MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170WF

(Jul. 16, 2011  7:15 PM)Shadow Scythe Wrote: I may have thought of a ''Counter''.
MF-H Scythe Kronos UW145XF
Try it. I know my thread was closed but I think the PC Frame will cancel out Basalt and UW145 will unbalance TH170 and XF will beat WF

I feel that the purpose of any combo threads is not to find the counter all the time. Yes, sure you need one or two counters, which in this case, th!nk has kindly provided. It should be tested against combos that are common in your community's metagame, and if it gets decent results, then it should be enough right? And if more members validate with their own tests against combos they are most familiar, and get decent results, then it will be top tier material.

I mean honestly, every beyblade combination has counters, just try it against the top tiers in your metagame. There is no need to be counter hunting all the time, because people will become more reluctant to post their combos overtime if that's the case.
(Jul. 16, 2011  9:14 PM)Bluezee Wrote: I figure the results would change if LLD was in stall mode. I will have to do this testing myself now that it changed because I know LLD should be doing better than that especially if LRF was used. Also, what mode is your LLD in? That is also very important.

LLD was in upper mode. Would multi-mode perform better? Your tests is appreciated. Thanks.
Multi hit mode with the claws uncovered is best for LLD. Test that way.
Alright. I'll try it out. I don't thing that it'll affect the results though. You fine with just 10 rounds?

Tested for MF-H Hell Bull BD145WD by the way. Use Basalt Kerbecs at 220 height and bank until it kinda scrapes the stadium, it'll form an aggressive pattern that knocks out the opposing combo often. If it doesn't it should eventually stand back up and out spin the weakened Hell BD145WD. If you over do the bank it'll scrape the whole match, you don't want that. Doubt me? Try it out yourself, it's a really neat launch.
(Jul. 16, 2011  11:45 PM)Hero Wrote: Alright. I'll try it out. I don't thing that it'll affect the results though. You fine with just 10 rounds?

Tested for MF-H Hell Bull BD145WD by the way. Use Basalt Kerbecs at 220 height and bank until it kinda scrapes the stadium, it'll form an aggressive pattern that knocks out the opposing combo often. If it doesn't it should eventually stand back up and out spin the weakened Hell BD145WD. If you over do the bank it'll scrape the whole match, you don't want that. Doubt me? Try it out yourself, it's a really neat launch.

I can back this up, it's a good launch to use for KOing stuff, a s long as you don't over bank (and even then I've KO'd with it).

Bluezee: Mine was upper mode, which has the "claws" revealed. Well, the pink stickers would be visible, were they there.
With the launch it actually becomes possible to beat the 85 Basalt combos mentioned in the beginning. I'll try to have tests up as soon as I can.

It doesn't help just KO though. It helps lower the opposing combo's spin and manage an OS win as well.
If you could provide testing, that'd be great. Next time you can, a vid or pics of the angle would help everyone Smile
Haven't read through the thread yet, but I thought I'd drop by here right now just to say that I love this custom with MF. I need to test it more with WF, but the MF version (with Aquario instead of Kerbecs) assisted in helping me win two or three matches at HIGH PARK THROWDOWN 3 today.
MF Scythe Aquario BD145EDS is a pretty solid combo. It out spins MF-H Basalt Kerbecs in all sorts of launches and heights. It's a very low recoil wheel in general and is quite heavy, pretty difficult to KO. I think it should be added to the counter section. EDS is doing something for this combo though. Basalt Kerbecs beat the CS variant rather easily, EDS takes a beat more.
This is really cool, but I definitely expected it coming. (TH170 practically replacing all 230 combinations)
Height change definitely makes this more versatile than what Bluezee and I came up with.
Dang it,more,and more reasons to get Beat Lynx.I'm really insterested in this combo though.
THIS IS SO MESSED UP! I was at a tourney yesterday (before this post was made) and my friend had the combo Hell kerbecs TH170CS (I told him once his Basalt Horogium came in the mail to use Basalt) so its a similar combo.He called it Lebrone James <-- Lol. This combo looks like it'll work though,I'll try to use CS and see the results we were going to test it I would like to post the results here if thats ok.
(Jul. 17, 2011  9:05 PM)Dan Wrote: This is really cool, but I definitely expected it coming. (TH170 practically replacing all 230 combinations)
Height change definitely makes this more versatile than what Bluezee and I came up with.

Exactly. TH170 definitely makes 230 almost irrelevant. As I said though, this spawned from your original idea. Thanks Dan. Grin

(Jul. 17, 2011  9:18 PM)Ultimate Kcpj Wrote: Dang it,more,and more reasons to get Beat Lynx.I'm really insterested in this combo though.

Definitely. TH170 is the reason to get Beat Lynx. I have a feeling it'll be seen in tournaments much more often.

(Jul. 17, 2011  9:40 PM)Rogue Blader Wrote: THIS IS SO MESSED UP! I was at a tourney yesterday (before this post was made) and my friend had the combo Hell kerbecs TH170CS (I told him once his Basalt Horogium came in the mail to use Basalt) so its a similar combo.He called it Lebrone James <-- Lol. This combo looks like it'll work though,I'll try to use CS and see the results we were going to test it I would like to post the results here if thats ok.

Okay. But th!nk and I worked on this combo for months now. Besides, MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170CS is already a well-known combo. There is a thread for TH170CS already though, please post it there instead. This thread is exclusively for TH170WF.
(Jul. 17, 2011  9:40 PM)Rogue Blader Wrote: THIS IS SO MESSED UP! I was at a tourney yesterday (before this post was made) and my friend had the combo Hell kerbecs TH170CS (I told him once his Basalt Horogium came in the mail to use Basalt) so its a similar combo.He called it Lebrone James <-- Lol. This combo looks like it'll work though,I'll try to use CS and see the results we were going to test it I would like to post the results here if thats ok.

Okay. But th!nk and I worked on this combo for months now. Besides, MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170CS is already a well-known combo. There is a thread for TH170CS already though, please post it there instead. This thread is exclusively for TH170WF.
[/quote]

Okay cool, I was searching for a thread that had it thanks for telling me i'll see if I can find it.
Everyone mentions TH170 replacing 230.

However MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145MB can OS MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170CS but not MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 230CS.

Tests for that should go on the other thread.
it can OS TH170 on 220 height..?
(Jul. 18, 2011  4:54 AM)Dan Wrote: it can OS TH170 on 220 height..?
Yes, TH220 rattled when it was battling MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145MB. BD145MB successfully outspun it.
Really? I found the opposite. But still, this isn't the place. I'll do basalt bd145mb tests against this when I have time.
(Jul. 18, 2011  5:00 AM)ControL_ Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2011  4:54 AM)Dan Wrote: it can OS TH170 on 220 height..?
Yes, TH220 rattled when it was battling MF-H Basalt Kerbecs BD145MB. BD145MB successfully outspun it.

Qft about the rattling on plastic tips, especially on hard banking. It seems to rattle less on metal tips, and almost no rattle on rubber tips (except CS)

However, I would trade a little rattle for a high versatility anytime. Definitely a real nice combo.
That is, of course, with CS (though I still doubt it...) WF can stall until MB's horrifically bad balance kicks in. I do believe I tried it out.
Testing later, as I said.
MB doesn't have horrific bad balance at all. Especially when used with BD145, the lowered centre of gravity means the balance is good enough to make most spin equalisers.

Yes this will probably spin stall MB, I think however, MB will get knock outs. MB can almost circle the TR, therefore the first 20 seconds will mean knock out zone.
I actually have MB, and used it in the same combo as you. I found balance issues, and use CS instead.

And yeah, I see MB getting KO's, depending on it's speed.
(Jul. 18, 2011  7:27 AM)th!nk Wrote: I actually have MB, and used it in the same combo as you. I found balance issues, and use CS instead.

And yeah, I see MB getting KO's, depending on it's speed.
Deciding MB or CS is definitely a personal preference thing imo.

I use MB to KO spin stallers, it does so again MFMLDCH120XF. People don't realise the KO potential with the MB variant, it KOs 230CS a bunch too...

Ofcourse i depends on its' speed, 100% pull, make it touch the TR, and KOs are possible. A sliding shoot is pretty easy to do as well, but inappropriate for this situation.
Hmm. I'll give it a shot, though my MB is a bit loose for a full on sliding shoot. Tongue_out

Thanks man. It always helps to have suggestions for how to test things against this Smile