Left handed Beybladers

Haha, yeah, that's basically same as me ... Unless I misunderstood you ..

|------------(||||

Is that how you launch? Defstamina88.
(Jul. 16, 2012  1:39 PM)Cannon Wrote: Haha, yeah, that's basically same as me ... Unless I misunderstood you ..

|------------(||||

Is that how you launch? Defstamina88.

Yup! However instead of pulling straight out my reflexes pull up slightly, too...
Again, same with me! haha
Well, I am left-handed. But since the day I started playing beyblade, as I had a LOT of problems in launching properly, I adapted myself to launching with the right-hand... I couldn't launch well for quite a long time, precisely till the time I got into MFB.
As I now have a lot of practice in launching with the right hand, I can launch quite well...
But yeah, whenever I get a chance of launching with my left hand, I still get a relatively stronger launch power.

But as I said, I have more practice with my right hand, and hence more accuracy(only when using Defense or Stamina types, I guess) with it.

Reason-
I kinda struggled at a recent HMS tourney while using DEMS. I played the first two matches by launching with my left hand, which (surprisingly) provided me a perfect flower pattern and hence allowed me a win. Then I launched with my right hand, as battles started to get a bit "intense", and I had to give my "best shot"(which I thought could be done only with my right hand). But well, it backfired...
I am left handed, and i actually have a very strong launch. I never have found it difficult to use a Beylauncher or a Light Launcher, well i mean, everyone had their difficulties when they first used a Beylauncher. I launch exactly the same way as most right people launch, holding the grip in their left hand and pulling the string in their right hand. I have never even attempted to use my right hand to grip the launcher, probably because when i first held a grip was when i was like 4 so i picked up on what everyone else was doing hence why i hold the grip like a right-handed person.
When I first picked up a beyblade launcher was during the plastic era and, being right handed, I picked it up with my right hand. Since the launchers were perfectly comfortable in both hands back then, it took some time for me to realise my dominant hand was supposed on the ripcord.

I eventually became an ambidextrous blader and I now rather miss the ability to use my left hand, since it was one of the things that made me unique.

I prefer not to use grips since if they don't hold the launcher perfectly, they wobble and mess up my launch.
Neither of my 3-Segment Launchers wobble at all...
(Jul. 16, 2012  6:44 PM)Hazel Wrote: Neither of my 3-Segment Launchers wobble at all...

Well his might be in really bad condition. Or he is wrong either one...
I don't have a 3-segment and my grip does appear to be really bad. Also, I'm overpicky on these things.
(Jul. 16, 2012  1:17 PM)Cannon Wrote:
(Jul. 16, 2012  9:37 AM)BattleLion Wrote: Cannon you know that Ripcord-Launchers are more powerful than other Launcher..

String Launchers are much better than Ripcord-Launchers ...
You Can't use the powerful... in String Launchers.

String Launchers are better in every category.
Im a left handed blader and at my last tornament (it was also my first) I found it hard to launch into the small bb10 attack stadium, i use a lions lair stadium. So then i switched to righty and sucked even more, i couldnt even ,make it in the lions lair stadium. But i kept practising and eventually i got it in the lions lair. Then i bought a bb10 attack stadium and after a few months i could get it in. As of now i can get my beyblade in the stadium dead center every time and can snipe a bey out of a bb10 attack stadium from 30 feet away with a string launcher. You can do something about being left handed, switch to right and practice.
There are more high level left hand bladers than I thought.
While I am left handed I use my right hand for all except a few launches to trip opponents up, although being a trombone player my right arm's muscular structure is stronger.
Personally, I don't see how being left-handed is a problem competitively. Both the regular and 3Seg grips provide a way to keep the string launcher in line with the grip, thus making it usable by both types of people. Holding a string launcher by itself also obviously allows for both hands to use it effectively.

Since I'm looking at a competitive situation, ripcord launchers don't really count here since nobody would use them. Only someone like Cye would to perform a sliding shoot, though most just bank with the string launcher and get the flower pattern. Anyone could even borrow a string launcher at a tournament if necessary.
I built a launcher for lefties out of the components of a Hasbro Left LL, Right LL, and original plastics launcher (illegal, of course) and it works/ed perfectly. A friend of mine's brother was left handed too, so I built him a custom Lefty-launcher as well because I figured if he was gonna play for fun, he should at least do it comfortably. Though, this was all before I bought a String-Launcher and became a member of the WBO. xD

Since I was left-handed when I first started playing Beyblade, I always held the original launchers from the plastics era sideways and pulled the ripcords out that way. It became so natural to me to pull in that fashion that now, I use my Beylauncher the same way. I didn't realize why that felt so much more comfortable than pulling back until I picked up one of my plastics launchers and noticed the similarity in the way I launched.

If anyone complains that they can't launch well because they're left-handed, they aren't trying. Any Beylauncher is an extremely easy fix to that problem. Wink
i cn rip with bolth hand's. it's usually easierto have a choice with string launchers
Yep, a Beylauncher can be launched from both hands.
Just had a thought though for those who want to use cord based launchers, wouldn't BBG-05 be a great choice? With a Zero-G grip it would work great as well.
Well if to say they wanted to be strong, like GOOD strong. They should hold the string launcher with left hand, then pull with right. Even if they are left handed it should be simple.
Well ripcord launchers give more attack, yet string launchers give it more speed in the launch. Plus ripcord launchers wear out from pulling so hard.
(Jul. 16, 2012  11:10 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: Personally, I don't see how being left-handed is a problem competitively. Both the regular and 3Seg grips provide a way to keep the string launcher in line with the grip, thus making it usable by both types of people. Holding a string launcher by itself also obviously allows for both hands to use it effectively.

Since I'm looking at a competitive situation, ripcord launchers don't really count here since nobody would use them. Only someone like Cye would to perform a sliding shoot, though most just bank with the string launcher and get the flower pattern. Anyone could even borrow a string launcher at a tournament if necessary.
I use a light launcher to get a sliding shot.

(Jul. 17, 2012  1:11 PM)Andy12 Wrote:
(Jul. 16, 2012  11:10 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: Personally, I don't see how being left-handed is a problem competitively. Both the regular and 3Seg grips provide a way to keep the string launcher in line with the grip, thus making it usable by both types of people. Holding a string launcher by itself also obviously allows for both hands to use it effectively.

Some of the new wbo members use ripcord launcher.

I actually prefer using my launcher right-handedly; it makes it much easier to control my launch since I'm holding my launcher withmy stronger arm. It actually doesn't matter a whole lot which way I rip it; I'm almost ambidextrious. (I can do most things equally well with either hand.)
My uncle is a lefty. he holds beywheel launchers with his right hand and launches them backwards :}
I'm both too and it is harder to rip with my left hand then my right hand, but i still use my left hand so it can get use to it.
(Jul. 17, 2012  1:36 PM)Nitrohammer Wrote:
(Jul. 17, 2012  1:11 PM)Andy12 Wrote:

Some of the new wbo members use ripcord launcher.

Is it really worth sacrificing that much power just to get the same result you could get while banking?

Like I said, I'm assuming a competitive situation, and normally people use beylaunchers because they get extra power and can still create the flower pattern without specifically using a sliding shoot.