[London, UK, Regents Park, 15/10/11] The Autumn Battle Bash!

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

It's time for another UK tournament! This will be held on the 15 of October!
That's right, another tournament, this time held by myself and Hell Kid!
My co-host won't be participating as he isn't up to it, but he will help with the judging and sorting out the groups.

Specific info:

When: 15th of October 11:30AM until it finishes.
If you do not turn up after 11:30AM there is a chance you won't be able to take part and your place will be given to someone else!

Where: Regents Park Bandstand

Directions to the bandstand:
If you don't know this by now you can find the directions here -
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-March-of...ark--28221

Map of the Park -
http://www.royalparks.gov.uk/The-Regents-Park.aspx

Tournament Format: Standard MFB
Block Round Robin / Double Elimination -
(Event Guide - http://worldbeyblade.org/eventguide.pdf )

This is the WBO universal format rule book (READ IT, if not already)-
http://worldbeyblade.org/universalrules.pdf

Prices:
The regular price is £3
Or free If you have purchased a Blader Passport,
which is available to buy on the day for £6

Credit to Blitz for format.

You can only go on the attendance list if you are 120% sure you can come!
Remember if a parent/s is bringing you to the tournament to let them know that the times may vary!

Confirmed Attendees: Block Round Robin.
ControL_s SouL_
Hell Kid
ControL_
Thepokeblader
ShadowScythe
LeeDraciel
Madmuppet98
BeyHyperKiller
Saint
BLAZING DRAGON
BlazingFire
theWBBAblader
Enzoxs
emman798
DestructionBull
✯Black✯Star✯
beyblade247
Armarillo
zflare3
nicholasm
SoulBlade#IV
ZerobLade#I
= 22

Reserves:
Vamp69
Ahmed
SheerBlade#III

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Oct. 17, 2011  9:45 PM)Manicben Wrote: Plus,
LeeDraciel Wrote:After all i have done for certain people and this is how i am being treated.... thankyou very much
Me thinks this sound a tad selfish... or is it just me?

That doesn't sound selfish to me at all....
I think you need to find out why Contols_Soul_ was banned before making that statement, believe me i was as shocked as the rest of you but i know the reason and it isn't anything to do with me at all

Also my stadium was damaged by a careless member at a previous tourney which is why mine wasn't present, think you will find i have brought mine to every tourney to date
(Oct. 17, 2011  9:46 PM)ControL_ Wrote: Lee knew Hell Kid's BB-10 was supplied, told me not to bring mine when it was too late anyways.
When and how did he tell you this ahead of time?
(Oct. 17, 2011  9:45 PM)Manicben Wrote: Plus,
LeeDraciel Wrote:After all i have done for certain people and this is how i am being treated.... thankyou very much
Me thinks this sound a tad selfish... or is it just me?
Isn't this what I said in the Brooklyn thread when I was being accused of cheating?

I think it's too soon for anyone to be pointing fingers. If there is actually a case here, it should be handled civilly. New York is the only community that is allowed to be dramatic so you should all only state the facts if you have evidence to back it.
(Oct. 17, 2011  9:49 PM)LeeDraciel Wrote: I think you need to find out why Contols_Soul_ was banned before making that statement, believe me i was as shocked as the rest of you but i know the reason and it isn't anything to do with me at all
The reason for his ban is to be appealed, no? The reason for his banning, is unjustly due to a foolish mistake that was supposed to lead up to something great. Something that infact included you Lee.

Deikailo
Lee called me as I jumped on the bus going straight to the Bandstand telling me no worries, I didn't need to bring my own stadium, as he told me Hell Kid had supplied his. I was running late. With Hell Kid's BB-10 supplied, he told me just to head straight to the bandstand, not going home to get SouL_'s good stadium.
Is anyone even gonna say what actually happened at the tourney cause I still have no idea and it seems like the people who were there aren't here or don't want to get involved.
(Oct. 17, 2011  9:53 PM)ControL_ Wrote: Lee called me as I jumped on the bus going straight to the Bandstand telling me no worries, I didn't need to bring my own stadium, as he told me Hell Kid had supplied his. I was running late. With Hell Kid's BB-10 supplied, he told me just to head straight to the bandstand, not going home to get SouL_'s good stadium.

You said if you were to bring a stadium you would have to go home first meaning you would have been up to an hour later than you was, myself and the parents wern't prepaired to wait that long
(Oct. 17, 2011  9:57 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Is anyone even gonna say what actually happened at the tourney cause I still have no idea and it seems like the people who were there aren't here or don't want to get involved.
For now, excess clutter isn't needed, we are keeping to those that saw what happened, were there and have factual evidence. Opinions like yours only clutter and derail us from the truth. Kai-V is working hard on replying to my PMs, others at the tournament gave been contacted etc.

(Oct. 17, 2011  10:00 PM)LeeDraciel Wrote:
(Oct. 17, 2011  9:53 PM)ControL_ Wrote: Lee called me as I jumped on the bus going straight to the Bandstand telling me no worries, I didn't need to bring my own stadium, as he told me Hell Kid had supplied his. I was running late. With Hell Kid's BB-10 supplied, he told me just to head straight to the bandstand, not going home to get SouL_'s good stadium.

You said if you were to bring a stadium you would have to go home first meaning you would have been up to an hour later than you was, myself and the parents wern't prepaired to wait that long
I said half an hour later first of all. I really should have come later, the incident wouldn't have to have included me being punished. It would have been much better to avoid the incident and wait longer.
(Oct. 17, 2011  9:53 PM)ControL_ Wrote: Deikailo
Lee called me as I jumped on the bus going straight to the Bandstand telling me no worries, I didn't need to bring my own stadium, as he told me Hell Kid had supplied his. I was running late. With Hell Kid's BB-10 supplied, he told me just to head straight to the bandstand, not going home to get SouL_'s good stadium.
What time did he call you?
Fine it just seems like Lee has no defence at all and I can't do much.
(Oct. 17, 2011  10:01 PM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Oct. 17, 2011  9:53 PM)ControL_ Wrote: Deikailo
What time did he call you?
I missed a call at 12:01
I called back at 12:11
I returned a call confirming on the stadium at about 12:15 (could get on a different bus towards home and get to bandstand at 13:30 w/ stadium)
Got on the bus to the bandstand at 12:20

Arrived at bandstand at about 13:10 w/o stadium
Wait a second, so there were two hosts. One of them shows up 2 hours late and the other one did not bring a stadium at all? So everyone was sitting around for 2 hours? There is no excuse for being THAT LATE. That's poor representation to the community and very unprofessional. ControL_, Lee told me Hell Kid showed up two hours late. How would he know if Hell Kid actually had a stadium with him if he called you at noon? That's not two hours after start.

As I've told Lee, he should not have involved himself in the situation if he didn't think it was right. When I am not hosting a tournament and there is an amateur host up to bat, I'll either not show up or I will not even judge just to avoid any responsibility for any errors. This is also a prime example of why I think hosts should not compete. It seems like people think hosting is something so glamorous, but it is far from it. It's a lot of responsibility, work and tbh, a lot of money. If hosts could not compete, then we'd have less people trying to hold tournaments for the hell of it. People would see one very obvious sacrifice involved because it's so hard to see the tiny sacrifices that come with hosting until they actually do it.
(Oct. 17, 2011  10:13 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Wait a second, so there were two hosts. One of them shows up 2 hours late and the other one did not bring a stadium at all? So everyone was sitting around for 2 hours? There is no excuse for being THAT LATE. That's poor representation to the community and very unprofessional. ControL_, Lee told me Hell Kid showed up two hours late. How would he know if Hell Kid actually had a stadium with him if he called you at noon? That's not two hours after start.

As I've told Lee, he should not have involved himself in the situation if he didn't think it was right. When I am not hosting a tournament and there is an amateur host up to bat, I'll either not show up or I will not even judge just to avoid any responsibility for any errors. This is also a prime example of why I think hosts should not compete. It seems like people think hosting is something so glamorous, but it is far from it. It's a lot of responsibility, work and tbh, a lot of money. If hosts could not compete, then we'd have less people trying to hold tournaments for the hell of it. People would see one very obvious sacrifice involved because it's so hard to see the tiny sacrifices that come with hosting until they actually do it.
Hell Kid went to Hamleys to buy the prizes, he spends £36 of his own money to pay for prizes for a tournament like this. He was not two hours late, tournament to start at 12:30, we were all there by 13:10, forty minutes by myself, with a valid excuse, and early notice. Lee knew Hell Kid had a stadium as Lee had called Hell Kid at noon asking him if he did, he did, Lee called me to tell me the news.

The lateness was just as much anyone's fault... I was there at 13:10, Lee holds paper, tells everyone to leave him alone, "he's got this" and tries to settle the incidence, therefore that, mostly TheChosen1, is the reason for dragging this on for ages. We were all ready with beyblades out if it were not for the threats. We did arrive two hours late, tournaments always actually start at about 13:30.

Hell Kid, acted as an awesome figure head, using his own money to buy prizes and attract more players to come to the tournament, him as co-host, did not compete as you said.
(Oct. 17, 2011  10:22 PM)ControL_ Wrote:
(Oct. 17, 2011  10:13 PM)Deikailo Wrote: Wait a second, so there were two hosts. One of them shows up 2 hours late and the other one did not bring a stadium at all? So everyone was sitting around for 2 hours? There is no excuse for being THAT LATE. That's poor representation to the community and very unprofessional. ControL_, Lee told me Hell Kid showed up two hours late. How would he know if Hell Kid actually had a stadium with him if he called you at noon? That's not two hours after start.

Hell Kid went to Hamleys to buy the prizes, he spends £36 of his own money to pay for prizes for a tournament like this. He was not two hours late, tournament to start at 12:30, we were all there by 13:10, forty minutes by myself, with a valid excuse, and early notice. Lee knew Hell Kid had a stadium as Lee had called Hell Kid at noon asking him if he did, he did, Lee called me to tell me the news.

The lateness was just as much anyone's fault... I was there at 13:10, Lee holds paper, tells everyone to leave him alone, "he's got this" and tries to settle the incidence, therefore that, mostly TheChosen1, is the reason for dragging this on for ages. We were all ready with beyblades out if it were not for the threats. We did arrive two hours late, tournaments always actually start at about 13:30.

Hell Kid, acted as an awesome figure head, using his own money to buy prizes and attract more players to come to the tournament, him as co-host, did not compete as you said.
But you said Lee knew Hell Kid's stadium was damaged. How was he supposed to know when he called Hell Kid up to ask for the stadium? It was not in front of him to inspect.

He was a co-host. Soul_ was also a host, who had competed.
The OP stated 11:30am, the tourney didn't get started untill 13:55pm..... about 15 mins after control arrived due to thechosen1 drama
(Oct. 17, 2011  10:26 PM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Oct. 17, 2011  10:22 PM)ControL_ Wrote:

But you said Lee knew Hell Kid's stadium was damaged. How was he supposed to know when he called Hell Kid up to ask for the stadium? It was not in front of him to inspect.

He was a co-host. Soul_ was also a host, who had competed.
SouL_ did compete.

Hell Kid's stadium is well-known for damage, I did not know it was the damaged Hell Kid's stadium, Lee told me ThePokeBlader and Hell Kid went to Hamleys, who had a stadium, I assumed it was ThePokeBlader's as that would be the only logical explanation as it couldn't have been Hell Kid's is what went through my mind.
(Oct. 17, 2011  10:31 PM)ControL_ Wrote: SouL_ did compete.

Hell Kid's stadium is well-known for damage, I did not know it was the damaged Hell Kid's stadium, Lee told me ThePokeBlader and Hell Kid went to Hamleys, who had a stadium, I assumed it was ThePokeBlader's as that would be the only logical explanation as it couldn't have been Hell Kid's is what went through my mind.
If his stadium was well known for damage, why would Hell Kid even try to use it in the first place? Also, is it Lee's responsibility to memorize whose stadiums are in what condition?
HellKid only used that stadium because it was the only stadium. Otherwise people would have wasted money on train tickets for nothing. The only other choice would be buy a Hasbro stadium, however then it definitely wouldn't be processed!
(Oct. 17, 2011  10:39 PM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Oct. 17, 2011  10:31 PM)ControL_ Wrote: SouL_ did compete.

If his stadium was well known for damage, why would Hell Kid even try to use it in the first place? Also, is it Lee's responsibility to memorize whose stadiums are in what condition?
Lee assumed control.

He comforted me on the phone, telling me it was sorted, he encouraged me to go straight to the bandstand as he was getting impatient. He told me it was sorted and a stadium was supplied, I went along with it. It was when the tournament actually started, was the problem.
From what ControL_ has told me, each of the hosts received a 50% warning. From previous host warnings, don't you think 50% is unreasonable? I got 50% for canceling the tournament completely. At least they tried. Pocky got 30% for not recording results. I think it would be fair to have the level decreased to 30% or 40% at the very least, they tried. As a senior member, if Lee thought it might not be processed, he should have stopped the tournament, especially if he recorded the results. For the fact that a senior member even let this happen, it should not be as severe as a 50% warning like I have.
Well for starters, that information is wrong.
All of my information is second hand knowledge since I wasn't there. I just want to help since everyone involved are my friends, too.
This is rediculous. You're persecuting Lee despite him being the only thing that seems to have held this together while the two hosts were very late.
(Oct. 18, 2011  12:18 AM)Ultrablader Wrote: This is rediculous. You're persecuting Lee despite him being the only thing that seems to have held this together while the two hosts were very late.
Only one was late, the other was unprepared.

If this comment was aimed at me, that's ridiculous because I'm criticizing both of them. I understand what it's like to be the senior member of an event. When someone else is hosting, it is their decision to host and that should not be taken from them, no matter what happens. If they needed Lee's help, it should have been requested. When I judge in tournaments (except for large events where one person cannot do it alone like central park or anime north) I never do anything without the host requesting it. As unfair as this sounds, it's important to let hosts learn from their mistakes to avoid becoming a target yourself.
Both Hell Kid and ControL_s SouL_ only got forty percent, as a matter of fact. ControL_s SouL_ was already at sixty-percent before that, which is why he was permanently banned automatically. I would not have given him any less since he :
- Tried to cover up the fact that Hell Kid's stadium was illegal, even referring to it as : "HOLY carp, KAI-V FOUND OUT ABOUT THE ILLEGAL STADIUM";
- He was obviously a bad host in basis;
- He threatened LeeDraciel behind his back with severe words.

The bad decisions are his, not mine.

I am also not being fooled at all by that supposed theatre ControL_s SouL_ and his friends were supposedly playing to just end up in us realising that LeeDraciel just wanted not to get his losses processed. Seriously, go back to amateur theatre high school.

It is really incredible that anyone would believe that I am not suspecting LeeDraciel of something too. It is just definitely obvious that ControL_s SouL_ is guilty of many things, which is why he was warned immediately.

Hopefully now everyone realises why ControL_s SouL_'s ban is not intentional, merely coincidental because of his previous behaviour on the board, and that the warning itself was far from unfair. If you do not think so, then you obviously do not know everything about this event.

This whole thing gives a very bad shade to almost the whole United Kingdom community, except those who were not there. To be honest, a lot of people have broken my trust and it will be incredibly difficult to earn it back.

You do not lie to me.