Los Angeles, CA
Tournament Results
Grand Park Playground
227 N Spring St
  Meet under the shade where the bathroooms are
12:30 PM on 09/01/2018
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
5 cash  or Free with Passport*

Free entry with Blader Passport

Support the WBO by purchasing a Blader Passport and get unlimited access to WBO tournaments and monthly giveaways of new releases!

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Hosts/Judges
JoJo [Jp0t], Alta, ThaKingTai

Format
Burst

Event Schedule
10:30 AM - 11:30 AM: Registration*
11:30 AM - 11:45 AM: Bracket Set-up
11:45 AM - 12:00 PM: Announcements
12:00 PM: Tournament Starts**
*We will be enforcing a strict cut-off time for registration to start the tournament on time.
**Tournaments can run ALL DAY. Please make sure you have your day cleared for this event.

Meeting Spot
Grand Park Playground (Underlined in red)
The red star in the image below indicates the tournament spot. This is the large grassy area in front of LA City Hall. If you get lost, please contact one of the hosts or keep checking back on this thread. If needed, I will provide more map images and directions here in the discussion.
[Image: woMglFb.png]

Parking
The nearest parking lot is Classic Parking in between N Hill St and N Broadway St. $10 for all-day parking.
[Image: 0mCknuc.png]

Prizes
TBA
1st place gets first choice of the prize pool.
2nd place gets second choice.
3rd place gets the remaining prize.
A raffle will be held for players who did not make it to the finals.
Raffle prizes: TBA

Other Important Notes
- Make sure you already have a WBO account created before you come to the event.
- Please be respectful to all players and their belongings.
- Bring food and water for yourself as this will be an all-day event.
- Have fun!

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Thank you’  for hosting the tournament.  We look forward to it.  The forecast shows a relatively cool day too!  For summer in LA that is.
Perfect thanks for putting the tournament up on the 1st and if needed I will be happy to help
also thakingtai I don’t use my nemesis combo anymore so no more “bulling”
how many bathrooms are in the park
There should be one bathroom right next to our play area assuming that it isn't closed this time. If that bathroom is closed, then the next one is in the direction opposite of city hall next to the Starbucks. This one is about a five minute walk if you are going at a slow pace.
(Aug. 26, 2018  11:44 PM)AZNpro Wrote: There should be one bathroom right next to our play area assuming that it isn't closed this time. If that bathroom is closed, then the next one is in the direction opposite of city hall next to the Starbucks. This one is about a five minute walk if you are going at a slow pace.
Thankyou very much.

l'll bring my own stadiums for free play?
Okay guys, I want to let you know that due to having issues with usernames, YOU MUST HAVE YOUR ACCOUNT OPEN ON THE WBO. Some people (including myself) don’t have the most legible writing and we end up making a mistake with your usernames. In order to make sure that everything is done in a timely fashion, please do this.
I don’t understand what you mean have the account open Uncertain can you explain it
(Aug. 27, 2018  12:55 AM)ClexBlades Wrote: I don’t understand what you mean have the account open Uncertain can you explain it

I think he means to have your profile page open on the WBO site.  That way your username is clear and legible.  And your blader pass will show too if you have it.
(Aug. 27, 2018  12:55 AM)ClexBlades Wrote: I don’t understand what you mean have the account open Uncertain can you explain it

He means to have your WBO profile open on your phone as you register at the tournament, to make sure he or whoever is writing your username down spells/capitalizes it properly. This makes processing tournaments and updating the rankings much easier on the back end since the WBO system must use the exact username of each player.

Also @[ThaKingTai], several things I usually do for my tournaments is record the exact username of everyone who presses the Join Tournament button in what's more or less the seeding order in the OP (example from my last event) and also have the Member List open while adding people to Challonge so I can search for users who don't have their profile open and make sure the name is correct. I find these to be pretty useful for keeping things organized (I think I've only had 1 missing user in all of the tournaments I've hosted), but feel free to use what works best for you. Just trying to help out Smile
(Aug. 27, 2018  1:17 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2018  12:55 AM)ClexBlades Wrote: I don’t understand what you mean have the account open :/ can you explain it

He means to have your WBO profile open on your phone as you register at the tournament, to make sure he or whoever is writing your username down spells/capitalizes it properly. This makes processing tournaments and updating the rankings much easier on the back end since the WBO system must use the exact username of each player.

Also @[ThaKingTai], several things I usually do for my tournaments is record the exact username of everyone who presses the Join Tournament button in what's more or less the seeding order in the OP (example from my last event) and also have the Member List open while adding people to Challonge so I can search for users who don't have their profile open and make sure the name is correct. I find these to be pretty useful for keeping things organized (I think I've only had 1 missing user in all of the tournaments I've hosted), but feel free to use what works best for you. Just trying to help out  :)

There is more to it than just bringing some stadiums to host a tournament it turns out!  I recently read through the Organizers Guide (I thought about hosting a tournament for my son’s birthday party). There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes.  The quoted post by Wombat shows just a tiny portion what goes on behind the scenes and the work that goes into running a tournament.  There is plenty of record keeping to be done.  I was certainly guilty of terrible handwriting and not being prepared.  Let’s all try to be prepared with our WBO profile, be prepared with entry fee or blader pass, speak slowly and clearly, and write legibly.  

Remember the host/judges are VOLUNTEERS.  They are on their own time doing a bunch of busy work for us to have a fun time.  Let’s help them out as much as we can!  When we get the tournament completed in a timely manner that makes the parents/guardians happy too.  Win, win.
I can’t wait
(Aug. 27, 2018  11:49 AM)Raheem Wrote: What are the age restrictions
WBO tournaments are for all ages! Anyone can participate! Joyful_3
(Aug. 27, 2018  12:17 PM)Suhasini Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2018  11:49 AM)Raheem Wrote: What are the age restrictions
WBO tournaments are for all ages! Anyone can participate! Joyful_3

I'm 48 and little kids beat me all the time. lol .  see you there.   JOHN_K__YARD is going also
I like to beat old people .
Can’t wait
 to battle all my friends! I will beat you Alta ?
More blood on Alta huh why dose everyone have a grudge Against him lol
Don’t estimate adults they can come ever stronger just saying

Well good luck being Alta

I’m mean good luck beating Alta
I would like to know if I could sell some B 119 

Andif it is ok then...
This is my first time playing in a tournament to I'm really exited!!
How much is the b 118 random booster?
I can’t make to the tournament sadly but good luck bladers

Man I miss metal fight ?