L-Drago Destroy Discussion

What about LDD BD145LRF vs MF-H Basalt Bull BD145CS/MB?
Basalt's having quite a feq counters like LLD BD145 LRF and Maximum Meteor.
So LDD is quite heavy and can be used as a counter to Left Spin Attack Types
MF-H LDD BD145 CS might be enough to stop LF's
I did discuss this with Bluezee (note that this was just a quick discussion, and so either of us potentially could be mistaken). He finds Lightning to be far more effective. I had trouble getting my LT to work, so I haven't checked myself, but am inclined to take his word for it. Destroy does work quite well in that combo, but instead of smashing opponents out, it tends to nudge them out, according to Bluezee. Apparently, it's not as high a win rate, but it IS still a good combo. Testing would be good, if people have time to supply it.

Bluezee, I assumed you wouldn't have an issue with me posting this, if you do, give me a yell.

Aquilaz112, I'm afraid I doubt it would have the balance/stamina to survive an encounter with Maximum Meteor, at the least. LDD has pretty terrible balance.
(May. 08, 2011  10:08 AM)Aquilaz112 Wrote: Basalt's having quite a feq counters like LLD BD145 LRF and Maximum Meteor.

Hmm, LDD certainly has enough sheer force to beat some of the current lefties, like Lightning Tank and Maximum Meteor, assuming the CS is aggressive somehow.I've played around with a few combos, although LDD BD seems to be the only one which can actually dent holes in other beyblades really. I'll conduct a few tests tomorrow night, and give you the low down.

(May. 08, 2011  10:10 AM)th!nk Wrote: I did discuss this with Bluezee (note that this was just a quick discussion, and so either of us potentially could be mistaken). He finds Lightning to be far more effective. I had trouble getting my LT to work, so I haven't checked myself, but am inclined to take his word for it. Destroy does work quite well in that combo, but instead of smashing opponents out, it tends to nudge them out, according to Bluezee. Apparently, it's not as high a win rate, but it IS still a good combo. Testing would be good, if people have time to supply it.

Would you mind telling me both which mode this was in, which bottom was used, its condition and how the BD was placed underneath Destroy? I'll be able to post a few pictures in how BD145 should be oriented, but I find it tends to do a little more than this. Sure, it does kind of nudge them out, but only because it doesn't have enough recoil to do so, and this is where LDD really shines. AGainst LT, I can beat it consistently with Destroy Tank, as the shrimp Metal Frame acts like some sort of Anti-Meta since it only has less recoil than Lighning, while also retaining enough smash capabilities and weight to beat it, while the Destroy core just rapes, to be honest. I love how I can just send it in there, know what I'm facing, and just own really. I do not as of yet have a Lynx to back my theory against Lynx, Bluezee has assured me LDD has sffered defeat, and thats good enough for me. It does however, beat Lightning Tank.

There's something odd about the plastic on my Destroy core, there's this little wedge which generates a whole lot of power. Can anyone confirm this? Or is mine just deformed?

(May. 08, 2011  10:05 AM)GalaxyPegasis77 Wrote: What about LDD BD145LRF vs MF-H Basalt Bull BD145CS/MB?

Stop posting.

(May. 06, 2011  10:17 AM)Diamond Wrote: If possible, could anyone please test MF-H L Drago Destroy TH170/230 CS?
I'm pretty interested at how effective the PC, PVC Core will absorb hits.

Wait, as a defense or attack combination? I can provide formal tests, if you wish.
(May. 08, 2011  11:17 AM)Mushy Wrote:
(May. 06, 2011  10:17 AM)Diamond Wrote: If possible, could anyone please test MF-H L Drago Destroy TH170/230 CS?
I'm pretty interested at how effective the PC, PVC Core will absorb hits.

Wait, as a defense or attack combination? I can provide formal tests, if you wish.
Defense.
Some formal tests would be great, thanks.
No problem, I will get some tests up in the next few days. May I ask you which mode you would prefer?

Eh, I'll do both Grin
(May. 08, 2011  9:35 AM)Mushy Wrote: I don't have the time to test 230, but I have a set of tests using D125 against GB145CS.

MF-H LDD D125RF vs. MF-H Basalt Bull GB145CS
LDD WR: 100% (10 KOs)
Basalt WR: 0%

Previous Procedure. Right now, I am 99.3% sure the OP is fail. I want concrete evidence you either recorded the tests accurately, or even have the wheel. I see no reason to believe you now.
YOU ROCK. Wow, I just didn't see this coming. I knew the combo would be good, with anchored weight on the code, and rubber for a banking shot to just kill.

Full KO's I also didn't expect. This is a break-through for me.

Thanks!

EDIT: If anyone could test:

MF-H L-Drago Destroy T125/125RF VS. MF-H Basalt Bull 230CS

In full attack mode.
I want to request LDD 85LRF vs Basalt Bull 230CS
(May. 08, 2011  2:40 PM)FinisherLDrago Wrote: I want to request LDD 85LRF vs Basalt Bull 230CS
Mushy said that LDD 85 took out Basalt 230 in a Hasbro stadium!
I wonder if it's gonna have the same results in a TT attack...
(May. 08, 2011  2:41 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote:
(May. 08, 2011  2:40 PM)FinisherLDrago Wrote: I want to request LDD 85LRF vs Basalt Bull 230CS
Mushy said that LDD 85 took out Basalt 230 in a Hasbro stadium!

Woops, i was joking about that...

Anyway, are you sure you want to use 125? Why not just opt for CH120. IMO, mid-height attackers are alright against 230, but 145 is currently the best... All promised testing in the next few days.
Sorry, I don't have Basalt, so I used Libra:

MF-H L Drago Destroy T125RF vs. MF-H Libra 230CS

L Drago Destroy: 12 wins (All KO)
Libra: 8 Wins (1 KO and 7 OS)

L Drago Destroy WR: 60%
I'd just like to restate what Mushy said, because I saw this happen with gravity, too. WHY 125 INSTEAD OF CH120?
Does the 5mm make a difference, moreso than the ability to change up to 145? Please can we just sort that out before we do the testing.
Also, is it due to the wings of T125, and then, what about D125?
Also, a number of people seem to like it on 130, well, S130, and obviously WA130 is an option there too. So, why not those, also.

Don't want to sound like I'm interrogating/angry, I'm in the middle of writing an essay, so I'm kinda in that thought train. I just gotta know Tongue_out
(May. 08, 2011  10:08 AM)Aquilaz112 Wrote: Basalt's having quite a feq counters like LLD BD145 LRF and Maximum Meteor.

i dont know if maximum meteor can take out basalt bull 230 cs because once there rubbing against each other maximum meteor just dies i havent bin able to beat basalt bull 230 cs with maximum meteor yet but its probobly because im not very experienced with the bey
So which mode is superior?
(May. 08, 2011  4:31 PM)BrawlLawl Wrote:

i dont know if maximum meteor can take out basalt bull 230 cs because once there rubbing against each other maximum meteor just dies i havent bin able to beat basalt bull 230 cs with maximum meteor yet but its probobly because im not very experienced with the bey

That doesn't belong here (it belongs in the MM thread), but Maximum meteor EASILY beats Basalt230, through destabilisation, lighting stalling, or KO. That was the main aim of it when it was created.
Can anyone do my request? LDD 85 LRF vs Basalt Bull 230CS in an TT attack?
Do not be so impatient. It will be tested eventually, but we have lives too, you know. You requested that only,l what, three hours ago? Remember, for starters, that a lot of people would be sleeping, due to different time zones, and that other people have other things to do (such as assignments, or jobs, or other things not involving spinning tops).
But no one said they would do it...
(May. 08, 2011  4:46 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(May. 08, 2011  4:31 PM)BrawlLawl Wrote:

That doesn't belong here (it belongs in the MM thread), but Maximum meteor EASILY beats Basalt230, through destabilisation, lighting stalling, or KO. That was the main aim of it when it was created.
The main aim was actually just to kill Basalt BD145CS, since LT already killed 230s for me, and so did Homing Dragon. (If homing could do it, obviously MLD could.) I don't see at all why you aren't winning.. Practice? Even then, just tornado stall if your awful.
(May. 08, 2011  5:18 PM)FinisherLDrago Wrote: But no one said they would do it...

I don't know about you, but when I'm asleep or not online due to other reasons, I generally don't reply to posts either. Or read them, for that matter. Because I can't. I image that most other people are in the same boat. And those that have (like me), may be too busy with other things to do testing any time soon.
And again, it's only been a few hours since you asked.
Do remember that you're asking other people to do something for you (testing).

Anyway.
Dan, hmm, dunno where I got the impression they were both designed to kill basalt@230, then. Anyway, yeah, it's hard to lose to Basalt230CS with MM (though we're getting off topic here). To be slightly on topic, LDrago Destroy's poor balance/stamina means it tends to get outspun where Meteo would not, on CH120XF. At least, when I played around with it.

I might, if I have time tomorrow, do some solo spin tests with L-Drago Destroy 145WD to see just how bad that stamina is... At least I won't get as bored as usual, because 20 rounds will probably only take, what, 20 Minutes Tongue_out
MF-F instead of a normal face bolt? And i'm sorry...
Does anyone have the weight of the Wheel?
(May. 08, 2011  5:45 PM)FinisherLDrago Wrote: MF-F instead of a normal face bolt? And i'm sorry...
My bad, originally it was thought to be lighter, and I'm used to that. Apparently it's ever so slightly heavier, IIRC. Anyway, edited now.
That's okay, just keep it in mind in future. Smile

(May. 08, 2011  5:52 PM)KamenBlader Wrote: Does anyone have the weight of the Wheel?

This was posted in the BB-108 thread in beyblade general. Use the search function, if you must.
Once I get my MLD reshuffle set and my LDD, i'll do MLD85XF vs MF LDD85LRF and then the same thing without an MF.