How to Edit and Create Articles on the Wiki

I wrote an article about LDD .... What i must do?
Create a topic? Thanks
I've created a new "Setbox" template for use in articles that are included under the "Set" category. It's essentially a modified version of the "Beybox" with the "Type" section omitted. Here's the wikitext for it:

Code:
{{Setbox
| image = Bb96_1.jpg
| full item name = Beyblade Super Deck Set
| item number = BB-96
| beyblade system = [[Metal Fight Beyblade]]
}}
Hey you might need to change the template for that since there are now other articles for sets being made. It automatically used that template and gave me pic from the article from the super deck set which confused me a bit.
Did you try to put in the correct image though? If you just copied that, of course the super deck set picture will show up, the code for that picture is in what you copied (if you did just copy it) : "image = Bb96_1.jpg"

You also need to change the name, number, and system, if you did copy it.
I didn't copy the whole thing though. I copied the format with bits related to that taken out and then it automatically put that pic in when I didn't put one in since Kei was going to do that. Probably not a problem since everyone will have a pic to put in the article. I think that it inserted that one since it is used as the template since I didn't have one. Could be wrong though.
Here's my Plastic Article Formatting CheatSheet. Copy and past stuff from here when writing and then yeah. Save it as a document, put it in a resources folder!

Also, use this formatting to write instead of Post formatting. __TOC__ is all that is needed to make a table of contents appear. Use wiki markup instead, makes it easier to put up and to rewrite!

ANYWAY ENJOY!

Quote:Beybox/TOC

{{Beybox
| image = Voltaic_Ape.jpg
| full item name = Voltaic Ape
| item number = A-77
| beyblade system = [[4-Layer]]/[[5-Layer]]/[[Magnecore]]/[[Hidden Spirit]]/[[Engine Gear]]
| beyblade type = [[Defense]] [[Survival]] [[Attack]] [[Balance]]
| starter or booster =
}}

__TOC__

Links: http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/...:Imagelist
Don't use caps on the beybox thing or it breaks.

* '''Weight:''' # grams
http://homepage3.nifty.com/hind/sub10-1.htm

Combo Template

Remember to include the bey each part comes from after the part's name, as [[BeybladeName]] - even if it's the bey the article is about. In that case, links like that instead show up as bolded text instead, which is convenient.

* '''AR:'''
* '''SAR:'''
* '''WD:'''
* '''SG:'''
* '''SG Shaft:'''
* '''SG Tip:'''
* '''SP:'''
* '''BB:'''
* '''Sub Ring:'''

>Spin Gears:

[[Spin_Gear#A_to_F_Series_Spin_Gears|Right/Left SG]] (Casings) ([[Casing Bey]])
[[Spin_Gear#V_and_V2_Series_Spin_Gears|Neo Left/Right SG]] (Core/Casings) ([[Casing Bey]])
[[Spin_Gear#G_and_GT_Series_Spin_Gears|Full Name]]

>Weight Disks (Combination)
(For section title, call 6 wide, balance, heavy their proper names (no 6))
[[Balance Weight Disks|# Balance]]
[[Wide Weight Disks|# Wide]]
[[Heavy Weight Disks|# Heavy]]
[[Wide Defense]]
[[Wide Survivor]]
[[Attack Weight Disks|(NAME) Attack]] (Star Attack, Revolver Attack, Wide Attack, Heavy Attack)
[[MG WD]]

Weight Disks (Section)
(For section title, call 6 wide, balance, heavy their proper names (no 6))
See [[Balance Weight Disks|# Balance]]
See [[Wide Weight Disks|# Wide]]
See [[Heavy Weight Disks|# Heavy]]
See[[Attack Weight Disks|(NAME) Attack]] (Star Attack, Revolver Attack, Wide Attack, Heavy Attack)
See [[MG WD]]

n/a See [[Wide Defense]]
n/a See [[Wide Survivor]]

Random
This beyblade was released by [[Takara]] in a Random Booster. The possible Weight Disks are:
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Random-B...tents-List

Other ver's: Alphabetical order.
==Other Versions==
* [[Other Beyblade]]
* [[article beys name]] – {colour} Ver. (Random Booster #)
* [[article bey name]] [[Hasbro]] [[Metal Master]] Ver. ({colour})
* [[article bey name]] [[Hasbro]] [[Hyperblades]] Ver. ({colour 1/colour 2})
* [[article bey name]] [[Hasbro]] [[Phantom Force]] Ver. ({colour})

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Random-B...tents-List

Gallery: don't forget the gallery, even if empty.

==Gallery==
<gallery>

</gallery>

==Overall==

[[CategoryTongue_outlastic Beyblade]]
[[Category:Beyblade]]

Notes: To bold the name of the topic beyblade, just use [[name]]. Use ''' for other bolding. '' does italics, iirc.

Use American spellings.

External Links:
[URL HERE words for link]

IMAGES (place anywhere in a section)

[[Image:IMAGENAME.TYPE|thumb|CAPTION]]

To resize:
[[Image:IMAGENAME.TYPE|thumb|SIZEpx|CAPTION]]

Hope it helps!
hey im not sure if i should post this here or not but this seemed the most appropiate so
i wanted to make a new page on a few beyblades which arent available but i was told that i need to ask permission from the mods so how do i ask them do i pm anyone of them or do i post it in some thread if i need to post it in some thread can anyone giv me a link to that thread
If you looked around, it would be clear : you post a draft in the Beywiki Project forum first, and then you wait and hope that your draft is good enough to get published.
Maybe I'm dumb, but how do I login into Beywiki?
There's a bit at the top of every page that says log in or something like that.
(Mar. 08, 2012  4:06 PM)Kai-V Wrote: If you looked around, it would be clear : you post a draft in the Beywiki Project forum first, and then you wait and hope that your draft is good enough to get published.
Oh, I just went and made Counter Escolpio should I have made a draft?
Yes, I just had to delete basically every edit you made ... Before you do anything on Beywiki, consult us here.
[Huge quote removed.]
I dont think Kai-v wants Beywiki to get bigger because he deleted all my contributions!!
Angry

Sorry for the post I did not know I had to get permission one question do I have to get permission for adding a part in the parts list?
We can't have anyone creating any article they want. That would surely turn into chaos. And result in sub standard info. No info is better than bad/wrong info (not talking about your article, just in general. I didn't read it so I can't comment on it.). It takes a lot longer but that's the price of quality and the way it has to be unfortunately. Unless you're making a minor edit and/or are known to be knowledgeable you shouldn't make edits. It's designed so that we're accountable for our actions. Even if the most knowledgeable person from Japan or something came along they would be able to post articles without the permission of staff off the bat.
Wasn't sure what thread to post this in, but wanted to restate my offer to provide additional photos for the beywiki. My collection can currently be seen in a zoomed out view in the eBay topic thread. It's rather extensive and may contain items as of yet un-imaged; the zoomed out photos can be a guide for any Beyblade or component photo request. I love the beywiki, and although I do not consider myself qualified to write articles, an offer of photos is a way for me to perhaps contribute something to it. You need only ask.

To make it easier, here again are the photos:

Also not pictured are a few new ones - dark Dranzer, magical layer, shining god ms (gold ver)...
Does everyone have the permission to edit articles on beywiki? I´m a little confused, because there´s also a thread for "errors on beywiki" where we can tell others if we found something to edit.
I believe only officials like Kai-V, Kei or members like th!nk ect. Can only edit it. You can however PM one of them and tell them a mistake. You might even be allowed to edit it if they can't.

I once tried to edit one, but I nearly got a waring, haha.
All changes must be approved.
(Feb. 11, 2014  8:02 PM)" L Wrote: I believe only officials like Kai-V, Kei or members like th!nk ect. Can only edit it. You can however PM one of them and tell them a mistake. You might even be allowed to edit it if they can't.

I once tried to edit one, but I nearly got a waring, haha.

Hmm that´s strange, I tried to edit one (I didn´t want to edit anything, just wanted to see if I could) and I really could edit the texts (of course I didn´t eventually).
You can get into the source to copy and paste and such (you can add and remove text as well), but you can't actually publish any changes you make without permission.
There's a great deal of plastic beyblade articles with the "Note: Since this article was published, significant new and more accurate information has come to light, and as a result, this article must be updated." message.

I'm assuming that, naturally, efforts being put into more recent releases form newer generations, but is anyone keeping on top of the plastics articles?
(Jun. 08, 2014  11:34 PM)Bastion Wrote: There's a great deal of plastic beyblade articles with the "Note: Since this article was published, significant new and more accurate information has come to light, and as a result, this article must be updated." message.

I'm assuming that, naturally, efforts being put into more recent releases form newer generations, but is anyone keeping on top of the plastics articles?

th!nk was supposed to, but even if he had not been warned and now seriously thinking of leaving, I am not certain we would necessarily have seen those corrections any time soon ... Certainly, if anyone else can work on those plastics articles, that would be great.
There were a few pieces here and there that I think I could polish up, so that's good to know Smile
th!nk leaving is a huge loss to the beyblade community, that last warning by Uwik really pushed him.
If I write an article direct on Bey-wiki instead of The Beywiki Project is it legal ?