[Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament

(Sep. 04, 2015  11:37 PM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: That's fine with me.

No results from the ad yet but I'm still hopeful.
Is there anything that we might not have thought of that we should do? October will come fast and we need to get everything in place before we have this tournament.

As long as some of the members I notified can attend, we should be pretty much in the clear, but I hope we can exceed that and have more attendees than we need.

(Sep. 05, 2015  12:23 AM)Meta madness Wrote: Err, wait a minute....Atla, lol aren't you in the BeyUK pro- hmph, knew something was familiar about you though tsk, that's of little to no concern as of currently. Since I'll be in mid-south Cali for the second half into the early half of October, I can be assisting with the poster and notifications for the tournaments. Though the proposal set up is of concern to me for a reason of the set up.

Though once it's established then I'm positive it won't be much of my worry anymore~

I'm not entirely sure I follow, Meta. I am part of a BeyUK page where they are designing their continuation of the Beyblade manga, though recently I haven't participated much because some of the writing so far is excessive and a bit of a drag to keep up with, but that's the only section of the BeyUK I'm part of, I was originally going to be one of the artists for it.
Okay, so far, nothing from Craigslist. I think that Beyblade has kinda died out here in L.A. but it's weird that we live in such a huge city and can't find any other people to join this tournament.

I think we should try to enlist the help of @[jojospud247] . I think with her large following on Youtube, she might be able to advertise to residents of the Los Angeles area.

I'm also thinking that with the revival of the Los Angeles Beyblade community, it might be best to get off our feet with a Limited format. When we get the number of approved people, we should put it to a vote.

EDIT: OR, or.....

Why not both?
(Sep. 08, 2015  2:32 AM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: Okay, so far, nothing from Craigslist. I think that Beyblade has kinda died out here in L.A. but it's weird that we live in such a huge city and can't find any other people to join this tournament.

I think we should try to enlist the help of @[jojospud247}] . I think with her large following on Youtube, she might be able to advertise to residents of the Los Angeles area.

I'm also thinking that with the revival of the Los Angeles Beyblade community, it might be best to get off our feet with a Limited format. When we get the number of approved people, we should put it to a vote.

Why not both?

It would be useful if we could get her help to advertise events, though she is on the list of people I send notifications to when gathering attendees and she hasn't responded, and I don't think she did last time either.

As for the format, I would personally vote standard just because I have a preference for it, but also because I'm not sure if limited format would necessarily help get us off our feet, standard format probably has about as good of a chance considering Zero-G parts were the last system to see store shelves, but that's just my opinion, I do also like limited.
(Sep. 08, 2015  1:29 PM)Alta Wrote:
(Sep. 08, 2015  2:32 AM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: Okay, so far, nothing from Craigslist. I think that Beyblade has kinda died out here in L.A. but it's weird that we live in such a huge city and can't find any other people to join this tournament.

I think we should try to enlist the help of @[jojospud247}] . I think with her large following on Youtube, she might be able to advertise to residents of the Los Angeles area.

Why not both?

It would be useful if we could get her help to advertise events, though she is on the list of people I send notifications to when gathering attendees and she hasn't responded, and I don't think she did last time either.

As for the format, I would personally vote standard just because I have a preference for it, but also because I'm not sure if limited format would necessarily help get us off our feet, standard format probably has about as good of a chance considering Zero-G parts were the last system to see store shelves, but that's just my opinion, I do also like limited.

I think contacting her through her YouTube or Twitter might be the best way to go about it. We should try right when she uploads a video so that she can see it right away.

Either format is fine with me, I guess. I just really wanted to try Limited for this tournament.

My grandfather recently passed away and my mom is planning on doing a ceremony on the 24th of October. So If we don't get the right number of people without me, maybe we could start at around 10:00 am? Or if not, maybe we could do it on Halloween in the morning or on the 1st of November?
(Sep. 08, 2015  4:49 PM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: I think contacting her through her YouTube or Twitter might be the best way to go about it. We should try right when she uploads a video so that she can see it right away.

Either format is fine with me, I guess. I just really wanted to try Limited for this tournament.

My grandfather recently passed away and my mom is planning on doing a ceremony on the 24th of October. So If we don't get the right number of people without me, maybe we could start at around 10:00 am? Or if not, maybe we could do it on Halloween in the morning or on the 1st of November?

That seems like a good idea, she seems most active on her YouTube account, so it's probably the best route to contact her. I was considering trying to get some help from BBG as well, though they are in Canada I'm sure a lot of people from LA watch them, even if it was just a Twitter or Facebook post to all their watchers and not a video or anything.

We'll have to see what everyone is interested in for the format, all are welcome to share their vote on what format they think it should be.

What time is the ceremony? since the event is going to be held at Emerald Knights, it will kick off around 11:00pm (store opening time), and I'm going to be there right on that mark or a little early so I can be sure to confirm a table for us because they don't schedule events anymore, it's first come first serve.

Side note: if you could edit our tournament/attendees post in this thread so that the name is specified as only "Night of The Spinning Dead" and "Name" instead of "Name idea", that would be great, just so it's a bit more finished since we're definitely going with that name. Thank you.
There are definitely a lot of people from the west coast who watch the BeybladeGeeks. Without necessarily bothering them to make one video for this, perhaps you could look through the comments of the few videos they have made for us in the past and spot those complaining about a lack of west coast tournaments, and contact them personally ?
(Sep. 09, 2015  1:00 AM)Kai-V Wrote: There are definitely a lot of people from the west coast who watch the BeybladeGeeks. Without necessarily bothering them to make one video for this, perhaps you could look through the comments of the few videos they have made for us in the past and spot those complaining about a lack of west coast tournaments, and contact them personally ?

We should definitely try this. It might be easier for us without giving them too much more to do, as they do so much already.

I've changed my post for the tournament, but I think it should be added to the first post.

My mom isn't sure exactly what time, but she said most likely two or three. I think that if everyone comes in around 10:30 and we get everyone accounted for, we can start as soon as they open up. In the case that we don't get a table (knock on wood), is there a park nearby that we can go to?
(Sep. 09, 2015  1:47 AM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: We should definitely try this. It might be easier for us without giving them too much more to do, as they do so much already.

I've changed my post for the tournament, but I think it should be added to the first post.

My mom isn't sure exactly what time, but she said most likely two or three. I think that if everyone comes in around 10:30 and we get everyone accounted for, we can start as soon as they open up. In the case that we don't get a table (knock on wood), is there a park nearby that we can go to?

I certainly wouldn't expect them to make a video for it, but if we could get a boost from them with just a quick social media post that shares the event and info, that would be great.

I agree, I will make an update to the original post of this thread to direct anyone just seeing the first page to the current event post.

We can try to get it started as soon as possible if people can show up early, not sure how long the tournament will take, it really depends on how many people show up, but it will probably wrap up in the afternoon. As for your question about the park, yes, there is the Olive Recreation Center, it's a nearby park with plenty of space for us to find a good spot if we absolutely can't get a table, though if we're there a little early we shouldn't find any issues getting a single table. However, I certainly wouldn't mind holding future tournaments in parks, it's nice to have it set up outdoors.
I'll be able to make it but something can come up because late October is a ways away.
Hello hello! I would love to help advertise your tournament! Apologies for not replying right away. I've just been busy with work, wedding planning, and preparing for a convention. However, I will not be able to attend tournament; I'm actually having surgery on October 26 and will be out of commission for about 2 weeks. So I need to work and save money up until my operation.

BUT I can still make a YouTube video to help advertise your tournament. I saw the ad on Craigslist and I can use that information in the video. Have you all decided on an official date and name of the tournament? What about the type of tournament? Give me anymore information you'd like for me to include in the video.

I can get started on the video next Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday (those are my usual days off work). I can be easily contacted through Twitter. Just send me a DM. I don't check the WBO often, but with Twitter, notifications get sent to my phone immediately.

I'd also love to make a donation toward prizes. I have one Galaxy Pegasus and one Meteo L-Drago that are brand new. Both are from Hasbro's Beyblade Legends series. Again, just DM via Twitter and I can send it to the host of the tournament.

I hope this will help!
(Sep. 09, 2015  6:02 AM)jojospud247 Wrote: Hello hello! I would love to help advertise your tournament! Apologies for not replying right away. I've just been busy with work, wedding planning, and preparing for a convention. However, I will not be able to attend tournament; I'm actually having surgery on October 26 and will be out of commission for about 2 weeks. So I need to work and save money up until my operation.

BUT I can still make a YouTube video to help advertise your tournament. I saw the ad on Craigslist and I can use that information in the video. Have you all decided on an official date and name of the tournament? What about the type of tournament? Give me anymore information you'd like for me to include in the video.

I can get started on the video next Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday (those are my usual days off work). I can be easily contacted through Twitter. Just send me a DM. I don't check the WBO often, but with Twitter, notifications get sent to my phone immediately.

I'd also love to make a donation toward prizes. I have one Galaxy Pegasus and one Meteo L-Drago that are brand new. Both are from Hasbro's Beyblade Legends series. Again, just DM via Twitter and I can send it to the host of the tournament.

I hope this will help!

I very much appreciate your help.
The official date for the event is Saturday, October 24th 2015, the name is Night of The Spinning Dead, and the format will be standard, I will be the host.
The tournament will be held at Emerald Knights in Burbank, it will begin around 11:00am.

It's great to have some assistance with prizes, I do not own a Twitter account currently, but I will DM you the address if I make one.
@[Alta], I believe you mean the 24th? BTW, I follow her on Twitter, so I can DM her if you would like me to.
Thank you so much @[jojospud247] and good luck on your surgery, I'll keep you in my prayers.
(Sep. 09, 2015  6:45 AM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: @[Alta], I believe you mean the 24th? BTW, I follow her on Twitter, so I can DM her if you would like me to.
Thank you so much @[jojospud247] and good luck on your surgery, I'll keep you in my prayers.

Yes, my mistake, thanks for catching that.
That could work, I may send you the address.
Whoa, I had no idea jojo was a member here! Gasp

Thanks so much for your support @[jojospud247]!
So only two more people until we can take this to the event proposals! What about you, @[username2130] ? Can you and SynchromKid can make it?
Awesome, thanks for your support Jojo! I love your YouTube videos. I watched them all the time when I first started playing. They helped me really get into blading and learn more about it. So cool that you have an account here : )
Okay, so I am thinking that we should also start getting people confirmed for the later tournaments as well. I want to host one close to my birthday so here it goes:

The Arrow Strikes! Taiwo Seigi's Birthday Bash!
November 28th 2015
Emerald Knights @ 11:00

Confirmed:

Taiwo Seigi
@[Alta]
@[Meta madness]
@[tanzam10]
@[Xandrys]
@[Benjinator]

Possible:
foreshadowing future thread~

I would also compete in that, if I knew the game format but as of currently, i'm only looking forward to the L.A event as of currently.
(Sep. 13, 2015  6:13 AM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote: Okay, so I am thinking that we should also start getting people confirmed for the later tournaments as well. I want to host one close to my birthday so here it goes:

The Arrow Strikes! Taiwo Seigi's Birthday Bash!
November 28th 2015
Emerald Knights @ 11:00

Confirmed:

Taiwo Seigi

Possible:

I'm pretty positive I will be able to go to that, if you want to confirm me, though I am a bit worried that your post may confuse some people as to what the current tournament is, we'll see.

Just to relieve any confusion for anyone else seeing this thread, go here for the current tournament, we are still in need of attendees!
Have we actually decided on a format? I know Juncctions recent thread has me thinking a little about this out of nowhere and it's come as I've scanned through this thread again that maybe we're lacking in that little field of format...

Is it plastics? HMS'?(If it is gonna need to pull out, can't find a dark leopard in time for it)MFB?Bursts?

Just something I needed to comeback and ask.
(Sep. 17, 2015  4:09 PM)Meta madness Wrote: Have we actually decided on a format? I know Juncctions recent thread has me thinking a little about this out of nowhere and it's come as I've scanned through this thread again that maybe we're lacking in that little field of format...

Is it plastics? HMS'?(If it is gonna need to pull out, can't find a dark leopard in time for it)MFB?Bursts?

It will most likely be MFB Standard. That's what most people in the area probably have.
(Sep. 17, 2015  4:39 PM)Taiwo Seigi Wrote:
(Sep. 17, 2015  4:09 PM)Meta madness Wrote: Have we actually decided on a format? I know Juncctions recent thread has me thinking a little about this out of nowhere and it's come as I've scanned through this thread again that maybe we're lacking in that little field of format...

It will most likely be MFB Standard. That's what most people in the area probably have.

Ah, then yeah. I'm still gonna play in this event.

It will be MFB Standard for certain.
Hi! I made the video for your tournament! I hope this helps with the attendance.

(Sep. 23, 2015  3:21 AM)jojospud247 Wrote: Hi! I made the video for your tournament! I hope this helps with the attendance.

This is totally awesome! Thank you! This should garner up quite the attention! We look forward to the influx of new bladers!

On a slightly related note, I got an email for the Craigslist ad! Someone wants to bring their nephew and little brother!