[Los Angeles, CA 07/16/16] We're Blading Off Again!

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: BLADINGOFF.png]
Thanks to Mitsu for the awesome banner!

Saturday, July 16th, 2016
Weller Court-Downtown Los Angeles
Priority-Burst (May end up being MFB Standard)

Free Play & Registration-11:00 AM | Brackets & Announcements-12:15 | Tournament-12:30 PM

Host and Judges:
ThaKingTai w/ co-hosts @[jojospud247],@[earthwolf1404] and @[Alta]

Directions:
Directions can be found right here When you get over to the knot, keep walking inside and look to your left. There are some tables and an asian supermarket as well.

Fees:
As always, it will be $5 for the single tournament or $15 for a Blader Passport, that allows you to go to tournaments free for an entire year! Plus, you can enter into exclusive giveaways for Passport Holders!

Format:
As stated above, this will hopefully be Burst format. If there is not enough Burst beys, then we will move over to MFB Standard. Be ready to do either or! It will either be Round Robin or Block Round Robin, in the event that we have more than 12 people.

Prizes:
-1st Place: First Pick of the Prize Pull +3 Credits & Gold Face*
-2nd Place: Second Pick of the Prize Pull +2 Credits & Silver Face*
-3rd Place: Third Pick of the Prize Pull +1 Credits & Bronze Face*
+ A Raffle for a Long Winder (for those who did not place)

*In the case that we have only seven participants, only the winner will recieve a single credit and a Gold Face

*This will not be processed in the Beypoint System, as it is LA's first Burst tournament. This allows us to feel out the Burst metagame, so we are better prepared for next time!

Notice for All:
While we Bladers are very respectful of each others' possessions, please watch over your stuff. This is not to say that anyone of us would steal or damage anything, but we are still in a public place with people that aren't in our group. So please, be careful!

All this and possibly even more! Makes sure to get there as early as possible and make time after the event too! This is not the event to want to miss! See you there!!

EDIT: 6/28/16
Thanks to JoJo, we have prizes! Come check them out right here!
ALSO:

Since this is more than likey gonna be Burst, I should post this:
Quote:Awakening Amaterios Prize Campaign

[Image: hSC9Tqh.gif]

Awaken the legendary Beyblade Amaterios Aero Assault – and claim it as your own!

Prove your strength as a Blader by winning the most consecutive battles in a WBO Burst-format tournament to win part of the Jewel of Amaterios. Collect 3 parts to summon the legendary Beyblade straight to your doorstep.

[Image: aIktlKm.png] [Image: sLpirSj.png] [Image: IwTF6cc.png]
Shard of Amaterios — Shell of Amaterios — Jewel of Amaterios
Check out more info on the Amaterios Awakening right here!
Confirmed:
jojospud247
ThaKingTai
Alta
earthwolf1404
RacingCheetahz
StormAngel
WarsEnd
Breakdown
AwesomeAndrew

Possible:
top blader10
Sapphire
OwnageDerp
GreatgodzeusHD
Tireni123

See you all soon!

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Jun. 29, 2016  4:24 AM)earthwolf1404 Wrote: And make sure that you all understand the Amaterios Awakening rules. I can't wait!

The trick is to really just not forget to count who had the most consecutive wins and to run the tiebreakers then instead of overlooking it and having to make sure that the two or three Bladers are present at the next tournament. A lot of trouble can be avoided that way hah.
Are we talking round wins or individual battle wins? Luckily, Challonge make both easy to compare.
Full BeyBattles.
The tournament banner looks awesome! So I'm about ready to make the video to advertise the event. You think the prizes should be by choice or set prizes for each place? I want to keep the light launcher and long winder with Horusood so that everyone gets a launcher.
I'm gonna go with choice. It's the way we went with for Big Trouble and the only reason I didn't go for it in LA GOES METAL was because it was clear that there were tiers to them.

Thank you, JoJo!
First come, first serve is a great idea! I think this would be best for all future events with equally great prizes.
Hi! I'm so excited about this and I will be there. My birthday is Saturday July 9th, can I host a beyblade tournament with you on that day in Woodland Hills? This is how I want to celebrate turning 10!

Email me or my mom. Thanks!

Andrew
Hey @[AwesomeAndrew], while we are always itching for more tournaments and meetups I think that you are asking a little too close to this event and too late for people to arrange their schedules. Unfortunately, I can't come, because I'll be in Florida then, but as a late birthday gift, I can teach you how to host one. You can either PM me or have me explain what the other hosts and I are doing on the event for the 16th. For now, here are some links that you need to read for the basic info: https://worldbeyblade.org/eventguide.pdf https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Attenti...t-Template

I feel like I'm missing a link, if any of you know what it is, can you post it for me? Thanks.
(Jun. 30, 2016  1:39 AM)earthwolf1404 Wrote: Hey @[AwesomeAndrew], while we are always itching for more tournaments and meetups I think that you are asking a little too close to this event and too late for people to arrange their schedules. Unfortunately, I can't come, because I'll be in Florida then, but as a late birthday gift, I can teach you how to host one. You can either PM me or have me explain what the other hosts and I are doing on the event for the 16th. For now, here are some links that you need to read for the basic info: https://worldbeyblade.org/eventguide.pdf https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Attenti...t-Template

I feel like I'm missing a link, if any of you know what it is, can you post it for me? Thanks.

The Universal Rules should always be included in understanding the rules for each format and basic rules of the game.
Gonna tag everyone in this post:
@[Agent-312] @[OwnageDerp] @[Prophet2] @[RacingCheetahz] @[GreatgodzeusHD] @[jojospud247] @[top beyblader10] @[Sapphire] @[Faker] @[TheRealTyson123] @[IrlZeo] @[DragonicMeister] @[Sam404] @[Sebastian 67] @[Rowland1999]
Here is the footage I can salvage from the previous tournament, there are some strange cuts toward the end, likely because I wasn't the only one operating the phone to record it. This is only half of the battles, the rest of the battles as well as the recording of the winners are saved to Rowland's camera and that footage may or may not be salvaged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r661Gv4elQE
I don't know if you edited the intro or what, but it sounded like I did a decent job introducing us the second time around. Great job Alta, from what I've seen so far, it looks pretty good. Hopefully, whenever @[Rowland1999] logs back in, he'll send his footage to 1234Beyblade to make the video for the Beychannel.
Here is the video for the tournament! I just realized I made no verbal mention of the date lol but it's written in text in the video and it's also in the title.

https://youtu.be/86lz_S4C_Xg
(Jul. 02, 2016  3:19 PM)Bestbladeralive Wrote: Add me in th confrim list i am coming

Just a heads up; this tournament is in the US, and you said you were from India. Fair bit away.
(Jul. 02, 2016  3:37 PM)Hato Wrote:
(Jul. 02, 2016  3:19 PM)Bestbladeralive Wrote: Add me in th confrim list i am coming

Just a heads up; this tournament is in the US, and you said you were from India. Fair bit away.
If i am telling ill come,ill come.
Its none of your buisness that where i come from ? How Am i going to come ?
I have told to add me means ill come how and stuff is none of your concern
Dont act smart
(Jul. 02, 2016  3:40 PM)Bestbladeralive Wrote:
(Jul. 02, 2016  3:37 PM)Hato Wrote:

Dont act smart

Hato is correct in telling you. It is a concern for everyone, especially the tournament host. We make preparations based on the number of people that confirm they are coming. So unless you are absolutely sure that you can come to LA from India in the next two weeks, please don't confirm, just say it is possible.

And please, show our members respect. Most of them, especially Hato, know what they are talking about. We treat everyone with the respect we wish to get.
(Jul. 02, 2016  3:49 PM)ThaKingTai Wrote:
(Jul. 02, 2016  3:40 PM)Bestbladeralive Wrote: [quote='Hato' pid='1332076' dateline='1467470270']

Dont act smart

Hato is correct in telling you. It is a concern for everyone, especially the tournament host. We make preparations based on the number of people that confirm they are coming. So unless you are absolutely sure that you can come to LA from India in the next two weeks, please don't confirm, just say it is possible.

And please, show our members respect. Most of them, especially Hato, know what they are talking about. We treat everyone with the respect we wish to get.
[/quote
Okay so you guys dont want me to come
I wont come
No, that is not what anyone is saying. If you can make it, go ahead. He was just giving you a head's up. It would be great if you could make it, but don't say that you can if you are very far from being able to come...
I am coming confirm
I will show you the tickets soon ao ypu belive me
I will beat all of youall who were asking me not to come
If you get tickets that you can show us, then we'll confirm you, but otherwise you're on the possible list, it seriously shouldn't make a difference to you, if you show up and you were on the possible list you can still compete. Nobody is telling you not to come, though I will if you want to keep this up.

I've seen your other posts and you said you would attend a tournament in India as well, only to later say you're flight was delayed, I don't think you'll show up to an event in LA.
I WANT TO WIN SO BAD SO I CAN BRAG TO MY FRIEND HEHE
Just 10 more days until the first Burst tournament in LA! Hope you guys are hyped because I sure am! Hope to see everyone there and hope that more people can show up to this one than the last one! Although we had a ton of fun at the last one, I missed seeing a lot of people! Even if you don't have any Burst of your own, please come! Anime Jungle is down the street and if you don't want to purchase new beys, then many of us have some spares to lend out!

See ya soon!
If this is really California's first Burst tournament, you guys should just remember that the first event using the Burst format in each region will not be processed, to give everyone the chance to experiment with the new metagame before it starts affecting their ranking.

Just to avoid any confusion.
(Jul. 06, 2016  5:48 PM)Kai-V Wrote: If this is really California's first Burst tournament, you guys should just remember that the first event using the Burst format in each region will not be processed, to give everyone the chance to experiment with the new metagame before it starts affecting their ranking.

Just to avoid any confusion.

Yea, I remember that for sure! I'll make sure to remind every one of it before the tournament begins. I'll replace the prize info soon,