[LTD] Clipped Wings: A Wing discussion

I'm not exactly sure how i should start this but here we go
This thread is for the discussion of the wing wheel, and whether or not it has a place in the limited metagame

I was messing around with the wing wheel today (4D Wing) and i came up with some interesting results for its attacking ability. Before i go on to the results, i feel like i should explain some things
the use of LRF is due to wing refusing to work on my RF, and i am using WB due to not having CS or RSF
i also only have one MF-H (lost the other one)

Wing (2) Leon 100LRF VS MF-H Earth Bull GB145WB
Detailed results (Click to View)
Wing wins: 4/20. 20% win rate
Earth wins 16/20. 80% win rate

Now, first thing you may think is "wow this guy sucks at attack types".. Well maybe i am! However with both lightning and gravity i consistently KO earth within the first or second hit.
Thing is, im getting a good flower pattern, im getting solid hits (and its not like the wall is blocking these hits), its just that these hits wont make earth budge at all. I tried for a bit on 1 and 0 modes, there was no difference. However i can easily KO Earth Bull 85/AD145WD.. but then again, i can do that with Forbidden on extreme flat Tongue_out

so what is up with wing? Maybe its just me and my wing, idk Uncertain

even if wing might not be able to attack, i feel it may have some use in another way (in which i will have results of some ideas i am working on soon)
Wing was never good at attack, try a LTDC like 85 or 90 RSF and battle Competitve Combo attack beys against it.
Isn't wing mostly used in Defense types?

The title should be like: [LTD] Wing Discussion, banned or not?

Since this is a discussion, you should try and see how it does in all types.
eh, i found its attack was ok (though greatly outclassed by all other 4D beyblades) when facing other 4D combos..
but it just wont do anything to earth but knock earth off balance (it does that quite well)

as i already said in the OP i don't have a RSF (though i am gonna get one ASAP)

but yes i am going to do testing for it as all types, just wanted to get attack out there as i am a bit busy to do the rest atm
Um... the title is wrong I believe. It should be : "[LTD] Wing Discussion" Also, is this a Takara Tomy Wing your trying to unban? You should also post these tests in the Ban List Discussion.
(Jan. 12, 2014  9:22 PM)OrionBlade Wrote: It's also the weight of it: 28.83 grams :\

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Metal-Fu...el-Weights

no this is the 4D Wing, which is in consideration to be unbanned.
This is the 4D wing Orion.

This would dominate for defense in the format. I'm definitely not for unbanning it.
(Jan. 12, 2014  9:23 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote: eh, i found its attack was ok (though greatly outclassed by all other 4D beyblades) when facing other 4D combos..
but it just wont do anything to earth but knock earth off balance (it does that quite well)

as i already said in the OP i don't have a RSF (though i am gonna get one ASAP)

refusing to work on your RF? does that mean limited movement? well use that in place of the RSF but really we need more than 1 tests for a thread. that proves it's not good vs 1 combo....
Wing has never been that amazing an attack wheel (and I think '1' was the best mode for attack but idk), however it's very heavy at 45.1g plus a clear wheel (so good synergy with Kerbecs means you're looking at 48.6g vs 42.2 for Libra, the heaviest currently legal wheel) and its shape is surprisingly effective defensively. Wing was viable as a defense/anti-attack wheel when it was released IMO, which was when Blitz and Variares were around. Most of the 4D stuff are heavy enough that attack types just bounce off them and they just push defense around for KOs. I'm surprised you're not getting more KO's with wing too but then I haven't tried it much for attack in the context of Limited, seeing as it was always better for Defense.

It's probably also worth making a note in the OP that this is for the currently banned 4D version of Wing, seeing as Hasbro released a Metal Fury version (which was very lightweight).

Anyway I'll take a look at it today seeing as this thread is here, no promise on tests as I need to do some more stuff with metal fury Scythe but yeah I would be very surprised if this thing ended up being fair and balanced etc.
(Jan. 12, 2014  9:24 PM)Coach Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2014  9:22 PM)OrionBlade Wrote: It's also the weight of it: 28.83 grams :\

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Metal-Fu...el-Weights

no this is the 4D Wing, which is in consideration to be unbanned.

Sorry, the title isn't appropriate it doesn't say [LTD] Wing, and it didn't say which one it is.
@L
LTD means "low track defence" correct? if so, then no it isn't correct as this isn't for low track defence, but for use as any type (though it may shine in low track defence

Coach . yeah, it just kinda spins in the middle and then runs out of stamina and dies.. my RF works on EVERY other wheel i have but wing Uncertain
i can try that, though i doubt its working well

i can try out some Defence and see what i get

yes it is 4D wing, i didn't actually know there was a hasbro version
No LTD means Limited Tournament Discussion...

Defense is the thing to test against. Smile
LTD is for Limited, you should read this: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MFB-Limi...NEW-THREAD

RF dying could be due to wing's weight, depending what else you've used on it.

Kira: no it's just Limited, LTD is a standard abbreviation for the word.
Fake tests (Click to View)
WBO Committee: It was recently brought to our attention that all tests by Crescent in this topic are fabricated. We urge you to forget their results and that someone trustworthy conduct the actual tests for the sake of this metagame.
ah i see, well i changed the thread name to appeal to you all

@think: i remember it working fine on my Duo.. (not that i used it much on my Duo). but yes, i was guessing myself it was because of the weight

Sorry for the double post

well i feel like a carp now.. i did just try it out for defence.. it was pretty much unmovable..
so yeah, just ignore me and my sillyness xD
(Jan. 12, 2014  9:26 PM)th!nk Wrote: Wing has never been that amazing an attack wheel (and I think '1' was the best mode for attack but idk), however it's very heavy at 45.1g plus a clear wheel (so good synergy with Kerbecs means you're looking at 48.6g vs 42.2 for Libra, the heaviest currently legal wheel) and its shape is surprisingly effective defensively. Wing was viable as a defense/anti-attack wheel when it was released IMO, which was when Blitz and Variares were around. Most of the 4D stuff are heavy enough that attack types just bounce off them and they just push defense around for KOs. I'm surprised you're not getting more KO's with wing too but then I haven't tried it much for attack in the context of Limited, seeing as it was always better for Defense.

It's probably also worth making a note in the OP that this is for the currently banned 4D version of Wing, seeing as Hasbro released a Metal Fury version (which was very lightweight).

Anyway I'll take a look at it today seeing as this thread is here, no promise on tests as I need to do some more stuff with metal fury Scythe but yeah I would be very surprised if this thing ended up being fair and balanced etc.
i would say mode 0 is the best mode for wing, but guys, wing is very bad with rubber tips like r2f,rf, and lrf you know, and other rubber tips are ok but there not really that good, to me, i would just use wing pegasis 90 wf it's to me the best combo you can do with wing.
It's not the best combo though, the best combo for wing is definitely MF-H Wing Kerbecs 90RS (or RSF, can't remember). But since RS is illegal, RSf could be used and again would dominate the format. It can get aggressive enough to KO stamina and maybe defense and stop attack in LTD right in its tracks.
(Jan. 12, 2014  11:14 PM)bladery66 Wrote:
(Jan. 12, 2014  9:26 PM)th!nk Wrote: Wing has never been that amazing an attack wheel (and I think '1' was the best mode for attack but idk), however it's very heavy at 45.1g plus a clear wheel (so good synergy with Kerbecs means you're looking at 48.6g vs 42.2 for Libra, the heaviest currently legal wheel) and its shape is surprisingly effective defensively. Wing was viable as a defense/anti-attack wheel when it was released IMO, which was when Blitz and Variares were around. Most of the 4D stuff are heavy enough that attack types just bounce off them and they just push defense around for KOs. I'm surprised you're not getting more KO's with wing too but then I haven't tried it much for attack in the context of Limited, seeing as it was always better for Defense.

i would say mode 0 is the best mode for wing, but guys, wing is very bad with rubber tips like r2f,rf, and lrf you know, and other rubber tips are ok but there not really that good, to me, i would just use wing pegasis 90 wf it's to me the best combo you can do with wing.

Not to be rude, but you're basically 100% wrong about everything you said, except maybe wing being best in 0/ironclad attack mode but definitely not for what you were talking about using it for.
(Jan. 12, 2014  11:14 PM)bladery66 Wrote:

There is no way Wing Pegasis 90WF is the best combo you can make. What about Wing on MF or, MF-H Wing Bull 90RS?
(EDIT) Beaten by the king of huge posts, th!nk. Oh and Tri.
Taking a quick look around the forums for a minute, and I didn't read the whole thread, so forgive me if someone has already said this, but introducing Wing would break the Defense/Attack meta. It's not so good for Attack as it is for Defense on low tracks.

The thing weighs more than Libra. I wouldn't recommend letting something this insanely bulky seep into the Defense spectrum. XD
Yeah wolfblade acknowledged in his last post in this topic that he tried it for LTDC and couldn't budge it.
Good to know! Should've read though first. Tongue_out

Thanks for the testing Wolfblade!