Hasbro's Beyblade Burst "Energy Layers" have no teeth, "bursting is rare" [UPDATED]

Whoa, thanks for the clear pic Nocto. Looking forward to see how it compares to others.
Hopefully I won't have had you waiting too long.

[Image: hasbro_s2_slopes1.jpg]
[Image: hasbro_s2_slopes2.jpg]
[Image: hasbro_s2_slopes3.jpg]
[Image: hasbro_s2_slopes4.jpg]

I don't have enough experience with Burst to know how to begin describing how the sliding friction feels. It's a bit odd; doesn't feel as strong as good tall tooth, but then Kei and co. seem to have trouble bursting them. It does feel a little springy, maybe, when you try to unscrew it when it is fully screwed on, like it wants to fall back into position. I don't know.
Great photos. We can see clearly that they have unique slopes, at least. Nocto, the Japanese version of S2 clicks on and off almost like there is no resistance at all, so seems like a pretty big difference.
Dear lord what next hasbro? I was really hoping they wouldn't screw up beyblade again. I mean it kinda defeats the whole purpose of burst.
Apparently Hasbro Performance Tip design is different from Takara-Tomy Driver design. That means aside from Disks, there is no cross-compatibility between Hasbro and Takara-Tomy parts. Wow.
Hasbro really doesn't want us buying Takara Tomy beys anymore.
The fact that there is no cross compatibility is kind of disappointing since I just recently started to get some TT Burst stuff just for this... Though the fact that the beyblades have a harder time bursting does seem interesting, but at the same time, it kind of hinders the purpose of Burst in general, which is to burst. But I am still hyped nonetheless
This is one emotional roller coaster we are all riding...
To be clear, Japanese launchers work.
I can confirm that I cannot use Hasbro Layers with TT Bottoms.

Hasbro Bottoms do seem to be compatible with TT Layers, although my Neptune doesn't seem to click as strong to Hasbro Bottoms as it does to TT Bottoms, even if fully screwed it is well fastened.

Disks/Discs work both ways.
This is really getting my gears turning in a meta perspective. If hasbro parts are this different from TT parts, would it be fair to have them in the same format together?

Of course, we'll only know with testing, but this is a truly intriguing development.
(Sep. 01, 2016  3:22 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Apparently Hasbro Performance Tip design is different from Takara-Tomy Driver design. That means aside from Disks, there is no cross-compatibility between Hasbro and Takara-Tomy parts. Wow.

Does that mean any hope of a good Valkyrie Layer to use on TT parts or on normal metagame is completely gone now? Well I guess not if we used Hasbro drivers but I think it would need it's own carppy format at this point.
Okay. This is bad news in my opinion. Imagine having battles with Bladers with TT beys and the new kids with the Hasbro beys. It would be and absolute disaster. T_T
(Sep. 01, 2016  3:45 AM)LosTxSouL94 Wrote: Okay. This is bad news in my opinion. Imagine having battles with Bladers with TT beys and the new kids with the Hasbro beys. It would be and absolute disaster. T_T

I feel like Hasbro bladers would have the advantage, due to them being harder to Burst.
Can anyone confirm if these have been released in the US?
(Sep. 01, 2016  3:45 AM)LosTxSouL94 Wrote: Okay. This is bad news in my opinion. Imagine having battles with Bladers with TT beys and the new kids with the Hasbro beys. It would be and absolute disaster. T_T

We don't know exactly what the difference is yet. I wouldn't jump to conclusions, considering we got from "they'll burst too easily!" to "they're invincible!" in the span of an hour or so.

(Sep. 01, 2016  3:49 AM)Hypnofist Wrote: Can anyone confirm if these have been released in the US?

If someone could confirm it they would have. We haven't heard anything about a US release.
(Sep. 01, 2016  3:46 AM)Real_ilinnuc Wrote: I feel like Hasbro bladers would have the advantage, due to them being harder to Burst.

And that's not fair. It's like everyone has first release Odin layers and you're stuck with a flat toothed layer. I'll be a drama queen and say Burst is already dead in the West. Hahaha

(Sep. 01, 2016  3:49 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:

We don't know exactly what the difference is yet. I wouldn't jump to conclusions, considering we got from "they'll burst too easily!" to "they're invincible!" in the span of an hour or so.
Yeah, good point. Future seems bleak as of the past few hours for Burst. Hope news does get better.

I really REALLY want it to be good and relive the glory days of Beyblading but this is gut wrenching news to see Hasbro have changed everything about it.
WHAT? no cross-compatible between Hasbro and TT?

unless they aren't too dominating due to ""Bursting is Rare"". I'm ok with it

Well i see some good side and some bad side about it but if it fit our tournaments well then yeah I'm happy as draciel

Good Side:-
Better Performance
Less Wear [Yes!]
Maybe Hasbro New Format
Cheaper Prices!
More Accessible To People Who Can't Order Online

Bad Side:-
We Need To Test So Many Parts
May Not Able to Use them with TT in same format! [I mean just think a very hard to burst Chaos. it will destroy everything in TT meta]
We don't know exactly how rare bursting is in "typical conditions" (Japanese launcher and stadium) so everyone try to calm down a bit for now ... more info will be coming soon.
Wow, something was definitely lost in translation... I still have hope...
[Image: 19uhak.jpg]*

*disregard my lack of meme creativity and probable misspelling because of my lack of burst knowledge

Despite this bad news (at least that what it seems to be), the new packaging kinda takes me back to the metal fusion days, haha.
Not for me, the package reminds me so much of Beyraiderz, I love the Metal Fusion and Legends packaging and I wish Burst packaging could look like that.

BTW that meme was funny.
You guys also have to remember, this isn't a game to hasbro, beyblade is a toy line. Unfortunately, they aren't going to support it like a full on competitive game, and prefer to make a toy that appeals to kids and doesn't wear out as fast. They didn't "drop the ball" because they didn't care about the ball in the first place. They own Wizards of the coast, they make plenty of gamer money.

Sorry to sound harsh, but the sooner you realize this, the sooner you can stop caring about the differences in product and just have fun battling tops.
(Sep. 01, 2016  4:41 AM)Hypnofist Wrote: You guys also have to remember, this isn't a game to hasbro, beyblade is a toy line. Unfortunately, they aren't going to support it like a full on competitive game, and prefer to make a toy that appeals to kids and doesn't wear out as fast. They didn't "drop the ball" because they didn't care about the ball in the first place. They own Wizards of the coast, they make plenty of gamer money.

Sorry to sound harsh, but the sooner you realize this, the sooner you can stop caring about the differences in product and just have fun battling tops.

Agreed. As disappointing as it is, I never really expected much from Hasbro.
Rampant speculation accomplishes nothing. I would strongly advise everyone to stop hopping on the "it's different so it sucks" bandwagon and give Hasbro's release a chance, or at the very least wait for actual tests before jumping to conclusions. The majority of you have not even touched Hasbro Burst yet, so just calm down and wait for actual statistically valid facts to base your panic on.