Lookin' For Games
4354 New Falls Road
  This venue does not open before 11AM
12:00PM on 01/12/2020
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
5 cash  

The admission is a Venue Fee.

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

ATTENTION! COME ONE, COME ALL TO WHAT COULD BE THE GREATEST WINTER TOURNAMENT THE WBO HAS SEEN!

Participant Cap:
Due to the space of the venue. The cap of the tournament is 30 participants. 
So.... Please be sure to join as soon as possible to make sure you'll have a spot on the Participant List.
thank you

PRIZES!:

B-00 Zwei Bahamut Outer assault' Zan

B-156 RBV18 Heaven Joker Gravity Operate Go (Confirmed)

B-156 RBV18 Poison Dragon 11 Volcanic' Zan (Confirmed)

1st Place will have 1st Pick, 2nd Place will have 2nd Pick, 3rd Place will get the remaining prize.

There will also be a raffle for B-155 Master Diabolos Generate with the winner being announced after the Swiss Rounds.

1 Ticket = $1

3 Tickets = $2

8 Tickets = $5

You can buy tickets from the person at the door where you pay for the venue fee.

Arrive On Time:
     REGISTRATION will begin AT 11:30 AM. & THE TOURNAMENT WILL BEGIN AROUND 12:00 noon. 
     If you think you might be late, please let me know and we can try to work something out.
    PLEASE.... Be sure to pay the $5 venue fee.  Give your user name to the person at the door when you walk into the venue.

**Please Note: There will be ABSOLUTELY NO selling of any kind in the venue. Thank you. (However trading is allowed).

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Jan. 12, 2020  10:40 PM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote: I lost every match, but then again I use hasbro exclusively and didn’t have any rises, but I beat a lot of people when we were practicing, so zuetron can spite all of dem haters

What combos did you use?
1st Place: DreadAqua
2nd Place: RED NINJA 0829
3rd Place: MrBlade
4th Place: RandomBlader64
(Jan. 12, 2020  10:51 PM)I’m Infinite.Zero Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2020  10:40 PM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote: I lost every match, but then again I use hasbro exclusively and didn’t have any rises, but I beat a lot of people when we were practicing, so zuetron can spite all of dem haters

What combos did you use?
Fafnir 10 wall atomic-s
Leopard 7(can’t remember frame) flugel-s
Forneus 5 needle-s
(Jan. 12, 2020  11:06 PM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2020  10:51 PM)I’m Infinite.Zero Wrote: What combos did you use?
Fafnir 10 wall atomic-s
Leopard 7(can’t remember frame) flugel-s
Forneus 5 needle-s

Probably should have used a different frame on fafnir. That is your best combo but the frame makes it scrape and lose to OutSpins.
Can it work better without wall and with Asteroid Zuetron

Just got him and wizard fafnir after tourney

Also, who won? I left early
(Jan. 13, 2020  12:28 AM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote: Also, who won? I left early

Please scroll up to Mrblade's post Smile
(Jan. 12, 2020  10:36 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Actually, 12 no-shows. Oh wow I guess I'm going wrath of crab mode later once I get home and see if they're all fresh no-shows. 12 out of 30, that's... 40%. Oh my.

Yeah, insane that around 10 people have been missing in every tournament I've gone to! If they had unregistered, maybe there could've actually been 30 people.
(Jan. 12, 2020  10:36 PM)Staron Wrote: Ok, calm down deceased

Here's something you need to learn: telling someone to calm down is actually kind of rude, and usually unwarranted. Depending on who you tell it to, it may have the exact opposite effect. You might want to think carefully about telling people to do that in the future, especially if you're responding to something that is obvious hyperbole, but also for a serious topic.

Consider this official warning to tread lightly. Smile
Today was really fun! My first time seeing so many people recording got me a bit intimidated but I also got to meet so many new bladers! Hope to see you all in future tournaments!
Thanks to everyone who showed up at the tournament! We hope you all had a good time. Thanks to the other judges and backup judges for running this smoothly. And thanks to MrBlade for organizing this!

As usual, thoughts on the tournament:

- This time around, the layout of the tournament space was entirely different, and not necessarily for the better. The venue owner double and even triple booked his side rooms for other games, so the entire tournament space had to occur in the main freeplay and parent seating area. The venue owner had some... ideas about how this would all work, and they didn't necessarily correspond with the realities of running a Beyblade tournament. I went to my car and got my orange cones and caution tape. Almost everyone got the hint and stopped walking through the tournament area, except for one or two parents. In some ways, we were lucky we wound up only having 21 blader participants; any more than that and the space wouldn't have been feasible.

- Master on left has a counter, and it's an old favorite! That new layer, Master, is good in opposite spin. It's more defensive than Lord, slightly less spin steal. But it has a major flaw you can exploit! You see, it slopes downward. If you have a layer that slopes upward in opposite spin, you're going to push Master downward and it'll run out of spin first. Enter: Perfect Phoenix. Yes, Perfect Phoenix is actually a great counter to Master. It made sort of a comeback in this tournament, showing up a lot in first round and even finals.

- I did okay! I had 3 wins, 2 losses. One win with Master Diabolos 0Wall Bearing, one loss with it (against pP). One win with LC Perfect Phoenix 00Cross Xtend+, one loss with it (against Stock Imperial, which I do understand and respect that loss). And one more with with my usual Judgement combo. It was enough to get me 3-2 and in what Challonge considered 8th place. However, that doesn't mean I make it to the finals. More on that later.

- We had 11 no-shows. I doublechecked, thought it was 12, turns out it's 11. That's impressive, close to 40% no-show no-explanation rate! And I impressive I mean those bladers are on the naughty list. Warnings will be doled out for repeat offenders. Hey, bladers? If you're not going to show up, don't register. If you're not going to take a minute to drop the organizers a line to say you won't be making it? You deserve any penalty we give you. And those penalties, once accrued, will consist of temporary bans from posting and tournament registration, that get worse and longer with each infraction.

- Top 8 determination is always fun. Today I had the honor of carefully going through the records and definitively removing myself from the finals. Kind of refreshing actually. I'm an honest crab, and although I probably would've been pushed forward if I'd said nothing, I wouldn't be happy with that.
I complain about our tiebreaker logic every time. They're never going to change it, because I think some people just enjoy seeing me suffer. This time I'll just walk you through the arcane logic myself so you can see just what a hellscape it is. FEEL FREE TO SKIP THIS, IT'S BORING!

Here's the first 3 tiebreaking criteria in Swiss.

"1. Overall Score/win record

2. Challonge TB column
Only if tie is between two players that have both: Match History, Equal Bucholz (ONLY FOR TWO PLAYERS)

3. Buchholz
Look at the Bucholz column in Challonge. Whichever player(s) have the higher score(s) here will advance to the finals.
However, if a player with a lower Buchholz value has beaten one with the same win record and a higher Bucholz value head-to-head during the First Stage, that player advances over the one with the higher Buchholz value.
If a player advances using this method, they should be placed below any other participants with tied records and a higher Bucholz that they did not have match history with."

Do you see that text I put into bold? I did it for a reason. It's rare, but this time, it actually went into effect. Here's the records of everyone who went 3-2 (or 2-2 with a bye) and the list of who they beat, in the order Challonge presented them. I have bolded all the people they beat who had 3-2 records, this matters, and italics if the opponent went 2-2 with a bye. There were 4 spots for the 5th-8th final seeds for the people with 3-2 records.

RandomBlader64 9 Z.J., BladerJayCraft, DarkestWhip
Jojo2.0 10 DarkestWhip, Faron215, DeceasedCrab
DreadAqua 9 Savagekidblader, DeceasedCrab, BladerJayCraft
DeceasedCrab 7 Dapolarbear, Z.J., DaGoldenPenguin
RED NINJA 0829 6 DaGoldenPenguin, DreadAqua, T-Bone
Brundon 7 DaGoldenPenguin, CitrusNinja3, Tdonitan
BladerJayCraft 6 DanteM828, Dapolarbear, Faron215
Z.J. 5 DanteM828, T-Bone, Dapolarbear
DarkestWhip  4  Tdonithan, DaGoldenPenguin, Bye

So as you can see, if we sorted it by Buchholz, the top of these 4 spots would be Jojo2.0, Randomblader64, DreadAqua, and DeceasedCrab.
But we DON'T.
You can see from the wins that no one beat Jojo2.0, so he's in the top spot with 10 buchholz.
RandomBlader64 and DreadAqua have no match history against each other, and buchholz 9, so their placement remains the same for the moment.
DeceasedCrab has buchholz 7 and no significant victories against everyone mentioned before.
Here's where things get interesting! RED NINJA has 6 buchholz, and he has beaten DreadAqua! So according to the rules, he "advances over" DreadAqua. What does that precisely mean? I couldn't tell you! Not even the committee can agree and tell me apparently! But How I interpret it? Is that rearranges the rankings to have RED NINJA show up in the top 8 before DreadAqua.
So what originally went
Jojo2.0, RandomBlader64, DreadAqua, DeceasedCrab, RED NINJA
now goes
Jojo2.0, RandomBlader64, DreadAqua, RED NINJA, DeceasedCrab
Which works out badly for me, but hey, that's life!

- Oh also I goofed in the finals seeding, it should've been RED NINJA in the 7th seed and DreadAqua in 8th. It should've been impossible for those two to face off in the finals. Well, that's on me.

So yeah! I had a fun time at today's tournament, I hope you did too, and I hate our tiebreaker rules, as always.
AH! The joy of final seeding.
DecreasedCrab, what about the puns?
(Jan. 13, 2020  4:27 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: - Oh also I goofed in the finals seeding, it should've been RED NINJA in the 7th seed and DreadAqua in 8th. It should've been impossible for those two to face off in the finals. Well, that's on me.

So yeah! I had a fun time at today's tournament, I hope you did too, and I hate our tiebreaker rules, as always.

Lol! I asked you about that. Well i did get to face Ardmore Bladers And I got to face DreadAqua in the finals after all in the end.
I knew the moment he said DesceasedCrab I was dead
Hey! Finally uploaded the video for the tournament! If you want to watch the tournament from my perspective, please watch! Thanks for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoyniIgltT8 the good times guys!
Does anyone have a video of the whole tournament?
(Jan. 14, 2020  3:04 AM)DreadAqua Wrote: Does anyone have a video of the whole tournament?

No one recorded every single battle, but JayCraft released his video and RED NINJA is probably editing to release the tournament footage in smaller videos.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing Here is the spreadsheet