Lack of Manners

Quote:"That belongs in the Ask a Question, Get an Answer Topic."
(While that may be the correct place for them to ask the question they are asking, you could have easily answered the question for them more than likely, but instead, you want to try to play the role of a Mini-Mod, which no one likes.)

I kinda do thatUnhappy sorry if I act like a Mini-Mod on occasionUnhappy
(Aug. 28, 2013  12:53 PM)Ultramarine Wrote: I feel I do this sometimes as well, especially when someone begins to argue that their combo is not bad which is when I can get a little ticked.
I know right lately tac107 has ben arguing that Duo Serpent DGrin is good in a Zero-G stadium because if one tip fails he has another one plus both Ifrit ans ultramarine broke it down to him why its not that good and why DGrin is useless but he replied saying try it it in a Zero-G stadium... other members have been doing this lately too Tired
also it Ticks me off when people suggest combos like Burn Bull GB145MS
(Aug. 29, 2013  3:16 AM)Lazer Wrote:
(Aug. 28, 2013  12:53 PM)Ultramarine Wrote: I feel I do this sometimes as well, especially when someone begins to argue that their combo is not bad which is when I can get a little ticked.
I know right lately tac107 has ben arguing that Duo Serpent DGrin is good in a Zero-G stadium because if one tip fails he has another one plus both Ifrit ans ultramarine broke it down to him why its not that good and why DGrin is useless but he replied saying try it it in a Zero-G stadium... other members have been doing this lately too Tired
also it Ticks me off when people suggest combos like Burn Bull GB145MS

Please don't include names.. that's quite rude in my eyes. Uncertain
If someone thinks a combo is good, they have a reason. YOu can tell them a thousand times that there are better combos, but if they don't change their mind, they most likely have a reason.

Don't force your opinion oppon others.
That's because their newbies and aren't open to the new combos yet, because they haven't been introduced to them yet. Just because you don't think there combos are any good doesn't mean they aren't good, heck it might be top tier... for them. Tac107 is just stubborn, he needs to go to a tournament, get his butt handed to him, then try out new combos. It's not there fault they suggest combos like that, they probably didn't even know zero-g existed before the WBO, so you can't get mad at them for soemthing like that.
(Aug. 29, 2013  3:25 AM)TakasuMouce Wrote: Please don't include names.. that's quite rude in my eyes. Uncertain
If someone thinks a combo is good, they have a reason. YOu can tell them a thousand times that there are better combos, but if they don't change their mind, they most likely have a reason.

I just want to post here to state that Beyblade combinations working or not working is not a matter of opinions.
I joined that WBO July 2012, and I had no knowledge on anything that has to do with meta game, I could not even name parts. I got alot of what Kai Hiwatari mentioned, and it made me feel bad, and still some times stuff like that happen to me because their are alot people who know more about beyblade than me. I am 11 right now, so of course veteran members are gonna know more than me. Their is one thing I have to say. With all due respect, all WBO Moderates and "Mini mods" should learn from theblackdragon.
I joined in july like I mentioned before, and whenever I made a mistake (Which I do alot on this website) they always sounded mean when they corrected me. However, theblackdragon always spoke politely and ended his posts with a smiley face, and alot of times he wrote "In my humble opinion" In my humble opinion, I think the WBO moderators should learn from theblackdragon, in fact even make him one if possible. Some of the moderators who I think should are
Kai-V,Cannon: I know that Kai-V and Cannon both work very hard for the community, and new members like I was are always very annoying, but the tone of your message when you correct them feels... well how should I put it, mean? Well a really light version of mean. Try seeing some of theblackdragon's posts. I do however note that I am sometimes very rude, which is how I earned the 90% warning which I currently posses.
Just my 2 cents.

At one point I felt like I should leave the site.
See, while they aren't being happy smiley, they certainly aren't being rude. This is an organisation, and while it is for fun, there has to be an element of strictness.
The only really active mods are Kai-V, Cannon, and possibly Ingulit and Kei.
(Aug. 29, 2013  3:50 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: The only really active mods are Kai-V, Cannon, and possibly Ingulit.
kei isn't that active?
EDIT: I would like to hear Kai-V take on this subject, since she does so much for the wbo Smile
I'm not sure theblackdragon's there yet, close, but still. No offense. Tongue_out_wink
I am usually pressured whether or not I should post things, like incase I'm wrong or I say something that sounds worded improperly, and I like my warnig percentage where its at. Yes there are rules that needs to be carried out and harshly or not they need to be followed. I think you forgot Kei, but posting-wise those are the main ones, but there are moderators all around, Uwik, blah, etc.
(Aug. 29, 2013  3:50 AM)Ultramarine Wrote: See, while they aren't being happy smiley, they certainly aren't being rude. This is an organisation, and while it is for fun, there has to be an element of strictness.

The element of strictness is what I am talking about. Think how that element would be if it was in your real life. Would you like it? And even though they are not being rude, the tone they speak in is not happy, it sounds strict. Even though this site is for fun,I have been met with strictness more than happiness. The only members who ever talk in a happy tone are theblackdragon and Ingulit. And sometimes its my fault for being rude or mean, or just plain getting on the members nerves, but still, was it really my fault I was so inexperienced? What if a teacher in Kindergarden, heck even 4th grade, corrected kids like that? My school teachers always talk with words like sweetie, or kind words. Or they say you almost got it, and I am in 6th grade.

(Aug. 29, 2013  3:50 AM)Ultramarine Wrote: See, while they aren't being happy smiley, they certainly aren't being rude. This is an organisation, and while it is for fun, there has to be an element of strictness.

The element of strictness is what I am talking about. Think how that element would be if it was in your real life. Would you like it? And even though they are not being rude, the tone they speak in is not happy, it sounds strict. Even though this site is for fun,I have been met with strictness more than happiness. The only members who ever talk in a happy tone are theblackdragon and Ingulit. And sometimes its my fault for being rude or mean, or just plain getting on the members nerves, but still, was it really my fault I was so inexperienced? What if a teacher in Kindergarden, heck even 4th grade, corrected kids like that? My school teachers always talk with words like sweetie, or kind words. Or they say you almost got it, and I am in 6th grade.
(Aug. 29, 2013  3:38 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2013  3:25 AM)TakasuMouce Wrote: Please don't include names.. that's quite rude in my eyes. Uncertain

I just want to post here to state that Beyblade combinations working or not working is not a matter of opinions.

Eh... I guess I didn't worded that correctly.
If someone is disagreeing dont force you're opinion about their combo onto them. Although it may be a fact that it's wrong, there is no reason to start a fight over it. Was that a bit better? I might have started off the wrong foot there, ha.

About the strictness: I want to say that we should have a less strict type of post towards new members who have only accidentally violated the rules once. I mean, if the moment I joined and made a thread got me a warning, I would most likely not be on the forums right now. But if the moderator met the violation with a "warmer" approach, you can ease the rules in, and not seem like you're forcing them onto the new member.

I've always have strict teachers, and boy, did no one have fun. Tired This is a forum about spinning tops. We are professional, yet nice. I want to keep it that way. :3 Please feel free to disagree with me; I'm open to that.

Edit:
(Aug. 29, 2013  4:16 AM)diblee123 Wrote: Maybe you had strict teachers, but most people don't, maybe a handful.

Um... I sorta don't understand what you mean...? Strictness is needed no matter what. If no one is strict, people will be carefree and not worry about consequences. Sometimes my strict teachers call me "Sweetie" because I help them so much with their computers, or that I always hand in my homework or something, I dunno.
I'm not saying that its a standard to have strict people, but if you let them go by too easily, they'll never learn. Consult the "WBO: Strict or Not" thread for further discussion.
Maybe you had strict teachers, but most people don't, maybe a handful.
These days, we usually do not give warnings the first time. We all understand that new Members might be negligent and have not read the rules, so the first warning usually only comes if they repeatedly break rules after being told not to, or if they do something horrible of course.
(Aug. 29, 2013  4:22 AM)Kai-V Wrote: These days, we usually do not give warnings the first time. We all understand that new Members might be negligent and have not read the rules, so the first warning usually only comes if they repeatedly break rules after being told not to, or if they do something horrible of course.

That's good to hear! But... some people mini-mod... And maybe that's causing the problem...?
I mean, maybe the moderators are all doing a fine job (which you are!) but all the mini-mods are taking a "straightforward" approach. Maybe they say "Put this in the AAQAGAA Thread" just to get a higher post count??

Hrm... I don't know. I must sound like a really anoying dude xD. Poking my head into this so much when I'm only 13, haha. :p
(Aug. 29, 2013  1:17 AM)ryukiba Wrote:
Quote:"That belongs in the Ask a Question, Get an Answer Topic."
(While that may be the correct place for them to ask the question they are asking, you could have easily answered the question for them more than likely, but instead, you want to try to play the role of a Mini-Mod, which no one likes.)

I kinda do thatUnhappy sorry if I act like a Mini-Mod on occasionUnhappy
(Aug. 29, 2013  4:16 AM)diblee123 Wrote: Maybe you had strict teachers, but most people don't, maybe a handful.
The Mods are not here to be teachers. While they have a wealth of information, their lives are not dedicated to teaching us. This is a professional forum, and as long as the mods aren't mean or rude, of which they are neither, there really isn't a problem.
Yes their is, you cannot just say that there tone is not discouraging.
I myself am a witness. When the mods corrected me if gave me a feeling of being discouraged and made me feel scared before I post. And are kids really supposed to be professionals? Keep in minds that beyblade was originally made for kids.
(Aug. 29, 2013  4:29 AM)Ultramarine Wrote:
The Mods are not here to be teachers. While they have a wealth of information, their lives are not dedicated to teaching us. This is a professional forum, and as long as the mods aren't mean or rude, of which they are neither, there really isn't a problem.

This is completely agreeable. Which is why I brought up the point of Mini-Mods in my last post.

First off, I'm not here to blame anyone. I might have even contributed to the problem, to say the least. But we're here to solve a problem, right? Joyful_3

Mini-Mods... are people who want to feel like they have power to tell others that something is wrong. Unfortunately, a majority of them don't do it in a manner that seems to be getting the WBO the good type of attention.

Therefore, I'd like to BLAME EVERYTHING ON THE MINI-MODS. Just kidding. Instead of blaming others we should try to make a change in the rules..? Like, make mini-modding against the rules? Or allow people who seem reliable to become some type of moderator that doesn't have as much power of a regular moderator but have the power to close threads...? People like Insomniac. , although she is a moderator of the Your Creations forums. But this is only a thought I had, and it's not very practical, I'd say that.

But something has to be done with the mini-mods who are still mini modding right now. I mean, the people who actually help the member out instead of saying something like "This thread will get closed," shouldn't get any type of punishment. But if they're going around saying "I reported this thread. Go to the AAQGAA topic. Someone please close." then they should seriously get some type of warning. Uncertain

Or maybe shut down mini modding once and for all and re-enforce the REPORT button? I see that it hasn't been getting enough attention lately. That thing is one of the answers to our problems... and it's just sitting there... staring at us...

But I'm getting tired and my brain is going to make me say something I will regret by accident. So good night to you all! Ill be waiting for replies. Eee
(Aug. 29, 2013  4:13 AM)TakasuMouce Wrote:
(Aug. 29, 2013  3:38 AM)Kai-V Wrote:

Eh... I guess I didn't worded that correctly.
If someone is disagreeing dont force you're opinion about their combo onto them. Although it may be a fact that it's wrong, there is no reason to start a fight over it. Was that a bit better? I might have started off the wrong foot there, ha.

About the strictness: I want to say that we should have a less strict type of post towards new members who have only accidentally violated the rules once. I mean, if the moment I joined and made a thread got me a warning, I would most likely not be on the forums right now. But if the moderator met the violation with a "warmer" approach, you can ease the rules in, and not seem like you're forcing them onto the new member.

I've always have strict teachers, and boy, did no one have fun. Tired This is a forum about spinning tops. We are professional, yet nice. I want to keep it that way. :3 Please feel free to disagree with me; I'm open to that.

Edit:

Um... I sorta don't understand what you mean...? Strictness is needed no matter what. If no one is strict, people will be carefree and not worry about consequences. Sometimes my strict teachers call me "Sweetie" because I help them so much with their computers, or that I always hand in my homework or something, I dunno.
I'm not saying that its a standard to have strict people, but if you let them go by too easily, they'll never learn. Consult the "WBO: Strict or Not" thread for further discussion.
Being strict doesn't mean you have to have discouraging tone. I was trying to say that when the moderators correct newbies, they have a discouraging tone. You can't have that type of tone to some random kid. I have felt discouraged so many times because of that. If they break a rule they know is wrong than you have to right to be harsh on them, other wise when you correct people to it in a happy tone, or even just add a smiley face at the end like theblackdragon mentioned, it makes me feel way better than when some mod corrects me.
Perhaps that's what you make of it, but I can almost assure you that rudeness is not intended by them.
No, kids are not expected to act as professionals, but that doesn't change the fact that this is some loose spamalama do-whatever-you-want forum.
Edit: I wasn't just beaten once, but twice. I was obliterated XD
(Aug. 29, 2013  4:48 AM)diblee123 Wrote: Yes their is, you cannot just say that there tone is not discouraging.
I myself am a witness. When the mods corrected me if gave me a feeling of being discouraged and made me feel scared before I post. And are kids really supposed to be professionals? Keep in minds that beyblade was originally made for kids.
I agree, while the mods do not mean to be rude, they (sometimes) don't realize that when typing a correction it can come off as discouraging, depending on diction used. Again like theblackdragon said, a smile does go a long way Smile and seriously, how serious can we make a spinning top game. Yes we all love the game, but it is catered toward children and we all should realize that in order to treat each other better Smile
And baseball was originally just a game for kids.
Point is, it doesn't matter who it's targeted at, as I said in my previous post, this isn't a lax screw-around forum, whether the toyline it covers is targeted at children or not.
(Aug. 29, 2013  4:22 AM)Kai-V Wrote: These days, we usually do not give warnings the first time. We all understand that new Members might be negligent and have not read the rules, so the first warning usually only comes if they repeatedly break rules after being told not to, or if they do something horrible of course.

I completely agree with you on that, if they repeatedly do it they should be punished, and given a warning level, but with all due respect, when I was a new member and didn't know much, when I was corrected because I was inexperienced, which I am still, the way I got corrected or the tone, made me feel discouraged. The only time I didn't feel like that was when theblackdragon corrected me like I mentioned before.
(Aug. 29, 2013  4:48 AM)diblee123 Wrote: Yes their is, you cannot just say that there tone is not discouraging.

The moderators are only doing their job. I've actually learned a lot from all of them, as a matter of fact.

In my eyes, it seems like you're disregarding the fact that people in the world will always be people who might discourage you. But maybe it's time for you, as the person, to toughen up. The world will always have the good and bad; nice is mean. And sometimes we need to accept that. Letting one small thing bring you down just isn't worth it. Think positive, erase the negative.

Moderators use the tone of an adult. They are a lot wiser than us. So, it might just be you're point of view that they're "Too strict," but to me, they're just right. They discourage so you learn. You need strength to move through discouragement. And only the strong achieve greatness in life. They are actually teaching us the realms of reality without themselves noticing! (Unless that is their goal, and everything I know is a lie 0_o)

Like they say; "Rules are rules."