"Don't look down on midgets!" Low Height Defense Combos!

I’m pretty sure the idea of "low height Defense combos" have been looked into before, but I don't think that extensive tests were ever posted.

Anyway, here are some tests I’ve done to show how 85 height Defense combos perform compared to their 145 height variation (GB145):

Equipment:
MFB Attack Type BeyStadium
Beylauncher/BeyLauncher L
All Beys launched at 100% power
MF-H Earth Aquario 85/GB145CS always launched first

MF Lightning L Drago (Upper Mode) _____RF (Click to View)

MF Gravity Perseus (Right Spin, Counter Mode) _____RF (Click to View)

Vulcan____ 90/85 RF/R2F (Click to View)

Meteo L Drago CH120LRF (Click to View)

It's also probably worth mentioning that, although most of you probably figured this out already, MF-H Earth Bull 85CS achieved a 100% win rate over MF-H Earth Bull GB145CS.

It would be great if some of you can post some tests of Low Height Defense Combos together with some tests of 145 height ones as a comparison.
(I'm especially eager to see how Vulcan will do against MF-H Earth Bull/Aquario 85/90 CS/RS/RSF, since I have a feeling that it wouldn't achieve as high a win rate as it does with 145 height Defense combos.)
Surprised, as when I tried this I just knocked it around with LLD and Vulcan.. :V

So basically this kills high attackers? But this should be true as 85>145>230 amirite?
(Jan. 15, 2011  2:56 PM)Dan Wrote: Surprised, as when I tried this I just knocked it around with LLD and Vulcan.. :V
Not sure 'bout Vulcan, but for me, LLD Destabliize and/then KO 145 height Defense combos more frequently compared to 85 heights. :V
Yeah, Vulcan does a great job of destabilizing when against 145's. Man, I need my CS back or I would be all over this thread. Can I use some WB results, haha? >.<
(Jan. 15, 2011  3:15 PM)Dan Wrote: Can I use some WB results, haha? Pinching_eyes_2
Any test results would be great, thanks!
MF-H Earth Bull 85WB vs. Vulcan Horuseus 90RF
MF-H Earth Bull 85WB win rate: 2/10
Vulcan Horuseus 90RF win rate: 8/10
Earth Bull 85 win percent: 20%

Edit: MLD 90LRF Cannot keep up as most of its hits are coming from Meteo, not LDrago II against 85 so it can't KO or outspin. :V
I am wondering what would happen with WB as well. That is what was essentially always used before, and perhaps height is more needed with it.
Okay; Meteo LDrago CH120LRF test:

MF-H Earth Bull 85WB vs. Meteo LDrago CH120LRF
MF-H Earth Bull 85WB win rate: 3/10
Meteo LDrago CH120LRF win rate: 7/10
Earth Bull 85 win percent: 30%

Wondering; should I even bother doing comparative results with C145?
Dude, you're using WB? Did you lose your CS?
(Jan. 15, 2011  4:26 PM)Dan Wrote: Wondering; should I even bother doing comparative results with C145?
That'll be cool, if it isn't too much to ask for.
A101: Yes I did. :[ Will buy more soon.
Diamond: Sure.

MF-H Earth Bull C145WB vs. Meteo LDrago CH120LRF
MF-H Earth Bull C145WB win rate: 2/10
Meteo LDrago CH120LRF win rate: 8/10
C145 win rate: 20%
85 win rate: 30%

MF-H Earth Bull C145WB vs. Vulcan Horuseus 90RF
MF-H Earth Bull C145WB win rate: 1/10
Vulca Horuseus 90RF win rate: 9/10
C145 win rate: 10%
85 win rate: 20%
What about with oither defense bottoms? And what about 230?
Very interesting results though.
Would it be okay if I use a 100 track to test it out?
I don't see why not, check out the difference in performance at different heights?
(Jan. 15, 2011  7:30 PM)Dan Wrote: I don't see why not, check out the difference in performance at different heights?

Alright I'll test it out today... Also, I noticed that when using an EXTREMELY worn RF, its defenseive capabilities are really good. Because it has a low center of gravity and high grip with the stadium, attacks are negated. Someone should test it with RSF/RS as I believe it will not move when hit... literally. I'll make a video explaining what I mean.
I noticed that too, with my super worn R2F. But stamina is carp.
(Jan. 15, 2011  7:36 PM)Dan Wrote: I noticed that too, with my super worn R2F. But stamina is carp.

Hmm I guess the shape of R2F is causing stamina to suffer. My RF is rounded almost in the shape of the tip of WB, so it is sort of like RWB... decent stamina.
Okay something is wrong here LOL:
Very worn R2F, though it makes all the proper movements and speeds.

Earth Bull 85R2F vs. Vulcan Horuseus 90RF
Earth Bull 85R2F win rate: 8/10
Vulcan Horuseus 90RF win rate: 2/10
Worn R2F win percent: 80% Wut!? Dear god.
KO: 3

Earth Bull 85R2F vs. Meteo LDrago CH120RF
Earth Bull 85R2F win rate: 7/10
Meteo LDrago CH120RF win rate: 3/10
Worn R2F win rate: 70%
KO: 3

Scary..
Some results:

MF Earth Bull 85RSF vs. MF Lightning L Drago 100R2F
Standard Testing Procedures
Beylauncher for both, Worn R2F

MF Earth Bull GB145RSF vs. MF Lightning L Drago 100R2F
Standard Testing Procedures

MF Earth Bull 85RSF acted like a "wall" and flung L Drago back a lot.

Also, for the 2nd battle, there were a ridiculous amount of draws.
the earth+rf/r2f combo is already known, it works well vs recoil attackers (just if you didnt already know...)

hmm low height for defence, i got to try that someday it looks good
Low Defence Combos is something that I've known about for quite awhile now, in fact I've even made a video of it a few months ago. I suppose I was keeping this idea to myself for if a Tournament or a random battle popped up and somebody thought it'd be funny to battle me using MF Vulcan Horusues 85R2F but none of that ever eventuated, lol. Plus by then 230 was released which in my opinion is a better track to use Defensively so I kinda overlooked the idea a bit.

I've found that I've recorded better win rates using 100 instead of 85, though it must be said that while I've known about the idea for some time now I haven't conducted any Formal Testing. In my tests I was using MF - H Earth (Mold 2) Bull 100RS VS MF Vulcan Horusues 85RF/R2F and Vulcan's win rate was a measly 10 - 20%. I did perform tests against Lightning and Gravity as well but I can't remember how the Defence Combo faired Uncertain
Wolfblade: you didn't understand what I was getting at. Speechless
I will try this at 100 and see how it goes.
(Jan. 15, 2011  10:18 PM)Dan Wrote: Wolfblade: you didn't understand what I was getting at. Speechless

yeah i dont get what people mean often (its a problem of mine, sorry) offtopic
I have some results:

Standard testing procedures
BeyLauncher used for both:

MF-H Earth Bull 85CS vs. Lightning L-Drago CH120RF
MF-H Earth Bull 85CS: 1 win (1 OS)
Lightning L-Drago CH120RF: 6 wins (6 KO's)
3 Draws
Earth Bull win rate: 10%

MF-H Earth Bull C145CS vs. Lightning L-Drago CH120RF
MF-H Earth Bull C145CS: 2 wins (2 OS's)
Lightning L-Drago CH120RF: 8 wins (8 KO's)
Earth Bull win rate: 20%

Essentially, Lightning L-Drago owned everything. Does anyone want results with Libra as the defense wheel or Earth Bull having a 100 height?
Try both 85 and 100 against Lightning LDrago 100/90 LRF/R2F/RF.