MF-H Gravity Perseus(Stam) BD145 RDF

Hey guys! Decided to post this combo, since it is pretty good. So, i thought of this combo when Control_ brought back the famous Gravity Perseus BD145 MF aka Gravity Tank. It used to be used a lot in the UK, when Basalt 230 CS was dominating. However, Control_ used MF Gravity Perseus BD145 MF at Easter Eggcellence! and he placed 3rd with it. Then, i was experimenting with tips for it, as i don't have MF and i found that RDF worked really well instead. In fact, it worked better than MF. I used MF-H Gravity Perseus(STAM) BD145 RDF at Beydays Super Smash! and i placed 1st with it. Also BLAZING DRAGON used it at Beydays Practice Session! and placed 3rd, i think.
Anyways, now for the testing:

Standard Procedure:
  • MFB Attack Stadium
  • Beylauncher L/R
  • 3 Segment Launcher Grip
  • Attack Launched last
  • Launching Alternated (Apart from Attack)

VS Stamina
VS Attack
VS Balance

I have probably made so many mistakes, i'm so tired. Please correct me on whatever i've messed up on. I will do more tests tomorrow, i'm too tired now. Yeah, i'm taking requests. Don't know what else to say. I hope this does well for someone else in tournaments. Again, sorry for any mistakes.

BHK out! xD
I've been using MF-H Gravity (Mold 3 (also abnormally heavy...)) Perseus (Stamina Ver.) BD145RSF, weak launched in left, to counter Flash for a while. It really does better than RDF from the little testing I've done. Stamina-wise, it sucks, so this would probably be a better option that way.

Nice testing, anyways; I'll try this out. Smile

EDIT: Mold 3, not 2.
I really like this combo.
I used it at Bey Days Practice towards the end and was able to place second, i stopped using it on the last round because i thought my opponent had a counter and then i lost Tired Haha

I used MF-H Gravity Perseus (Att) BD145RDF.
I prefer Attack over Stamina Perseus.
HM. I have all of those parts (except RDF). I like its potential...! Smile
Do you have MF? MF works well as well, but RDF works best.
I do have MF, but I might be getting RDF soon, so i might be able to do some tests in time...
MF is still able to use right even if it is not as good?
(May. 30, 2012  1:58 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote: MF is still able to use right even if it is not as good?

You will get better results with MF H. But MF can still be used.
(May. 30, 2012  2:02 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(May. 30, 2012  1:58 AM)Thunder Dome Wrote: MF is still able to use right even if it is not as good?

I believe he speaks of Metal Flat not Metal face

(May. 30, 2012  2:03 AM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote:
(May. 30, 2012  2:02 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:

Oh. My bad.
Metal Flat is good. I actually lost to Blitz's MF H Gravity Perseus BD145 MF this past weekend during free play.
Just wanna say homeslices, in case you didn't know, there's another topic for the same combo except with CS.
(May. 30, 2012  2:05 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote:
(May. 30, 2012  2:03 AM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote:
(May. 30, 2012  2:02 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: You will get better results with MF H. But MF can still be used.

Oh. My bad.
Metal Flat is good. I actually lost to Blitz's MF H Gravity Perseus BD145 MF this past weekend during free play.

People in the UK have been using that for ages. Blitz first came up with it too.
(May. 30, 2012  3:55 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Just wanna say homeslices, in case you didn't know, there's another topic for the same combo except with CS.

Eh, neither that, or the metal flat version, seem to really do as well as this these days, judging by these tests.

I'm shocked by the 18 OS's agaisnt Duo 230MB. Would like to see others tests there.
Whoa! I can't believe it! Its quite nice to see a pre-4D part back, you know!

Such a high win rate against everything(accept Attack, of course!) is quite impressive! Even I am really waiting for further testing, as I really like this combo.

Just that, I want to know how this combo works. I read the OP, and I hope that I didn't miss any details that might answer the aforementioned question.
Is it a spin steal combo, or is it some kind of a Defense combo? Or, can it actually attack in some way?
Gravity is still been a big part of the UK meta.
(May. 31, 2012  7:45 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(May. 30, 2012  3:55 PM)Shabalabadoo Wrote: Just wanna say homeslices, in case you didn't know, there's another topic for the same combo except with CS.

Eh, neither that, or the metal flat version, seem to really do as well as this these days, judging by these tests.

I'm shocked by the 18 OS's agaisnt Duo 230MB. Would like to see others tests there.
The Gravity Perseus BD145 MF combo was first used in the UK just to counter Basalt 230 CS and other 230 Combos. So i wasn't surprised when the RDF version got the results against Duo 230 MB. But, Control_ brought the MF combo back because pretty much everyone in the UK was using either 230 or TH170. However i found that RDF does a lot better, duo to it being able to draw with B:D, EWD etc. Also it can OS pretty much everything competitive whereas the MF version was only really good, against 230.

(May. 31, 2012  9:47 AM)Janstarblast Wrote: Whoa! I can't believe it! Its quite nice to see a pre-4D part back, you know!

Such a high win rate against everything(accept Attack, of course!) is quite impressive! Even I am really waiting for further testing, as I really like this combo.

Just that, I want to know how this combo works. I read the OP, and I hope that I didn't miss any details that might answer the aforementioned question.
Is it a spin steal combo, or is it some kind of a Defense combo? Or, can it actually attack in some way?
I'm not sure what type you would class it as. But, it definitely isn't a defense combo. More of a Spin-equalizing attack type (?). It is hard to explain how it works, but i'll try. Against 230/TH170/195/220, Gravity spin-equalizes until both are at weak spin and then Gravity destabilizes them. Against mid-height combos it is just like a normal spin-equalizer. Then, against free spinning bottoms it, again, spin equalizes like any other, however it draws, sometimes even a win. Nevertheless, if i'm against a free spinning bottom, i would just change Gravity into right spin and KO it.

I could upload a video of it against Phantom Cancer B:D and MF-H Duo ___ 230 MB if you guys want. However my camera quality is very, very low.
(May. 31, 2012  6:24 PM)Ultra Wrote: Gravity is still been a big part of the UK meta.

Ah, yes it is! But seeing it being useful in the Standard(world) Meta-game, is quite nice, haha!

@BHK- Oh, I see! Mostly a spin-equalizing combo, and even an Attacker, eh? Nice combo, that! Something what most spin-equalization combos can't do, is to be able to KO things which otherwise, could be KOed with ease. They actually complicate matters a bit; which makes me hate them. They transform an "easy-win battle" into a dramatic one, haha!
Thankfully, this doesn't need to do that every time. I really like this combo for that matter. Grin
I have tested with this vs good 230 combos and it beats them pretty good. I already knew they would from reading this thread.
This combo is amazing! However, i don't have RDF....
Would RSF or CS do good as well? Other than using MF......
I'm not sure. I have done a tiny bit of testing with CS and it did quite bad. As for RSF, PM ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) about it, as i don't have RSF and he said it was decent, so... However, RDF outperforms CS, MF and most likely RSF.
I like the results of these tests, but I have so much reservations with RDF -- I'm thoroughly surprised it has so much stamina. Even in free spin tests it doesn't have a lot. maybe these tests are mostly due to the spin steal. I don't know.
It's completely due to the Spin Equalization, RDF would be a terrible choice for any other (Non- Spin Steal/Equalization) combos.
That's why L-Drago Destroy/Guardian BD145RDF has been doing so well in the Michigan (was it Michigan?) meta.
Yes it was Michigan and RS was also used.
RS was never used in MI on a spin stealer. L-Drago Destroy/Guardian BD145RDF has won a recent tournament and Sag-Fire used it to beat Phantom Orion B: D (6-7 minute mold) . If did take over 15 minutes with about 8 draws but it managed the win. The RDF keeps the Beys straight up its a GREAT tip because of how wide it is. I don't want to change the subject so I'm just talking about the RDF, IT WORKS. It keeps the stealer upright and it does slow the stamina bey quite a bit, it acts as a brake to the other bey and it will slow down but it has enough left to win because it doesn't wobble over at all.
What does better,this or L-Drago Destroy/Guardian BD145RDF? Can someone test? Also,does the regular Gravity work as well?