[Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament

The event is going to be scheduled for the 23rd of August, does that work for everyone?
23rd of August? Maybe been praying for an event like this may consider it.
Depends on the time. Hopefully so tho...
(Aug. 09, 2015  2:44 AM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: Depends on the time. Hopefully so tho...

Should be early in the afternoon, so probably around 12:00, or maybe 11:00.
Any news on if the tournament is official or not yet? If not, then I think that we should start planning for a later date this year, or even possibly next year in January or February unless we can find a date not too far away but still with enough time so that it can be confirmed and gain as much interest as possible.
(Aug. 10, 2015  4:04 AM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: Any news on if the tournament is official or not yet? If not, then I think that we should start planning for a later date this year, or even possibly next year in January or February unless we can find a date not too far away but still with enough time so that it can be confirmed and gain as much interest as possible.

It's just scheduled for the 23rd unless something hinders it from working out, Emerald Knights has it on their schedule and we've got a table that would be available for us, so it's about as official as it can get until we confirm enough members and then can propose the event. If it doesn't work out, it's no problem for me to call Emerald Knights and cancel the event.

I just really want this tournament to work out, I don't want another planned event to just come up short, so I might try to get some more people I know to go, or reach out to bladers in LA more somehow.
Alta, can you leave any flyers or anything like that at Emerald Knights or any toy store near you so we can increase interest? I wouldn't mind lending out some of my Beyblades to any newcomers.
(Aug. 10, 2015  4:17 AM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: Alta, can you leave any flyers or anything like that at Emerald Knights or any toy store near you so we can increase interest? I wouldn't mind lending out some of my Beyblades to any newcomers.

Not a bad idea if they would allow me to, I was initially thinking of posting flyers around Burbank, but in the store would be a good idea.
(Aug. 10, 2015  4:24 AM)Alta Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2015  4:17 AM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: Alta, can you leave any flyers or anything like that at Emerald Knights or any toy store near you so we can increase interest? I wouldn't mind lending out some of my Beyblades to any newcomers.

Not a bad idea if they would allow me to, I was initially thinking of posting flyers around Burbank, but in the store would be a good idea.

I was looking on the event calendar and didn't see anything beyblade related on the 23rd...

Anyhow, at Emerald Knights, we should suggest that if they get anyone that is interested, they should email you or I in the case that person is unable to make an account at that moment.

Also, should we stick to Standard or does anyone think Limited might be the way to go?
(Aug. 10, 2015  4:40 AM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: I was looking on the event calendar and didn't see anything beyblade related on the 23rd...

Anyhow, at Emerald Knights, we should suggest that if they get anyone that is interested, they should email you or I in the case that person is unable to make an account at that moment.

Also, should we stick to Standard or does anyone think Limited might be the way to go?

I don't think they post every event that is happening on their website, but they know it's planned for that day.

If I put up flyers, I would definitely add an email to contact if they're interested, maybe a phone number, I would put down all the information they need on it, including the fee for the event entry.

I think we should stick with Standard for now, but it depends on what everyone is interested in.
The event is in a week and a half, you'll need a bit more than that for Kai-V to fully evaluate you. You might want to reschedule for a later weekend.
Okay, I think our plan should be to get something for late November/December? Is that good for everyone?
(Aug. 14, 2015  8:53 PM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: Okay, I think our plan should be to get something for late November/December? Is that good for everyone?

El Nino will decide that, apparently we're gonna get the rain from water hell.
(Aug. 10, 2015  4:04 AM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: Any news on if the tournament is official or not yet? If not, then I think that we should start planning for a later date this year, or even possibly next year in January or February unless we can find a date not too far away but still with enough time so that it can be confirmed and gain as much interest as possible.

I agree with this, if this is set and confirmed then I must get prepared for this(Even though as of currently I am semi-confirmed for going but whatever)
(Aug. 14, 2015  8:53 PM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: Okay, I think our plan should be to get something for late November/December? Is that good for everyone?

I think if we reschedule it should be sometime in September, because we're already very close to having the members we need. I'm probably going to make posters for the event and put them in Emerald Knights or around the Burbank area.
I only bring it up, because there are for days left and no official thread for the event. And more members try to join when they see see that link on the homepage.
(Aug. 19, 2015  12:48 AM)earthwolf1404 Wrote: I only bring it up, because there are for days left and no official thread for the event. And more members try to join when they see see that link on the homepage.

At this point yes, the date will definitely be changed, I've just been lazy and haven't gotten around to calling Emerald Knights to cancel the current date.

Anyone have an idea of what would work best in either September or October? maybe we could do something around Halloween time, it's very much dependent on what works best for your schedules, we need to get as many attendees as possible who are free for said date.
I'm available any day, as long as it's a weekend.
September is very uncertain for me. And as a plus, I'm restarting Beyblade Club in two weeks, I'll do what I can to build interest in Fontana.
I am thinking of somewhere near late November because that is when my birthday is and I would like to do something for it like have a tournament. But whatever is soonest and gets the most people confirmed. I'm living in L.A. permanently, so problems with getting there shouldn't exsit anymore.
Here is the flyer I made for the tournament, minus any of the event info that it will have on it. These will be posted in Emerald Knights to garner interest from more people and hopefully give us some new members that would like to attend future events. I may also post these flyers all around the city when I get the chance, it would be nice if we could get more people from LA to join the WBO and boost our activity, I could even make a more general flyer designed simply to direct people to joining the WBO if they are interested in competition.

Hope you guys like it.
Wow, I quite like it, personally. Great graphics.
(Aug. 20, 2015  3:08 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Wow, I quite like it, personally. Great graphics.

Thanks, it's good to hear you like it.

(Aug. 20, 2015  2:20 AM)earthwolf1404 Wrote: September is very uncertain for me. And as a plus, I'm restarting Beyblade Club in two weeks, I'll do what I can to build interest in Fontana.

Alright well October also sounds like a good time to hold an event, whatever works.

(Aug. 20, 2015  6:11 AM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: I am thinking of somewhere near late November because that is when my birthday is and I would like to do something for it like have a tournament. But whatever is soonest and gets the most people confirmed. I'm living in L.A. permanently, so problems with getting there shouldn't exsit anymore.

We'll probably do something sooner, but we may also be able to hold an event in November as well if we can get activity up, I'd like to start doing events every other month or so once we garner enough regular attendees.

For now I called Emerald Knights to cancel the 23rd as the date, and we'll figure out a better date for everyone. As for the flyers, I'd like to post them up before the event is confirmed just so we can gather more members from LA, but in that case the flyer will probably advertise something more broad simply to get people interested in joining the WBO for regular events.
Way time and street
Alright guys, we really only need one more person now that I found out TheSynchromeKid's proper account username after looking at an old LA tournament thread. However, of course the amount of people who go still depends on how available they are for whatever date we choose, but I really want to get this tournament in gear, it's been incredibly slow lately, October still seems like a good time to me, it's just hard to get this event moving when it seems like a few members randomly go inactive sometimes when we're already barely scraping by for the minimum attendees.