[Hasbro]  HyperSphere Driver Testing and Discussion

I finally got around to doing some tests with the HyperSphere Drivers I have right now (Charge I-H, Coil-H, Keep-H, Linear-H, and Rise-H). I wanted to compare them to each other in Opposite-Spin. I don't plan on doing any Same-Spin testing for HyperSphere Drivers at the moment, as they generally Self-KO when hard launched. And on top of that, their Opposite-Spin data is more important to me.

For HyperSphere Drivers that may not have a non-HyperSphere Driver counterpart, I referred to them using abbreviations from the way Takara Tomy abbreviates some of their Drivers (second letter is the first consonant like most other Drivers with two letters in their abbreviation) and added a -H and sometimes a Roman numeral if there were multiple versions. For HyperSphere Drivers that have non-HyperSphere Driver counterparts, I just used their Takara Tomy abbreviation and added a -H and sometimes a Roman numeral if there were multiple versions.

Abbreviations I'm Using
Charge I-H = Ch I-H (Takara Tomy abbreviation + Roman Numeral for 1 and -H)
Coil-H = Cl-H (we already have Claw as C)
Keep-H = Kp-H (Takara Tomy abbreviation + -H)
Linear-H = Ln-H (we already have Liner as L)
Rise-H = Rs-H (Takara Tomy abbreviation + -H)

When I get more HyperSphere Drivers, I'll add more testing to this thread. There are a lot of HyperSphere Drivers (they're similar but can be different at the same time) so I don't know if I really want to make an individual thread for each one. Maybe later idk.
Seems Linear-H has relatively pretty good opposite spin stamina, can you check it in a same spin and/or classic context for it?
(Feb. 25, 2020  8:24 AM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: Seems Linear-H has relatively pretty good opposite spin stamina, can you check it in a same spin and/or classic context for it?

HyperSphere Drivers will Self-KO if hard launched, which could make it difficult to properly test them in Same-Spin. Weak launching in Same-Spin Stamina testing for Drivers just seems weird to me, I don't know. But regarding the Classic part, myself, Shindog, bladekid, Kei, The Supreme One, Wombat and others have done several tests with HyperSphere Drivers late last year. Around the time of the Beyblade West tournaments last November. I heard from Shindog that Linear-H seemed to be doing the best in his tests and I believe he also mentioned Dragoon Fighter Yell Linear-H to me as well. I used that combo and tried out the other HyperSphere Drivers I had at the AirBNB with others and found that it did really good against most things. And the things that could counter it (KO Attack, Same-Spin stuff like Dragoon Fantom on Dash Drivers for example, Tornado Stallers to KO at the ridge) didn't seem that consistent in my opinion. Those tests caused the HyperSphere Drivers to be banned in Burst Classic right before the Burst Classic tournament at Beyblade West. They probably would've dominated the event since multiple people had them.
(Feb. 25, 2020  8:24 AM)RacingCheetahz Wrote: Seems Linear-H has relatively pretty good opposite spin stamina, can you check it in a same spin and/or classic context for it?
Like KJ said, they will self KO sometimes, especially with linear-H, but depending on the setup, you can boost some of the other ones that don't self KO that much to a point of same spin usability. The drivers themselves have a very long spin retention for some reason and it's to a point where it could be almost like a form of precession. Ones like bullet-H and Rise-H, if med launched can avoid self KO to a usability point and actually have great stalling and same spin properties. I have to do more testing about these, things, but they can work.
In the thread "Turbo Spryzen S4 Testing and Discussion" there was only 1 KO versus tS4 on Rise-H.
I just hold Keep-H next to Rise-H and it has a more flattened tip and thus more friction.

Keep-H could work in same spin battles, when launched carefully. When I find time, I will do some testing.
My only HyperSphere Drivers are Keep, Valor, Power, and Charge II, so I'm not too knowledgeable, but Charge II seems pretty good for attack, Tornado Stall, and destabilization, but doesn't seem to have the best LAD. I'm guessing that Charge III is even better due to having more Stamina.
i have two keeps and rise sooo...
My testing of hyperspheres mostly have been on Linear-H.  It is fantastic in opposite spin and it seems to have very good to great same spin stamina if it doesn’t get KOed or self KO.  However, it can be hard to keep Linear-H in the stadium.  

When it was time for beyblade west, hyperspheres were not really available in my area.  I went and purchased Linear-H from Canada after watching originalzankye video on TS4 on Linear-H (I think it was that). It performed surprising well against all sorts of things.  Credit should be given where credit is due, and I am definitely not someone who would usually discover good Hasbro parts early.
Could you try Jagged-H when you get it? It looks like it is great agsinst opposite spin.
I don't really own any but they look so cool
It looks like Spiro-H might be a pretty good for opposite spin. I haven’t watched a video about Zone Luinor yet, but it looks like it has potential.
(Feb. 25, 2020  8:30 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: It looks like Spiro-H might be a pretty good for opposite spin. I haven’t watched a video about Zone Luinor yet, but it looks like it has potential.

It’ll have to be better than bullet-h, which has the best opposite spin stamina as of now.
(Feb. 25, 2020  9:00 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Feb. 25, 2020  8:30 PM)Ardmore Bladers Wrote: It looks like Spiro-H might be a pretty good for opposite spin. I haven’t watched a video about Zone Luinor yet, but it looks like it has potential.

It’ll have to be better than bullet-h, which has the best opposite spin stamina as of now.
Unfortunately it's is not. I'll do some more official testing in a bit, but just like orbital-H it's good, but it lacks the slide that things like Bullet I-H and linear-H have.
So, I did some testing on Rise-H and Bullet I-H. Both were launched moderately.
SRS3.Ω.Rs-H vs. SRS3.Ω.Bl I-H

Same Spin (Right): Rs-H had a 70% win-rate (4 OS, 3 KO) while Bl I-H had a 30% (1 OS, 2 KO)

Opposite Spin (Rs-H Right, Bl I-H Left): Rs-H had a 40% win-rate (1 OS, 3 KO) while Bl I-H had a 60% win-rate (5 OS, 1 KO)

Rise-H has the ability to not only conserve spin in places other than center, but it can also ride along the tornado ridge, provided it's not spinning too fast. However, Bullet I-H has more LAD, at the expense of a slightly higher KO risk. Rise-H seems to perform much better in same-spin but is still very comparable to other top-tier drivers in opposite-spin. However, Bullet I-H’s superior LAD seems to give it the edge over Rise-H in opposite-spin matchups. It even has comparable LAD to Bearing, and as such can be used very effectively in opposite-spin matchups. It even has some value in same-spin, where it can aim for an early KO, but also have some spin left over if it does not score the KO. However, this KO strategy is not always reliable.

Final thoughts: Both drivers excel in their niches of LAD, being even comparable to Dimension-S and Bearing. In short, of all the HyperSphere drivers, these two are some of the most useful as of the time of this writing.
(Feb. 25, 2020  4:33 PM)lilphilyb Wrote: Could you try Jagged-H when you get it? It looks like it is great agsinst opposite spin.

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. It looks great for heavy hits but with a massive risk of Burst and KO.
I just watched one of the latest NYC toy fair videos, and the one hypersphere I’m really looking forward to is Xtend Plus-H, which will come with Union Achilles A5.
Keep and valor and orbital are the best imo especially valor on kraken my combo cosmic valtryek around valor h is one of the best
Keep-H is pretty good with ace ashindra 0 keep H
Alright guys
Opposite spin: Bullet 1, Linear, Jagged, Spiro, Rise
Same spin: Valor, Charge-111, Keep, maybe Orbital
Can someone do testing on Banshee-H (released with Morrigna)
Just so you guys know, I'm doing some testing on some hypersphere parts, so if you have any requests let me know!
(Jun. 03, 2020  4:45 PM)bladekid Wrote: Just so you guys know, I'm doing some testing on some hypersphere parts, so if you have any requests let me know!

Valor-H vs Atomic
(Jun. 03, 2020  5:08 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote:
(Jun. 03, 2020  4:45 PM)bladekid Wrote: Just so you guys know, I'm doing some testing on some hypersphere parts, so if you have any requests let me know!

Valor-H vs Atomic
Ok, thanks for the request.

Just decided to test some hypersphere stuff to see how it would do. Just as a quick note, all of the tS4 matches are opposite spin and all of the gK4 matches are same. Hope y'all enjoy! 

Test 1 (Valor was sliding shot):
gK4.00F.Va-H VS gK4.00F.Ab-S
Va win rate: 40% (OS: 4,KO: 0,B: 0)
Ab win rate: 60% (OS: 6,KO: 0,B: 0)
Ties: 2

Test 2 (Valor was sliding shot):
gK4.00F.Va-H VS gK4.00F.At
Va win rate: 40% (OS: 3,KO: 1,B: 0)
At win rate: 60% (OS: 5,KO: 1,B: 0)
Ties: 0

Test 3:
tS4.00E.Sp-H VS tS4.00E.Br
Sp win rate: 40% (OS: 4,KO: 0,B: 0)
Br win rate: 60% (OS: 6,KO: 0,B: 0)
Ties: 1

Test 4:
tS4.00E.Sp-H VS tS4.00W.Br
Sp win rate: 10% (OS: 1,KO: 0,B: 0)
Br win rate: 90% (OS: 8,KO: 1,B: 0)
Ties: 3

Test 5:
tS4.00E.O-H VS tS4.00W.Br
O  win rate: 20% (OS: 1,KO: 1,B: 0)
Br win rate: 80% (OS: 8,KO: 0,B: 0)

Test 6:
tS4.00E.Rs-H VS tS4.00W.Br
Rs win rate: 20% (OS: 2,KO: 0,B: 0)

Test 7:
tS4.00E.Sp-H VS tS4.00E.Rs-H
Sp win rate: 90% (OS: 7,KO: 2,B: 0)
Rs win rate: 10% (OS: 1,KO: 0,B: 0)

Test 8:
tS4.00E.Sp-H VS tS4.00E.O-H
Sp win rate: 50% (OS: 4,KO: 1,B: 0)
O  win rate: 50% (OS: 4,KO: 1,B: 0)

Test 9:
tS4.00.Sp-H VS tS4.00E.Bl 1-H
Sp win rate: 40% (OS: 3,KO: 1,B: 0)
Bl  win rate: 60% (OS: 5,KO: 1,B: 0)

Test 10:
tS4.00E.Sp-H VS tS4.00.L-H
Sp win rate: 40% (OS: 2,KO: 2,B: 0)
L   win rate: 60% (OS: 6,KO: 0,B: 0)

Final thoughts:
Ok, so I must apologize first off. Before this, the small amount of loose testing I had done had gave me the impression that Spiro-H and Orbital-H weren't very spectacular besides the consistency, and I was very surprised when Spiro-H was doing very well. I noticed that regardless, it was very consistent compared to the other hypersphere drivers, especially Bl 1-H, which to me, isn't really known for consistency. Nevertheless, it was still very surprising to see Sp-H almost go even with Bl 1-H and given 20 rounds it may have taken the advantage eventually. This is because the the consistent Sp was able to beat Bl in the rounds where it wasn't at peak performance, plus So took away Bl's ability to stall, and it kinda relies on stalling and getting the late game destablization to beat the top tier LAD tips like Br and Xt+. My next point is Valor-H and how it was a bit underwhelming. It went 40/60 with both Ab-S and At and I guarantee if I launched any harder Va-H would have just self KOed. It's probably the most consistently good hypersphere driver, but it's really outclassed by less risky tips. But yeah, my bad for sleeping on Sp-H and O-H, I now realize that they are pretty much the second best option behind 00W.Br because that's pretty much the top of the charts when it comes to LAD and consistency.
(May. 22, 2020  8:55 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote: Alright guys
Opposite spin: Bullet 1, Linear, Jagged, Spiro, Rise
Same spin: Valor,  Charge-111, Keep, maybe Orbital
Can someone do testing on Banshee-H (released with Morrigna)
I have banshee-H (and morrigna), i only need to know how do I test it, with the stock morrigna combo or a random one?
(Jun. 03, 2020  6:26 PM)bladekid Wrote:
(Jun. 03, 2020  5:08 PM)Nitrogenic Wrote: Valor-H vs Atomic
Ok, thanks for the request.

Just decided to test some hypersphere stuff to see how it would do. Just as a quick note, all of the tS4 matches are opposite spin and all of the gK4 matches are same. Hope y'all enjoy! 

Test 3:

Test 4:

Test 5:

Test 6:

Test 7:

Test 8:

Test 9:

Test 10:

Final thoughts:
Ok, so I must apologize first off. Before this, the small amount of loose testing I had done had gave me the impression that Spiro-H and Orbital-H weren't very spectacular besides the consistency, and I was very surprised when Spiro-H was doing very well. I noticed that regardless, it was very consistent compared to the other hypersphere drivers, especially Bl 1-H, which to me, isn't really known for consistency. Nevertheless, it was still very surprising to see Sp-H almost go even with Bl 1-H and given 20 rounds it may have taken the advantage eventually. This is because the the consistent Sp was able to beat Bl in the rounds where it wasn't at peak performance, plus So took away Bl's ability to stall, and it kinda relies on stalling and getting the late game destablization to beat the top tier LAD tips like Br and Xt+. My next point is Valor-H and how it was a bit underwhelming. It went 40/60 with both Ab-S and At and I guarantee if I launched any harder Va-H would have just self KOed. It's probably the most consistently good hypersphere driver, but it's really outclassed by less risky tips. But yeah, my bad for sleeping on Sp-H and O-H, I now realize that they are pretty much the second best option behind 00W.Br because that's pretty much the top of the charts when it comes to LAD and consistency.

I have bullet 1 and keep could i help testing i only have a rail rush stadium
(Dec. 06, 2020  8:58 PM)beykid44 Wrote:
(Jun. 03, 2020  6:26 PM)bladekid Wrote: Ok, thanks for the request.

Test 3:

Test 4:

Test 5:

Test 6:

Test 7:

Test 8:

Test 9:

Test 10:

Final thoughts:

I have bullet 1 and keep could i help testing i only have a rail rush stadium
You could test stuff for sure, but without a TT stadium, the tests don’t mean much unfortunately.