MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 85D/WD *Update*

Old MF-H Libra Testing (Click to View)
Combo: MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 85D/WD
Conditions:
I used a beylauncher and beylauncher L, both are attached to a launcher grip. All battles were MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 85D battled against a NON-attack type the launches were alternated. Libra was launched first vs attack types. All attack types were launched with the sliding shoot pattern. All draws were re-tested.
Test are in the BB-10 attack type stadium.
Tests:
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 85D vs Big Bang Pegasus FGrin
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 85D: 18
Big Bang Pegasus FGrin: 2
Draws: 1
MF-H Basalt Kerbecs 85D win percentage: 90%
Great! Really shows the power of a short track like 85.

Also, change the thread name, because it is not Break Threw it's called: Breakthrough

So the title should be:

MF-H Libra 85D: A Breakthrough in defense logic

Wow... that's great, seeing a good MLD 90RF lose!
(Apr. 05, 2011  9:09 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Great! Really shows the power of a short track like 85.

Also, change the thread name, because it is not Break Threw it's called: Breakthrough

So the title should be:

MF-H Libra 85D: A Breakthrough in defense logic

Wow... that's great, seeing a good MLD 90RF lose!
Thanks for the correction.
Wow, those are some interesting results. I've seen various attack combos struggle with LTSC's before, I guess this is just taking that further...
And, it actually gives Libra a combo in which it's not outclassed by hell or basalt, which is nice (well, I'm guessing basalt will scrape, and hell will have too much recoil, anyway).

I'd still probably rather use MF-H Basalt Aquario 230CS for it's ability to reliably beat stamina types, but that's quite an interesting discovery.
I think since most Attack combos were on a 145 track they couldn't make proper contact with the Libra Wheel. LLDrago was the only attack combo on a 90 track and it got the highest Win rate.
Try it with 85 vs 85. That will actually prove this combos worth. But anyway, nice testings.

Requests.
LLD 85RF
MLD 85RF and other good attack combos with the same track as Libra every time.
(Apr. 05, 2011  10:23 PM)GaleForce Wrote: Try it with 85 vs 85. That will actually prove this combos worth. But anyway, nice testings.

Requests.
LLD 85RF
MLD 85RF and other good attack combos with the same track as Libra every time.
90 and 85 almost have no difference. Why should he do that?

Plus 85 scrapes the floor, especially with an Attack.

othellog, you could do it, but there's no use at all on 85 VS 85.
So that contact with Libra's MW is increased, making it more likely to go flying out of the stadium.
Very few people use lower track attack combos, at least, tracks lower than CH120, because 230 is omnipresent in our current metagame.

I might suggest Gravity might be able to hurt this, given it's overhang lets it hit low. But I'd have to mess around with it myself to be sure, and right now everyone's asleep, I don't want to wake them.
Update-
MF-H Libra 85D vs Earth Bull 145WD

MF-H Libra 85D : 8
Earth Bull 145WD: 2
Draws: 0
MF-H Libra 85D win percentage: 80%

MF-H Libra 85D vs Earth Bull DF145WD

MF-H Libra 85D : 9
Earth Bull DF145WD: 1
Draws: 0
MF-H Libra 85D win percentage: 90%
Testing against Hell Kerbecs BD145WD would be more useful, if you have the parts?

Also, if this becomes popular, right spin attackers might be useful again, Vulcan might get another chance at the big time...
(Apr. 05, 2011  10:34 PM)th!nk Wrote: 230 is omnipresent in our current metagame.
Speak for your own country, we rarely see 230 here.
Sorry, that's only what I'd assumed from reading posts about recent tourneys. We can't even get enough bladers for a tourney in Perth Tongue_out
I'm guessing it'd be harder to use against the bladers in your area.
I could, of course, be wrong, but that's the impression I got.
(Apr. 05, 2011  11:03 PM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Apr. 05, 2011  10:34 PM)th!nk Wrote: 230 is omnipresent in our current metagame.
Speak for your own country, we rarely see 230 here.

LOL I don't even go to LI tournaments and I know that. BD145 oh yeah. Our metagame is kinda twisted, which is good, since most of the time I have seen people use combos of all types.
Like I said in the previous topic you had these tests in,
I've used this combo before, and it was just so I had an easy uncustomized(almost) beyblade to KO for fun. I have no idea how it got so high for you :\

I guess I'll test it soon.
(Apr. 05, 2011  11:41 PM)SSJfisherman Wrote: Like I said in the previous topic you had these tests in,
I've used this combo before, and it was just so I had an easy uncustomized(almost) beyblade to KO for fun. I have no idea how it got so high for you :\

I guess I'll test it soon.
This is exactly what you said before
(Apr. 05, 2011  5:26 AM)SSJfisherman Wrote: Dude, I've played just for fun with my MF-H libra 100 d (I added the Mf-H when I played) from the super deck set, and it was super easy to KO
My combo is on 85
I think Vulcan would do well against this?
Mind doing comparative tests against CS and RS on 85?
(Apr. 06, 2011  12:00 AM)Dan Wrote: I think Vulcan would do well against this?
Mind doing comparative tests against CS and RS on 85?
Well, I don't have two 85's.
But you mean match-ups like this?
MF-H Libra 85D vs MF-H Earth Bull 85RS/CS
I can test this the next time I see Arupaeo(a WBO member and uncle), which won't happen till next week(He has almost every TT part). If any body can test this match-up please post in this thread when you get the results.
SSJfisherman will probably test MF-H Libra 85D against Vulcan this weekend.
No, he means do the same tests, but instead of d, use Cs and RS
(Apr. 06, 2011  12:13 AM)SSJfisherman Wrote: No, he means do the same tests, but instead of d, use Cs and RS
Diamond already did that on his thread.
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Don-t-lo...nse-Combos
I'll still test though.
I give thanks to Diamond for proving that low defense types can prove to be good.
BTW wouldn't the combo MF-H Libra 85D be considered a balance type?
Results can vary from person to person, so it's best if you do the comparative tests
Update-
MF-H Libra 85D vs Earth Wolf 100WD

MF-H Libra 85D: 9
Earth Wolf 100WD: 1
Draws: 1
MF-H Libra 85D win percentage: 90%
(Apr. 06, 2011  12:19 AM)SSJfisherman Wrote: Results can vary from person to person, so it's best if you do the comparative tests
Thanks, I understand know.
I just played with this combo. Four Words: Low Centre of Gravity.
That, and it's hard to hit something out of a stadium when the stadium edge is higher than the bey itself. And as Hell would likely have too much recoil and scrape, and basalt would scrape, Libra IS the best bet.
It's weathered a lot of MF LLD 90RF's best hits without losing, it did get KO'd every so often, but not what you'd expect up against the horror of the draconic overlord of the attack metagame. Vulcan 90R2F doesn't seem to do much either.

I'm very impressed, Othellog, might do some proper tests when I get through the testing I've promised others, if I have energy. I am so sick of testing libra, so don't count on it, but yeah.

That said, I'm still thinking Basalt/Hell combos are going to wreck it, but as a defensive combo, this is damn impressive. Obviously, I'd stick to Hell or Basalt for their ability to beat stamina beys, but this is very impressive. Not going to call top-tier this early, but Impressive.

ALSO, I strongly regret not testing this when I did all my libra testing. I managed to miss a lot of really good combos.

To everyone dismissing it, go test it if you can, the D gives it the ability to outspin stamina combos, that I'm not sure CS would

And I'm glad to see people using D now, it seemed a logical balance between SD and WD's strengths, but rather underused...
It is an impressive combo, but it took me a while to come up with the combo in the first place.
(Apr. 06, 2011  12:39 AM)th!nk Wrote: I just played with this combo. Four Words: Low Centre of Gravity.
That, and it's hard to hit something out of a stadium when the stadium edge is higher than the bey itself. And as Hell would likely have too much recoil and scrape, and basalt would scrape, Libra IS the best bet.
It's weathered a lot of MF LLD 90RF's best hits without losing, it did get KO'd every so often, but not what you'd expect up against the horror of the draconic overlord of the attack metagame. Vulcan 90R2F doesn't seem to do much either.

I'm very impressed, Othellog, might do some proper tests when I get through the testing I've promised others, if I have energy. I am so sick of testing libra, so don't count on it, but yeah.

That said, I'm still thinking Basalt/Hell combos are going to wreck it, but as a defensive combo, this is damn impressive. Obviously, I'd stick to Hell or Basalt for their ability to beat stamina beys, but this is very impressive. Not going to call top-tier this early, but Impressive.

ALSO, I strongly regret not testing this when I did all my libra testing. I managed to miss a lot of really good combos.

To everyone dismissing it, go test it if you can, the D gives it the ability to outspin stamina combos, that I'm not sure CS would

And I'm glad to see people using D now, it seemed a logical balance between SD and WD's strengths, but rather underused...
MF-H Libra 85D also wins against stamina combo's.
Ahhh, bad news. I cannot test now because my beylauncher L broke.(the part that connects the bey to the beylauncher) I have an extra one so I'll resume testing when I find it.
I will only test right vs right spin combo's right now because my beylauncher L broke. Does any one have an extra beylauncher L I can buy from them? When ever I find my beylauncher LR to replace the the part that connects the bey to the beylauncher I'll be ready to fully test combo's.