Is Beyblade popular where you live?

Actually there was random booster 4 at isetan during the G3 tournament
(Oct. 24, 2017  7:11 AM)Bersilus Wrote: Actually there was random booster 4 at isetan during the G3 tournament

Color me surprised then, I guess RB is not very prevalent, or just sold out more quickly then. I do try to visit stores that sell beyblade occasionally and I did not catch it at the time. Thank you for your input.
Here in Los Angeles we have events pretty frequently.
Not really Philadelphia is really inactive
I need burst tournaments
Here in Texas it isn't popular at all. There is Beyblade stock left everywhere.

I blame Hasbro for Beyblade's unpopularity here in the states. Their lack of marketing and effort has left a nearly dead franchise. Hopefully they have learned their lesson and will take active steps to better their efforts to push Beyblade Burst. As for now, I am liking the evolution line-up. They seem to have stepped up their game.
Why aren't there tournaments in the Midwest where I live

Also the selection here is terrible, I'm pretty sure we are in wave 5 now and all I see at my local retailers are wyrons spryzens and other early release bey's with an occasional nepstrius and horusood sprinkled in. And this isn't because they are selling out, I went to Florida on vacation and I saw eviperos, betromoths, and unicrests.
Yeah it's popular in my place but not that much cause only some people play
Beyblades aren't very popular here in Australia, the only way I could see it becoming popular is if the next gen does something awsome!
used to be very popular back in Cebu during the metal saga, started dying out during zero-g. now, burst looks more like a dying candle here since we just got until Burst Evolution
Ohio seems so far behind, just now getting the Switchstrike beys and only in a few select places like Wal-Mart while every other store is still several waves behind the Switchstrike line.

I did see an ad for the Switchstrike beys yesterday when I was at the dentist's office though, which gives me at least a little hope.
In western oklahoma beyblade is prettty big. In my school alone, just one grade, there's 10 bladers, plus I owe my friend a rokatvor r3 for her b-day. If I had to total up my whole city I'd say 20 ish bladers, with 5 more interested
I live in Istanbul, Turkey. Everyone knows what Beyblades are. It was easy to find Metal beys during their time, I have never seen a Burst bey tho.  Elementary school students are also playing beyblade but never once in my life have I seen them use a stadium. Last year in high school we actually played beyblade. It was a nostalgic thing for everyone except me :P

Beyblade is in the same category as Pokemon here belive it or not.

When I search for Beyblades in this area this retarded "Infinity Nado" thing comes up. So many knockoffs here.
It just needs publicity. Here in the UK, the Beyblade anime series was on one of the mainstream TV channels back in 2002, plastic generation was very popular, which was how I got into (inspite of my age!), through the series and seeing the Beys on sale all over the place. But after that series ended, the follow up series weren't picked up and it just died quietly. No idea if any of the satellite/cable channels picked up the sequels, but it didn't have that big push it got from being on a mainstream channel. Plus there was the soundtrack album as well, which sold pretty well.
Beyblade Burst almost passed me by, it's on the Pop Max channel, but it's a Sony owned channel that's right down the end of the channel list (208), so it's very easy to miss and it doesn't bother publicising itself. It's also pretty much a robot channel, you can't contact them easily, they ignore/don't reply to e-mails. I missed the first run of Beyblade Burst, which was on last November-December, then it went to a repeat run, which was when I just happened to find it, halfway through the series. But Pop Max haven't bothered to show the last few episodes, very likely because it would screw up their schedules, as it would end midweek. They're coming to the end of it's third run, but again, they're stopping it at episode 46, which is on this Friday, two episodes a day. There isn't another run scheduled after that. Meanwhile, the shops don't have very much in the way of Hasbro Beyblade Burst stuff, as I don't think most kids know about it.
At the tournaments, I've not been to one yet, how much publicity is done at the event to promote it? Are local newspapers told about them to get a photojournalist and reporter out there? I notice Hasbro did have little events, which I didn't know about, but have seen videos on YouTube and Vimeo, but not a huge amount to really push it out there.
Nah, bruh.
Beyblade's not that popular in Switzerland. For fun yes, kids actually buy them to play with thier friends or family but for Youtube, as long as I know, me and Noah TV from the same city I live in (Basel) are the only Beytubers around here. I really do have the hope to meet other Beytubers in Switzerland but I guess I'm moving to Germany soon to join TL14 and his gang! Smile
I’m trying to get it to be more popular for my son. I want to host a Tournament in Waco Tx

Like if you Bey in Texas!!
I have met a few my age but they are all weak

yesish, i have met about 13 bladers older than me but I am victorious
In Estonia, Beyblade is very popular, help to XS Mänguasjad (toy shop) project Beyblade Eesti, that goes over Estonian and organizes tournaments.
In the Philippines, the retail supplier/organizer for mall tournaments decided to limit entrance 13 below and didn't give a dang about the people who are above the age limit but have the money to buy their stuff. What BS. Beyblade could've been bigger in our country if only they made age brackets instead of limiting players until age 13. Phooey!
In Australia manly the out back there is a lot of people who love beyblade but we don't get tournaments here so if there is anyone who organizeds events plz do some in Australia cause the only one that happens is the world cup and that is a 17 hour trip to Sydney from where I am so please do some in Bathurst or even Orange that would mean a lot
In India, Beyblade and Pokemon is the only anime you can watch on TV. And yeah marvel too. Thus Beyblade is super popular, but people prefer buying 2$ fakes in front of 10$ Funskool ones. The mentality of Parents ( except a few) doesn't wants to spend in their children's hobby.
(Jan. 24, 2019  7:05 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: In India, Beyblade and Pokemon is the only anime you can watch on TV. And yeah marvel too. Thus Beyblade is super popular, but people prefer buying 2$ fakes in front of 10$ Funskool ones. The mentality of Parents ( except a few) doesn't wants to spend in their children's hobby.

Use the 12 Disk against their fake beys ahahahah I understand the logic of not investing into such toys by parents, but to openly choose fakes over originals even if you already have a budget is plain wrong imo. Despite the mold variances and such, we are at least sure that the metals on the toys don't contain lead or other hazardous materials.
(Jan. 26, 2019  1:58 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jan. 24, 2019  7:05 AM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: In India, Beyblade and Pokemon is the only anime you can watch on TV. And yeah marvel too. Thus Beyblade is super popular, but people prefer buying 2$ fakes in front of 10$ Funskool ones. The mentality of Parents ( except a few) doesn't wants to spend in their children's hobby.

Use the 12 Disk against their fake beys ahahahah I understand the logic of not investing into such toys by parents, but to openly choose fakes over originals even if you already have a budget is plain wrong imo. Despite the mold variances and such, we are at least sure that the metals on the toys don't contain lead or other hazardous materials.

Those 2$ knockoff weight over 120grams. I can just use hS to outspin them
Beyblade is half and half. One half is obsessed with MY beyblades (They don't want to buy their own) and the other half says beyblade is a disgrace... I bought beyblades to my middle school to instantly be told not to bring one....................................................... yet they don't care when my friends, that ACTUALY have their own beys, launches it out in the open. #smh
It is not popular over here. I wish I could go to a tournament, but they are all to far for me to go to, since I can't drive yet.
(Jan. 26, 2019  10:35 PM)BurstMaster Wrote: It is not popular over here. I wish I could go to a tournament, but they are all to far for me to go to, since I can't drive yet.

Me neither, where I live in Mobile,AL it's empty for tornements... they're all out either in Canada, TX, LA, Etc.