Hiding Beyblade from your friends

Same thing with me Shido about being back takes Uncertain

Last month I told 2 of my close friends and they were fine about it and also told them how I recently joined WBO. One was fine with it and actually likes to hear about my WBO activity. If you play with LEGO or action figures at my school, everybody will be laughing at you and think you are some sort of grade 3 kid... Most of the kids of my school go "OMG! I BIZ DA BEZT COD PLAYER! MLG M8, GET SHREKT!!!" (That's what one of my classmates seriously does...) And I can't just be like "I play with spinning tops", everybody cares about popularity and being with the coolest things that they think everything else is lame...

I still haven't told one of my best friends yet as I know he will be critical and spread it to all my friends...

Beyblade is something I like, but afraid to tell.
(Nov. 25, 2014  2:25 AM)Hato-Bokkun Wrote: Most of the kids of my school go "OMG! I BIZ DA BEZT COD PLAYER! MLG M8, GET SHREKT!!!"
-beyblade always spin
-1spin = 360
-launchers = no optical zoom 4 launchs = nosc0pe
-beyblade = have 3 types
-illuminati = have 3 sides

BEYBLADE = MLG EPIK ALL 360 NOSCOPE #REKT ILLUMINATI CONFIRM HL3 CONFIRM GR8 R8 8/8 M8
I'm 16, I told all of my close friends about it and they were just like "Whatever". My family thinks it is silly, but really make fun of me for it. I have never told my girlfriend though, probably never will.

I just moved from Arizona to Texas. This is actually where I got into it, but from a bunch of 7 and 8 year olds. I'm not sure if I'll tell anyone unless I find someone else, or I get a lot closer to people. Not sure how different the people down here are.
(Nov. 12, 2014  4:27 AM)Andrios77 Wrote: (as they sit there wondering if you know that they have secretly been watching Power Rangers)

I've been compromised.
So after several years I finally told my close friends that I beyblade. I even mentioned the fact that I run 2 beyblade channels on youtube and that I get paid for making beyblade videos. They were pretty shocked about the whole youtube thing rather than the hobby. Either way they thought it was pretty cool how I get paid to play with spinning tops. They found the actual beyblades to be boring and uninteresting though. (even after I explained to them the whole concept of customizing a beyblade)
I'm a 20 year old polisci major at the university of virginia. In high school I won 3 athletic state championships and was voted homecoming king my senior year. Oh and also, BEYBLADE IS MY ISH. I must admit though, I did keep it hidden for quite a while. At times, even from my own parents. I had no friends who would have understood. I was ashamed of it. But then I realized that hiding something that I was passionate about was like hiding a part of me. And to be ashamed was to be shameful of my own self. Be who you want to be, do what you want to do, and be confident in who you are. Makes life a lot more simple.