MBG Series - Manic Blader Gear

MBG
MANIC BLADER GEAR

FOR BLADERS. BY BLADERS.

Logo WIP

What is MBG?

The MBG Series of custom made products are designed and made for the sake of enhancing the blader experience.

As the name implies, Manic Blader Gear will be a line of various items that will allow bladers to do more with their Beyblade products. The idea came about when I decided to design and 3D print some stuff I thought would be cool. After realising that the "stuff" I was designing could benefit the entire WBO community, I set out to gather a team who would aid me in the design and distribution of MBG products. I plan on designing and releasing products to aid every kind of blader, from competitve bladers to testers to collectors. Not only that, the community will have a direct input into the design of each product! What a time to be alive! Grin
MBG is made for Bladers, by Bladers.

What's in store?

Various items are planned, from launcher grip attachments to display stands. Beyblade North 2016 attendees may have seen MBG products already, particularly the MBG-01 Hex Base or MBG-00 Trophy. MBG-01 is nearing completion and will be available to purchase later this year. This is so much more to look forward to, so please stay tuned! All updates will go in this thread and will be logged under the appropiate MBG Product Code number in the OP.

PLEASE NOTE: Even though various MBG products may be awesome and enhance your blader experience, they are in NO way endorsed by the WBO and may NOT be used in official tournaments.

MBG Products:

MBG Proposed Products:

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY PURCHASE REQUESTS! THIS IS A DESIGN AND SHOWCASE THREAD ONLY! PURCHASE THREAD WILL BE UP IN AUGUST.

Thanks for your understanding! Grin

Thanks for taking a look! Please leave any comments, feedback or suggestions below! If you have any ideas for more MBG Proposed Products, feel free to comment below or PM me if you wish to elaborate.

I'll be updating the thread every so often with quick and/or major updates. Think of this like a blog, where I show off what I'm working on and how close they are to completion. Then once they are completed, you can opt in to purchase one for yourself! More on that in August 2016 in the Purchase Thread.

This is only the start and I hope you will all join me on this venture.
Stay tuned and BLADE ON!
wow awsome!!!!!

i'm really excited to buy these stuff.

btw as I'm host. is it possible for me to buy trophy for my upcoming events?
(May. 29, 2016  1:35 AM)FIREFIRE Wrote: wow awsome!!!!!

i'm really excited to buy these stuff.

btw as I'm host. is it possible for me to buy trophy for my upcoming events?

It has to be very well in advance. You'd have to take shipping time into consideration of course.
At the moment, I won't be taking orders, but after August, all completed MBG products will be available and that includes MBG-00 trophies for hosts to buy. I'll try making MBG-00s for hosts when they request them, but I may change my mind if I keep getting too many requests, since it takes time to make them (since I have to change the design each time). We shall see.

Thanks for the interest! I'll update again after Beyblade North 2016 as there are some things that still haven't been shown. In the coming weeks, my team and I will finish off the finalisation of the price range for MBG-01. I'll update again as soon as that is done.
Manicben was kind enough to give me a final prototype of MBG-01, and I can definitely say that it is great. It can hold almost every disk and driver with the exception of Force, Press and maybe Defense. I think it's great and cannot wait to see the final version and others to come.

Here are some pictures of the Hex Base!

[Image: 1ryzvl.jpg]
[Image: 2cgk4s1.jpg]

Thank you Manicben for this, and all the effort you have put into it. I cannot wait for other items Smile
Those hex bases look really useful! I'd love to get a couple once I actually have Burst beys on hand. The only thing that turns me off is having so little space around the edges. I'd love to be able to make labels and such for quick identification of beys, and I just don't think that would be possible with such little surface area.
(May. 29, 2016  5:42 AM)ForZ Wrote: Those hex bases look really useful! I'd love to get a couple once I actually have Burst beys on hand. The only thing that turns me off is having so little space around the edges. I'd love to be able to make labels and such for quick identification of beys, and I just don't think that would be possible with such little surface area.

Hm... That certainly is a good point. I was going for a minimal look, but I do understand that some people may want to label their combos.
I'll revisit this concept in 2 weeks time after exams are over. I think I may have a solution.
Just as reference, how large do you think labels should be?
When I label something like my big box 'o beys, the diameter I cut is usually 1.25 inches horizontally and 1/4th of an inch vertically. Take that with a grain of salt, because my eyes have always been bad.
(May. 29, 2016  2:39 PM)ForZ Wrote: When I label something like my big box 'o beys, the diameter I cut is usually 1.25 inches horizontally and 1/4th of an inch vertically. Take that with a grain of salt, because my eyes have always been bad.

Ok, I work in mm (standard 3D printing practise), so let's say 30mm by 10mm rectangle. That should be enough for one label and it aligns with one of the sides of a hex base (side is 30mm long roughly). I won't be changing the dimensions of the hex base, but I've always planned add-ons to the hex bases. This could become one of them. Grin
(May. 29, 2016  2:46 PM)Manicben Wrote:
(May. 29, 2016  2:39 PM)ForZ Wrote: When I label something like my big box 'o beys, the diameter I cut is usually 1.25 inches horizontally and 1/4th of an inch vertically. Take that with a grain of salt, because my eyes have always been bad.

Ok, I work in mm (standard 3D printing practise), so let's say 30mm by 10mm rectangle. That should be enough for one label and it aligns with one of the sides of a hex base (side is 30mm long roughly). I won't be changing the dimensions of the hex base, but I've always planned add-ons to the hex bases. This could become one of them. Grin

I think that's a fantastic idea, addons would be lovely. And, sorry I'm not too up on my 3D printing practices Pinching_eyes_2
This is pretty damn cool. Can't wait to see what the future holds for you
Thought I'd give this a quick bump by throwing my support behind it. Really cool stuff. Can't wait for the duotron launcher attachment - something which really needs to be remade, considering the lackluster results from previous "one-piece" duotron launchers.
Oh my god! This is amazing! Ahh, I can't wait! Will you have Burst launcher grip attachments? Like the ones in the anime?
I've been wanting that for YEARS.

Keep it up! :'D
That looks dope!!!^-^
Well, since BeyDays is finally over, I can now reveal some of the exclusive MBG-01 Hex Base Variants.
Photos are in the OP!

The Prize/Trophy bases are just spray painted Hex Bases. They get this nice metallic sheen, but I still haven't found a reliable way of protecting the finish (e.g. top coat) while keeping the shiny look. I'm looking into wax as a surface finish, so we shall see... At the moment, the paint is susceptible to damage and wear, especially prolonged contact with fingers (like some metals actually lol).

The Committee Bases are another variant and as its name implies are only for a select number of members (the blue username committee/mods in this case). These are blue Hex Bases with a cutout in the front, in which a laser cut and etched plaque is inserted. I think these look awesome, despite being prototypes themselves. They are far from perfect.
Before everyone starts throwing money at the screen for their own personalised Hex Base, I'd like to say that the committee version bases are a one time thing. Same goes for any exclusive bases in the future.
I made these ones as my way of thanking the committee (those in attendance at AN2016 plus Mitsu) for what they have done for Beyblade North 2016, as well as the upkeep of the WBO itself. (Don't worry other committee, your time shall come Grin )

I have ideas for other exclusive Hex Bases in the future, and while I don't mind everyone sharing their ideas for exclusive products here, I reserve the right to decide what to make and who to make it for. Please do not be disappointed if your ideas get overlooked, but you may never know, I may just like your ideas and make them a reality!

As always, thanks for reading! Please check out my new Instagram account! I upload sneak peaks or early photos of projects on there, as well as some other shenanigans, so follow for somewhat frequent updates.
https://www.instagram.com/manic.ben/

EDIT: Photos now in OP. Find them under MBG Products -> MBG-01 Hex Base -> Variants and Exclusive Versions
I would really like to see a better designed (and more atheistically pleasing) launcher grip for burst. Something easier and cleaner. Or even a grip holder [Image: GingaBeatsKyoya.jpg] as seen on Ginga's belt. Thanks!
I did not yet find a Beyblade-related use among my current setup, but today I found out that I could rearrange my Nanana figurines there to form a fruit basket hahah, really nice:

[Image: Nanana_Fruit_Basket.jpg]

Thank you again, Manicben.
Oh sweet Jesus. How did I not see your post till now @[Kai-V]
That's a hilarious use of my creation. Never thought my products would get used for things like that (and the bitchip photo on social media)...

Good news is that I've now got a largish 3D printer and it's mostly calibrated and ready to go.
Once I've gotten some Hex Bases printed out, I'll update with the photos (which should be a representation of the final Hex Base product)

Got other stuff planned (I now have 3 day weekends, every weekend, got Fridays off), so I'll get round to them soon. I'll focus on items that are WBO legal (boxes, holders, etc) before going onto grips and attachments.
It is even better in this angle, that I see everyday: it is like they are a happy bunch chilling out in a pool or a spa:

[Image: Nanana_Fruit_Basket_Pool.jpg]

All in all, thank you again for it hah.
I thought that I'd help to revive this discussion too. How do the new God Beys fit in your hex bases? Also would you think of printing out team logo badges for teams on the WBO? Preferably with options for necklace, belt clip and maybe pin on variations if possible. It would be awesome for us to be able to show the group that we represent in team formats.