Guidelines for the "Your Creations" forum.

Question:
If you are posting an update, like a new post on your blog, would that count as a bump ?
Or at least, would there be consequences ?
No, you can double post with new chapters. But the lapse between posts must be reasonable. Not every two hours double posting. I'm talking about literal "BUMP!" posts. One, they are one-worded posts. Two, you cannot bump outside of the marketplace.
Well, they're spaced out. And informative. So yes, they are okay.

Not okay:

"Hey guys, check my blog!"
*two days later*
"Check my blooooooooooooooooooooooooog, its so awesome."
*a day later*
"Why is no one checking it??!?!?!!?"
Thanks. These are quite useful.

OMG, SO COOL!1!!1
Just a quick question, can we make a new rule for the general GFX thread?

Like when people ask Cnc, can they post the level of the Cnc they want to receive. I don't want to end up being harsh or too soft when I Cnc. Like Kujikato's gfx shop.

~Cheers
Yeah that's a good idea that way we could get more specific details on what was wrong if we chose high or, they could just say the big things wrong if we say low.
The General GFX Thread is not even the "Mandatory CnC Thread", its to discuss graphics. But its turned into a CnC thread. So, haaa ...

But, I do not want to make it a rule, per se. People should just say that they want the harshet CnC or whatever. Even better, just go to Kuji's shop ...

So no, don't want to make it a rule. People should just include it with their post.
Yep, it's also courtesy on behalf of the poster of the request to state how much she/he wants his/her work demolished, been there, done that! Grin
Eh, IMO people should be able to post constructive criticism no matter how harsh it is - but it must absolutely be constructive and helpful. The reason for this is that if people are going to post their work on a public forum, they should be prepared for criticism, in fact, they should be eager for it. If they are not prepared for criticism, then it is best kept to themselves, especially as it means they're cutting off the best way to improve their work.
Totally agreed with Technocrat. It's annoying when the new guys in GFX complain about us being harsh in our CnC, just when we're trying to help. Seriously, unless you want CnC, and are eager for it, don't post. Just like Technocrat said.
(Oct. 17, 2012  1:42 PM)Technocrat Wrote: Eh, IMO people should be able to post constructive criticism no matter how harsh it is - but it must absolutely be constructive and helpful. The reason for this is that if people are going to post their work on a public forum, they should be prepared for criticism, in fact, they should be eager for it. If they are not prepared for criticism, then it is best kept to themselves, especially as it means they're cutting off the best way to improve their work.

^Fixed your bolded brackets~

Anyways, what I was essentially trying to get at was there is a difference between "criticism" and blatant spam.

Example:

Crit: "The story had horrible grammar, you should work on that for sure, blah blah ..."
Spam: "the storie suckkked. and u shuld stop writingg cos it succed blah blah ..."

(and yeah, I've seen some cases of the latter before my time as a mod).
I've seen alot of people creating GFX Galleries, they're basically kicking out the GFX battles in the second and third pages. Can there be a rule for gfx galleries, and also strictly no double posting?
Hmm, I find no problem in bumping the battles. But at least make your 'bump' post constructive, like
"Hey, we're still in voting, so if you haven't voted yet, vote and CnC now!"

I find no problem in that...
LMAO Insomniac you should have left a link to my thread for number 14.
Nice to see you and the committee decided to get some important threads in here, there are needed.
#4 should be read a lot.
Should it be enforced about sending people PM's asking to read their stories or look at threads a lot? Just a suggestion, but I get them sometimes.
Umm, that could be a problem, I think only when you update the chapters, and the person you are sending has posted at least twice in your thread before?
(Dec. 09, 2012  10:36 PM)Tri Wrote: Should it be enforced about sending people PM's asking to read their stories or look at threads a lot? Just a suggestion, but I get them sometimes.

Of course if its just a friendly suggestion and you'd rather not receive further PMs, just let them know. However you can always forward the PM to me if you feel "harassed" with repetitive PMs.
I don't know... Honestly, YC is not a major part of the forum so sending people messages to go there isn't exactly good, and it is honestly pretty annoying to get PM's about stories when I don't even visit the section on a regular basis... "Unsolicited message" is pretty close to the definition of spam - the difference only being a matter of volume.
An improvement from the last one. THE LAST ONE WAS TOO LONG!
(Jan. 02, 2013  4:16 AM)jubksin43 Wrote: An improvement from the last one. THE LAST ONE WAS TOO LONG!

Lol, finally someone noticed.

Might as well justify the reason to condense and edit. The last one was quite repetitive and lengthy. It reiterated many things. So I condensed it into smaller sections. And now, most of the problems have been tackled down to size. Its just a matter of maintaining the order.
Wow, the new layout is nice! I love it! And still hoping that everyone follows the rules, quack, including myself! Joyful_2
Nice layout Insom! Feels good to be in good hands!
Little question; is possible to open a thread for a site that is not mine? Just to talk about it and make it known to the people Smile