[Los Angeles CA, USA] LA Tournament

My dad used to work there but we moved upwards a bit
I'm in Point Loma.
(Jun. 05, 2019  2:35 AM)Achi-baba Wrote: I'm in Point Loma.

Wait there is a university near there right
(Jun. 05, 2019  2:35 AM)Achi-baba Wrote: I'm in Point Loma.

We could try to host a tournement somewhere in the middle of where we live
I'm going to be applying for Organizer soon, so I need to get interest for my first tournament.

I'm planning on doing an HMS tournament in August after the main tournament (If there is one); I will be able to let people borrow some combos then as I am planning on buying some more HMS at the moment.
(Jun. 26, 2019  10:50 PM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: I'm going to be applying for Organizer soon, so I need to get interest for my first tournament.

I'm planning on doing an HMS tournament in August after the main tournament (If there is one); I will be able to let people borrow some combos then as I am planning on buying some more HMS at the moment.
I would be certainly interested in the tournament
(Jun. 26, 2019  10:50 PM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: I'm going to be applying for Organizer soon, so I need to get interest for my first tournament.

I’ll try to come

I am interested in attending and count  Mitchjett in as well ... Well I do the driving so....
Hey guys I'm trying to become an organizer and was wondering if anyone would be interested in a tournament in Ventura, same park or maybe different area as the one that just passed? If you're interested let me know
Hi all!  First post, thanks for having me here!!  My 7 year old son is a hugely passionate Beyblader, and I’m hoping to become an organizer to help start more events in our area.  We live in Los Angeles, CA. Thanks so much!!
(Jan. 21, 2020  1:28 AM)MCBey Wrote: Hi all!  First post, thanks for having me here!!  My 7 year old son is a hugely passionate Beyblader, and I’m hoping to become an organizer to help start more events in our area.  We live in Los Angeles, CA. Thanks so much!!

Hi! Welcome to WBO. I moved your post into the correct thread in the correct forum. There are a couple of active organizers around LA! The best way to learn how to do it is to go to existing tournaments and observe or even help.
Thank you so much for relocating my post! Yes, planning to go to the Van Nuys event and hoping to get on the waitlist. Thanks so much!!
(May. 09, 2020  8:18 AM)Lord Eevee Wrote: Can we have one in august

That's up to a lot of factors that none of us here can control, mainly the forced quarantine which currently has no projected end date.
Hey guys! So if I started a BeyBlade league/tournament in Los Angeles, California, I'm curious to see how many of you would wanna join? The sign up would be free, there'd be a grand prize, and we'd have tournaments for both Metal Fusion/Masters/Fury AND Burst. There would be qualifiers at various locations and venues, we might go for like a season style where we have matches every week for a few months, and then we have a playoffs, sort of like the NBA or the NFL style. And then we'd have a championship round where the top 2 bladers would face off and compete for a grand prize. Idk what the prize would be, I mean it would most likely be cash, like 1,000-5,000 dollars. It could also be like a car, or something like that as we progress. We'd make a trophy as well for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. I think it would be super fun for everyone! I really wanna bring the magic of Beyblade back, and I think this would be a great way to do that! Let me know if you'd be interested! Smile

Again, you wouldn't have to pay anything to join the league! Smile

Also if you're a Beyblader in California, comment down below!! 
You aren’t exactly allowed to advertise non-WBO events, but I really like this idea. Once quarantine is over, this would be a really good thing to set up! I regularly attend and judge at LA tournaments so I’d happily help.
tylinj23 There are already Los Angeles threads, so please use one of those for LA WBO Events.

While we're supportive of all Beyblade communities around the world, we are not currently allowing for advertising of non-WBO events on this site at this time.
We may re-evaluate this in the future, but this is our stance for now! Sorry!
If you want to run a Beyblade tournament and advertise it on this site, you have to become a WBO organizer and run the event as a WBO event.

That said, this sounds like a lot of work, more than you're probably capable of doing yourself. It's a fun idea, but scale your ideas to what is actually feasible. Start small, with one event, and go from there.

Any WBO events have an already designed structure that has to be followed. Cash prizes are not permitted for WBO events. Beyblades and other assorted Beyblade parts usually are. League events are a fun idea, but without staff coordination WBO events cannot restrict the participants who enter a given tournament.

Currently, WBO events do not have an entry fee associated with them, but that is likely to change. It has been around $5 USD a tournament for quite some time, and only stopped having fees last year when we had issues with being able to collect them. Those issues may be sorted out soon, and if WBO reinstates tournament entry fees, WBO events will not be permitted to go without them.

There have occasionally been trophies at WBO events, but that is up to either the organizer or participants to provide.

I am going to merge this into an already existing LA thread. Please don't post redundant threads in the future.
Alright, got it! Thanks!

(Jun. 11, 2020  4:52 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote: You aren’t exactly allowed to advertise non-WBO events, but I really like this idea. Once quarantine is over, this would be a really good thing to set up! I regularly attend and judge at LA tournaments so I’d happily help.

Cool!!
Im underage to host a tournament, and sadly, i cant find any tournaments near me, is there going to be anyone that will host a beyblade tournament in or near Corona, California?
Would anyone be interested/wiling to host a small tournament/meet up in the LA area around possibly mid-october? The West coast (especially the ca area) hasn't been able to do any real testing/tournaments for a while (unlike canada, lucky ba$tards) and i crave actual human interaction that isn't my family and actually has interests that align with mine.
It'd be tough, and only 5 people could go to it, but once ca FINALLY stops having that many cases, we can have an actual tourney. Who's interested?
(Sep. 30, 2020  10:12 PM)LeonidasKerbeus Wrote: Would anyone be interested/wiling to host a small tournament/meet up in the LA area around possibly mid-october? The West coast (especially the ca area) hasn't been able to do any real testing/tournaments for a while (unlike canada, lucky ba$tards) and i crave actual human interaction that isn't my family and actually has interests that align with mine.
It'd be tough, and only 5 people could go to it, but once ca FINALLY stops having that many cases, we can have an actual tourney. Who's interested?

I feel you bro, if I could host a tournament, I would, but I’m not old enough
Why not make a discord for the LA bladers? That way, you guys can do a meet-up depending on the number of people who can hangout?
(Oct. 01, 2020  5:24 PM)DragonicMeister Wrote: Why not make a discord for the LA bladers? That way, you guys can do a meet-up depending on the number of people who can hangout?

That’s actually a really good idea!
(Oct. 01, 2020  6:18 PM)UltimateMaster Wrote:
(Oct. 01, 2020  5:24 PM)DragonicMeister Wrote: Why not make a discord for the LA bladers? That way, you guys can do a meet-up depending on the number of people who can hangout?

That’s actually a really good idea!

Thanks. The not sure if Alta or someone is good at discord is going to making a server.