consistently OS BGrin in most cases.

My 250th post! Smile
You know what I just realized I made a typo in the opening post all he tests against BGrin were done on EWD in the defense stadium, more like a series of significant typos
(May. 18, 2013  9:17 PM)Time Wrote: You know what I just realized I made a typo in the opening post all he tests against BGrin were done on EWD in the defense stadium, more like a series of significant typos

OOOOhhhhhh..... That could've been it. Tongue_out
Here's my testing result: I used cancer because It's great
Equipment : New Beylauncher LR Mars Red,Launcher Grip,Zero G attack Stadium

Phantom Cancer VS Diablo Kerbecs(Attack Zero g Stadium)

Result :Phantom 8 wins(ALL OS)
Diablo 2 wins (all os)
WIN Percentage = 80%

Phantom Cancer Vs Duo B:D
Phantom 13 Wins (All Os)
Duo 7 Wins (All OS)

Win Percentage = 65%
When testing i just realized that E230 was in lower mode so i changed it's mode and Tested it again
Phantom Cancer (Upper disk mode) Vs Duo B:D
Phantom 5 Wins (All Os)
Duo 0 wins

The Track Position Make Significant Difference I think Upper mode is much better .Now i see how it can beat B:D combo .Oh yeah,I stopped at 5 Because My EWD is Wearing out
(May. 19, 2013  2:07 AM)Diablo-Beyz DBZ Wrote: Here's my testing result: I used cancer because It's great
Equipment : New Beylauncher LR Mars Red,Launcher Grip,Zero G attack Stadium

Phantom Cancer VS Diablo Kerbecs(Attack Zero g Stadium)

Result Tongue_outhantom 8 wins(ALL OS)
Diablo 2 wins (all os)
WIN Percentage = 80%

Phantom Cancer Vs Duo BGrin
Phantom 13 Wins (All Os)
Duo 7 Wins (All OS)

Win Percentage = 65%
When testing i just realized that E230 was in lower mode so i changed it's mode and Tested it again
Phantom Cancer (Upper disk mode) Vs Duo BGrin
Phantom 5 Wins (All Os)
Duo 0 wins

The Track Position Make Significant Difference I think Upper mode is much better .Now i see how it can beat BGrin combo .Oh yeah,I stopped at 5 Because My EWD is Wearing out

Ummm... I think you used EWD on phantom, since you mentioned it at the end, but would you mind posting what track and bottom diablo used? Just curious. Smile
Yes The bottom was my 1 month old EWD it was wearing out.Luckily i have replacement .(I forgot to put the combo's track and bottom ) Diablo's track was AD145MB
Out of curiosity what clear wheel did you use on Duo?