How to Submit Tournament Footage for Beyblade Channel

(Dec. 19, 2013  1:19 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: During the Scavenger Hunt period, do we still get a free FaceBooster for turning one in?

I don't see why not! I don't think it counts for the "additional Face" goal, though.
I'm planning to submit a video of my event if it gets approved.
But I had two doubts regarding this:
1. Is it necessary to record the finals as well? Because most of the times, I am one of the finalists so I'm unable to get a proper footage of the finals.
2. I don't have a video editing software ATM so is there any particular software that I should use for better results?
I hope I can get a proper video this time(if the event gets approved, of course).
(Dec. 19, 2013  3:37 AM)Justaway Wrote: I'm planning to submit a video of my event if it gets approved.
But I had two doubts regarding this:
1. Is it necessary to record the finals as well? Because most of the times, I am one of the finalists so I'm unable to get a proper footage of the finals.
2. I don't have a video editing software ATM so is there any particular software that I should use for better results?
I hope I can get a proper video this time(if the event gets approved, of course).

Hm, I would record at least the moment where the winners are officially announced and prizes given if any, to compensate.

If you have an iMac, iMovie is quite great.
Ok, I'll do that.
Unfortunately, I have Windows 7 :\
I'll google up to check which is a good substitute for windows.
(Dec. 19, 2013  3:53 AM)Justaway Wrote: Ok, I'll do that.
Unfortunately, I have Windows 7 :\
I'll google up to check which is a good substitute for windows.

if you want a basic one Windows live movie maker is your answer or If you want something like Finalcutxpro Cyberlink power director and pinnacle studio 14 Are your Answers!
Hey guys, need help with something. So I'm trying to get footage to BeyChannel from a tournament. So, my problem is that when I try to upload a video to a file-sharing website, every time it seems like it's downloading, but then it disappeared from the folder I put the footage in. Help? I did this on my phone btw.
What website are you using? If you continue to have issues, I would upload from a computer; I've had issues uploading or sending large files from my phone before. Try Mediafire Smile
I used Mediafire and Dropbox, don't know what's going on. :\
Definitely your phone then; I've had that issue before. I would send yourself the fire & just upload it from your computer Uncertain
That's the problem, I can't. Since I'm in Europe, I can't really send it to that computer :\ also, I'm using an iPhone which is one of the newer phones so I dunno
(Oct. 22, 2012  5:39 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Oct. 22, 2012  5:35 PM)pyrus10000 Wrote: Is there any specific editing program that we have to use to put the text on? And must we have to give commentary of the tournament?

I use iMovie when I do editing for BeyChannel, but as long as you can get it to look like it does on our current tournament videos, then it should be fine. There's no crazy effects on the text, so it should be easy to mimic.

And no, no commentary is necessary! It's fine if you can hear people talking in the footage (you can see many instances of this in the tournament videos that are already up), but for the most part, the music will be the main focus.
I don't have iMovie, and the best option to video editing I have is Camtasia... Can I just send you all videos and you can do the text and opening?
I will try to record the next tournament.
Thank you!
Hey guys so i just finished editing High Park Throwdown 7, I will be sending the footage to @[Bey Brad] to add music, intro, and the outro to the video! I will PM you the drop box file once it uploads, i managed to get the video to 4 minuted and 40 seconds. Hopefully it gets uploaded fast! Also @[Kei] if you have any footage of the finals would you mind sending it to me so i can add it to the video? I did not have any footage of the finals so it would definitely make the video better with the finals in it haha.
(Aug. 19, 2015  9:05 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: Hey guys so i just finished editing High Park Throwdown 7, I will be sending the footage to @[Bey Brad] to add music, intro, and the outro to the video! I will PM you the drop box file once it uploads, i managed to get the video to 4 minuted and 40 seconds. Hopefully it gets uploaded fast! Also @[Kei] if you have any footage of the finals would you mind sending it to me so i can add it to the video? I did not have any footage of the finals so it would definitely make the video better with the finals in it haha.

You should send the footage to me, actually. I'm still handling the tournament videos. Thanks!

I actually shot a ton of footage at this event and was planning to do my own video eventually, so it would be better if you just uploaded the unedited footage you shot and sent it to me privately so that I can pull from it when I start editing the video for that event. Hopefully the quality of the video won't be too different so that the clips don't clash with each other, but we'll see.

In the future, maybe talk with me before the event if you plan on shooting video so that we don't both spend time shooting video that might not work with each other (since it would of course be best to not use multiple different cameras for a single video).
Hey everyone, since we've been getting a few more submissions recently for Beyblade Channel as a result of the Scavenger Hunt, upon reflection I decided to add in a few more guidelines for the submission of footage. Namely, guidelines for the title of the PM you send us, including the tournament thread link in your PM, and a naming convention for the video files that are submitted.

This will help us to better understand what footage is being submitted to us and to organize it on our end. Thank you! You can find the complete updated "Submission Process" guidelines below:

(Oct. 22, 2012  5:30 PM)Kei Wrote: Submission Process
1. Assemble tournament footage into a 2-6min clip (footage must have not been posted on Youtube before)
2. Upload the assembled footage to a file sharing website and send it to the WBO Committee for review. The title of your PM should read as follows: "Beyblade Channel Video Submission : [TOURNAMENT DATE, LOCATION] - [TOURNAMENT NAME] - [FORMAT]. The text of the PM should include a link to the tournament thread. And the file name of the video should us the following naming convention: eventdate-location-tournamentname-FORMAT (example: 121716-Toronto-Canada-Welcome-to-AC-Games-BST)
3. If approved, the WBO Committee will add the BeyChannel intro/outro to your footage, and then post the video on BeyChannel!

For the specific video requirements, please see the opening post.
I have submitted footages of 2 tournaments to mana and kei on August 7th but I haven't gotten any reply yet. Please check pm and reply soon lol
(Aug. 20, 2017  6:40 PM)AaryanBITW Wrote: I have submitted footages of 2 tournaments to mana and kei on August 7th but I haven't gotten any reply yet. Please check pm and reply soon lol

Thank you! I will reply later tonight.
Quick update for the submission guidelines: the font required is now Titillium Web.

Here are the updated font guidelines from the opening post:

(Oct. 22, 2012  5:30 PM)Kei Wrote:
BeyChannel Tournament Footage Guidelines (Click to View)

As an example, you can see the new font in action in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BZg8d7iP0Y
(Oct. 22, 2012  5:30 PM)Kei Wrote:
How to Submit Tournament Footage for Beyblade Channel
BeyChannel Tournament Videos

Do you want to showcase your community to the world? If so, then you might be interested in submitting tournament footage to BeyChannel! We have over 10,000 subscribers, so it's sure to be seen by a huge amount of people globally. Submitting your footage is easy, and anyone who attends a tournament can do it:

Submission Process
1. Assemble tournament footage into a 2-6min clip (footage must have not been posted on Youtube before)
2. Upload the assembled footage to a file sharing website and send it to JoJo [Jp0t] for review. The title of your PM should read as follows: "Beyblade Channel Video Submission : [TOURNAMENT DATE, LOCATION] - [TOURNAMENT NAME] - [FORMAT]. The text of the PM should include a link to the tournament thread. And the file name of the video should us the following naming convention: eventdate-location-tournamentname-FORMAT (example: 121716-Toronto-Canada-Welcome-to-AC-Games-BST)
3. If approved, the WBO Committee will add the BeyChannel intro/outro to your footage, and then post the video on BeyChannel!

Simple, isn't it? If you decide that this is something you'd like to do, please read these precise guidelines:

BeyChannel Tournament Footage Guidelines (Click to View)

In addition to tournament footage contributors who have their material posted on BeyChannel receiving Credits in the video itself, and in the description, they will also be given one of the following Face Boosters as our way of saying "thank you" for all of your efforts:

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here. Smile

Hello! Just wondering if there is any other kind of footage that you can submit to the WBO YouTube channel? Thanks Grin
Does JoJo [Jp0t] still review tournament footage?
(Aug. 15, 2022  9:21 PM)RED NINJA 0829 Wrote: Does JoJo [Jp0t] still review tournament footage?

No, she is not currently on staff for the WBO.
(Aug. 16, 2022  5:55 AM)Shindog Wrote:
(Aug. 15, 2022  9:21 PM)RED NINJA 0829 Wrote: Does JoJo [Jp0t] still review tournament footage?

No, she is not currently on staff for the WBO.

Ok, who would I bring this up to?
(Aug. 16, 2022  1:25 PM)RED NINJA 0829 Wrote:
(Aug. 16, 2022  5:55 AM)Shindog Wrote: No, she is not currently on staff for the WBO.

Ok, who would I bring this up to?

I would say this falls under project social media at this time. 

https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-PROJECT...pid1821739

I would guess th!nk is the one to contact