[Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament

I am confirming for appearing in october so, consider me in.~
(Aug. 27, 2015  1:01 AM)Meta madness Wrote: I am confirming for appearing in october so, consider me in.~

We'll try for October then and see what happens. I will provide an update as soon as possible.
Anyway that I could give off possible assistance? As of a recent event consider me available for providing aid where it's needed~
Try posting on Craigslist or other local event sites in your area Smile @[LMAO] told me a lot of Toronto members were discovered this way.
Yeah, exactly!

If you can find a classified ads site for LA specifically, that may be better than Craigslist, but you should post ads on as many sites as possible. Alta, you're doing a great job with your dedication towards hosting a tournament!
That is really brilliant! I'll try that for sure considering I already have a Craigslist account set up!

Now that I am staying in Los Angeles permanently (until university, of course), I'm pretty much confirmed for any event, but I might not be as active as I am now so I'll send Alta my new e-mail address. I should also be able to help out with stadiums and prizes but mid-September or October. I definitely want to do something on or before Nov. 29 (BDay).
I still have my Three BB-10's and prizes. And club rush is tomorrow, so I should have a general idea of possible future attendees soon. I would like to Co-host if you need help. I'm not comfortable with hosting my own tourneys at the moment.
(Aug. 27, 2015  8:25 PM)Meta madness Wrote: Anyway that I could give off possible assistance? As of a recent event consider me available for providing aid where it's needed~

I would appreciate any help we can get, maybe you could see if any of your friends might be interested, anything would be useful.

(Aug. 27, 2015  8:34 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: Try posting on Craigslist or other local event sites in your area Smile @[LMAO] told me a lot of Toronto members were discovered this way.
(Aug. 27, 2015  8:40 PM)LMAO Wrote: Yeah, exactly!

If you can find a classified ads site for LA specifically, that may be better than Craigslist, but you should post ads on as many sites as possible. Alta, you're doing a great job with your dedication towards hosting a tournament!

That sounds like a good idea to try Craigslist and classified ads, as for posting things in local event sites, I was going to post this at event sites around LA: Of course it would have more information on it, this is just the base flyer.
Thank you for the kind words LMAO.

(Aug. 28, 2015  1:30 AM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: That is really brilliant! I'll try that for sure considering I already have a Craigslist account set up!

Now that I am staying in Los Angeles permanently (until university, of course), I'm pretty much confirmed for any event, but I might not be as active as I am now so I'll send Alta my new e-mail address. I should also be able to help out with stadiums and prizes but mid-September or October. I definitely want to do something on or before Nov. 29 (BDay).

I would appreciate any help I can get with advertising the event, as well as help getting prizes for it. If we can get the September/October event planned out, November also seems like it would be a great time to hold another event.

(Aug. 28, 2015  2:46 AM)earthwolf1404 Wrote: I still have my Three BB-10's and prizes. And club rush is tomorrow, so I should have a general idea of possible future attendees soon. I would like to Co-host if you need help. I'm not comfortable with hosting my own tourneys at the moment.

That sounds great, hopefully we will be able to get enough regular attendees in the future so that we won't be just barely meeting the minimum anymore. I could definitely use a co-host, so if you are interested in doing it I'm all for it.
Anything would be useful eh? Hmph, if that is completely true then thankfully I do have some friends who're still into this and after hours of convincing I was only able to convince 1 of 3 them to attend with me. After reading much of the advertising and what not in that post. I'd be more than happy enough to help spread the word since due to some recent events, consider me a primary assist in this.
How does October 24/25 sound for everyone? It seems far enough for everyone to figure out if they can attend and make arrangements and also so that we can advertise it as well. It also gives me time to make purchases for the tournament as well.

On the advertising part, how does this sound:
Quote:Craigslist Ad reads:

World Beyblade Organization Tournament: Los Angeles Area

The members of the World Beyblade Organization (LA Area) @ worldbeyblade.org, are looking to host a tournament in the Los Angeles Area. We need your help! If you or anyone that you know is interested in being part of this tournament, that is ranked worldwide, please email me or register at worldbeyblade.org and look for the Los Angeles thread in the Events Forum.
RULES:
1.There are entry fees: $5 for a single tournament or $10 to attend tournaments free for a year! This helps out the Beyblade community and helps to buy prizes
2. Fake parts and stadiums are NOT allowed. Only Takara Tomy, Hasbro, and SonoKong pieces allowed.

Check worldbeyblade.org for more rules.

Is there anything that I should add to it or remove for that matter?
(Aug. 28, 2015  9:52 PM)Meta madness Wrote: Anything would be useful eh? Hmph, if that is completely true then thankfully I do have some friends who're still into this and after hours of convincing I was only able to convince 1 of 3 them to attend with me. After reading much of the advertising and what not in that post. I'd be more than happy enough to help spread the word since due to some recent events, consider me a primary assist in this.

Well it's good to hear that you at least got one person, just make sure they sign up for an account so they can attend. As for spreading word of the event, I think we could all do something to gather interest, I want to finish up the final version of the flyer I posted, I just have to put a date and all the other info and make it all really concise. When the flyer is finished, I can share it on here for any of you guys who want to print it out and post it around your area.

(Aug. 28, 2015  10:24 PM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: How does October 24/25 sound for everyone? It seems far enough for everyone to figure out if they can attend and make arrangements and also so that we can advertise it as well. It also gives me time to make purchases for the tournament as well.

On the advertising part, how does this sound:
Quote:Craigslist Ad reads:

World Beyblade Organization Tournament: Los Angeles Area

The members of the World Beyblade Organization (LA Area) @ worldbeyblade.org, are looking to host a tournament in the Los Angeles Area. We need your help! If you or anyone that you know is interested in being part of this tournament, that is ranked worldwide, please email me or register at worldbeyblade.org and look for the Los Angeles thread in the Events Forum.
RULES:
1.There are entry fees: $5 for a single tournament or $10 to attend tournaments free for a year! This helps out the Beyblade community and helps to buy prizes
2. Fake parts and stadiums are NOT allowed. Only Takara Tomy, Hasbro, and SonoKong pieces allowed.

Check worldbeyblade.org for more rules.

Is there anything that I should add to it or remove for that matter?

The 24th sounds like it would work best, and generally people can work with Saturdays.

As for the advertisement, I could not have done it better myself, really nice job on it. I can't really think of much we should add to it, other than maybe making it a bit more prominent that there will be prizes in order to encourage people to come.
Also add links to these threads, expect people to be too lazy to type.
Okay, so the ad for the tournament has been posted! Tell me if I need to add anything.

WBO: Los Angeles Tournament 10/24/15

Also, we should start seeing who on the site already can confirm.

Night of the Spinning Dead!

Confirmed:

@[Alta]- Host
Taiwo Seigi
@[Meta madness]
@[OwnageDerp]
@[tanzam10]

Possible:

@[infernoblader8]
(Aug. 30, 2015  4:28 AM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: Okay, so the ad for the tournament has been posted! Tell me if I need to add anything.

WBO: Los Angeles Tournament 10/24/15

Also, we should start seeing who on the site already can confirm.

Name idea(?):
Halloween Metal Bash!

Confirmed:

Taiwo Seigi

Possible:

Looks good. I will group message everyone to update them about the new date, you can also confirm me as "Alta (host)" just so there is no confusion. We can all discuss the name for the event, I'm still not sure what I'd like to do with it, personally I took a bit of a liking to the idea of naming the events after songs from the original Beyblade, though I'd also like to have some relevance to Halloween in the title as well.
-Rise above Halloween

-Halloween weight generation beyblade

-Bey battles all across Halloween

-Let's Halloween Beyblade

-spooky scary skeleton

There is more than enough footage of other international tournaments that could give you some inspiration really on what to do with it. There is always a lot of room for growing and there is always room for adjustments so let's all decide if necessary.
-Night of the spinning dead. I couldn't include a song, but at least I tried.
(Aug. 31, 2015  2:57 PM)earthwolf1404 Wrote: -Night of the spinning dead. I couldn't include a song, but at least I tried.

Damn, that's actually really good.
I think we will go with that.
@[earthwolf1404] Are your confirmed or possible?

No replies to the craigslist ad yet, but hopefully there will be some soon.
I'm confirmed. I'm glad you guys like it. First meeting is in two days so I will give you feedback on if anyone from my club is interested.
Okay, so just 3 or 4 more people until we can do a proposal!
(Sep. 04, 2015  5:28 AM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: Okay, so just 3 or 4 more people until we can do a proposal!

I do truly hope this goes quicker than last time to gain the attendees needed, it really should be because I messaged everyone who has been available previously, which is about 9 or so members, plus we have an ad on Craigslist, earthwolf might get some people from his club to attend, and at some point I also still plan to post flyers around LA and in Emerald Knights.

When we get enough members I'll make a proposal, just so there is no confusion with who is the host.
That's fine with me.

No results from the ad yet but I'm still hopeful.
Is there anything that we might not have thought of that we should do? October will come fast and we need to get everything in place before we have this tournament.
(Sep. 04, 2015  11:37 PM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: That's fine with me.

No results from the ad yet but I'm still hopeful.
Is there anything that we might not have thought of that we should do? October will come fast and we need to get everything in place before we have this tournament.

Try Facebook groups (notably the Beyblade Page), YouTube, etc.
Night of the Spinning Dead is a great name, so I sincerely hope you can pull it off.
Err, wait a minute....Atla, lol aren't you in the BeyUK pro- hmph, knew something was familiar about you though tsk, that's of little to no concern as of currently. Since I'll be in mid-south Cali for the second half into the early half of October, I can be assisting with the poster and notifications for the tournaments. Though the proposal set up is of concern to me for a reason of the set up.

Though once it's established then I'm positive it won't be much of my worry anymore~