Kickstarter - Large Anime Stadium

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pro...in-stadium

I have been making anime style stadiums for a while now, but my equipment limits the size I can produce. This kickstarter is to be able to produce 26 inch diameter, 0.08" thick professionally vacuum formed stadiums with the same anime look as my homemade stadiums. These large stadiums will be larger, thicker, and have the anime decal placed underneathe for protection.

Please check it out and support the project with a pledge! Even a pledge of $1 helps the project gain traction. Or if you want to receive a large stadium, pledge enough for one of the reward levels!  

There are already multiple Beytubers that have pledged, but the project will not go through unless it gets fully backed.
(Dec. 09, 2020  4:21 PM)Jeremywight Wrote: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pro...in-stadium

I have been making anime style stadiums for a while now, but my equipment limits the size I can produce. This kickstarter is to be able to produce 26 inch diameter, 0.08" thick professionally vacuum formed stadiums with the same anime look as my homemade stadiums. These large stadiums will be larger, thicker, and have the anime decal placed underneathe for protection.

Please check it out and support the project with a pledge! Even a pledge of $1 helps the project gain traction. Or if you want to receive a large stadium, pledge enough for one of the reward levels!  

There are already multiple Beytubers that have pledged, but the project will not go through unless it gets fully backed.

Bruh, this is 1,500+ bucks. No-ones gonna buy it.
Wrong forum reported
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! WE CAN BUY ANIME STADIUMS FOR WAY CHEAPER!
(Dec. 09, 2020  9:34 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Dec. 09, 2020  4:21 PM)Jeremywight Wrote: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pro...in-stadium

Did you even take a proper look? It’s $125.
(Dec. 09, 2020  9:45 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Dec. 09, 2020  9:34 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Bruh, this is 1,500+ bucks. No-ones gonna buy it.

Did you even take a proper look? It’s $125.

No. On the right it says 1,562 or something close to that. And it says the goal is 12,000. That’s rediculous. We could buy Nike stadiums in amazon for 60$ and they’re better quality, larger, have more incline, and a lot more! Man this thread is useles.

(Dec. 09, 2020  9:36 PM)beykid44 Wrote: ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! WE CAN BUY ANIME STADIUMS FOR WAY CHEAPER!

(Dec. 09, 2020  9:37 PM)EarthHelios Wrote: Those anime stadiums look big but seriously that thing is expensive!

It isn't being sold for $1500, that's just how much money he has raised through the kickstarter page. It says in the description that if you donate/pledge $125 USD, he'll send you a stadium. So it's basically like you're buying it for $125, which isn't that bad considering the size.
(Dec. 09, 2020  9:47 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Dec. 09, 2020  9:45 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Did you even take a proper look? It’s $125.

No. On the right it says 1,562 or something close to that. And it says the goal is 12,000. That’s rediculous. We could buy Nike stadiums in amazon for 60$ and they’re better quality, larger, have more incline, and a lot more! Man this thread is useles.

That’s because this is a Kickstarter. He’s raising $12,000 so he can actually start making these with better equipment. So far, he has raised $1,562. If you look at how to back it, you will see that if you donate $125 or more, you will get one of those stadiums.
(Dec. 09, 2020  9:49 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Dec. 09, 2020  9:47 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: No. On the right it says 1,562 or something close to that. And it says the goal is 12,000. That’s rediculous. We could buy Nike stadiums in amazon for 60$ and they’re better quality, larger, have more incline, and a lot more! Man this thread is useles.

That’s because this is a Kickstarter. He’s raising $12,000 so he can actually start making these with better equipment. So far, he has raised $1,562. If you look at how to back it, you will see that if you donate $125 or more, you will get one of those stadiums.

That’s still super expensive. Legit, the limit break do set is not even $100. It’s like 70. And this stadium is $125? No way.
(Dec. 09, 2020  9:47 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Dec. 09, 2020  9:45 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Did you even take a proper look? It’s $125.

It’s definitely 125 usd per one.
(Dec. 09, 2020  9:51 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 09, 2020  9:47 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: No. On the right it says 1,562 or something close to that. And it says the goal is 12,000. That’s rediculous. We could buy Nike stadiums in amazon for 60$ and they’re better quality, larger, have more incline, and a lot more! Man this thread is useles.

It’s definitely 125 usd per one.

Still super expensive.
(Dec. 09, 2020  9:51 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Dec. 09, 2020  9:51 PM)Zeutron Wrote: It’s definitely 125 usd per one.

Still super expensive.

Yeah pretty much. Probably worth 3-4 times less.
(Dec. 09, 2020  9:52 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 09, 2020  9:51 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Still super expensive.

Yeah, for sure.
(Dec. 09, 2020  9:52 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 09, 2020  9:51 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Still super expensive.

(Dec. 09, 2020  9:53 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Dec. 09, 2020  9:52 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Yeah pretty much. Probably worth 3-4 times less.

Yeah, for sure.
Durable plastic for 3D printers isn't cheap by any means, and with how big the stadium is, I don't want to imagine how much it cost in just raw materials to print it. The cost of the 3D printer also has to be kept in mind, as that's the most expensive part.
Edit: The final product will actually be CNC machined, which makes it even more expensive to make.
(Dec. 09, 2020  10:03 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Dec. 09, 2020  9:52 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Yeah pretty much. Probably worth 3-4 times less.

(Dec. 09, 2020  9:53 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Yeah, for sure.
Durable plastic for 3D printers isn't cheap by any means, and with how big the stadium is, I don't want to imagine how much it cost in just raw materials to print it. The cost of the 3D printer also has to be kept in mind, as that's the most expensive part.

Sure a 3D printer is expensive, but we’re talking about THE STADIUM. The stadium is not SUPER expensive, nuts it’s expensive and there’s way better deals on many websites like amazon, eBay, and others. Legit, the limit break do set is only 70$ and it comes with a stadium, 2 one sparking launchers, 2 chips that weird 2 times as much as normal, metal chip cores, dash drivers with high LAD attachments, plus 2 new rings and discs. That’s just an example of the WAY better deals there are out there.
(Dec. 09, 2020  10:03 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:

(Dec. 09, 2020  9:53 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Yeah, for sure.

Fair enough for the 3-D printer but the raw materials aren’t expensive, at least not by the standards of the average person. He’s just trying to make money the same way these mass production companies do, thats how these massive companies make money. A beyblade product probably costs no more than a dollar to four to make and it is sold at about 5-6 times the price and it’s the same story here ya know?
(Dec. 09, 2020  10:08 PM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Dec. 09, 2020  10:03 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: Durable plastic for 3D printers isn't cheap by any means, and with how big the stadium is, I don't want to imagine how much it cost in just raw materials to print it. The cost of the 3D printer also has to be kept in mind, as that's the most expensive part.

Fair enough for the 3-D printer but the raw materials aren’t expensive, at least not by the standards of the average person. He’s just trying to make money the same way these mass production companies do, thats how these massive companies make money. A beyblade probably costs no more than a dollar of four to make and it is sold at about 5-6 times the price and it’s the same story here ya know?
I guess, I’m just saying there are SO many better deals. Especially since 3D printed things are a bit fragile.
(Dec. 09, 2020  10:06 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:
(Dec. 09, 2020  10:03 PM)#Fafnir Wrote: Durable plastic for 3D printers isn't cheap by any means, and with how big the stadium is, I don't want to imagine how much it cost in just raw materials to print it. The cost of the 3D printer also has to be kept in mind, as that's the most expensive part.

Sure a 3D printer is expensive, but we’re talking about THE STADIUM. The stadium is not SUPER expensive, nuts it’s expensive and there’s way better deals on many websites like amazon, eBay, and others. Legit, the limit break do set is only 70$ and it comes with a stadium, 2 one sparking launchers, 2 chips that weird 2 times as much as normal, metal chip cores, dash drivers with high LAD attachments, plus 2 new rings and discs. That’s just an example of the WAY better deals there are out there.

As I mentioned, the plastic used by the 3D printer also costs money, and a good bit of it at that.
If you think it's too expensive, that's totally fine. But it's rude to go on and on about how the price is unfair, because at the end of the day, he's doing this in his own home with his own time.
Sorry if I sound rude, but my dad also owns a 3D printer, so I know how much this stuff can end up costing.
Edit: The final product will actually be CNC machined, which makes it even more expensive to make.
(Dec. 09, 2020  10:06 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote:

This stadium isn't a normal, run of the mill TT release. Really the price isn't bad at all for what it is, and how much 3D printing really costs as of right now. If you don't like it... just move on lol.
(Dec. 09, 2020  10:11 PM)#Fafnir Wrote:
(Dec. 09, 2020  10:06 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Sure a 3D printer is expensive, but we’re talking about THE STADIUM. The stadium is not SUPER expensive, nuts it’s expensive and there’s way better deals on many websites like amazon, eBay, and others. Legit, the limit break do set is only 70$ and it comes with a stadium, 2 one sparking launchers, 2 chips that weird 2 times as much as normal, metal chip cores, dash drivers with high LAD attachments, plus 2 new rings and discs. That’s just an example of the WAY better deals there are out there.

As I mentioned, the plastic used by the 3D printer also costs money, and a good bit of it at that.
If you think it's too expensive, that's totally fine. But it's rude to go on and on about how the price is unfair, because at the end of the day, he's doing this in his own home with his own time.
Sorry if I sound rude, but my dad also owns a 3D printer, so I know how much this stuff can end up costing.

Ok, I’m sorry if I was being rude as well. I understand now. Are we good?

(Dec. 09, 2020  10:13 PM)Real_ilinnuc Wrote:
(Dec. 09, 2020  10:06 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: Sure a 3D printer is expensive, but we’re talking about THE STADIUM. The stadium is not SUPER expensive, nuts it’s expensive and there’s way better deals on many websites like amazon, eBay, and others. Legit, the limit break do set is only 70$ and it comes with a stadium, 2 one sparking launchers, 2 chips that weird 2 times as much as normal, metal chip cores, dash drivers with high LAD attachments, plus 2 new rings and discs. That’s just an example of the WAY better deals there are out there.

This stadium isn't a normal, run of the mill TT release. Really the price isn't bad at all for what it is, and how much 3D printing really costs as of right now. If you don't like it... just move on lol.
Ok. It’s not that I don’t like it, it’s just that I think it’s kinda expensive. But I understand now. Sorry if I sounded rude to anyone.
Looks nice! I'm not sure how well a 3D-printed stadium would perform (Hopefully it's durable enough to handle heavy beys and drivers like Charge Metal), but it looks high-quality, and the size is quite impressive! It's nearly 2 feet by 2 feet!

That's how much money has been pledged/donated towards the project. The goal is $12,000 and that money would go towards production values for the first batch of stadiums. Afterwards, the money coming in from purchases would (presumably) go back into making more stadiums. Also, it looks like if the goal isn't met by January 29th, any donations made would be refunded.

In a way, it's somewhat similar to getting a loan to start a business, except in this case it's being funded by donations rather than a loan that would need to be paid back at a later date.

I will note that I'm not very familiar with Kickstarter or how it works, so take all of this with a grain of salt.
I'll totally get one once I get 125 dollars to pledge (im flat broke after buying the Limit Break Set and Lucifer The End). I wonder how its gonna hold up to Cm as mine likes to put dents in my stadiums.
Just to clear up any misinformation...

$1500 is what has been pledged so far, as others have said. There were early bird slots to pledge $99 for a large stadium. The normal kickstarter price I have set is $125 for a large stadium.

The final product is not 3D printed. I have videos showing a 3D printed prototype just to showcase the size, but if you read the descriptions you will see that the final product is vacuum formed plastic with a vinyl decal and paint that will be applied on the underside. The plastic will be much thicker than TT or Hasbro stadiums. All of the work will be done by a manufacturer.

If you really want to see how much it costs to produce, then find a manufacturer, send them a 3D file, and add up the quote for the mold cost (cnc'ed out of an aluminum block), plastic material costs for a minimum of 100 pieces, vinyl decals that you design (again 100 minimum), paint, shipping, taxes, import fees, and the actual work to form it (plus industrial vacuum forming machines cost tens of thousands of dollars), cut it out, apply the decal, cut the decal out, paint, package, and ship it. Oh don't forget kickstarter fees (10%).

My kickstarter goal is based on how many orders I would need to break even..which comes out to about 70. If there isn't that much demand...then guess what? No funds are taken, no stadiums are made, and everybody goes their merry way. I am just putting this out there for those who are interested.

If you think it's too expensive, go see what it costs to buy TT's large stadium.