MF-H Phantom Cancer 230 CS

Poll: Do you think this combo is worthy of being Top-Tier?

Yes
40.43%
No
14.89%
Maybe
23.40%
Needs more testing
21.28%
Total: 100% 47 vote(s)
(Mar. 23, 2012  7:41 PM)BeyHyperKiLLer Wrote: For me, 195 and 220 tend to go more aggressive with CS than 230, due to the rattling of TH170 on 195 and 220, unless it is just my TH170.

Also in London, MF/MF-H Phantom TH170 D used to dominate, but now it doesn't because MF/MF-H Phantom 230 CS beats it like 95% of the time. Again, i can't do tests because i only have one Phantom, but if anyone has two, it would be highly appreciated if you could do a MF-H Phantom Cancer 230 CS vs MF/MF-H Phantom TH170 D test.

People should be using smarter height choices then.

And my TH170 is significantly less aggressive than any of my 230's, soooo...
My TH170 is also noticably less prone to leaning and providing aggressive movement than my 230, and my TH170 also doesn't really rattle much at all, despite having been used quite a lot...
Well, i mean... if you doubt this combo is worthy of being top-tier, then more comparative tests are appreciated. The more, the merrier.

EDIT: Added a new Poll.
Is anyone able to do tests against Phantom TH170 CS and Phantom 230 D, since they are currently on the Competitive Combos thread, if MF-H Phantom Cancer 230 CS can get the same, or better, win rates against those combos, then i think that proves that it should join, or replace, them in the Competitive Combos thread. Also if anyone could do tests against a Flash attack combo (Even though the result is probably already known), that would be great.

I added a new poll, so it would be great if as many people, as possible, could vote, so i know what everyone thinks.
By CS, I'm guessing you mean a different tip, since no Phantom combination on that thread has CS...
And why double post? You could have edited your last post, but I assume you were trying to bump it, which isn't allowed.
And I guess I'll do some tests against Flash.
They discussed and decided to add Phantom TH170 CS to Balance, don't know why they haven't added it yet. Dan's post: -Basalt should really be off. Balance combo should be replaced with MF-H Phantom TH170CS.

'And why double post? You could have edited your last post, but I assume you were trying to bump it, which isn't allowed.'
I am allowed to double post, since it has been over 48 hours. Therefore it is allowed.
You are not allowed to double-post in any section but the Bey Marketplace, in point of fact.
MOD Wrote:
BeyHyperKiLLer Wrote:I have the last post in a thread, which was on Mar 27 2012 08:06 PM and now i want to post again. So should i BUMP it with my new post, or do i still have to edit my last post, but then no one will see my new post?

If the new post has different content than the old post you are fine to make a second post now. It's been more than 48 hours.

I did ask a MOD.
MF-H Phantom Gasher 230CS Testing
Standard Procedure
Near Mint CS
CS is Calm
Near Mint RF
TH170 in 220 Mode
Phantom & Duo Switch First Launch Each Round
BB-10 Of Course Used
Using Capricorne For Teh L0LZEZ

MF-H Flash Capricorne GB145RF vs. MF-H Phantom Gasher 230CS

Flash: 20 Wins (20 KO, 0 OS)
Phantom: 0 Wins (0 KO, 0 OS)
1 Draw, Redone
Phantom Gasher Win Percentage : 0%

Yeah, Phantom is KOed by a slight breeze, even with a CS.

MF-F Duo Aquario TH170D vs. MF-H Phantom Gasher 230CS

Duo: 9 Wins (0 KO, 9 OS)
Phantom: 11 Wins ( 0 KO, 11 OS)
2 Draws, Both Redone
Phantom Gasher Win Percentage : 55%

If they didn't make a lot of contact, Duo would win, but if they did, Phantom would smash down onto Duo, and would actually OS by a pretty large margin. Yet, Duo also destabilized Phantom in two of Duo's wins. I was surprised to see that it wasn't decided on only who was launched first.
Thanks for the tests! Added them to the thread. IMO, i thought it would of done better against Duo TH170 D, but hey.

EDIT: I got extremely different results, but that's probably because are Duo and Phantom mold's are different. Anyway, here are my results:

Standard Procedure.

MF-H Phantom Cancer 230 CS (CALM) vs. MF Duo Aquario TH170 (220) D (MINT)
Phantom win percentage: 95%
Just a video (...very low quality video...) of MF-H Phantom Cancer 230 CS, against a top-tier stamina combo.

EDIT: SORRY! I totally forgot again! Sorry to double post, i made the post, scrolled up, and realized that i double posted.

EDIT #2: Also, the people that voted 'Needs more testing', could they then state what it needs to be tested against.
Can you try this against, say, MF-H LDD BD145RDF?

(Apologies for reviving this, if that's a problem)

EDIT: Also, can you try deep banking and tornado stalling it against Attack?
I haven't tested it, but i know Phantom 230 will lose.
(Jul. 18, 2012  1:17 PM)Cake Wrote: Can you try this against, say, MF-H LDD BD145RDF?

(Apologies for reviving this, if that's a problem)

EDIT: Also, can you try deep banking and tornado stalling it against Attack?
From my own personal use, I can already tell you it will be a lopsided test, L-Drago Destroy/Guardian BD145MF is also another problem that this combo cannot answer.

Hyper, does your meta not see usage (or, at least, big) of LDD and/or LDG combos? Seeing as you said this is doing very well in your meta, I'm just wondering how the eventual LDD or LDG combo doesn't just completely destroy this.
Yeah, I use this combo a lot, and my brother's LDD CH120WD has been a serious problem. I thought maybe the stamina reduction from WD to RDF would make it easier to beat. Maybe. :\
The stamina reduction...?
I don't think you know how that combo works..
(Jul. 18, 2012  4:24 PM)Zancrow Wrote: Hyper, does your meta not see usage (or, at least, big) of LDD and/or LDG combos? Seeing as you said this is doing very well in your meta, I'm just wondering how the eventual LDD or LDG combo doesn't just completely destroy this.
Actually this combo isn't used anymore in our meta. This thread hasn't been updated for over 2 months now, hence why it still says this combo dominates. We do use a combo exactly the same to the LDG combo though, Gravity Perseus BD145 RDF, which i made a thread for.

@Zancrow: I know how the combo works, but I was thinking that if LDG/LDD stayed relatively calm while Phantom tornado stalled, then Phantom may win. I'm mostly shooting in the dark here, though.

EDIT: Apologies to everyone for my quasi-intelligent yammering.

EDIT2: My god, I halted all conversation in this thread. XD
could you test against MF-H Wing cancer bd145 cs
BHK already tested against Death BD145CS, which is roughly the same as Wing BD145CS as Wing is on par with Death defense wise.
Try it against MF-M Duo Aquario 230MB
This combo was made before Duo 230 MB, therefore it wasn't made to beat it. Also this combo is very rarely used in the UK anymore. Although i do remember posting some tests in the Duo 230 MB thread before, search there.
BHK i would like to hear how good this combo does against
MF-H sceythe Kronos BD145 cs
Phantom beats it... Speechless
(Jul. 27, 2012  6:04 PM)MaskedBlader_UK Wrote: BHK i would like to hear how good this combo does against
MF-H sceythe Kronos BD145 cs

Phantom would win hands down